You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#198821 - 03/20/13 05:16 PM [User Showcase] Nashville – Norway, Norville – Nashway – THANKS, PG MUSIC!
molsenhouse Offline
Journeyman

The last release on YouTube – a musicvideo with the best bus-company and garage ever!!!

Check it yourself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ8DnUHPGQg

These are the tracks generated from BiaB:

RealTracks in style: 379:Bass, Electric, Country DoubleTime Ev 088
RealTracks in song: 1406:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm Soul70sSteady Ev16 100
RealTracks in style: 378:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming DoubleTime Ev 088
RealTracks in song: 378:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming DoubleTime Ev 088
RealDrums: RealDrums in Style: NashvilleSouthern^02-a:Sidestick, HiHat , b:Snare, Hihat

Everything else is recorded, edited and mixed in Digital Performer and mastered in WaveLab.

Thanks PG for making a wonderful software – and the great opportunity to make new music sound good, and have a lot of fun! :-)

#198822 - 03/20/13 05:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: Nashville – Norway, Norville – Nashway – THANKS, PG MUSIC! [Re: molsenhouse]
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi Molsenhouse,

the video transports a lot of fun.
It surely wasn't easy to manage all these
people. They seem to enjoy it.
So did I.
I especially liked the brass.
Only would like to have a translation of the lyrics.

Guenter

#198823 - 03/20/13 05:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: Nashville – Norway, Norville – Nashway – THANKS, PG MUSIC! [Re: boehm]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Hi Molsenhouse,

+1 to all that Guenter said. Terrific video. Great tracks and mix. Very enjoyable.

Were the horns real? - They certainly sounded like they were.

floyd

#198824 - 03/20/13 06:45 PM [User Showcase] Re: Nashville – Norway, Norville – Nashway – THANKS, PG MUSIC! [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: WEST MIDLANDS, UK
sixchannel Offline
Expert

Loc: WEST MIDLANDS, UK
Looks like everyone was having lots of fun.
Great video. Great song. I wonder what the lyrics are?
Lol!
Excellent!
Cheers
Ian

ALL TRACKS - https://app.box.com/s/501rnzrbadng1elvi45hbf7y08kl5oxp

SOUNDCLOUD UPDATED - tracks that were made entirely using BIAB -
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel

#198825 - 03/20/13 07:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: Nashville – Norway, Norville – Nashway – THANKS, PG MUSIC! [Re: sixchannel]
Loc: Lake Keowee, South Carolina
MountainSide Offline
Expert

Loc: Lake Keowee, South Carolina
Looks like everyone there was having a good time making that vid. I had a good time watching it. Thanks for posting.
Win10, Intel i7 7700K 4.2Ghz, 32Gb RAM, 2x1Tb HD, 500Gb NVMe, BIAB/RB current 2020 builds, MOTU 828MK3 audio, MOTU Midi Express, Yamaha DX7II, TX802, Motif XS Rack, Roland Fantom XR Rack, Oberheim Matrix 1000, VoiceLive Touch, Kontakt 5.8, SampleTank 4.09

#198826 - 03/21/13 02:17 AM [User Showcase] Re: Nashville – Norway, Norville – Nashway – THANKS, PG MUSIC! [Re: MountainSide]
Loc: Kentucky
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kentucky
Very nice video work, as well as the music! Thanks for sharing!

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.

#198827 - 03/21/13 03:07 AM [User Showcase] Re: Nashville – Norway, Norville – Nashway – THANKS, PG MUSIC! [Re: PgFantastic]
Loc: South Africa
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
Hi Molsenhouse

Very very nice. What a great way to start of a public holiday and a day off work. Such fun. I would also love to see the English lyrics.

#198828 - 03/21/13 06:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: Nashville – Norway, Norville – Nashway – THANKS, PG MUSIC! [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi Molsenhouse,

I totally agree with everyone else. The music and video were very engaging and lots of fun. Excellent work on every level.

Regards,
Noel

#198829 - 03/21/13 09:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: Nashville – Norway, Norville – Nashway – THANKS, PG MUSIC! [Re: Noel96]
molsenhouse Offline
Journeyman

Thanks a lot! :-)

… lyrics in english, wow – that's hard; the norwegian lyric is a rough dialect, but without rhymes the message is something like this:

Highway-knights

Highway-Knights – that’s us!
We drive the bus in Suldal and around
Every day trip by road is long
But, Highway-knights keep driving on

Highway 13 is our road
Up and down year after 'year
The road is still here
That’s how it is beeing a bus driver

We drive the bus in Suldal and around
Every day trip by road is long

Pupils from all small places around
Have to be driven to school on and on
But this are the best kids a driver can drive
They makas a bus driver joyfull

Highway-Knight – it’s 'him!
He drives us safely to school each day
Sometimes we all fool around
But, Highway-knight smiles sweetly; don’t do it again!

