Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#197938 - 03/11/13 10:47 PM [Off-Topic] Rumo(u)rs Of My Death Have Been Slightly Exaggerated!
Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
I've been asked to give an update on my health. The Mark Twain quote above sums it up perfectly, thanks Mark. I have too many wonderful blessings and exciting "haps" to exit stage left" just yet. I have but two rather simple requests: 1. To live long enough to sing again, and 2. To take all of you wonderful people with me when I go. Your combined positive thoughts and prayers have tremendous power so I petition them now, please.

I have a very serious viral infection lasting many weeks and draining my strength which has led to secondary infections that are pulling me down even more.

I sincerely appreciate the wonderful work that Bob (aka 90dB) has done on the joke topic so, I happily pass the baton over to his loving hand.

Now that I've sobbed and laid my heart out for all to see, I had better "exit stage left" or risk being thrown off. Knowing the Oyrish div'lment in me wee self, I may outlast y'all. Who or whom knows.

I have asked a dear friend to post when/if I do "exit stage left."

#197939 - 03/11/13 11:11 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Rumo(u)rs Of My Death Have Been Slightly Exaggerated! [Re: Don Gaynor]
Loc: California
Robh Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
Bradda, you beta hang on. One thing for sure we gotta get a band together on the other side
Toshiba dual core Win 7 8 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Professional, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, jazz bass clone, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#197940 - 03/11/13 11:23 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Rumo(u)rs Of My Death Have Been Slightly Exaggerated! [Re: Robh]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

St. Paddy's day is almost upon us and I'm praying your Irish eyes will be shining to celebrate Don.

Hang in there my friend.

#197941 - 03/11/13 11:37 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Rumo(u)rs Of My Death Have Been Slightly Exaggerated! [Re: Don Gaynor]
Loc: Austin, TX
Le Miz Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Austin, TX
Quote:

Your combined positive thoughts and prayers have tremendous power so I petition them now, please.

You better believe you're in my prayers (and have been)!

"You're like sunshine on a cloudy day" ((c) Smokey)

Not saying you're a girl, but otherwise I'd say that lyric fits you to a "T".

God Bless you, Don!!!

Edited by Le Miz (03/12/13 06:25 AM)

#197942 - 03/11/13 11:43 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Rumo(u)rs Of My Death Have Been Slightly Exaggerated! [Re: Le Miz]
Loc: 80 Mi North of Sacramento CA
seeker Offline
Veteran

Loc: 80 Mi North of Sacramento CA
Don,

Your an amazing man to do the work you do on the forum.

Our prayers, few tears are with you for strength ahead.

Your a good man!

Edited by seeker (03/11/13 11:47 PM)

Down The Street vs2015 12-03-2014
Win7, AMD QuadA8-5500,16GB,2TeraHD, Komplete 10
PG Ultra Plus 2016,Alesis 12USB, Sonar Platinum

#197943 - 03/12/13 12:02 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Rumo(u)rs Of My Death Have Been Slightly Exaggerated! [Re: seeker]
Loc: Henderson, NV
Curmudgeon Offline
Veteran

Loc: Henderson, NV
Don,

Keep looking up my friend to the One who promised to never leave or forsake us and to go with us until the end of the age.

The other Don

#197944 - 03/12/13 01:09 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Rumo(u)rs Of My Death Have Been Slightly Exaggerated! [Re: Curmudgeon]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Hi, Don.

Thanks for posting! Hang in there... hopefully a solid recovery will kick in really soon. I'll be praying for you... And working on some way to get you some vocals!

-- David

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#197945 - 03/12/13 01:16 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Rumo(u)rs Of My Death Have Been Slightly Exaggerated! [Re: Don Gaynor]
Loc: WV, USA
bobcflatpicker Offline
Veteran

Loc: WV, USA
Don,

You’re the only one on the forum besides me that knows who all of these outstanding and sometimes obscure flatpickers are. Most of these guys on the forum don’t even know who Tony Rice is! …… Much less David Grier, Bryan Sutton, Norman Blake and Russ Barenberg!

We have work to do brother. You don’t just know who they are, … you understand where they’re coming from.

Hang in there my friend. We need you around here.

#197946 - 03/12/13 01:27 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Rumo(u)rs Of My Death Have Been Slightly Exaggerated! [Re: bobcflatpicker]
PeterGannon Offline
PG Music Staff

Hi Don,
Hang in there good buddy, we'll all storm heaven to help get those bugs out of you.

#197947 - 03/12/13 05:23 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Rumo(u)rs Of My Death Have Been Slightly Exaggerated! [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: York, England
ROG Offline
Veteran

Loc: York, England
Don, my old pal.

You're my role model and a constant source of inspiration - I've never met anyone with a more positive attitude to life. I really hope you're going to stick around to inspire me for a bit longer.

ROG.

