You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#167397 - 07/28/12 09:48 PM [User Showcase] New Country Ballad "Flickering Flame" Matt this is the one....
Loc: 80 Mi North of Sacramento CA
seeker Offline
Veteran

Had a lot of trouble getting the layout setup right in BIAB,
part my fault, built an intro, then did import with overwrite.
Still had some problems with this, but ironed it out.
Figured out some work-arounds.

Simple music created with Melodist and soloist, so many passes to
get what I wanted.
Nice dance or easy listening intentions.

http://mp3cloud.mobi/FlickeringFlame.mp3

****** Song Summary *************
Title: FlickeringFlame
Key=E , Tempo 95, Length (m:s)=4:20

Melody harmony is Octaves
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Song is saved with bar changes for Tempo , Key Signature, Styles,Volume Changes,
Soloist is saved with the song : Fiddle, Soloist George Ev 85 (624)
Style is _CBALAD2.STY (Country Bal w PedSteel (85 RS))

RealTracks in style: ~518:Bass, Electric, Pop HalfNotes Ev 085
RealTracks in style: ~365:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 085
RealTracks in style: ~362:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Ev 085
RealTracks in style: ~363:Pedal Steel, Background Ev 085
RealDrums in style: NashvilleEven8^6-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, HiHat Open
RealBand setups.
Used in this order

PG Dynamics gain of 2 otherwise default setting.
Sonitus: fx Muliband using Normal Master Medium preset
Mstereo expander
K-meter

Audacity for fade-in/out and clipped off tails both ends.
Also exported in stereo versus Joint stereo.

Still, have many miles to go, but this was challenging to nail it down.

Edited by seeker (07/28/12 09:49 PM)

Down The Street vs2015 12-03-2014
Win7, AMD QuadA8-5500,16GB,2TeraHD, Komplete 10
PG Ultra Plus 2016,Alesis 12USB, Sonar Platinum

#167398 - 07/28/12 10:39 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Country Ballad "Flickering Flame" Matt this is the one.... [Re: seeker]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi Frank,

Congratulations on a fine effort.

From what I heard, it seems to me that you're really starting to get a handle on all this stuff. Personally, I find mixing the final product the most challenging aspect of putting something together. I keep on practising and practising and seems to be getting easier. I've still got a long way to go, though.

I'm looking forward to hearing your next one, now.

All the best,
Noel

#167399 - 07/28/12 10:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Country Ballad "Flickering Flame" Matt this is the one.... [Re: Noel96]
seeker Offline
Veteran

Noel,

Thanks, especially coming from a pro....

The tools PG gives us are amazing. RealBand is a "Real" sleeper.
Once over a few bumps, then off we go.
The guidance, links for free Plugins, and other support software
from you folks has been just as important as the PG software itself.

Listening to you folks music and results have helped immensely.

Still a grasshoper, not a master, but with great set of speakers,
my ATH-M40fs headphones off to the races. Well guess its not a race.

Will try something bit more lively, actually have quite a few songs
sitting on back burner.

Trying to get together set of nice dancing music for another CD.

Again thank you Noel!

#167400 - 07/28/12 10:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Country Ballad "Flickering Flame" Matt this is the one.... [Re: Noel96]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Hey Frank,

Really pretty! I enjoyed it very much.

#167401 - 07/28/12 11:41 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Country Ballad "Flickering Flame" Matt this is the one.... [Re: Sundance]
Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Rob4580 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Yes I agree with Sundance.

This is really pretty.
Well produced.

Congrats.

#167402 - 07/29/12 01:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Country Ballad "Flickering Flame" Matt this is the one.... [Re: Rob4580]
jptjptjpt Offline
Journeyman

Nice job. It reminds me of those instrumentals from the 60's. Is that you on keys? Very nice. Great use of BIAB too.

#167403 - 07/29/12 10:07 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Country Ballad "Flickering Flame" Matt this is the one.... [Re: jptjptjpt]
seeker Offline
Veteran

Josie, glad you enjoyed, thank you.

Rob, still workin on it, a never ending story with these music tools
we have, Thanks.

jptjptjpt, Ya on the time frame, not intentional, that time frame, but
with my age it fits. I do play keyboards, but this time it was
BIAB. Thanks!

#167404 - 07/29/12 07:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Country Ballad "Flickering Flame" Matt this is the one.... [Re: seeker]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Frank, based on this one you are no longer a grasshopper!

Excellent job all the way around. Super nice mix. I thoroughly enjoyed this one up until the ending. That should be changed as the bass sounds like it didn’t know when to stop.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#167405 - 07/29/12 08:56 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Country Ballad "Flickering Flame" Matt this is the one.... [Re: MarioD]
seeker Offline
Veteran

Mario,

Thanks a the generous compliments.

I sorta liked the ending, but after you comment, it really doesn't
fit the song. Will Nip that off, maybe kick up the other instruments a little bit
the fade nicely.

Again thanks for you all, you've helped me get this far.

FIXED THE TAIL END.....

Edited by seeker (07/29/12 11:27 PM)

PG Music News
The Guitar & Piano Chord Dictionary Programs

Happy National Dictionary Day!*

Head to our Other Windows Software page to find programs like PowerTracks, GuitarStar: Brent Mason Country, Video Guitar Lessons, and more!

Scroll down and you'll find our Guitar Chord Dictionary & Piano Chord Dictionary programs. Each Chord Dictionary allows you to choose a root note to select the chord you want to learn, and it will be displayed on-screen with either the piano keyboard or the guitar fretboard!

In the Guitar Chord Dictionary & Piano Chord Dictionary you can change the sounds within the Settings window, whether it be the Root note or the Chord, and it doesn't even have to be a guitar or piano! Looking through the options, there's various piano choices, guitar choices, organ, etc. - but you can also choose more unique sounds like the tuba, saxophone, trumpet, clarinet, and more!