"I remember once in Bratlandsdal
The bus was great and the road was narrow
There I met a trailer from Hordaland
300 meters I had to drive backwards, so he could pass"

’cause, Highway-Knights – that’s us!
We drive 'bus in Suldal and around
A trip to the city makes a long workingday

Once in a while, the bus stops
The bus is dead and will not start
But then I call our garage
Where the boys fixing busses and make them run

’cause, Highway-Knights – that’s us!
We fix busses in Suldal and around
Snow and rocks can make the road dangerous
But, Highway-knights keep going on

When the day is over, we have to wash the vehicle
For the bus must shine - no doubt about that
If people have dressed, and like to go to a party far away
We drive bus together with the South West Company

Every day trip on the road is long
If our dream shall come true
A yellow line in the middle of the road from Røldal the Sand!

Enjoy!

#198830 - 03/21/13 06:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: Nashville – Norway, Norville – Nashway – THANKS, PG MUSIC! [Re: molsenhouse]
TexasHeartRush Offline
Apprentice

moisenhouse...this is really really terrific! Such a collective fun energy you captured with your comrades and our little ones. Great work. Very inspiring. Highway Knights ride on!

Cheers!

#198831 - 03/23/13 03:16 PM [User Showcase] Re: Nashville – Norway, Norville – Nashway – THANKS, PG MUSIC! [Re: TexasHeartRush]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Quote:

moisenhouse...this is really really terrific! Such a collective fun energy you captured with your comrades and our little ones. Great work. Very inspiring. Highway Knights ride on!

Cheers!

A BIG +1

This was a super fun watch. You did a fantastic job on both the music and the video.

Many thumbs up for you and all of your cast!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#198832 - 03/25/13 05:21 PM [User Showcase] Re: Nashville – Norway, Norville – Nashway – THANKS, PG MUSIC! [Re: MarioD]
Loc: United Kingdom
Paul Haynes Offline
Journeyman

Loc: United Kingdom
I enjoyed that video even though I had no idea what they were singing! LOL

#198833 - 03/27/13 07:58 AM [User Showcase] Re: Nashville – Norway, Norville – Nashway – THANKS, PG MUSIC! [Re: Paul Haynes]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Great multimedia! Like Floyd, I'm also curious as to whether the horns were real.

#198834 - 04/01/13 07:49 AM [User Showcase] Re: Nashville – Norway, Norville – Nashway – THANKS, PG MUSIC! [Re: Janice & Bud]
molsenhouse Offline
Journeyman

thanks a lot for the feedback! :-)

floyd and mootsman; the hornz are from a roland xv-5080, PR-E:101 Lil 'BigHornz
used some time tweaking the volume and expression to make it sound real

#198835 - 04/03/13 07:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: Nashville – Norway, Norville – Nashway – THANKS, PG MUSIC! [Re: molsenhouse]
Loc: Sulphur Springs, TX
Charlie McG Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Sulphur Springs, TX
Song and video were very good. But missed the message cause I don't speak the language. Noticed an Esso sign in the video. Exxon hasn't been Esso in years and years. At least in the USA. Enjoyed it a lot.

#198836 - 04/03/13 09:16 AM [User Showcase] Re: Nashville – Norway, Norville – Nashway – THANKS, PG MUSIC! [Re: Charlie McG]
Loc: Charlotte, NC
Tano Music Offline
Expert

Loc: Charlotte, NC
Wow..that was awesome! Great song, wonderful arrangement, fun and professional video...has it all!

I've never worked at a place where everyone was so happy!

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® - Trombone RealTracks!

Happy National Trombone Players Day!

To all the trombone players out there - this is a day to celebrate you (no joke...)! Not a trombone player? Good news - if you have the Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK, UltraPAK+ or Audiophile Edition, you have a two AMAZING trombone players in your band already!

Dennis Esson:
RealTracks Set 144: Dixieland – Fast Soloists
RealTracks Set 178: Dixieland - Medium Soloists

Ian McDougall:
RealTracks Set 13: Older Jazz Swing Soloists
RealTracks Set 15: Mainstream Swing
RealTracks Set 17: Bossa
RealTracks Set 19: Jazz Ballad

Welcome to the Team David!

We are thrilled to say that we've added David to our Customer Service Team here at PG Music!

You may have already noticed him - he's already made his appearance here on the Forums, chiming in with assistance and User Showcase Song Feedback.

Welcome to the team David!

Updated Song Titles Browser in Band-in-a-Box® 2020!

