Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#192075 01/26/13 05:26 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
If you took an early retirement, I'm interested in knowing:

1) have you regretted leaving work early for any reason ?

2) in retrospect would you wait longer to get a higher benefit?

3) has inflation done more damage to your fixed income than you expected?

4) do you use your retirement time the way you thought you would? Or do you just waste a lot more time now?

5) how would you describe the quality of life in retirement? Did you feel more useful when you worked? Or is retirement the high ol' time I imagine it to be?

6) any observations or warnings you'd make to others who are considering whether to retire early?

Off-Topic
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Got 10 years to contemplate this so nothing of value here, 'cept that i would love to waste some time.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Pat, Re: Q2, The difference between retiring at 62 or 65 (or later) is pretty much a wash. I officially retired at 61 but, with disability, I was drawing the max. There was/is little incentive to continue working because, for every two dollars I would earn, they take one dollar out of my check. Factor in inflation and cost of living increases and retirement becomes the cheapest option. www.ssa.gov has online worksheets and calculators if you need an accurate estimate, but don't forget the expenses YOU NO LONGER WILL HAVE.

I seem busier than I've ever been, and doing the things THAT I WANT TO DO, NOT WHAT SOMEONE ELSE WANTS.

Perhaps the greatest thrill is in spoiling the grandchildren (and now, great-grandchildren), then sending them home to terrorize their parents. Priceless!

I say: Gopher it!

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

Got 10 years to contemplate this so nothing of value here, 'cept that i would love to waste some time.

I couldn't mention my new freedom to pursue my spiritual interests. I just did.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I took an early retirement at the age of 59. I’ll try to answer your questions on order:
1-no
2-no
3-no- I put my money into bonds before the stock market crashed.
4-no-it’s better than I thought. I’m teaching guitar and bass and loving it. I wish I had time to waste!
5-much better – no more stress, i.e. corporate BS – I’m doing what I love to do now – although I had a great job in research I feel a lot more useful now.
6-If you take a lump sum don’t blow it on toys – If you are under a lot of stress get out now before it kills you: I made my wife retire way early because to stress – have a hobby or two that you enjoy to do – stay physically active

If you can afford it and you have the opportunity do it. You will not regret it!

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
I retired at age 60 and never looked back. LIFE IS GOOD. I play golf and practice my guitar every day. I teach 5 or 6 CPR/First Aid classes a month to support my golf/travel/musical equipment addiction. Money is no longer an issue. I am fortunate to have made many lifelong friendships over the years and those friendships have made my retirement even more enjoyable. How you treat people now will become apparent when you retire. I know more than a few who have retired friendless, some deservedly so, and that, my friend, is not a good place to be.

MarioD #192081 01/26/13 08:20 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
thanks guys.. you're saying all the things I want to hear.

(anybody else?)

Off-Topic
N
Apprentice
Apprentice
N
Probably not a fair comparison, because I get a nice pension. So finances have not been a problem for me.

I retired at Age 55, five years ago, and have enjoyed every minute of it. As someone here said - No more putting up with corporate BS results in a LOT less stress. When someone asks what I do all day, I tell them whatever I want and whenever I want. However, as it turned out, I DON'T do the activities that I thought I'd be doing. Because of a bad back, I had to give up golf completely.

If someone had told me that I'd still be happy after that, I would have thought that they were crazy. But I've substituted other, more fulfilling pursuits - namely digital photography and I've recently taken up the piano (after having not played since I was 13 or so). I should also add that I ride my bike in summer and ski in winter, to stay active.

My recommendation for someone considering retirement (early or not) are:

1. Make sure that your financial house is in order. Living with money worries will not make for a happy retirement.

2. Make sure that you have a hobby or two that will keep you busy. There's only so much daytime TV one can take. (Actually, there's almots NO daytime TV that's worth watching IMO).

3. Find something to keep you physically active as well.

If you can accomplish all 3, I say go for it. I highly recommend it!

Good Luck!