*October 16th

Band-in-a-Box® Video Testimonial by C. Dan Roberts

Our latest Video Testimonial comes from C. Dan Roberts, and his enthusiasm for Band-in-a-Box® is inspiring!

Watch the video...

Do you have a video testimonial that you would like to share? Contact us at marketing@pgmusic.com.

Visit C. Dan Roberts testimonial page here.

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box®

Today* is National Train Your Brain Day!

You can definitely do that with Band-in-a-Box®

Open your Band-in-a-Box® program, and you'll find the [Practice] button in the toolbar - it's a GREAT resource!
Minimized your toolbar? Head to Window | Practice Window or ALT SHIFT L to access.

In this window, you'll find many options to help you practice, including Ear Training games (Pitch Invasion is my favorite!), access to the Chord Builder and Chord Subs, some helpful tools within the Playalong Features menu (like Trade 4s, woodshed tempo, etc.), and more!

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box® today!

Resources:
Windows Online Manual: Practice Window
Mac Online Manual: Tools, Wizards, Tutors, and Fun

*October 13

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Updates for Windows & Mac!

We've just released FREE Updates for both Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows & Mac program users!

With the latest update for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows, you can now choose the "Save Exact Chord Text" checkbox to the Save XML dialog, there are VST feature updates, Audio Chord Wizard enhancements, updated program messages, we've applied fixes to an assortment of user-reported issues, and the DAW Plugin 2.12.15 Update has been added too!

Review the complete list of updates for build 734 and download it here.

The newest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac update also includes VST feature updates, as well as RealTracks & RealDrums Picker enhancements, smoother 'tabbing' between dialog windows, and additional fixes applied to an assortment of user-reported issues. If you missed adding the DAW Plugin 2.12.15 update from September, it will be added with this update too!

Review the complete list of updates for build 420 and download it here.

Video - How to Transpose a Region of a Band-in-a-Box® Song

Want to learn how to transpose just one chorus of your Band-in-a-Box® song?

Check out our latest video, shared to the I want a video that shows me how to... forum: https://youtu.be/XiMrgtQ7u14

Band-in-a-Box® - What People Are Saying...

Wow, check out the latest feedback from Band-in-a-Box® users!

"I have one song I've been torturing over to get the sound right for quite some time and I merely keyed in the chords and what BB generated is awesome. Just what I hoped that song would sound like. What had taken me months to get right (and couldn't), the program could do in about an hour - AMAZING!"

"Great Ear Training Exercises! And I love that that you can set the tempo to whatever you choose. It's great for learning a tune!"

"A very good and easy to use musical program!"

"It's amazingly easy to use! Write a song? No problem! Add background sound track to a video? No problem! Put notes on a staff and have BB make up a chord progression and tell what key you are in? No problem! Start with a chord progression and have BB make a melody line? No problem!"

"Still the best practice tool I have found, great for running lines, improvising over and really helpful for working on song writing ideas as well! Good for beginners, and the more musical skill and knowledge you have the more you will get out of the software."

"I create demo songs with Band-in-a-Box, it helps me to get my ideas across to my engineer!"

"Been using Band-in-a-Box for years. Outstanding product from a great company!"

"It's like buying a Musical History Jukebox. It comes with probably 3000 styles and is like hiring session musicians to play rhythm with you, they even have soloists! It introduces you to so many types of rhythms that you other wise would know nothing about. "

"Paul McCartney said you gotta have a great band behind you. Well, Band-in-a-Box is my band."

"It's as easy as typing in the chords, choosing your style, instruments, etc., and off you go! Learning the tune? You can slow it down while you work on it then speed it up. My favorite analogy is a good chess program, which will play at your speed and level and is eternally patient!"

"I love my Band in a box, it does so much! Besides all the RealTracks and song ideas, it's a great tool to stay sharp with your licks. Social distancing got you down? Can't jam with friends? Pick out any song and go to the mixer button, there you can mute any instrument that's playing so you can jump right in and play along!"

"I love it. I'm a drummer, and Band-in-a-Box really keeps me on my toes!"

"The DAW plugin is really great. Trust me on this. I use it with Studio One.

"This is how I've been able to gig solo for the past 20 years. Band-in-a-Box is the great equalizer for us none rhythm players."

"Wouldn't want to be without it! One of the best things I bought in my life. Simple as that."

"As a songwriter I really love to work with Band-in-a-Box. The only limitation is your own creativity."

"I've used Band-in-a-Box for 25 years and thanks to this program and the advice of PG Music staff I've written over 100 songs. It's great software and amazing help to me as a musician. CONGRATS!!!"

Thank you for all the amazing feedback!

Band-in-a-Box® - A Teaching Tool!

Did you know that we offer Band-in-a-Box® LabPAK and Site License purchase options for schools? This is an ideal option for any educational institution looking to add Band-in-a-Box® to their curriculum.

Learn more about the LabPAK purchase options here: Windows | Mac.

How would a teacher use Band-in-a-Box® in a school setting?

A few ideas:
-practice sight reading with the students by following the on-screen notation
-display the Guitar Fretboard or Big Piano Window to watch the notes being played
-Trading fours! (etc.)
-generate a song for accompaniment during practice sessions
-create a practice song and save it as an audio file to send home with the student for additional practice!

...and more!

Wondering how to add a Band-in-a-Box LabPAK to your school? Feel free to contact us directly with any questions you might have! Click here to send us an email.

Forum Stats
33032 Members
68 Forums
66530 Topics
565716 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
apollo_synth, ademtrottrid, sally908, Howard B, Jerome Hubbard

33032 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
CaptainMoto 167
Al-David 138