#197948 - 03/12/13 05:45 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Rumo(u)rs Of My Death Have Been Slightly Exaggerated! [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Galston, East Ayrshire, Scotla...
Joe Gordon Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Galston, East Ayrshire, Scotla...
Don, As someone else stated. "you are amazing" and I echo that!
I told you that you have been an inspiration to me, and you still are. You're up there in my thoughts & prayers........keep fighting that infection......continue to be "amazing!!"
Your Scottish friend, Joe G.

#197949 - 03/12/13 06:07 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Rumo(u)rs Of My Death Have Been Slightly Exaggerated! [Re: Joe Gordon]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Don,

Don't you dare "take that exit". We have just begun to get acquainted...

You are in my thoughts.

floyd

#197950 - 03/12/13 06:13 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Rumo(u)rs Of My Death Have Been Slightly Exaggerated! [Re: Joe Gordon]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Don,

all flesh is like the grass... it withers and fades away. And that includes all of us sooner or later.

In the time you've been granted on this planet, you have been a good friend, a good example, a good man. I hope that trend continues for a long time to come. But, when the time comes for it to end, I suspect you won't have many regrets. You've fought the fight, kept the faith, done unto others as you'd have them do unto you... and remained cheerful and positive in the face of your tribulation.

Like Paul and Silas singing from the depths of their prison cells, you have cultivated the will and attitude to sing from the depths of your own imprisonment. And when you finally do, I suspect it will be a song of praise, not of whining.

Thanks for your good friendship, good humour, good example and good memories. I only wish you enjoyed good health to go with it... but you will. "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not (yet) seen"

#197951 - 03/12/13 06:45 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Rumo(u)rs Of My Death Have Been Slightly Exaggerated! [Re: Pat Marr]
90 dB Offline
Veteran

Don,

No wee virus can harm a stout Irishman, don't you know? You have too many friends to go traipsin' off hither and thither!

Remember the motto (not “Up The Rebels!”) - but rather -

“Ná héirigh as choíche” - Never Give Up!

Your friend,

Bob

https://90dbband.bandcamp.com/

https://soundcloud.com/90-db

#197952 - 03/12/13 06:57 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Rumo(u)rs Of My Death Have Been Slightly Exaggerated! [Re: 90 dB]
Loc: Woodstock, NY
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: Woodstock, NY
These are the days of the endless summer
These are the days, the time is now
There is no past, there's only future
There's only here, there's only now... Van Morrison

Get better Don.

Bob

#197953 - 03/12/13 06:58 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Rumo(u)rs Of My Death Have Been Slightly Exaggerated! [Re: 90 dB]
Loc: Buford, GA
MikeK Offline
Veteran

Loc: Buford, GA
Don, hang in there, you tough old bird! LOL! You really are a remarkable individual. Just fun to be around (even in the virtual world of forums).

All the best,
Mike

My Music * PC: Avatar FX8366ice AMD FX-8350(4.0GHz) 16GB DDR3 6TB HDD+128GB SSD HDD Capacity NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB Win 10 64-Bit. AKAI EIE PRO Sound Interface. BIAB/RB 2018

#197954 - 03/12/13 07:02 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Rumo(u)rs Of My Death Have Been Slightly Exaggerated! [Re: MikeK]
Loc: Pensacola, Florida
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
Don, my prayers are with you. Hang in there!

HP Win10Pro-64, 8GB
ASUS Win10Pro-64, 16GB
HP Win7Pro-64, 8GB

H/W-Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD, Casio Kbds
S/W-BB/RB2018/Sonar/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web-http://www.sus4chord.com

#197955 - 03/12/13 07:26 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Rumo(u)rs Of My Death Have Been Slightly Exaggerated! [Re: jford]
Loc: wales
gibson Offline
Veteran

Loc: wales
All the bestest, Don.

give them viruses hell

Alyn

#197956 - 03/12/13 08:22 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Rumo(u)rs Of My Death Have Been Slightly Exaggerated! [Re: gibson]
Loc: Ireland
musiclover Offline
Expert

Loc: Ireland
Hey Don,

I was just outside me wee thatched cottage here in Ireland this moring and spotted one of the "little people" a leprechaun carrying his pot of gold off to place it at the end of the rainbow.

WIth one mighty swipe I had it off him, and I am now holding it to ransom unless he appers at the bottom of your bed and works his magic to get get rid of those viruses.

Gett well soon Don.

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 7 (32bit) and 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro,Band in a Box 2018 Cubase 5.0 and Cubase elements 7.0.

#197957 - 03/12/13 08:31 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Rumo(u)rs Of My Death Have Been Slightly Exaggerated! [Re: gibson]
Tommyc Offline
Veteran

Maybe a wee bottle of Jameson or Bushmills would perk ye up! It's sure to kill any virus Don!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® for Windows Online Manual - Chord List & Shortcuts

Visit the Chord List of our Online Manual, and you'll see all the chords that can be used within the program! The list includes a few Tricky Chords and Shortcut Chords that you may find useful too!

Tricky Chords:
C5b This is "C flat 5." It is spelled this way to avoid confusion.
C2, C5, C4, C69, C7alt, Cm7#5
You can type C-7 for Cm7 (i.e. use the minus sign) or C7-9 for C7b9.

