You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#176631 - 10/17/12 04:17 PM [User Showcase] Latest song - "You Got Me Again!"
Loc: Charlotte, NC
Tano Music Offline
Expert

I'm unsure about the ending on this...should I have just faded it out? Interested in comments..
http://soundcloud.com/tanomusic/you-got-me-again

Basic Style=L_BEGUINE (Includes RT piano and guitar)
Added RT vibe
Added RD..BossaRockBrushes at Chorus

Lyric:
"You Got Me Again"

Last night I awoke from a crazy dream
Runnin' after a ghost in the night
Then out of the fog sang a voice supreme
Told me, "Stop and return!" -- I couldn't fight.

That's when I knew there was no way
No way to escape what was meant to be

When you flashed that smile,
You got me again.
When you said you loved me ,
You got me again.
WHen you asked to hold me,
You got me again.
No matter how I try to wander away from we two
You keep pursuing,
You got me again.
------------------------------------------------
Tonight in my dreams it seems I can't make the grade
I'm way outa my league, swimming too deep
Out of panic I jump looking to make my break
But I'm frozen in place by chains in my sleep

That's how there is no way
No way to escape what was meant for me

When you flashed that smile,
You got me again.
When you said you loved me ,
You got me again.
WHen you asked to hold me,
You got me again.
No matter how I try to wander away from we two
You keep pursuing,
You got me again.

#176632 - 10/17/12 04:34 PM [User Showcase] Re: Latest song - "You Got Me Again!" [Re: Tano Music]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Sorry if I come off excessively critical here...

I like the vibe of the song, and the chorus.

The lyric on the verses doesn't really work for me. There doesn't seem to be a strong connection between the verses and the chorus.

I like what you're doing on the verses to your vocals. But I don't think the effects that you've got on the chorus - it sounds like you're in a garage, and doesn't flatter your voice at all.

As for the ending, I like the piano fill up to 4:12. I think you could do without the final drum fill and strings, and just end with the rolled piano chord.

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#176633 - 10/17/12 06:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: Latest song - "You Got Me Again!" [Re: dcuny]
Tano Music Offline
Expert

No, not at all! Thanks for the good feedback

#176634 - 10/17/12 11:11 PM [User Showcase] Re: Latest song - "You Got Me Again!" [Re: Tano Music]
Loc: Pensacola, Florida
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
Hi, Tano -

I really enjoyed this. The beginning of it kind of reminded me (in a weird way, stylistically, of Herb Alpert's "Without Her".

The only critique, I have is that when you sing "again", as in "You got me again", you cut the word "again" off pretty quickly. I would hold it out a little longer and make it more reflective sounding.

Just my $0.02 worth, which you can accept or reject.

I greatly enjoyed the song, however.

LaptopBeast HP Win10Pro64 8GB
AudioBeast ASUS Win10Pro64 16GB
VideoBeast HP Win10Pro64 8GB

BB-RB2020/UMC404HD/Casio Kbds/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NIKomplete/Halion/Garritan/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com

#176635 - 10/18/12 10:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: Latest song - "You Got Me Again!" [Re: jford]
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
I like the laid back feeling of the song.
I don't mind the vocal effects.
The ending is just a matter of taste. Musically it's ok. Typical BIAB ending.
Guenter

#176636 - 10/20/12 04:59 AM [User Showcase] Re: Latest song - "You Got Me Again!" [Re: boehm]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi Tano,

That laid-back Latin flavor to the music is excellent. It suits the melody very well. I enjoyed the listen.

All the best,
Noel

#176637 - 10/20/12 11:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: Latest song - "You Got Me Again!" [Re: Noel96]
Loc: 80 Mi North of Sacramento CA
seeker Offline
Veteran

Loc: 80 Mi North of Sacramento CA
Ditto + on the laid back feeling of the song.
Your lyrics tells the story nicely.
The vocal style matches this song style.

Down The Street vs2015 12-03-2014
Win7, AMD QuadA8-5500,16GB,2TeraHD, Komplete 10
PG Ultra Plus 2016,Alesis 12USB, Sonar Platinum

#176638 - 10/21/12 01:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: Latest song - "You Got Me Again!" [Re: seeker]
jptjptjpt Offline
Journeyman

I think the laid back vibe is cool. It has the same feel as "Georgie Girl". That same time frame. I like it.

#176639 - 10/23/12 03:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: Latest song - "You Got Me Again!" [Re: jptjptjpt]
Loc: Maryland
SpaceDog Offline
Expert

Loc: Maryland
Tano,
I like the Beguine style and vibes. The vocal effects are interesting and add a mysterious sound to the mix. It's good to experiment. Keep think out of the box.
SD

#176640 - 10/29/12 08:24 PM [User Showcase] Re: Latest song - "You Got Me Again!" [Re: SpaceDog]
Loc: Massachusetts
BruceI Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Massachusetts
Good feeling song and nice instrumentals. The vocal effects are not bad in themselves (mysterious or exotic feeling), but could be adjusted to make the vocal "sit in the mix" better. This is easier said than done and I am just trying to learn myself how to hear what needs to be done as I watch my producer friend magically adjust things so that my voice finally sounds like it's part of the band. Of course it's not magic but it involves EQ, compression, reverb, and often some delay as well. That's the main thing that sticks out about this recording - that the vocals sounds like they were recorded somewhere else from the instruments.

