Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
dot 5 dot 5 are you really alive, dot 5 dot 5 I need you to survive.

We could all get on the bandwagon here can't we

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Quote:

dot 5 dot 5 are you really alive, dot 5 dot 5 I need you to survive.

We could all get on the bandwagon here can't we

BIABwagon, to be specific.

Veteran
Veteran
The 4th is my birthday. Send me your cash. I'll keep it and send it back as a gift less 10 holding and 19'99 shipping. A flat $30.00 admin fee on all accounts applies. ).

John Conley
Musica est vita
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Sorry I am hording mine for the BIABwagon..

It will probably cheaper than your offering

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
top 10 progression of remakes while
waiting for the release of BIAB 2012.5
-----------------------------------------------

10)Sittin on the Dock of the Bay (wonderin' if .5 will ship today) Otis Redding

9) Kind Of A Drag (that BIAB 2012.5 isn't ready yet) Buckinghams

8) The Thrill Is Gone (from the previous version) B.IAB.King

7) BIABy I'm A Want You ('nuff said) Bread

6) In the Year 2012.5 (if man is still alive, will he have dot-5?) Zager & Evans

5) More and More (how many real tracks we need) Blood Sweat Tears

4) Celebration! (it finally shipped!) Kool and the Gang

3) Shower The People You Love With BIAB2012.5 (hint, hint) JT

2) Papa's Got A Brand New BIAB (hey, she got the hint!) James Brown

1) Fun Fun Fun (with the latest version) BeachBoys

-----------------------
standard disclaimer:
blah blah blah in the event that blah blah not responsible blah blah I'm just making this up blah blah
-----------------------

Veteran
Veteran
Good ones pat. Dave Barry would be proud.

John Conley
Musica est vita
Veteran
Veteran
Loved 'em, Pat.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Expert
Expert
Hey Notes, I am confused....how is "America, the Beautiful" a Gospel song?!

i5 3.20GHz, 32gb RAM, 1tb SSD OS, 12tb HDD, 4gb gForce vid card, 32" monitor, Audient id44, Win10 x64, BiaB/RB 2023, Reaper 6,IK Multimedia Total Studio 3.5 MAX, Waves 10
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

Hey Notes, I am confused....how is "America, the Beautiful" a Gospel song?!

It was in the book, Gospel's Greatest Fake Book. Blame Hal Leonard. I guess they felt the following lines were enough to include the song: God shed His grace on thee ... God mend thine ev'ry flaw ... May God thy gold refine.

But I agree with you, that one is questionable. There are about a half dozen songs that I thought were good songs but not really appropriate for Gospel. On the other hand there are 450 songs on the disk from the Classic Hymns that have been loved for years, to Traditional Favorite Gospel songs, to Southern Gospel, to African-American Spirituals, to Contemporary P&W songs by artists like: Dottie Rambo, Sandi Patty, Mavis Staples, Amy Grant, Carman, CeCe Winans, Andraé Crouch, Steven Curtis Chapman, Tramaine Hawkins, Michael W. Smith, Petra, Jars of Clay, Take 6, Nehemiah Brown, David Phelps, and The Gaithers.

Go to http://www.nortonmusic.com/fake30.html and look at the song list on the right hand side of the page, and you will see that almost all of them are definitely either Gospel or Contemporary Christian Music titles.

I chose America The Beautiful as the demo song because I released it a week before the 4th of July (our Independence Day) and I was feeling rather patriotic at the time.

Despite the minor flaws, it's a great book. And Leilani did a fantastic job, sometimes stretching the limits of Band-in-a-Box and getting to do things it wasn't designed to do in order to make the songs sound right.

Since I released it I've received many e-mails from happy customers telling me how much they like the disk and thanking me for compiling it.

Notes ♫

Brand new 2012.5 updates from Norton Music:
  • 2 new style disks for Band-in-a-Box
  • 2 new free (with a purchase) fancy intro/ending disks for Real Band and other DAW's
  • The Ultimate Gospel Fake Disk
  • The Real Rock Fake Disk (plenty of classic rock in this one)
  • The Beatles Fake Disk
  • And an updated Christmas Fake Disk

Hundreds of Free .sgu and .mp3 demos for the above at: http://www.nortonmusic.com

Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

top 10 progression of remakes while waiting for the release of BIAB 2012.5

You missed a few.

