You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#192484 - 01/29/13 05:02 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] How to keep BIAB Window size and position between sessions ?
Marco33 Offline

When I resize a BIAB Window and move it to the top of the screen, I loose these adjustements
when I close the program.
I would like to keep them for a next BIAB opening.
Where is the secret ?

#192485 - 01/29/13 05:12 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: How to keep BIAB Window size and position between sessions ? [Re: Marco33]
Loc: Chicago
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

No secret, this is Not doable...
SoundCloud

#192486 - 01/29/13 08:05 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: How to keep BIAB Window size and position between sessions ? [Re: MusicStudent]
Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Blake Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
If you leave Band-in-a-Box in "Restore-down" mode (NOT-maximized) when you exit the program, it should start up with the same size/dimensions. I am using Windows XP, so it might not work the same in newer versions of Windows.

PG Music Inc.

#192487 - 01/29/13 08:25 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: How to keep BIAB Window size and position between sessions ? [Re: Blake]
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Well I do believe Blake is correct. I just tried ajusting a couple BIAB windows under minimized "not maximized" settings and then exited and reopened and sure enuff - it did keep the settings - Win 7.

I stand corrected.

#192488 - 01/29/13 08:30 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: How to keep BIAB Window size and position between sessions ? [Re: MusicStudent]
Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

It also works on Windows 7 - 64 bit. It's a little strange, though: the program opens maximized and then the window quickly resizes itself, in a quick blur.
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac UltraPak]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#192489 - 01/30/13 09:29 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: How to keep BIAB Window size and position between sessions ? [Re: Blake]
Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
allis Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
Not only does it restore to its last size, but if you leave it on a secondary monitor when shutting down, it will reappear there again when it restarts. Those features were a welcome addition.

#192490 - 01/31/13 06:51 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: How to keep BIAB Window size and position between sessions ? [Re: Blake]
Loc: Balmer, Merlan, USA
jazzwombat Offline
Journeyman

Quote:

If you leave Band-in-a-Box in "Restore-down" mode (NOT-maximized) when you exit the program, it should start up with the same size/dimensions. I am using Windows XP, so it might not work the same in newer versions of Windows.

! What is this mystical "Restore-down mode" you speak of, sir? I tried several variants on the "NOT-maximized" idea using Windows 7, but BIAB always reopened with the same maximized screen. I guess it doesn't work with Win7.

Bob aka jazzwombat "the perpetually perplexed"

#192491 - 01/31/13 06:54 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: How to keep BIAB Window size and position between sessions ? [Re: jazzwombat]
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Several prior folks reported it does work in Win 7?
SoundCloud

#192492 - 01/31/13 07:01 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: How to keep BIAB Window size and position between sessions ? [Re: MusicStudent]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

I don't know what to say except that I described how it works on my Windows 7 system. I wonder if there is a Windows setting that controls this? Mine does open maximized, but then it restores the prior window size.
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac UltraPak]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#192493 - 01/31/13 07:09 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: How to keep BIAB Window size and position between sessions ? [Re: Matt Finley]
jazzwombat Offline
Journeyman

Hey Matt. Please explain the steps you take to get restoration of the window size. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. Thanks and best wishes.

#192494 - 01/31/13 07:33 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: How to keep BIAB Window size and position between sessions ? [Re: Matt Finley]
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Quote:

I don't know what to say except that I described how it works on my Windows 7 system. ... Mine does open maximized, but then it restores the prior window size.

Exactly same here.

#456479 - 02/08/18 11:38 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: How to keep BIAB Window size and position between sessions ? [Re: Marco33]
George232 Offline

One way that I was able to make BIAB always start in the same position in Windows (10), was to use an external software program that forces a window location to be remembered. A search engine can find programs or registry edits that will do this.

I tried unsuccessfully for years to do this within BIAB, as well as trying to use program shortcut properties in Windows. As someone else in this post suggested, there is probably a registry hack that will do this.