Bert

Kawai VPC1 MIDI Controller; Asus A53E Laptop running Windows 7 - 64 bit; BIAB 2017 UltraPlusPak (upgraded from 2014 EverythingPak), running from Laptop's Hard Drive.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
1) have you regretted leaving work early for any reason ?

Not for one second, but I did start my own company a year after I retired.

2) in retrospect would you wait longer to get a higher benefit?

No

3) has inflation done more damage to your fixed income than you expected?

No

4) do you use your retirement time the way you thought you would? Or do you just waste a lot more time now?

I 1st thought I'd play golf and fish every other day but that got boriung real quick so I started a business and of course got back to music and now play 75 – 85 gigs a year, so I keep busy and love every minute of it.

5) how would you describe the quality of life in retirement? Did you feel more useful when you worked? Or is retirement the high ol' time I imagine it to be?

Wonderful, No and even better!

6) any observations or warnings you'd make to others who are considering whether to retire early?

Everyone's mileage will vary but I say go for as soon as possible.

Off-Topic
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
1 I pulled the plug at 55 (now 69), had an oportunity come along so grabed the money and ran...never looked back...at the time the job and my health were going down hill FAST!
..in hindsight it was a very good move..

After hanging out for a couple years got sick of working on the house so took a part time job for a while till that got in the way of the other stuff I wanted to do...but hey, it did pay for all my new music gear though.

2- Waited till I was 65 to get SS...only because I could thankfully

3- Inflation doesn't help at all but we're doing okay, did put my finance house in order before I quit...one of the smarter moves I've ever made

4- Just love to waste time...everydays a Saturday! I can practice music when I want, I can indulge in my other hobbies when I please (RC sailplanes, ham radio) and spend quality time with the wife...we're always going somewhere or doing something...and having FUN!

5- My quality of life without a doubt improved...with no more stress my health has improved greatly...everything seemed to get better...retirement for me was good..
Looking back I don't know how I ever got anything done when working...

6- Have a plan (but be flexable), have your finances and medical in odder and live within your means...

A very wise man once said..."Life is like a roll of toilet paper...the closer to the end you get...the faster it goes."..

Ya' just don't know how much shelve life ya' got left so make the most of it.

Rusty

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I too had major early retirement offer.

As mentioned above had our financial house in pretty decent order.
Got full retirement credits and health benefits. Took a 50% salary cut on
my retirement. Took the magic offer at age 51. Did a bit of very lucrative
consulting for about 2 years where 95% went into our new property, temp mobile home
then building our nice home. This ate up about 8 years of our live's.

The only time I regretted(wrong word really) was about 3 years after leaving.
Finished major project, building 40 x 80 steel Barn with unfinished shop area
in it. Took a rest, was rough work. Then I missed so much the interaction
with my former co-workers. We also miss living in town, live very rural area.

We don't have a lot of cushion $$$$ but own everything and have a good life.
Am 69 now and don't regret retiring at all.

On the financial... Had a $250,000 cash out choice. After 8 years was getting
their money. Careful on cash outs if your retirement source is stable.
No COLA's in my case, is what it is.
Another important item is good quality health centers close.
Also purchased $200,000 in extra life insurance to help my wife.
I keep on the big knives, razors locked up and have a food taster...LOL

A revocable trust for your significant other can cost few $$, but if grown
kids in equation, this helps eliminate wrinkles that can come up.

Last edited by seeker; 01/26/13 11:45 PM.

