Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Don, the new forum should not have changed your settings, but go to My Stuff, Settings. You can allow PMs and also choose to be notified by email. The flashing red indicator for a received PM is still the same.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Don......

DON'T DO THAT AGAIN!!! OK?????

floyd

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I wondered why she said you weren't up to talking, but at least she told you I called. Can you put us all on a call list so we can send your answering machine the latest jokes in case this happens again?

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Don, the new forum should not have changed your settings, but go to My Stuff, Settings. You can allow PMs and also choose to be notified by email. The flashing red indicator for a received PM is still the same.

Matthew, I was notified this time but not on 90dB's PM yesterday. Probably a glitch or something. I'll probably get over it eventually.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Tommyc
I wondered why she said you weren't up to talking, but at least she told you I called. Can you put us all on a call list so we can send your answering machine the latest jokes in case this happens again?

Tommy, I'd love hearing from you crazy characters. I can PM my room phone number to anyone interested. I believe it blocks out-of-area and long distance calls though. I'll PM it to you for a test. My crazy Canadian cousin, Helen, leaves me messages, albeit in Canadian, eh?

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Welcome back Don! Although you had me worried I just thought that you had gone to a different bar for a vacation grin

I’m glad your health didn’t take a turn for the nu- confused --worst cool

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Glad to see you back! smile

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I was relieved to get your email and to see you posting again Don.

I was worried about my ole Irish buddy. It only took a few days of you not being around here for you to be missed. That speaks volumes about how much you mean to the PG folks.

Welcome back old friend.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Welcome back Don! Although you had me worried I just thought that you had gone to a different bar for a vacation grin

I were only in the oothoos across the Canadian border near MooseJaw, Mario.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Don Gaynor
Originally Posted By: MarioD

I were only in the oothoos across the Canadian border near MooseJaw, Mario.

HOLY CRAP shocked Really wink

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Tommyc
The Nurse on Duty said he is just fine! smile

Very interesting, she (nobody) never/ever even came in to check on me.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
They may have seen that your avatar was still dancing! lol

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Glad you're back!!! grin

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I got a phone call from Josie Beck yesterday. That really made my day. Even though I can't speak, it's wonderful to be thought of.

Yesterday was the first really Spring day we've had. We've had 70F+ a few days but high winds prevented gazebo parking. Well, yesterday was in the high 70s and calm. The Blue Jays and Cardinals were really putting on a show in colors and song. When I finally came in at dark I heard the sweet voice of Josie (aka Sundance) on my answering machine. That was the icing on the proverbial cake. Thanks, my friend.

TommyC also had called and left an encouraging message the day before. Thanks, Tommy. Tommy and I discussed (by PM) the possibility of setting up a 2-way with my Dynavox. There are some logistics to overcome but I'm looking forward to that.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Don Gaynor
The Blue Jays and Cardinals were really putting on a show

So, who won Don, and what was the score? laugh

Cheers,
Keith
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Don,
I've been absent from the forums for quite some time. My keyboard is in pieces, trying to get a functioning part to repair it. The last two were DOA or dead shortly after arrival. On top of that, I've had my own medical issues, which culminated today in a cardiac stress test. So, I'm waiting on the results of that.

However, first thing I saw in the Off Topic forum when I logged in was 'Anybody heard from Don?'

So, allow me to say that it gives me great pleasure to know that you are still here, doing what you always do, and are okay? Now, what kind of mouse to you need? It is some special one, or will anyone do? I think I have a Microsoft wireless laying around here, but I'll have to check.

Gary

I'm blessed watching God do what He does best. I've had a few rough years, and I'm still not back to where I want to be, but I'm on the way and things are looking far better now than what they were!
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:
Now, what kind of mouse to you need? It is some special one, or will anyone do? I think I have a Microsoft wireless laying around here, but I'll have to check.

Gary, thanks but Matt jumped in on that problem and sent me a vertical mouse. I'm having help setting it up today. It should compensate for my worsening dexterity. A standard mouse has become difficult to manipulate.

You have been missed around here too. How's things in the Nortwoods, my favorite place on the planet?

Thanks for your kindness.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Gary, I have an extra USB keyboard that you are welcome to have. I also have a Gateway wireless but I've mislaid the dongle. It's the early style requiring a dongle.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Don,
I've been experiencing a lack of energy, tired all the time, massive weight gain, and a whole bunch of other nasty stuff. Obviously, everyone, myself included, went 'well, you're putting on all this weight, so start walking to take it off.' The problem with that was, I'd get home at night from work, and fall into bed for three to four hours.

Finally, after a whole bunch of other stuff, my doc and I decided to test my testosterone level. Regular levels are supposed to be 250-1100, and mine was 118!

Well, good, maybe we found the problem. So, we set up an injection regime, but you know, nothing really was working. I didn't get that jubilant 'OMG, I'm superman' feeling that so many people do get. Well, we went five or six injections, and by that time, I should be on the top of the world, but really, no change. . . except I now have pitting edemas, and my weight has gone up 20+ pounds in a matter of a couple of weeks. Hmmmm, that's not good.
Did more blood work to check the T level, and instead of 118, it's now 1634! What???
Day before my next appointment with the doc, I wake up and can not breathe. I staggered into the Urgent Care clinic, doc looks at me, has an X-Ray taken, does an EKG, changes my diuretic to Lasix, and I'm starting to feel a little better. The radiologist calls the doc, worried about a possible dark spot on my lung, and also that my heart is enlarged. Hmmmm. Did another blood draw to check for indicators of a blood clot, but come back negative.
Okay, back to work. Get a phone call from the cardiologist's office. We'd like to schedule your echocardiogram. Oh yeah, really? What echocardiogram? The one your doctor ordered. Okay, wish they had told me about it. So, did the echo, talked to the doc on Monday, no, I don't have an enlarged heart, but I do have a thick muscled heart. This can be considered diastolic heart failure. We don't know how bad it is yet, so yesterday, I had a stress test. Walking, and that's all I did was fast walk, to get my heart rate up to 140, felt like I was going to die, but it got done.

So, now, I'm waiting to hear from the cardio and what the before and after test results look like. Since I'm off today, I'm going to go relax by going to the range and shoot some rifles, and pistols, and stuff.

As always, I'm glad you're still around to keep us on our toes.

Gary

I'm blessed watching God do what He does best. I've had a few rough years, and I'm still not back to where I want to be, but I'm on the way and things are looking far better now than what they were!
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Damn, Gary tell those physicians of your's to get their act together and figure out what is going on.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,582
Posts734,690
Members38,499
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai
38,499 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200