Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Off-Topic
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
My wife and I are finally taking one of those 'once-in-a-lifetime' trips. After much deliberation, we decided to go to Ireland. We'll be there for about 9 days during the first week of September. Our plan is to tour around the country and we'll be using a local guide we've hired. The country is about the size of Indiana, so we should be able to cover a lot of ground in this amount of time. Of course, we're both really excited and, in particular, I'll be looking for local pubs with live traditional music in the evenings.

Do we have any Forum members in Ireland? Any recommendations from others who have visited there?

Living in The Music City
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
my recommendation is that you take me along.

(hey, it was worth a try)

Off-Topic
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Pat,

If there's is any semblance of a REMOTE possibility of you coming along, you would have to accompany my wife, as I know she is going either with or without me.

Living in The Music City
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

Pat,

If there's is any semblance of a REMOTE possibility of you coming along, you would have to accompany my wife, as I know she is going either with or without me.

I take it she hopes to catch a U2 concert while she's there...?

Off-Topic
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
good catch!

Not sure if they'll be around or not, but we did find out AFTER making our travel arrangements that Notre Dame (the Fighting Irish) is opening up their college football season with a game against the Naval Academy the day we arrive in Dublin. In other words, the city will be occupied with tens of thousands of crazed football fans while we try to experience local Irish culture.

Doh!

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
This is not much help but it's a pity you are not going until late October as Kinsale in County Cork has a Jazz and Blues Festival
Kinsale Jazz and Blues Festival Played there many times a decade or so ago.

Go there anyway if you can as it is a beautiful place. I can recommend the fish and chips in almost any restaurant, of which there are many.Oh yeh and great beers
It's a quaint little town and is on the southeast-ish coast of Ireland.

My advice would be, if you had more time to hire a car, get a map, not Sat Nav, and drive round as I did 30+ years ago and so found this country pub/hotel/bar in South Western Ireland. The doors were open so me and the wife strolled in and ordered drinks. The Landlord said he couldn't serve for 30 minutes but we could take a seat and wait, which we did. As we got the maps out he came over and asked us if we wanted a drink while we waited. He found us somwewhere to stay that night as we all got too drunk to even breathe! and I went everywhere in those days with my 12 string! What a night!
I live in south Wales.

Enjoy your trip.

Alyn

Off-Topic
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Thanks, Alyn.

Yes - too bad I can't change the dates of my trip. Sounds like you experienced quite a night to remember. I'm hopeful we'll have similar experiences, although I'm not quite the drinker I was in the old days....the Fish and Chips, on the other hand - yum!

Living in The Music City
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I’ve never been to Ireland but I’ve always wanted to go.

My guitar case has been there though! A friend went to Ireland and gigged his way around the country. He bought a heavy duty Mark Leaf case before the trip, but when he got back he was broke so I bought the case from him for about half of what he paid for it.

http://www.elderly.com/vintage/items/138U-645.htm

Have fun.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Mike, I'm Kelly Green with shamrock green trim with envy. I am 3 generations removed from the "ole sod" but I feel Oyrish blood coursing through me wee veins. I have given up all hope of ever setting foot on me wee motherland so you'll have to enjoy it for me.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I've been to the UK and Europe, Central and South America.

But Scotland and England...

The roads are cute. For the first hundred yards. Every few miles the road is straight. Just for fun. About a football field long. See the drunk horse riders made a trail, and then they made it wider for a cart, then for a carriage, then an auto. But some places they can't make it wider because of chickens or thatched houses. So it goes. A 60 mile jaunt is a journey. A wee ways is a day.

In Scotland even on highways the sign would say, "Oncoming traffic in the middle of the road." Now that might be a lorry. (Truck) Nice.

The roads are so crooked you can't see the scenery. (Especially in England / Scotland /Whales.)

They should have road signs that say Straight Road for 200 yards. They don't need many.

I'm sure some roads go right thru the taverns.

Just a fair warning. And cobblestones.!

I have Ireland on next year's agenda. I just gotta be around for it.

And Don want's his foot amputated. Take it with you. He might have no use for it anyways.

You can have my ears. They are gone. But my eyes still work at distances from 2 feet to 4 feet. Less than 2 feet and I need big glasses. Over 4 feet and I need big glasses but don't wear them.

I have some Irish friends in Dublin, but won't tell you their names. Your wallet wouldn't be safe.

Don't encourage an Irishman by looking at him. You'll end up with a new best friend who uses your money, mostly on beer. Bad idea. Be very polite.

John Conley
Musica est vita
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Other JC, I was stationed in Germany for over 5 years and marveled at the fact that many of the buildings bore cornerstones predating Columbus.

Off-Topic
B
Apprentice
Apprentice
B
I don't have time tonight but I'll write more tomorrow. I'm Irish so I'll give you a few hints

Off-Topic
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
awesome, bupper - thanks!

Living in The Music City
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I have advice. Drink a low cal, packed with good vitamins and other neat things, all in ensuring you don't get to bad water kind of drink. Guinness! Just a pint or two with a Jameisons to top it off. Good Luck.

Are ye headed to the north side?

John Conley
Musica est vita
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Donegal, Mike you gotta visit it, my home county, its in north of ireland one of the 9 counties of Ulster, great scenery

A few scenes in this little song I did a year or so ago, plenty more on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI7kx3epFlg

Kerry is also great, if you want great scenery visit the costal counties such as Donegal or kerry, the giants causway in Co Antrim another fine scene to visit.

If driving, if you have the time go over the Mamore Gap in Inishowen Co Donegal.

Hope you enjoy your visit though be warned we have plenty of rain!

Musiclover

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
Off-Topic
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
I don't think we're going to be on the north side, or the west. From Dublin, we are headed south and spending much of our time in County Killarney and County Kilkenny.
We're going to tour the Dingle peninsula, Cliffs of Moher, The Burren, Doolin Village and wind up back in Dublin. Now, those places should stimulate some new song ideas!

I'll have some strong antibiotics on hand in case there is any difficulty with adjusting to the change in food or water. Thanks for the tips!

Musiclover - love your song 'Donegal Girl'..

Living in The Music City
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Good choices Mike, the food will be fine no worries there, its just if a person suffers from chest infections (like I do) the wet damp weather can get to you, but then who knows we even get surprises here, weather might be great.

Hope you have a good enjoyable stay

musiclover

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
Off-Topic
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Quote:

Musiclover - love your song 'Donegal Girl'..

Ditto.

Don S.

Off-Topic
B
Apprentice
Apprentice
B
@ Mandolin Mike, I'm from County Kerry (of which Killarney is part of, there is no county killarney). Still busy but have nearly finished so will write tomorrow

Off-Topic
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
bupper - yes, County Kerry. A good bit of our time will be spent in Killarney and taking day trips to see other places..i look forward to your input!

Living in The Music City
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,447
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195