You're Gonna Lose That Girl (if you don't stop buying upgrades) - Bluddy Beatles

Mexico (Where you can get bootlegged copies) - JT

Panama (if Mexico runs out of bootlegged copies) - Van Halen

You Won't See Me (because I am playing with 2012.5) - Bluddy Beatles again

This Old Heart Of Mine (can't wait much longer) - Isley Brother

Don't Wanna Wait Anymore - The Tubes

I Can't Go For That (waiting for the upgrade) - Hall and that other guy

Just One Upgrade (or Victory) - Todd

Man, we could play THIS game for years!

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Quote:

Good ones pat. Dave Barry would be proud.

I consider that to be high praise coming from you John! I marvel at the masterful ways you express your thoughts when you post. Much of what you write is so cleverly constructed and the multiple meanings are so interwoven that I often have to step back and consciously unravel the hidden messages. And, Dave Barry is a favorite around here... one of the few writers who consistently makes me laugh out loud. Thanks!

Quote:

Loved 'em, Pat.

Thanks John! I dump a lot of verbal nonsense on the forum, mostly to amuse myself... it's always an unexpected treat to actually draw a response... you made my day!

Quote:

Man, we could play THIS game for years!

but I hope we don't have to

thanks for piling on, Eddie... you really have a way with words and I was hoping you'd kick in a few of your own. Good ones, too!

Veteran
Veteran
Here are the entire lyrics, most of which are never heard nor sung. The song is in the United Methodist Hymnal and sung on generally patriotic occasions. Anhyway, here it is in entirety.

America the Beautiful
Words by Katharine Lee Bates,
Melody by Samuel Ward

O beautiful for spacious skies,
For amber waves of grain,
For purple mountain majesties
Above the fruited plain!
America! America!
God shed his grace on thee
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea!

O beautiful for pilgrim feet
Whose stern impassioned stress
A thoroughfare of freedom beat
Across the wilderness!
America! America!
God mend thine every flaw,
Confirm thy soul in self-control,
Thy liberty in law!

O beautiful for heroes proved
In liberating strife.
Who more than self their country loved
And mercy more than life!
America! America!
May God thy gold refine
Till all success be nobleness
And every gain divine!

O beautiful for patriot dream
That sees beyond the years
Thine alabaster cities gleam
Undimmed by human tears!
America! America!
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea!

O beautiful for halcyon skies,
For amber waves of grain,
For purple mountain majesties
Above the enameled plain!
America! America!
Till souls wax fair as earth and air
And music-hearted sea!

O beautiful for pilgrims feet,
Whose stem impassioned stress
A thoroughfare for freedom beat
Across the wilderness!
America! America!
Till paths be wrought through
wilds of thought
By pilgrim foot and knee!

O beautiful for glory-tale
Of liberating strife
When once and twice,
for man's avail
Men lavished precious life!
America! America!
Till selfish gain no longer stain
The banner of the free!

O beautiful for patriot dream
That sees beyond the years
Thine alabaster cities gleam
Undimmed by human tears!
America! America!
Till nobler men keep once again
Thy whiter jubilee!

John

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

A
Journeyman
Journeyman
A
Questions...I run 2010.5 UltraPlusPak on an external 150gig usb drive that the program was delivered on. (64 gigs free space)

1. When 12.5 ships, can I download whatever package I decide to buy to that same external drive thereby saving whatever cost there would be in getting the new software on a new drive?

2. If yes...should I delete 2010.5 before downloading 12.5 or can I just overright the existing version?

Thanks
Jim

Veteran
Veteran
The answer is maybe. Sometimes, for the mid-year release, they offer a DVD update option. But that's generally for those going from 2012 to 2012.5 (or in the past, 2011 to 2011.5) and it just includes the files that changed. Since you'll be upgrading from 2010.5 to 2012.5, you'll need to get the whole shebang, which means they'll send you the external drive (but I believe will provide download links as well).

