Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
#180914 11/26/12 06:01 PM
User Showcase
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Breaking up is hard to do so here's another breakup song Another Breakup Cliche.

http://soundcloud.com/austin51/another-breakup-cliche [url=http://soundcloud.com/austin51/another-breakup-cliche]

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
You're very special. This reminds me of a lost or not yet published Beatles song.
I love the aahhs and oohs and the song in full.
After posting this I'm going to listen again.

Guenter

p.s. would be nice to know what RealTracks you used.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Excellent! Really enjoyed this.

Bob

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
What a superb job. I particularly liked the verse chord sequence.
I agree with Guenter, I can hear Beatles influences; just needs the over-compressed drums, ADT on the vocals and a touch of Mellotron!
Well done, a cool track.

John

Songs web site
YouTube Channel
BIAB 2019
Cakewalk by BandLab
Studio One 4
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
austin51 - gotta agree whole heartedly with everything that's been said... quite Bealtesque (in a very cool way). The oohs and aahs and other background voices are superb. Did you sing all that yourself?

The instrumentation (choice of tracks) is very nice. You got a very full sound with (it seems) a very small number of tracks. The piano/pedal steel was an inspired choice. the mix of the instrumnets is perfect.

Like Guenter, I would love to see you post the list of RealTracks you used.

And...keep 'em coming.

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Very nice mix of instruments and vocals. I would have liked some more "variation" as the song moves along, though. It is a well done tune.

Now at bandcamp: Crows Say Vee-Eh @ bandcamp or soundcloud: Kevin @ soundcloud
User Showcase
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Thanks very much for all of the very uplifting comments.

Some details about RealTracks, etc. used on this song.

A Slow Boso style inspired this song (oddly enough). I changed it up quite a bit of course.

Bass: Elect Country 366 (Has a nice Paul McCartney feel)

Drums: Nash Pop Ballad 06

Piano: Acoustic Pop Promise 1690

Guitar: Acoustic Fingerpicking 364

Acoustic Strumming 368

Pedal Steel Background 369

I do all vocals. I transfer the RealTracks from BIAB to an older version of Cakewalk Sonar.
I do all processing, etc. in Sonar and I have an old cheap Behringer condenser mic. Not the best setup but lots of fun.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Good stuff . . . I am on my second listen.

I really like this tune, and very well produced and performed as well.

Later,

Edited portion: I would love to have those Ooooo and Ahhhhhh's as a real track one day.

Last edited by Danny C.; 11/27/12 03:25 PM.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
the bit from What a thing to do, what a thing to say and the backing vocals really grabs my attention.
Really enjoyed that song, I look forward to more.
Those oohs and aahs are from George Martin's book, excellent!

Alyn

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I agree it sounds very much like the beatles. Very laid back. I also like the backing vocals.

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
https://lyriclab.net
Play-along with songs you know and love, download SGU files
https://playiit.com/
User Showcase
ROG Offline
Veteran
Veteran
The choice of title was inspired - it says everything, even before you hear the track.

I thought the track was cool, though I agree with Kevin that a bit more variation in the backing would have been nice. Having said that, it's such a good song, nice chord sequence and excellent vocals and BVs.

Really enjoyed it, thanks.

ROG.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nice Beatle influence. Cool harmonies. For me, and this is purely subjective, I would've liked the lead vocal with a touch more reverb or delay - it was just a little bit dry to me for this style song. But that's jmho.

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Very cool! Love the Oooo's & Aaahhh's. A fine mix too, though I do agree with Josie that the lead vocal could be a little wetter.

Nice Job!

Greg

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
cool concept for a song... and well-executed too! Nice job!

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Very cool song! I liked how you started out on the dim or m7m5 chord, then slid down to the nice major chord. Also, as others have mentioned, good lyric idea....some really find lines "burn it to the ground"..that was nice. Can you post the full lyric? I found myself listening more to the lovely arrangement than really studying the lyrics. Looking forward to hearing more of your work!

User Showcase
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Thanks so much to all of the additional folks that commented on ABC. Very appreciated. Well well, I had attempted to post the lyrics with the track on Soundcloud, but I am only a simple-minded caveman songwriter and all of this technology baffles me. So Tano Music here's the words.

Another Breakup Cliché

It feels like a dull knife plunged into my heart
Your words did their damage without being sharp
It wasn’t meant to be – it’s not you it’s me – let’s keep in touch
What a thing to do what a thing to say
Make a fool out of love like it never happened anyway
Is that all we meant to you another breakup cliché

My friends saw through the fog I guess love is blind
In the end for revenge you had to be unkind
In a different way I'll love you always – we can still be friends
Make a fool out of me does it help to throw it all away
Is that all we meant to you another break up cliché

Burn it to the ground (Love goes up in flames)
Leave no bridge to cross (Nothing of it remains)
You’ve moved on in your mind
You don’t mourn the loss

Make a fool out of love like it never happened anyway
Is that all we meant to you another breakup cliché
Is that all we were to you another breakup cliché

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,446
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195