FrankB

Down The Street vs2015 12-03-2014
Win7, AMD QuadA8-5500,16GB,2TeraHD, Komplete 10
PG Ultra Plus 2016,Alesis 12USB, Sonar Platinum
seeker #192086 01/27/13 01:31 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
My Doctor in 1998 forced retirement on me from being a National Health Dentist in Wales. For reasons I STILL haven't discovered as the whole of the Health Service in Wales turned against me. The Health Service is now separate from that in England and will not help me gain the truth.
I was seeing that Doctor, and having counselling" because of stress with an acrimonious divorce and, topically in the UK at the moment, I was recovering from my business being washed out in a flood. He never informed me that I was to be retired but wrote in the document that retired me at 48 that I was doing atrocious work and that I was suicidal (I was not to both accounts). I discovered later that he had "witnesses" one being my sister, also a doctor,who was "helping me in the divorce" and also that my Doctor was helping her cover up a serious Malpractice or criminal act and she was deflecting instead of helping as she used me to preserve her reputation. I discovered I was fully retired when I was told by my Divorce solicitor 3 months after the event having been CONSTANTLY told I was "off sick". He had given my lump sum to my wife without my authority. MY practice and life's work were destroyed.
On that day I was rang by a psychiatrist at my Dental Practice one day and told I had to go to a psychiatric hospital and would be immediately sectioned if I refused, which I did. I rang the Governing Body/ Local Health Authority, and THEY too said I had no choice BUT to go to hospital and that THEY had taken over the running of my practice and in effect suddenly I was "off sick".....but no documents from the Pension Authority had ever arrived. I discovered that they had also suspended my license to practice because of my "mental illness".
I then made the wrong decision and agreed to go for the weekend but did not anticipate the horror of a psychiatric hospital where NOONE listens. I was FORCED to take medication and everytime I said I AM NOT suicidal I got more meds and "a high security "watch placed on me. Everybody stopped listening to me. I was told in hospital that I was to stay for weeks "until I got better" and so tried to "sign my self out" but that just started the worst 4 weeks of my life as then my every move was watched...even going to the toilet........no shoe laces, no belt, no locks on ANY door, in fact NO doors on the bathroom.
I now receive a small pension £16k for 23 years work for the National Health Service (NHS) and have a £100k debt for life I can never clear. The pensions authority say that I should NOT have had full retirement forced on me but refuse to help in trying to sort out the mess caused. As do ALL legal counsel in Wales. Politicians "seem" to be embroiled in this mess, I add allegedly, as the original Doctor gained many high posts in and out of the NHS assisted by these *******'s. Every doctor in my town tell me to forget my dental career and that I have ever been a dentist and treat me with contempt. I have left coronary heart disease written as being caused by the stress with all the above and eventually had a heart attack and a carotid coronary bypass graft but had to FIGHT to get treatment for that in 2006-8. I now have reduced usage of my left arm and find it difficult playing guitar and piano after starting both at the age of 6. I am 63 now.
I had to "cold turkey" the meds to retreive some semblance of life and this took quite a few years as the need for the drugs was horrific. I also became an alcoholic and stopping alcohol, once I realised I had a problem, was easy in comparison. Before I get flamed that is an example of typical British understatement as it was HELL.
I fight suicidal thoughts almost daily yet when I ironically ask for help from the service that should be in place to help,the Psychiatric Services, they tell me to change the way I think, change my symptoms in effect, before they will consider ANY form of help. However each "professional" then writes that I refuse treatment but thanks to technology one appt IS recorded, and listenable, and this shows I AM RIGHT!
Allegedly, there is a lot of corruption in NHS Wales which equals the scandal in the UK with the BBC and the alleged paedophile Jimmy Savile..
I had 3 burly policemen around my house a few weeks ago and they gave me 10 minutes to prove to them that I should not be sectioned after someone rang them with "concern". I showed them documents and things relaxed. They advised I saw the Fraud office who will look into my case once I have collated the reams of evidence. SO I have to go through it all again....

Pat you ask about early retirement and this is just part of MY story. I visit PG Music to get away from all this **** so will stay away from here until this topic has disappeared from the front page and then I hope I will resist the temptation to look for it and read it!
I have written hundreds of songs about being forced to be a mental patient and so will now post them soon for all to hear.
THANK YOU Band in a Box for keeping me alive, Mr Gannon you do not realise how much I NEED your program.

I will have a quick squint round the Showcase and then be off for a few weeks.

Alyn

gibson #192087 01/27/13 04:57 AM
Off-Topic
P
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
P
Thanks for sharing Alyn and keep up with the music....love it!

