Print Thread
Go To
User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
This is a song that I wrote about and Ex Girlfriend

You Should Have Been Mine[/B}

Music is an expression that is a universal language, Never criticize anybody to harshly. They need time to grow but when they do, they do. Always be kind in what you say and do because the man upstairs is watching.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Robert,

It's not often that the AAA song form is used these days. It suits this song wonderfully well and I found it very refreshing to listen to. I've got to give you an enthusiastic round of applause on the melody and harmony of this song. To my ears, they were a perfect match for one another. You've got an amazing vocal range!

I don't know if you know this ...

... a tip for uploading to Youtube is to save the file in high quality (audio at 44.1 kHz and 256 kbps; video at 6000 kbps). This will make a video file of around 100 megs. Then, when you upload to Youtube and the file is reduced in quality by Youtube, the end result will still sound a much better quality. The above settings seem to force Youtube to make a good quality file.

I'm going back for another listen now!

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
You've got an impressive voice.

Guenter

User Showcase
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I liked the way you could write a song like this without much hint of bitterness or self-pity, given I know how it was inspired. I liked it well enough. But after two listens if there was a drum track present, I could not even make it out, and I thought it could use an electric rhythm guitar track as well.

User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Hi Noel! thanks for the wonderful words. I am not really sure what AAA song forum is. I am just new to writing my songs as a solo artist. I have a friend that I used to co-write with and he has sort of given up on his dream of writing songs; He has just become content with his job, married life, and playing and singing at church.

He has tried over many, many years to make it in the music and has just given up. As for me, I have decided to try to write a song when I have some time for leisure. And as for my voice it is a very high tenor. I.E. That’s what I have been told. As for my range I am a child of the 80’s when there where a lot of rock bands. I used to sing along with these very bands. Over the years I have just developed my vocal.

My mother was an opera singer and taught me how to first listen to music properly and she also taught me how to sing. “From The Diaphragm”; about getting the qualities that you are talking about I am not quite sure how to do that. I still have Windows XP Professional and I use the movie maker to do all my videos.

I have windows 7 on the laptop and I sometimes use the movie maker on that. Saving the Audio on the other hand I know how to do that. But am unsure about how to save the video at (6000 kbps) thanks for all your tips; If you know how to do this with the movie maker. Any help would be appreciated.

Music is an expression that is a universal language, Never criticize anybody to harshly. They need time to grow but when they do, they do. Always be kind in what you say and do because the man upstairs is watching.
User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Well, I guess the reason that I could write a song like this was because I have moved on from that relationship. She was very young and I was about 5 years older than her. I was more grown up than to have bitter feelings. Did you ever experience a relationship where the girlfriend demands all of your time and is very jealous if the time that you spend with you mother, brother, father, and sisters? Well, that is the way that this relationship was. I was very happy to sever ties with this girl.

Had I stayed in this type of relationship it would not have been a good situation. I did find out that she was seeing a truck driver behind my back. Supposedly someone that she had went to school with. This guy was the wrong one to get with. She was getting beat up all the time. I guess you reap what you sew. Then I had found out that she had found someone else and he had happened to be a friend. Not a really good friend but a friend that I made when her and I where seeing each other.

Well, as the story goes she ended up having a baby for him. I just got this thought that she should have been mine because that is something that we had planned to do was have children together. That totally did not end up happening and I could say that maybe a little spark of jealousy just hit me and I just had a thought you should have been mine and that is where I got the song title and just wrote it.

As for the drum track I never even noticed that it was buried like that. I have this song backed up on another hard drive. I am going to have to look for that. If I find it I will redo it with a better sounding drum. As I said I didn’t even notice that. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. If I find it and re-do it I will post a link to it.

Bob…

Last edited by trapper456; 12/15/12 11:55 PM.

User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman

Thank you very much. I have worked on it for a long time...

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Ditto to all of the above re: good song, great vocal and solid performance.

Later,

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I'm too lazy to look it up now, but your voice reminds me of the lead singer of the group Styx. That's a compliment.

User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Thanks that is a great compliment Sundance. I have been compared to a lot of people including him. I have trained my vocals in this type of music since I was very young. I did some research on the Styx band and you are right on that. My vocal is a naturally higher vocal who knows why? If you had ever heard me talk you would not think that I could sing that way.

I would post a link to some other songs of people that I have done covers to but that is against forum rules. I have done various videos that I decided to pull down off of YouTube because I didn't want to take a chance on being sued. All of us are so lucky to have a program like "Band in a Box" and other various programs that we can create music with.

Finally I am glad that you enjoyed my video and compared me to such a legend in music. Thanks’!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Heh. I love where you put the word "Solo" in the video.

Nicely done, but I hope you can get a better quality version uploaded!

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
It’s all been said, great song, lyrics and a super vocal.

I don’t know if this was due to the lower quality upload or your choice in guitar sounds but I thought that the lead guitar’s sound didn’t fit the song. A more mellow distortion sound might work better. I did like the chops I just didn’t like the sound. Of course that is just me and others may disagree with me.

I also noted that you didn’t sing the word solo when it came up on the screen

Last edited by MarioD; 12/17/12 07:47 PM.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
MarioD

The word solo is just that. Ha, Ha, but what I did with the guitar sound is made it sound more like an 80's rock ballad. I'll have to play around with that. A comment was also made that the drums where not loud enough. I will also have to play with that.

I got the sound of the guitar by adding all the sounds to my music creator software and added the effect just like I liked it. You may be right though! So I will just have to listen to it and see if the other guitar sounds better.

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Trapper,
Superb vocal. Your mom taught you well!
Nice song. I'm glad you didn't give on songwriting like your buddy. It's sure hard to find time though. At least with BIAB we have a chance now. Thanks PG!
Thanks for sharing. I look forward to hearing your next one.
SD

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,456
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195