Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#192637 01/30/13 03:17 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
This is an original song inspired by an old Louisiana tradition of family dances. My uncle used to have an old dance hall on Delacroix Island with dances at least once a month where the whole family attended. In fact they would rope off a section on the dance floor in front of the stage for the little kids to dance. They also provided "Army cots" to put the kids to sleep on while the parents danced till early morn. Truly some great memories.

The tune is here on YouTube and entitled On The Bayou

As always, your time and comments are appreciated.

Edited portion . . . Graham I have a slide in this montage especially for you.

Later,

Danny C. #192638 01/30/13 04:20 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Danny,

Another nice one! Made me hungry...and thirsty! Good lyric. Good tracks and mix. The mods are very well done. A very enjoyable song... and the perfect story to go along with it... you got more hidden away??...keep 'em coming.

floyd

floyd jane #192639 01/30/13 09:12 PM
User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice

I agree with everything Floyd said. Great descriptive lyrics and music to bring the listener into an experience.

austin51 #192640 01/31/13 07:29 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Danny, it’s all been said, super song with super backing tracks. Pretty neat guitar work there also!

Loved the parking sign!

You should post more songs my friend!

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
MarioD #192641 01/31/13 07:41 AM
User Showcase
occ Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
Hey Danny!! Very good song and vocal was great. This reminds me of when we used to go down to Breaux Bridge and ate at Mulates. They always had Cajun band playing and every one danced. Little children and Grownups having a family good time. Thanks for this song. I think this is my favorite song. occ

occ #192642 01/31/13 12:29 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Floyd . . . Thanks and I hope you had a big lunch today. I have to admit we do have some pretty good chow down here in South Louisiana. Also I do have a few ideas lyric wise that I have not gotten to yet, we'll see maybe next rainy day I am not playing a gig.

Austin51 . . . Thanks for the kind words.

Mario . . . Thank you partner for the kudos and yes that sign is outside a little joint in Cajun Country. When I saw it I thought of Graham and had to include it in montage. Now if I only had photo of your cannolis to go in the video, but then we would have to change the theme music to a tarantella.

OCC . . . Thank you so much and I am happy the project brought back some fond memories of Louisiana. The family dances tradition may just be my favorite Louisiana tradition as I enjoy so much seeing families having good clean fun together.

On a side not I have these older friends, husband and wife, who love to dance and many times we would be at a dance and they would have their heads slumped down actually sleeping where they sat. But when the band started it would not take more than 5 notes before they would (in one motion) wake up and head for the dance floor.

Later,

Danny C. #192643 01/31/13 12:46 PM
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Nice tune, Danny. Made me want to dance (I know, it made others want to eat. I confess, that too.)

I am reminded that when I posted a similar tune a couple of years ago ("Laissez les Bon Temps Boogie") in celebration of the Saints' 2010 Superbowl victory, you gave me a mild criticism, saying, in effect, that there was too much french in the tune, and "not everybody in N.O. speaks French". I had stuff like "Jolie Blonde," and "je t'aim."

I don't live there, and I'm not French either (well, maybe 1/8th) but is it fair to criticize you back?

Brad -- My FAWM
Danny C. #192644 01/31/13 02:24 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Danny, if I ever make it down to your area we will jam and we will call ourselves CCR: “Cajun Cannolis Reunion”

What do ya think?

Last edited by MarioD; 01/31/13 02:25 PM.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
MarioD #192645 01/31/13 03:13 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Very enjoyable mix Danny, love the vocal as well.

Good song.

All the best
Musiclover

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
musiclover #192646 01/31/13 04:46 PM
User Showcase
ROG Offline
Veteran
Veteran
Danny - good song, well mixed and great vocals.

Everything worked well with the images and produced an enjoyable end product.

ROG.

Brallan #192647 01/31/13 05:50 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Quote:

Nice tune, Danny. Made me want to dance (I know, it made others want to eat. I confess, that too.)

I am reminded that when I posted a similar tune a couple of years ago ("Laissez les Bon Temps Boogie") in celebration of the Saints' 2010 Superbowl victory, you gave me a mild criticism, saying, in effect, that there was too much french in the tune, and "not everybody in N.O. speaks French". I had stuff like "Jolie Blonde," and "je t'aim."

I don't live there, and I'm not French either (well, maybe 1/8th) but is it fair to criticize you back?

1st af all thanks for the listen and the feedback. With this said, absolutely it is fair to criticize me back . . . or front.

When I commented on your song what I meant, and I am trying to remember the context of both the tune and my response, was that sometimes some people who do not have strong enough New Orleans connection assume that the city and area are 100% French. And while there is a very strong French presence in Southwest Louisiana that is not particularly true of the New Olreans city limits.

Regarding On The bayou and the Cajun references they are all based on the lifestyle of Cajuns in Acadiana "not" New Orleans, almost like two different worlds. But go ahead and let me have it, I am a big boy.

Take Care,

MarioD #192648 01/31/13 05:52 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Quote:

Danny, if I ever make it down to your area we will jam and we will call ourselves CCR: “Cajun Cannolis Reunion”

What do ya think?

Great but we are not taking Billy Bob back . . . he stays in NY.

later,

Danny C. #192649 01/31/13 05:53 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Musiclover and Rog . . . thank you guys so much for the time to listen and your very kind comments.

Later,

Danny C. #192650 01/31/13 06:42 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Quote:

Quote:

What do ya think?

Great but we are not taking Billy Bob back . . . he stays in NY.

later,

He's not here anymore!

We told him to beat it

MarioD #192651 02/01/13 05:26 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Love this one Danny! I don't dance, so I'll just be over here by the bandstand with my gumbo and cold beer.

Regards,

Bob

90 dB #192652 02/01/13 10:24 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I agree with ROG: good song, well mixed and great vocals.
Everything worked well with the images and produced an enjoyable end product.

Guenter

boehm #192653 02/01/13 02:29 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Danny,

I remember reading in a recent post of yours that these days you're starting to feel more like you're getting the hang of being a songwriter. In my opinion, this song clearly shows that you are indeed a competent songwriter. Moreover you're an equally competent arranger and mixer and an excellent performer. You're way way past merely "getting the hang of it"!

This is a great composition. I thoroughly enjoyed hearing it. Having a slide show to watch while I listened was the proverbial icing on the cake. Sorry I can't type more but I'm feeling a very strong urge to go back and listen to it again.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 #192654 02/01/13 02:54 PM
User Showcase
D
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
D
Heya Danny, well done. Thx for posting.

Danny C. #192655 02/01/13 03:36 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Danny,

Fun song and a good mix. Nice job.

Bob

rsdean #192656 02/01/13 06:51 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
90db . . . Thanks for the listen and nice comment. Re: dancing, especially these days I truly believe anything goes . . . what's the old saying, dance like no one is watching? I guess that is a great goal, that I too have not mastered. I will sit on stage with you grazing on the gumbo and boiled seafood, heck I'll even buy the beer!

boem, Don and rsdean . . . thank you so much for the time to listen and the wonderful comments.

Noel . . . what can I say in return after reading your wonderful comments other than the check is in the mail. One caveat it will be you who will have to tell Mario I spent my cannoli money as a reward for your nice comments.

You guys made my day!

Later,

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,461
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195