Pete

Off-Topic
J
Expert
Expert
J
Pat - I'm a little younger than most guys here, but I 'retired' (actually left)from a career in Software Quality Assurance to go back to school and become an Occupational Therapist. I was lucky to have support from my wife, and financial freedom from the obligations (and joys, unfortunately) of having children.

Working in Software Quality Assurance, I often felt very unappreciated due to the nature of the job. At best, I would find software bugs that would delay shipment of the product, or for which developers would say "that won't happen...it's too risky to make that change...the customer won't mind...that will push the release date (as if it was my fault for finding the bug 'too late').

I often felt like a 'resentfully' hired 'cost center' rather than a valued employee helping the company to succeed - IMHO,such is the end product of extreme capitalism, and I don't believe that companies should make employees feel that way - either incidentally or intentionally.

That said, as an Occupational Therapist, I still feel like a ....resentfully hired cost center for which my employers' goal is ultimately to reduce cost or eliminate (IMHO, such is the effect of extreme capitalism).

But now I do have lots of job satisfaction inherent to the nature of the job - I'm helping children that primarily have developmental disabilities increase their participation and access to their education in school. Parents of these children are extremely appreciative, as well as teachers and the children themselves (not all children, but most).

I had to take a pretty big pay cut and loss of net worth to achieve this career change.
Money and financial independence is ABSOLUTELY first and foremost to any decision. That's why I did what I did for almost 20 years. But you'll probably learn that you may very well be able to happily survive on less money, once you decide to do it. (But like we spoke of in a different post - go on a music toy buying spree before you attempt to consider living on reduced income ; )

But what did I get for it ? The opportunity to feel value in my day-to-day job, the opportunity to enjoy greater portions of my day-to-day job, the chance to meet and collaborate with lots of new people instead of stay behind a computer in isolation all day, additional 'free' time to pursue my hobbies (music) and (virtually) meet all the great guys on this forum, the opportunity to reduce my commute time and use it more productively.

I am forever indebted to my wife, Silvia, for helping me discover, supporting, and enabling me to achieve this change. Thanks Silvia.

Joe V #192089 01/27/13 06:57 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
In the UK now there is no such thing as “early” Retirement. You don't HAVE to retire at 65, 67,68 or whatever age it moves up to next. I guess the Goverment want you to work until you drop down dead at your desk / workplace to avoid paying you your Pension dues. I worked in the “Blue Light” manufacturing industry and got out after the London Olympics. I had previously told my Company that I would work on for a couple of years so they could do some clever Succession Planning and get a replacement in who I could work into my Job, so I could ease out. A year in and they had done precisely nothing..The 6 months prior to the Olympics were utter Madness (from a Blue Light POV) and I was burning up 12 hours a day, 6 days a week to hit the ever-changing targets. But – hit them we (my wonderful, dedicated Team) did.
After all the Fuss had died down, my wife said to me “you know ,if you carry on at this rate, you won't get a Retirement. You'll have worked yourself to Death.” I thought about that a lot and in the end decided that she was right and retired September last.
Best thing, next to marrying “Beloved” that I ever did.
1) I dont miss the Workload at all, although I DO miss the Team I had – the cameraderie, the strength of all pulling together and getting the job done, the laughs, of which there were, happily plenty.
2) If I'd waited longer, the benefit wouldnt have been worthwhile IMO and I would have been X years nearer slipping off this Mortal Coil.
3) Inflation is a factor I have to consider. BUT – there are so many fewer Outgoings these days.
Lifestylewise we are actually better off than we were when I was working and I was on a damned sight higher salary than the Pensions will ever be, Go figure it yourself – I can't!!!
4) No time to waste time! Since I retired we have been so busy that I'm thinking about going back to work to take it easy! Lol !
5) Quality of Life is better, no doubt. OK, you can't splash out cash without too much thought any more on “nice to haves” and pay back from your monthly salary – these things now have to be Planned. I often felt “Used” rather than “Useful” at work and now I feel Fulfilled. On balance Retirement IS the “high ole' time” - for us anyway. That description will differ from person to person but for us – You Betcha.
6) I guess we miss the Money. Our budget is HALF that of when I was working. Make sure that you are DEBT FREE at Retirement or it will suck out all your money. Make sure you have your Interests / Hobbies. Mine are my music and trying to fathom this darned BIAB/RB (lol), spoiling our very young grand children and doing things to the house and around the house that I was always promising to and never achieved. Now Beloved KNOWS what I meant when I said I was no good at DIY!!

