Go To
#16600 03/09/09 05:54 PM
Off-Topic
botma Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
John,

Go here. http://www.hetman.com/products.html for good oil...

Joe Hetman (owner) plays in the Imperial band. I have a link below to it.

Did not want to post on the Biab page this being off topic.

Last edited by botma; 03/09/09 06:14 PM.
botma #16601 03/09/09 09:31 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Boy, is this off topic. However, I use Hetman oil and I like it. There are several grades; Classic works very well on my old Bach trumpets, and Light works well on new horns.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Matt Finley #16602 03/10/09 03:40 AM
Off-Topic
botma Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
I don't see the link to my web site. Wonder what happened to it. Anyway here it is www.theimperialmusiccenter.com I did edit my post. That may be why.

Harold Buckelew WB2CGG Visit my Web Site www.theimperialmusiccenter.com HP Pavilion a6110n PC. BIAB 2011. In God We Trust
botma #16603 03/10/09 07:38 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Tell Joe I bought mine at Dillon's.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Matt Finley #16604 03/11/09 04:01 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks.

Someone here (London Ontario) got the idea to start up a Jazz Society. They meet once a month at the Shriner's big upstairs hall (well big to us, it holds 300). You buy a membership and they bring in new and old talent. Peter Appleyard played there recently and lots of good musicians are in and out. Some displays and they usually sell out.

I've been thinking and trying to get the brass players to do the same. Takes some more work than I want to put in to run the thing, but I am hoping to find someone with enough ambition to rise to the occasion. One reason is that if my Shriners Drum and Bugle band sponsers it we get the hall for $50. The Jazz Society runs Sunday afternoon. I know the 'mericians watch football for 8 months of the year on Sundays, and across the pond they are glued to the footy, but in Canada Sunday afternoon is for having a nap cause you can't find anything to do unless you want to ice skate in the park or up yer Rideau, or down yer Don.

See, then I could import horn oil and sell it at a booth and do like the oil companies who put the same oil in 10 different cans and sell it at more money for the fancy names. When I was a kid we toured Shell, and they had just run their low no name brand through and the next can was Castrol. The pause was about 3 seconds. When I asked they said it's like the gasoline, all the same thing, it's in the advertising. LOL.

By the way the horn in question was flushed, cleaned, and tuned up before we got it, and because at he Plumbing Factory Brass Band my wife plays it she gets lots of attention. My horn could freeze up and calf and no one would lift a finger, but if my wife has any small problem there are about 20 guys over helping her. I should be blonde and 40ish, instead of 60 and half dead.

John Conley
Musica est vita
John Conley #16605 03/11/09 05:44 AM
Off-Topic
botma Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Great idea John,

I mean about being blond and 40. My grandaughter is in the school band. I bought her a Yamaha Trumpet new. She came home from school one day and you could not get a sound from two of the values. I took it with me to the Imperial practice to see if one of the Trumpet players could help. They said see Joe Hetman. He will be here shortly. I met Joe and he took the valves out and showed me the problem right away. Two valves were in wrong. He showed me how to line up the valve at 9 o' clock to insert it and also they have a number on them.

He said the valves are too tight. He took the Trumpet home and lapped the valves. He brought it back that week and said, good news and bad news. The valves are ok now but you have a leak. He took me into the kitchen and filled the tube with water. I don't know anything about a Trumpet but that little u shaped tube he poured water into and then inserted that tube. As he did the water being under pressure you could now see the leak. Inside you could see a bad solder joint.

He gave me his oil and would not take anything for all his time. I took the Trumpet to where I bought it and had to leave it there. They called me and said there is no leak. I went back the next day. I showed them what Joe did. They took the Trumpet into the shop and I had to wait. They came out and said, You are getting a new Trumpet. I walked out with a brand new one. Also they learned how to better check for leaks. He told me they filled the Trumpet with water and found no leak. But the way Joe did it, it was under pressure and showed up like a sore thumb. Thanks to Joe we found that leak. Members there tell me he used to make Trumpets. Matt, I'll see him tonight at practic and tell him about Dillon's.

Harold Buckelew WB2CGG Visit my Web Site www.theimperialmusiccenter.com HP Pavilion a6110n PC. BIAB 2011. In God We Trust
botma #16606 03/11/09 08:55 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Cool, Harold. Tell Joe thanks, he's got great stuff, especially the Classic.

About putting the valves in wrong, there is no pattern among manufacturers. Most horns have the numbers on the valve facing the mouthpiece, but if you count on this, you'll get it wrong with some other horns. I have both types. Not only that, but the worst is my piccolo trumpet, where the numbers on the first three valves face forward and on the fourth valve face backward! This is the sort of thing that causes errors when you need to re-oil in a hurry on the job. Standardization would have been nice.

Matt Finley #16607 03/11/09 09:25 AM
Off-Topic
botma Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
The reason I put a plug in for him here is he is a great guy that will go out of his way to help you. he did not help me to sell his oil. He gave me his oil. Good to know about the valves and thanks Matt. The way he told me having the number face 9 o'clock and then insert it straight down then turn clockwise untill you feel it stop, then lock the nut works everytime for me. I play guitar and only have to know how to maintain a Trumpet to help my 10 year old grandughter but she is coming along and can do the oil herself now.

botma #16608 03/11/09 09:39 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Yes, for Bach & Yamaha and most horns, 9 o'clock is correct, assuming of course that you hold the horn with the bell underneath and the mouthpiece to your left...

If you take out a valve and look into the casing, you will see two notches for valve guides. One will always be wider than the other. Match the notches with the width of the brass or plastic protruding guides on the valve, and you can't go wrong.

Matt Finley #16609 03/11/09 12:36 PM
Off-Topic
botma Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Got It! Every little bit helps. Hope lots are learning from here. Thanks for the info.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,461
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
MIX-I-MUSIX 2.0, Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz
38,441 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195