Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#162201 06/11/12 05:11 AM
User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
I just got up and running again. I recorded my first track last night.
It's just me testing out My Strat (red) and my Mustang I amp.

To get a good reference point, I recorded this without any effects other than the amp. No EQ or Compression.

It's a jam of the first thing I did. It's been 3 years, but I've been practicing.
I hope you enjoy. There will more to come. I have to relearn the software again.

I raised the volume, maybe this one is better.

"Mustang"

Wayne,

Last edited by redguitars; 06/11/12 12:10 PM.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Wayne,

Nice! I'm not a guitar player but you sure sounded great to me. As I sat here with my eyes closed, it was very easy to imagine your fingers dancing all over the fretboard.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Thanks Noel,
It means a lot. I just started playing on and off recently. I regained the use of my left arm and hand after 10 years, so I'm working my way back now.
Got a new Fender Mustang Amp for Christmas and I switched to my Strat. New sound for me.

Also I had to figure out to get this working on a new PC. I'm thrilled.

Wayne,

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Wayne,

The Strat sounds great - very nice technique and feel you have.

Bob

User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Thanks Bob,
I've been practicing again since the holidays.
I played my Tele for 25 years and the Strat is new to me as my everyday guitar.
I've had the Strat for 17 years, but it was always my backup.
Thanks for listening.
Wayne,

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Killer Playing Wayne! It's a little low in over all volume, but mix of tracks sounds good.

User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hey Wayne,

Very impressive... if this is how you play now, what's it going to be like once you get better LOL? BTW, Is this all original improv? It really sounds awesome. And the recording is perfect too... I think you nailed it.

Dick

2008 Gibson ES-339 Custom & 2010 Les Paul Traditional. Fender SCXD Amp
BIAB/RB 2015 UltraPAK + Ketron SD2
Windows 7/64 Intel i5 3550 PC, Tascam USB144MKII
Behringer X1204 Mixer
Bose Companion 3 and/or L1 II w/T1 + SM58 MIC
User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Thanks Tommy,
It seemed low coming out of PTPA. I had the recording levels right on the money and turned all the track levels on the mixer (pg mixer) up full. When I exported to waveit was a bit low.
I have to figure out where the drop in volume is. I could pull it into Audacity and try something there. My last PC (XP) had MP3 and level conversion built in.
It's a start and it's a Strat...lol

I raised the Volume and changed the link. Maybe this is better.

Wayne,

User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Thanks Dick,

Thanks for taking the time to listen. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
And yes, I just make it up as I go along. I made a quick backing track last night and played to it. It was just to set levels and to finally hear what my Amp sounds I sound like recorded. I din't use any effects or tweak the tracks. I think mainly because I'm so darn lazy. I juts let it roll. I'm easily satisfied....lol

I recorded about 9 minutes, but changing sounds messed up some levels. So I cut out 3 minutes and faded it out with Audacity. I can't believe I forgot about that program. It's a lifesaver for me.
Wayne,

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Ah, what a nice Strat sound! Nice playing Wayne.

John

Songs web site
YouTube Channel
BIAB 2019
Cakewalk by BandLab
Studio One 4
User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Thanks John,

Playing the Strat full time is new for me. I've been playing my Tele for 25 years. The Strat was my backup. I switched this year and I'm getting the hang of playing a Strat again.

My wife likes the Strat now. She says it sounds like it's floating. The Tele is more of a sound attack.

Start = A Massage
Tele = Dentist

I'm glad you liked it. Thanks for listening.
Wayne,

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
It's much better now Wayne, that's some great picking!

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Impressive, nice playing and nice sound.

Chris
User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Thanks Tommy. I raised it a bit. I found out how to get it to the levels I used to get, but I'm not going to upload it again. I'm too lazy to change the links again. But this is loud enough to be listenable now.

Thanks again, Tommy.

Wayne,

User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Thanks a lot Chris,

I'm getting there with my playing and I'm liking my Strat sound. After so long it's like getting a new guitar. I've had it for 17 years but never really used it. Now it's my main guitar.

Wayne, (still a bit up in the air)

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Wayne,

I like your playing a lot. But I'd like to make one point that may or may not apply here... it's just a thought that occurred to me as I listened.

Have you ever gone into a jewelry store and browsed through a display of hundreds of beautiful diamond rings? For some reason a single ring always looks more dazzling than a whole room full of them... perhaps because one alone seems unique, but a hundred of anything makes all of them seem common.

Likewise an individual leaf is a wonder to behold, but one rarely notices it when looking at the forest.

I think the same thing applies to flashy musical passages. Any of the licks you played would sound more amazing if you confined it to a "teaser spot". If you leave people wanting more, it enhances the presentation.

The problem with jam songs is that you run the risk of going past the listener's attention threshold. A short passage leaves the listener thinking "WOW! That was awesome!" whereas a song that goes on for too long risks the possibility that the listener will click away from it.

What works in a live venue doesn't necessarily work in a recording...

Just a thought, not a criticism. Many of the people here in the user showcase have found that the software has made it so easy to make great recordings that we are free to focus on small details that enhance the final product.

I realize that your recording was a showcase for your guitar and amp's tone, and it really is awesome! But it is equally interesting to hear how various contributors spice up their songs with techniques to keep a song fresh for the song's duration.

User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Hey Pat,

Good advice Pat. This was recorded so I could test the sound of my amp and guitar. So I used the amp with some pickup combinations and different style riffs. I was pleased with most of the sounds. I only have 2 Jam songs or tracks that I've recorded or posted.

Most of my songs have no guitar solos.
I'm mainly an acoustic player and singer.

The last 2 recording were Jam recordings because after a 10 year break due to an accident, I'm working my way back. Regaining the use of my left arm and hand was a surprise after 10 years. I know I can't make up for 10 years in 6 months but I'm patient. I'll be playing my acoustic again soon. It's in the shop having some work done on it. My other guitar is a 12 string. I'm mainly a singer/songwriter.

"Mustang" was recorded for a "Fender Group" I belong to that wanted to hear a recording of a Mustang One.

Thanks for listening. I'm glad you liked it.
And thank you for your thoughts. It's good advice for all.

My wife is bugging me to get a mic stand and start singing again. I have to work on my voice as well. A procedure they did due to other injuries from the accident damaged my vocal cords. I am 12 years older now too. It's going to be an interesting year. At least I don't smoke.

Wayne,

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hey Wayne,

One of the better jam seesions I've heard. It's so joyful.

So glad you've enjoying your chops again and I personally can hardly wait to hear you singing again too.

User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Hi Josie,

Long time no see.

Thank you so much. I've been playing since the holidays and it's getting easier.
I replaced all my gear that was lost in the flood with one little amp, which is very cool.
I still have one good mic for recording. I'm still lazy that way. I record myself playing my acoustic and singing with only one mic. I think it's just my lack of patience. lol

My acoustic is being worked on a bit. Then I just need a mic stand. Oh, I guess I'll have to practice singing? Don't expect to hear the voice from those 20+ year old recordings. I'll sound ok. It's the songs that really count.

I'm so glad you took the time to listen and you liked it. I'm finally having fun playing again and that's a big step forward. Comments like yours and everyone elses mean a lot.

You take care. I'll watch for you and you watch for me.

Wayne,

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
wayne,
this is really nice. tasty guitar licks. love the tone. I'd like to hear some different changeups, tho. something different to keep the listener interested. the guitar is really really nice, but seems "the same" throughout.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,469
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195