Old Guys Rule.The older I get,the better I was!
BB2023 ULTRA, 1013, Win 7 and 10

ALL TRACKS - https://app.box.com/s/501rnzrbadng1elvi45hbf7y08kl5oxp
SOUNDCLOUD-tracks using BB-
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel
Videos-
https://youtube.com/user/Sixchannel1
gibson #192090 01/27/13 07:13 AM
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Quote:

My Doctor in 1998 forced retirement on me from being a National Health Dentist in Wales. For reasons I STILL haven't discovered as the whole of the Health Service in Wales turned against me. The Health Service is now separate from that in England and will not help me gain the truth.
I was seeing that Doctor, and having counselling" because of stress with an acrimonious divorce and, topically in the UK at the moment, I was recovering from my business being washed out in a flood. He never informed me that I was to be retired but wrote in the document that retired me at 48 that I was doing atrocious work and that I was suicidal (I was not to both accounts). I discovered later that he had "witnesses" one being my sister, also a doctor,who was "helping me in the divorce" and also that my Doctor was helping her cover up a serious Malpractice or criminal act and she was deflecting instead of helping as she used me to preserve her reputation. I discovered I was fully retired when I was told by my Divorce solicitor 3 months after the event having been CONSTANTLY told I was "off sick". He had given my lump sum to my wife without my authority. MY practice and life's work were destroyed.
On that day I was rang by a psychiatrist at my Dental Practice one day and told I had to go to a psychiatric hospital and would be immediately sectioned if I refused, which I did. I rang the Governing Body/ Local Health Authority, and THEY too said I had no choice BUT to go to hospital and that THEY had taken over the running of my practice and in effect suddenly I was "off sick".....but no documents from the Pension Authority had ever arrived. I discovered that they had also suspended my license to practice because of my "mental illness".
I then made the wrong decision and agreed to go for the weekend but did not anticipate the horror of a psychiatric hospital where NOONE listens. I was FORCED to take medication and everytime I said I AM NOT suicidal I got more meds and "a high security "watch placed on me. Everybody stopped listening to me. I was told in hospital that I was to stay for weeks "until I got better" and so tried to "sign my self out" but that just started the worst 4 weeks of my life as then my every move was watched...even going to the toilet........no shoe laces, no belt, no locks on ANY door, in fact NO doors on the bathroom.
I now receive a small pension £16k for 23 years work for the National Health Service (NHS) and have a £100k debt for life I can never clear. The pensions authority say that I should NOT have had full retirement forced on me but refuse to help in trying to sort out the mess caused. As do ALL legal counsel in Wales. Politicians "seem" to be embroiled in this mess, I add allegedly, as the original Doctor gained many high posts in and out of the NHS assisted by these *******'s. Every doctor in my town tell me to forget my dental career and that I have ever been a dentist and treat me with contempt. I have left coronary heart disease written as being caused by the stress with all the above and eventually had a heart attack and a carotid coronary bypass graft but had to FIGHT to get treatment for that in 2006-8. I now have reduced usage of my left arm and find it difficult playing guitar and piano after starting both at the age of 6. I am 63 now.
I had to "cold turkey" the meds to retreive some semblance of life and this took quite a few years as the need for the drugs was horrific. I also became an alcoholic and stopping alcohol, once I realised I had a problem, was easy in comparison. Before I get flamed that is an example of typical British understatement as it was HELL.
I fight suicidal thoughts almost daily yet when I ironically ask for help from the service that should be in place to help,the Psychiatric Services, they tell me to change the way I think, change my symptoms in effect, before they will consider ANY form of help. However each "professional" then writes that I refuse treatment but thanks to technology one appt IS recorded, and listenable, and this shows I AM RIGHT!
Allegedly, there is a lot of corruption in NHS Wales which equals the scandal in the UK with the BBC and the alleged paedophile Jimmy Savile..
I had 3 burly policemen around my house a few weeks ago and they gave me 10 minutes to prove to them that I should not be sectioned after someone rang them with "concern". I showed them documents and things relaxed. They advised I saw the Fraud office who will look into my case once I have collated the reams of evidence. SO I have to go through it all again....