If you're looking for a Band-in-a-Box® Style in the feel of a familiar/popular song title, then the Song Titles Browser option in the Band-in-a-Box® StylePicker is the perfect feature for you!

With Band-in-a-Box® 2020, we’ve added 3,400 more song titles including requests from users, so there are now 14,000 titles to search from!

Just type in a familiar song title or artist name - once you have found the song, press the [OK - Find Matching Styles] button. This will take you to the StylePicker window with styles that best match the tempo, feel, and genre of the selected song title.

Didn't find the song you were searching for? Post your title request to our Wishlist forum: Songs to add to Band-in-a-Box Titles database - we think that the 3,400 new titles added with Version 2020 is proof that we're paying attention!

Learn more about the different features of the Band-in-a-Box® StylePicker here.

SongPicker Enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac!

The Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker has been enhanced with our newest 2020 version!

The SongPicker now builds faster for large song lists (>30K and up to 60,000 songs). The [Song] button (or the [Open] button) now has 3 additional menu items to launch the SongPicker.

- Open SongPicker in Current Folder: This opens the SongPicker in the current folder of the last loaded song.
- Open SongPicker in Home Folder: This opens the SongPicker in the home folder, which is Applications/Band-in-a-Box/MySongs or as set in the SongPicker.
- Open SongPicker in Favorite Folder: This launches the Favorite Folder dialog which allows you to choose any previously used folder where a song was loaded from, and then open the SongPicker in that folder.

In the SongPicker, there is a new “Open in Home” option. If this is enabled, the SongPicker will always open in the home folder instead of the current folder when you press the default [Song] button to open the SongPicker.

Searching for songs matching a chord progression or melody has been enhanced. There are three new checkboxes: "Key must match exactly," "Chord Extension must match exactly", and "Time Signature must match."

Click here to jump to the SongPicker subject in our New Features video to learn more. (32:11)

(read more about this feature in our Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Mac Online Upgrade Manual.)

We Have a $0 Down Easy Payment Plan!

Did you know... you don't have to pay for your Band-in-a-Box® (or other PG Music Inc. products) purchase right away? We offer an Easy Payment Plan! With our $0 down payment option, purchase today and don't pay for 30 days! The total of your invoice will be split equally, and charged every 30 days for 4 months after the initial purchase date. You can enjoy your software, with four convenient monthly payments for Visa, MasterCard, and American Express, with no added interest charges or service fees!

To choose this option, add your purchase to the Shopping Cart, and begin the checkout process. Step 3 of this process allows you to choose between:
[]Pay full amount now.
[]Easy Payment Plan. Pay $0 now, and four monthly payments, starting one month from now.

If you choose the Easy Payment Plan, simply agree to the RECURRING BILLING / EASY PAYMENT PLAN TERMS AND CONDITIONS and your order will be processed right away! That's right - choosing this payment option won't delay you receiving your order - even if you choose to have your order shipped, you'll still have the download links available to you - there's no need to wait!

User Tip - Band-in-a-Box Video Score (Win/Mac)

Check out a great tip Pipeline shared for creating a video score!

Have a tip of your own to share? Feel free to post it to our Tips & Tricks forum!

Thanks for sharing, Pipeline!

New "Feature Browser" in Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac

Band-in-a-Box® has so many features! We add 50 new ones with every version, so you may have forgotten all the different things that Band-in-a-Box® can do. Fortunately, with the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2020 we've solved this issue by added a Feature Browser!

How does it work? Access this feature by clicking on the [?] button on the main screen of the program or pressing the / Enter keys on the Chord Sheet. This dialog lists many features of the program and allows you to browse them, find the feature by text filter, read descriptions about the feature, find how to launch the feature, access to the online information or video about the feature, and do more.

Examples of a few situations where this feature is helpful:

-You know about a feature but don't know how to find it. Just type a part of the feature name and you'll see the hotkeys, menu, and toolbar info on how to launch it. For example, if you want to launch the Chord Builder but don’t know how to do it, type "builder" in the text filter, and you will quickly find the Chord Builder.
-You are exploring available features for Band-in-a-Box. For example, if you are a guitar player, type the word "guitar" and you'll see what's available.
-You prefer "one-stop-shopping" and would like to launch features from the same dialog.
-You are learning the program and like to browse or watch videos about topics you're interested in.
You can't remember hotkeys and want to review them.

Watch this new feature in action when you jump to the subject in our New Features video: 10:20 - New Feature - Feature Browser

(read more about this feature in our Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Mac Online Upgrade Manual.)

Forum Stats
31545 Members
65 Forums
63270 Topics
535469 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Gary F, 123mataus, esamama, PrdPapa, Emmywally

31545 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 226
Matt Finley 170