Shortcut Chords
If you enter a lot of songs, you will appreciate these shortcut keys.
J = Maj7
H = m7b5 (H stands for Half diminished)
D = dim
S = 7sus

There's even information on how to add your own chord shortcuts - check it out!

Video Request Answered - Creating Intros, Bridges, and Endings in Band-in-a-Box®

Check out the newest support video created by Kent that explains how to create intros, bridges, and endings in Band-in-a-Box®! Click here to view...

The Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker Feature

If you have a folder of songs that you'd always like easy access to within Band-in-a-Box, make sure you familiarize yourself with The SongPicker feature, which access the folder that you choose and lock it to!

Access the SongPicker by clicking on the [Song] button next to the title of the song within the main screen of Band-in-a-Box. The first time the SongPicker is opened, you can choose the folder to use to create the list by selecting [Change] and navigating to your preferred directory. Once chosen, select [OK - Make Song List], and Band-in-a-Box does the rest... the next time you click on [Song], you'll be taken directly to your preferred folder!

Learn even more about this feature within Chapter 5 of our Online Manual, here.

Just Launched - The FAQ and Knowledge Base Forum!

If you have a question (or questions!) about Band-in-a-Box®, PowerTracks, RealBand®, or any other PG Music Inc. product - whether it be technical support or pre-sales, there's now an easy one-stop spot to find the answer - our FAQ and Knowledge Base Forum!

Don't want to read through the 600+ posts? Use the Search FAQ option, and you can choose your key search terms to locate the topic and answer you're looking for!

Common pre-sales questions about our products, ordering, and delivery:
Pre-Sales

Technical support & troubleshooting by product:
Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Band-in-a-Box® for Mac
RealBand® for Windows
PowerTracks Pro® Audio for Windows
Other Products

There's even a Request New FAQs forum, if you didn't see your question answered anywhere!

Over 190 Saxophone RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

Today's the day we say "Happy Birthday" to Adolphe Sax, the creator of the Saxophone!
(Adolphe was born November 6, 1814 - 32 years later he patended his saxophone creation!)

We have more than 190 Saxophone RealTracks available for Band-in-a-Box with the following RealTracks Sets - review the complete list here.

Check our our Saxophonist programs for Windows:
The Jazz Saxophonist
The Rock Saxophonist

Customers LOVE Band-in-a-Box®!

Here's some of the amazing feedback we've received lately, from program users just like you!

Arthritic fingers means I find it very difficult to play anything. This program is amazing - and it does use real musicians!
-Bob E.

The power of this program is just unbelievable! It's been a best kept secret for a couple of decades now. A song writer's dream!
-Mike D

This band can practice any time of day ...LOL
-William G

Band-in-a-Box works so simple you could teach a child to do it within minutes - the RealTracks are amazing. Doing an album as we speak. I challenge you to give it a try. I am 60 years old and even though I've played 50 years, I am no engineer. But as a song writer I needed some effective tools to create quality production of my work. This is IT! It's as easy as typing and filling in the blanks. The instructional videos allow you to change settings while watching the pro. I myself purchased every "RealTrack" I could get... Take it from me, don't let this overwhelm you. It is absolutely a writer and solo artist dream!
-John S

Best part of Band-in-a-Box is that it saves me having to program drums, the Real Drummer part of the software is brilliant and natural sounding. I then layer real instruments with guys from my band. As a songwriter, Band-in-a-Box has saved me so much time it's ridiculous.
-Andy B

Incredible Software. Great for ignorance and experts and for anyone who wants to deal with music. If you do not have a hobby and want to have one "Band-in-a-Box" is the best choice. Simple, but if you want to be an expert on it, you need to make an effort to master it perfectly for perfect use. The only disadvantage is if you do not want to become a musician, and use it, you will become a perfect musician. Therefore, be cautious. It's not a toy. ;)
-Ilija B.

Been a BIAB man since '92, such a comprehensive source for music making! So much more to offer than "loops", it allows actual music composition to be realized. Evolve from harmonic ignorance and find out what REAL music is made of!
-Don D.

A must for any musician who wants to improve on his own, or to share his musical ideas in a professional high quality rendition.. You just play with the best musicians and that's great ♪ :)
-Jean-Marie D.

I use Band in a Box all the time. I couldn't be more pleased. It's easy to use and it sounds super-big time!
-Max R.

An excellent tool for generating backing tracks. Saves me hours of MIDI programming. Combines the best of MIDI and live audio samples.
-Steve A.

Video Help - My Band-in-a-Box® Won't Open!

Our NEW I want a video that shows me how to .... forum is off to a GREAT start! We've answered the common question/issue of "My program won't open!" with the following video: How To: Return to Factory Settings outside Band-in-a-Box (Win).

Want to see a video about a particular issue your having with the program? Post your request here, we're happy to help!!

Forum Stats
28186 Members
59 Forums
54856 Topics
454682 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
fpenguin, skayaz, MCPAR, jose santos, Don White

28186 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 196
Rustyspoon# 136