Thanks for sharing,
Bruce

#176641 - 10/29/12 09:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: Latest song - "You Got Me Again!" [Re: Tano Music]
Loc: Los Angeles, CA.
Brallan Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Los Angeles, CA.
Am I the only one that hears Michael Franks in your work?

I like this a lot, as I like all your postings. I would agree with Dave Cuny, the FX on the vocals might be reconsidered. I just listened to Michael Franks, "The Lady Wants to Know," to be specific. Pretty nice FX, voice up front, with doubled voice on the chorus. The vibe and the tune is very similar to yours -- you may want to listen -- try Pandora.

#176642 - 10/30/12 05:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: Latest song - "You Got Me Again!" [Re: Brallan]
Loc: Bristol, UK
enjfb Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Bristol, UK
Hi Tano,
i enjoyed your song - very good lyrics and nice arrangement with a Latin feel. Good vocal - not sure about the vocal effects. Very well done

Best Regards
Jim

PG Music News
Video Tutorial - Installing Build Updates to Band-in-a-Box® for Mac

We offer free Band-in-a-Box® patch updates throughout the year to enhance existing features and resolve any user-reported bugs.

If you're wanting to see how easy it is to update your installation of Band-in-a-Box® for Mac with one of these free updates, check out our video: Click here to watch it now.

Tips & Tricks - Entering Held Chords in Band-in-a-Box®

Ask a question here on our Forums, and you'll definitely get some helpful answers quickly!

Like this recent post, asking how to "end a bar with a slight tail off or fade" and then resume to the verse... within an hour there was a detailed and accurate response!

We love our helpful forum, packed with enthusiastic & experienced program users - it's such a great resource!

Find Your Style with the Song Titles Browser in Band-in-a-Box® 2020!

Looking for that perfect Style to start your Band-in-a-Box® project with? Don't overlook The Song Titles Browser in Band-in-a-Box®! We update this feature frequently, which allows you to search for a Style that matches a popular song based on title/artist when you type in your criteria within the StylePicker Window.

See this feature in action when you jump to the topic within our 2020 New Features video:
for Windows: 42:37
for Mac: 43:12

Didn't find the song you were searching for? Post your title request to our Wishlist forum: Songs to add to Band-in-a-Box® Titles database and alert our team to work on adding it with the next update - we think that the 3,400 new titles added with Version 2020 is proof that we're paying attention!

Rock Dojo... Top 5 Reasons Why Band-in-a-Box® Rocks!

Check out this nice review from Rock Dojo, Top Five Reasons Why Band-in-a-Box® Rocks!.

Brian, the founder of Rock Dojo, is a Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac user, and couldn't be happier with the program.

It doesn't matter whether you're a guitar teacher or a student guitarist, Band-in-a-Box (BIAB) is must-have software to take your teaching practice or your playing to the next level!
-Brian Parham

Thanks for the great feedback Brian!

Band-in-a-Box® Delivery Explained...

When you order your copy of Band-in-a-Box® for Windows or Mac directly from PG Music Inc., you can choose to download your order, ship your order, or BOTH!

Having your Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK shipped? Choose between DVD installation or flash drive installation during the checkout process. Purchasing the UltraPAK or UltraPAK+? These ship pre-installed on a USB 3.0 hard drive!

Don't forget, just because you're order is shipping doesn't mean you can't download it while you wait - you can locate your online order records in your pgmusic.com account, within the "My Products" section.

Update Your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac to the latest build 419 to correct any improper messages for Natural Arrangements, apply VST setting improvements, experience faster customized RealTracks and RealDrums Pickers, and fix a few other user-reported issues within the program.

You'll also receive the latest DAW Plugin version 2.12.15 update, with more than 30 additions and updates, including additional options within context menus, the ability to loop a set of bars by highlighting them, and more!

Learn more about this FREE update and download it here.

Let's Hear Your Band-in-a-Box® Songs!

Working on your first song in Band-in-a-Box®? Or maybe you've built up a great collection of songs... Make sure to share them to the User Showcase Forum where other program users post their original songs too! Receive feedback, build your audience, and connect with other enthusiastic program users - you'll be happy you did!

While you're there, make sure to listen to some of the other great songs posted!

Forum Stats
32905 Members
68 Forums
66265 Topics
563046 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Kevin H, gavonutube, DougB, Jamalud, mtu1250

32904 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
eddie1261 164
VideoTrack 153