What I would do, however, is to call them whenever it comes out and see what they can work out for you. Maybe you can just get download links and not have to pay for the drive. However, you're still going to need close to double the total amount of storage initially, because the download links will be zip files and will need to be uncompressed. Also, you'll want somewhere to archive those zip files, so if you ever have to re-install, you can. Having only one copy of the software is never a good idea, because one crash is all it takes to wipe out everything.

John

A
Journeyman
Journeyman
A
Thanks John. Easy sell on getting it all on a new drive. I recently needed to store about 25 gigs so I called Staples and said I needed about a 30 gig drive. After the salesman got done laughing, he said the smallest they sell anymore is 500 gigs! It cost about $70.00 so I didn't even bother shopping around! (-:

RE: BIAB...at least I TRIED to be frugal which for me is totally out of character!!! (Not because I have excess money but because of excess LAZINESS!!! ) (-:

Jim

Veteran
Veteran
Jeez, nobody wished John a happy birthday. Happy Belated Birthday, John!

Best,
Tom Smith
Win10/64 • i7-8700K • 24 GB RAM
BIAB 2024 • Reaper 7 • Izotope MPS
AKG C1000S • IK iRig I/O Pro
Veteran
Veteran
Personally, I really like having the drives. They've been reliable.
One thing to consider: 2010 version needed more Realtracks to work right. *Correct me if I'm wrong on version here*

Since then the new audio engine made it possible to reduce the Realtracks needed and save quite a bit of space. When I made the change early on it went from 80+ gig of tracks to 35 gig or so. So the new Realtracks allow getting more 'stuff' on the same space.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Quote:

Jeez, nobody wished John a happy birthday. Happy Belated Birthday, John!

yeah! happy belated birthday, John!

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
An open letter to PGMUSIC derived mostly from titles of the 1970 Billboard top 100 songs
------------------------------------

Dear PGMusic,

"ALL RIGHT NOW"... "ARE YOU READY" to ship 2012.5 yet? I have shed "96 TEARS" waiting for this... and I must say, there "AINT NO MOUNTAIN HIGH ENOUGH" to keep me away from this new version. In the past I received "THE LETTER" announcing new versions... but I'm too impatient to wait for snail mail, so... "GIMME DAT DING"!! "CALL ME" and I'll "COME AND GET IT" so I can say "EVERYTHING IS BEAUTIFUL"!

But... all this ranting... "IT'S ONLY MAKE BELIEVE"... yet "I JUST CAN'T HELP BELIEVING" that "ITS A SHAME" to take this long to release what I consider to be a "BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER". I need this distraction to ease the "FIRE AND RAIN" of life's problems.

You may be thinking "GIVE ME JUST A LITTLE MORE TIME" or "I'LL BE THERE"
later "IN THE SUMMERTIME" with a rock-solid version that requires no "PATCHES"

But, please "WALK A MILE IN MY SHOES". I'm in a "TRAVELIN BAND" and I need this software now. I have "NO TIME" to spend waiting. So Here I sit, camped out in the parking lot. "MAMA TOLD ME NOT TO COME", but I replied "LOOK WHAT THEY'VE DONE TO MY SONG, MA!" They're holding over 50 new features and 101 new real tracks that might be the "VEHICLE" of my musical success!

Others are gathering here in the parking lot with me, "HITCHING A RIDE" on my protest. "WE'VE ONLY JUST BEGUN" to make our voices heard. "UNITED WE STAND".

But, having said all that, If 2012.5 ships today, it will "MAKE ME SMILE"

Sincerely,

A devoted customer.

PS, don't look behind the porta-dumpster in the parking lot. You won't like what you'll find there.

TONGUE-IN-CHEEK-O-METER
0_________________/_100

Veteran
Veteran
Pat, I feel for ya. You got a case of updateitis real bad. Believe me, I know, cause I have been there.

In the meantime, there are fixes out there to distract you. TC Helicon just released a new VLT Firmware update (free), Reaper put out an update every other week, if not more often (Free). Jamstick just finished beta testing of it new fully 64bit version (free).

Hang in their buddy.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,469
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195