The program that I accidentally discovered for saving the BIAB window size and position was CamStudio v. 2.7.2 (free). This program records AVI video of portions of the screen, where it is desirable to have the same portion of the screen within the recording window.

Steps to make the BIAB window position return to the same place.

1. Start BIAB and resize the window where you like it.

2. Start CamStudio and click Region > Fixed Region, then drag a window around the BIAB window (it seems that the lower-left corner may be one of the corners that is used to remember the position).

3. Step 2 might be all that is needed, but I use a 3rd step, which is to make a recording of the BIAB region that will confirm the BIAB position. Click the orange star if necessary in CamStudio to set the recording mode to AVI mode. Then click the record button in CamStudio, and then confirm the window position before the recording begins. You do this by dragging the marquee that comes up to the same region identified in step 2. You can stop the recording and it will ask to save it. I saved it to a dummy temporary file name.

4. Close CamStudio. Close BIAB. Next time you open BIAB, even without CamStudio, the last position will be remembered. From this point on, the BIAB window position is independent of CamStudio, since BIAB comes back to the last position, not the one set with CamStudio.

Anyway that was my experience. Maybe the internal BIAB movie mode can also force this setting, but I haven't tried that.

#456485 - 02/08/18 12:30 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: How to keep BIAB Window size and position between sessions ? [Re: Marco33]
Oneilvivas Offline

I have a similar issue but related to the impossibility of my BiaB to open in my secondary monitor. I will take on this thread instead of open new one.
Takin into consideration what Blake establishes "
If you leave Band-in-a-Box in "Restore-down" mode (NOT-maximized) when you exit the program, it should start up with the same size/dimensions".
I did that but did not work, each new session BiaB refuses to open on the secondary monitor, just BiaB can't remember and it always open on primary monitor.
There is some guidance or procedure I should know?
Thanks.

#456577 - 02/09/18 03:03 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: How to keep BIAB Window size and position between sessions ? [Re: George232]
George232 Offline

After testing the CamStudio procedure on another laptop, I was unable to duplicate starting BIAB in Windowed mode. Now I have one computer starting BIAB in windowed mode and one that always starts maximized and won't remember the last setting. Sorry I spoke too soon.

But at least it shows that it is possible for BIAB to remember it's last window size. Some setting other setting must have changed besides what CamStudio does.

Also, note that the shortcut properties don't affect the window state of BIAB whether they are changed from Normal to Minimized or Maximized.

Also, BIAB briefly flashes into fullscreen mode before going into its window.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® for Windows Online Manual - Chord List & Shortcuts

Visit the Chord List of our Online Manual, and you'll see all the chords that can be used within the program! The list includes a few Tricky Chords and Shortcut Chords that you may find useful too!

Tricky Chords:
C5b This is "C flat 5." It is spelled this way to avoid confusion.
C2, C5, C4, C69, C7alt, Cm7#5
You can type C-7 for Cm7 (i.e. use the minus sign) or C7-9 for C7b9.

Shortcut Chords
If you enter a lot of songs, you will appreciate these shortcut keys.
J = Maj7
H = m7b5 (H stands for Half diminished)
D = dim
S = 7sus

There's even information on how to add your own chord shortcuts - check it out!

Video Request Answered - Creating Intros, Bridges, and Endings in Band-in-a-Box®

Check out the newest support video created by Kent that explains how to create intros, bridges, and endings in Band-in-a-Box®! Click here to view...

The Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker Feature

If you have a folder of songs that you'd always like easy access to within Band-in-a-Box, make sure you familiarize yourself with The SongPicker feature, which access the folder that you choose and lock it to!

Access the SongPicker by clicking on the [Song] button next to the title of the song within the main screen of Band-in-a-Box. The first time the SongPicker is opened, you can choose the folder to use to create the list by selecting [Change] and navigating to your preferred directory. Once chosen, select [OK - Make Song List], and Band-in-a-Box does the rest... the next time you click on [Song], you'll be taken directly to your preferred folder!