Pat you ask about early retirement and this is just part of MY story. I visit PG Music to get away from all this **** so will stay away from here until this topic has disappeared from the front page and then I hope I will resist the temptation to look for it and read it!
I have written hundreds of songs about being forced to be a mental patient and so will now post them soon for all to hear.
THANK YOU Band in a Box for keeping me alive, Mr Gannon you do not realise how much I NEED your program.

I will have a quick squint round the Showcase and then be off for a few weeks.

Alyn

Well that settles that. I'm officially glad that the U.S. seperated from England.

Keith
2024 Audiophile Windows 11 AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 3960X 4.5GHZ 128 GB RAM 2 Nvidia RTX 3090s, Vegas,Acid,SoundForge,Izotope Production,Melodyne Studio,Cakewalk,Raven Mti
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Sixchannel,

your story sounds a lot like mine. Add to it the fact that my place of employment is almost exclusively manned by people who are within two years of retirement, and no effort has been made to bring in young people to learn their jobs. The exodus of job knowledge that is about to happen is going to put enormous extra stress on whoever remains, especially salaried people like me who are ultimately responsible for meeting the company's goals. It makes me angry to think of all the 12 and 16 hour days I worked during the last 5 years of my wife's life. Now she's gone, and I can't roll back the clock to spend that time with her.

"Fool me once, shame on you... fool me twice, shame on me. " I don't want to repeat the unwise use of time I have left. There's no doubt in my mind that if I stay at work, the time they expect me to put in will increase exponentially, and if I allow it, the job will consume every breath that remains in me.

But I'm an idea person. I like to observe life and form ideas about what should work. I am eager to test my ideas about what I believe will be an increase in opportunities to play live music as the baby boomers retire. When they had too much time on their hands as young people, they filled it with live music. I think they will do the same with the retirement time on their hands. ALL of the live music I've attended in the past year has been overwhelmingly attended by boomers, which supports my theory enough that I am willing to take the next step.

So in a sense I don't see this as retirement as much as I see it as changing jobs from something that's slowly killing me to something that I enjoy.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

So in a sense I don't see this as retirement as much as I see it as changing jobs from something that's slowly killing me to something that I enjoy.

It sounds like you've answered your own question. Do something you want to do instead of doing something you have to do.

You've earned it.

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Quote:

Quote:

It sounds like you've answered your own question. Do something you want to do instead of doing something you have to do.

You've earned it.

Bob,
are you retired? Seems like I recall you using the term "semi-retired" in the past. Are you using your talent to make money playing music? In your neck of the woods the music you love should be highly marketable. (You're in Huntingdon WV, right?)

As I recall, there's a railroad shop in Huntingdon. Given the enthusiasm for railroad buffs to pursue all things that have to do with the iron horse, you should have all sorts of opportunities where you live. Bluegrass + railroad = natural tie-in

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Pat, there is a fabulous opportunity to keep your mind active in a volunteer organization called SCORE (Service Corps Of Retired Executives) where I have volunteered a few times. It allows you to keep your hand in, so to speak.

I also volunteer to demonstrate synthesized speech devices (Dynavox) to hospitals and the VA. So much so that I have had to decline many opportunities to travel regionally. It has gotten too physically demanding.

My religion teaches volunteerism and, worldwide, has spent nearly 2 billion hours in volunteer work in 2012 alone.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,565
Posts734,448
Members38,492
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
VIPBET사설토토, GlebeGreg, michel vermeulen, Mikanh132, ABE
38,491 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 185