Go To
#192881 02/01/13 10:57 PM
User Showcase
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
Here is my first post in Fawm 2013. The backing tracks are band in a box. It started out a swing waltz and then went to even 8. The way I accomplished this was to create 2 separate files, one with the waltz portion the other even 8. I transferred the waltz portion to Real Band 2013 and cut it off at the ending BIAB created. Without closing Biab I then transferred the even 8 portion of the song to the cut off location. It also goes from 120 waltz tempo to 140 even 8 tempo. There was a small amount of cutting required to get the files to line up properly.
************************************************************************************************************
Remote Control
©2012 Robert Taylor

I lost my wife to another man
I lost my truck in a bet
just when I thought that things couldn't get any worse
I found out that was not so
when I lost my tv remote control.....

Chorus
I lost my remote control
now my life's in shambles
cause I gotta get up everytime I want to change the channel
thats not the way that tv was meant to be enjoyed you know
I can live without a lot of things but I can't live without my remote control

I can live without that woman
I can live without that truck
but to think of life remoteless
leaves me horror struck
I've got to search until I find it
so I can fill this empty hole
I can live with out a lot of things
but I can't live without my remote control NO!

Chorus
I lost my remote control
now my life's in shambles
cause I gotta get up everytime I want to change the channel
thats not the way that tv was meant to be enjoyed you know
I can live without a lot of things I can't live without my remote control
I can live without a lot of things
but I can't live without my remote control
************************************************************************************************************
The waltz portion style is Country Waltz W/Piano
Bass 1122 Swing Waltz
Piano 1701 Swing Waltz
Real Nashville Classic
Gtr 828 Elec Swing W
Gtr 989 Elec Rhy Swing Waltz

The Even 8 Portion Style Country Brent Gtr Solo
Bass 519 ev 8
El Gtr Solo 1515
Realdrums Nashville Ev8
El Gtr Rhy 844
El Gtr Rhy 847

1.Remote Control (FAWM 2013)Reverbnation

1.Remote Control(FAWM 2013) Soundcloud

My Tunes

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Robert,

What a great start to FAWM! I have to hand it to you, you've really developed your voice as a songwriter.

Loved the lines ...
    "The thought of life remoteless
    Leaves me horror struck"

The arrangement was very creative. Starting as a waltz and going to 4/4 worked for me!

Overall ... a good fun song that had me smiling and tapping my toes.

All the best with FAWM,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 #192883 02/02/13 04:22 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Great little tune Robert, you just have proven to me that its possible to write a song about anything and everything as you have done, and no doubt the more you write the better a person gets.

great disipline as well.

musiclover

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Robert,

Great start. Funny - and clever. The change from 3/4 to 4/4 was very well done. Looking forward to the rest...

floyd

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Robert,

Very nice start and a cool song. Really like your voice in this one as well.

Bob

rsdean #192886 02/02/13 07:20 AM
User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice

Good job. Enjoyed the fun and humor of the song. Nicely put together.

austin51 #192887 02/02/13 08:18 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Good start.
Real fun song.
What is your user name on fawm.org?

Guenter

boehm #192888 02/02/13 01:54 PM
User Showcase
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
Thanks Noel96, musiclover, floyd jane, rsdean, austin51 and boehm for the listening and taking the time to comment.

boehm my fawm user name is imustbenuts, that is what I thought the first time I decided to try FAWM. This will be my third one. It is so much fun and you meet so many great folks.

here is the link to my FAWM page My FAWM

My Tunes

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Bob, how can you come up with such winners day after day, year after year!

I really enjoyed this one! Very seldom do I laugh out loud at a song but I did on this one. Great job!

This is a keeper for sure!

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

Robert,

Great start. Funny - and clever. The change from 3/4 to 4/4 was very well done. Looking forward to the rest...

floyd

Big +1 here, had me laughing my fool head off.

Later,

Danny C. #192891 02/02/13 08:56 PM
User Showcase
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
This is song 2 in the FAWM collection. I began this song in an entirely different direction. But I began to hear Africa in it so I changed directions.

2. Walk in Africa Fawm 2013 Soundcloud

2. Walk In Africa Reverbnation

My FAWM Profile

My Tunes

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Hi, Robert:

"Remote Control" is a hoot... Hope there are more like this coming.

The Africa piece is clever, too... Nicely mixed. But you don't intend it as the first week FAWM challenge -- "City Songs" -- do you? Or just call it "Mombassa".

Brad -- My FAWM
Brallan #192893 02/02/13 11:40 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
LOL! Funny. Cool timing change.

Good luck with your challenge this year.

Sundance #192894 02/04/13 11:08 PM
User Showcase
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
Thanks Brallan and Sundance for the response.

My Tunes

User Showcase
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
This is song #3 in the FAWM songwriting challenge; It is a Christian Rock song, all of the tracks are Band in a Box 2013 including the lead guitar. All tips and suggestions are always welcomed!

I Will Praise You Reverbnation

I Will Praise You Soundcloud

MY FAWM

My Tunes

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Thus song really rocks, Robert! Hard to believe it's a worship song... what's next, "Sock it to me, Jesus." (No disrespect or blasphemy intended... only humor and support).

A great vocal, a perfect mix...this is getting into pro territory for sure.

Brad -- My FAWM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Robert,

STOP!!! - You need to start a new thread called "FAWM submissions" - (or something like that)... so it's more recognizable when it "pops to the top". (And include links to the first 3)

I almost missed #2 (cool sound!!) and #3 (great job on "rockin' out" - a suggestion, though... on a rocker, bring the drums and guitars up(!) - about equal to the vocal - and add some more reverb to the vocal - to get that "rock sound") --- because they were "tucked in under" Remote Control....

floyd

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,396
Posts732,510
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195