Learn even more about this feature within Chapter 5 of our Online Manual, here.

Just Launched - The FAQ and Knowledge Base Forum!

If you have a question (or questions!) about Band-in-a-Box®, PowerTracks, RealBand®, or any other PG Music Inc. product - whether it be technical support or pre-sales, there's now an easy one-stop spot to find the answer - our FAQ and Knowledge Base Forum!

Don't want to read through the 600+ posts? Use the Search FAQ option, and you can choose your key search terms to locate the topic and answer you're looking for!

Common pre-sales questions about our products, ordering, and delivery:
Pre-Sales

Technical support & troubleshooting by product:
Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Band-in-a-Box® for Mac
RealBand® for Windows
PowerTracks Pro® Audio for Windows
Other Products

There's even a Request New FAQs forum, if you didn't see your question answered anywhere!

Over 190 Saxophone RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

Today's the day we say "Happy Birthday" to Adolphe Sax, the creator of the Saxophone!
(Adolphe was born November 6, 1814 - 32 years later he patended his saxophone creation!)

We have more than 190 Saxophone RealTracks available for Band-in-a-Box with the following RealTracks Sets - review the complete list here.

Check our our Saxophonist programs for Windows:
The Jazz Saxophonist
The Rock Saxophonist

Customers LOVE Band-in-a-Box®!

Here's some of the amazing feedback we've received lately, from program users just like you!

Arthritic fingers means I find it very difficult to play anything. This program is amazing - and it does use real musicians!
-Bob E.

The power of this program is just unbelievable! It's been a best kept secret for a couple of decades now. A song writer's dream!
-Mike D

This band can practice any time of day ...LOL
-William G

Band-in-a-Box works so simple you could teach a child to do it within minutes - the RealTracks are amazing. Doing an album as we speak. I challenge you to give it a try. I am 60 years old and even though I've played 50 years, I am no engineer. But as a song writer I needed some effective tools to create quality production of my work. This is IT! It's as easy as typing and filling in the blanks. The instructional videos allow you to change settings while watching the pro. I myself purchased every "RealTrack" I could get... Take it from me, don't let this overwhelm you. It is absolutely a writer and solo artist dream!
-John S

Best part of Band-in-a-Box is that it saves me having to program drums, the Real Drummer part of the software is brilliant and natural sounding. I then layer real instruments with guys from my band. As a songwriter, Band-in-a-Box has saved me so much time it's ridiculous.
-Andy B

Incredible Software. Great for ignorance and experts and for anyone who wants to deal with music. If you do not have a hobby and want to have one "Band-in-a-Box" is the best choice. Simple, but if you want to be an expert on it, you need to make an effort to master it perfectly for perfect use. The only disadvantage is if you do not want to become a musician, and use it, you will become a perfect musician. Therefore, be cautious. It's not a toy. ;)
-Ilija B.

Been a BIAB man since '92, such a comprehensive source for music making! So much more to offer than "loops", it allows actual music composition to be realized. Evolve from harmonic ignorance and find out what REAL music is made of!
-Don D.

A must for any musician who wants to improve on his own, or to share his musical ideas in a professional high quality rendition.. You just play with the best musicians and that's great ♪ :)
-Jean-Marie D.

I use Band in a Box all the time. I couldn't be more pleased. It's easy to use and it sounds super-big time!
-Max R.

An excellent tool for generating backing tracks. Saves me hours of MIDI programming. Combines the best of MIDI and live audio samples.
-Steve A.

Video Help - My Band-in-a-Box® Won't Open!

Our NEW I want a video that shows me how to .... forum is off to a GREAT start! We've answered the common question/issue of "My program won't open!" with the following video: How To: Return to Factory Settings outside Band-in-a-Box (Win).

Want to see a video about a particular issue your having with the program? Post your request here, we're happy to help!!

Forum Stats
28187 Members
59 Forums
54860 Topics
454730 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
fpenguin, skayaz, MCPAR, jose santos, Don White

28186 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 194
Rustyspoon# 138