Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17
Matt Finley #210035 07/21/13 06:53 PM
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Apprentice
Apprentice
wow I didn't know Band in a Box was 20 years old. When I buy it soon for the first time it should be incredible. Ok well back in 2005 composing your song using BIAB then giving that track to the musicians really got things rolling for you a lot faster. The muscians could play along with your track at home for a week or so to be ready for the studio. But as you say now you can do something great with BIAB alone. Hey why don't you start working on some new BIAB productions? Just BIAB with your trumpet or whatever horn produced on your pc? Do something like that for an example. Who knows what I will do. Maybe since I will have this program I can maybe learn a few more instruments. It isn't too late. I may be 46 but I can start playing the trumpet or Ukulele or make my albums sound interesting. I just play guitar a little. All the easy chords and some bar chords. Nothing real tricky. And I know how to play arpeggio to make it sound good. I am also buying a TC Helicon product for my vocals. I am looking at the VoiceLive Play and the VoiceLive Touch.

Mac #210039 07/21/13 07:15 PM
Apprentice
Apprentice
So I guess BIAB isn't ready to create a grammy award winning album yet but it is getting close. I will become a better muscian because of it, a better songwriter. A Songwriter of more than just country songs. I wrote the collection of country years back because it was easy. The easy chords and all. But really my country voice isn't me since I don't really have an accent. Though Australian country singer Keith Urban changes his accent for his singing. Anyway I like to sing Sinatra, Tony Bennett, Perry Como, Dean Martin, a lot of Jazz Standards. But it takes a lot of work to get to be as good as them with a perfect flowing vibrato and everything else. I am getting close to being a professional singer but I still need to keep working on it.

Matt Finley #210040 07/21/13 07:28 PM
Apprentice
Apprentice
You can hear some of my shabby recordings on www.JazzyShow.com. I have a YouTube demo. The effects on my voice isn't much of anything. It all takes time to sing like Sinatra lol. I might have to write some songs in the style of Chet Baker with some clear tone singing. Try that style out also.

Matt Finley #210041 07/21/13 07:32 PM
Apprentice
Apprentice
Just some virtual world shows singing an hour of karaoke tracks is what that is. BiaB will take me to a new level!!

Flatfoot #210042 07/21/13 09:08 PM
Apprentice
Apprentice
By the way are you in this for BiaB or to break the record for posting? I haven't heard anything about what you do. Any recording links or anything. Just you beating down my avatar like a dirty little red headed stepchild lol. If you are a true producer let me hear what you have came up with. I will critique it fairly. Pay no attention to my frivolous avatar. Think about BiaB and what you will do when you get the new version coming out soon.

Flatfoot #210061 07/22/13 06:14 AM
Apprentice
Apprentice
I know you are trying to make 2000 posts. No need to rush and put frivolous avatar critiques out. Give us some insight on the program. Show your expertise. That is what the community wants. Go for it. We are all listening now. We want to know what your BiaB mind is about. We want to know the ins'and out's of the program. Give us the links to your productions. We would really like to hear them. I won't play harsh Hollywood producer and critique them down to a B movie on a bad day. I will bring up he positive points. Allow you to shine as much as I think you deserve. Wow!

Sly Ruby #210075 07/22/13 09:04 AM
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: SlyRuby
You can hear some of my shabby recordings on www.JazzyShow.com. I have a YouTube demo. The effects on my voice isn't much of anything. It all takes time to sing like Sinatra lol. I might have to write some songs in the style of Chet Baker with some clear tone singing. Try that style out also.

Jerry,

the samples you posted sound great! Given the style of music that is your strength, I predict that you will absolutely love BIAB! Many of the included styles are a perfect match for the jazzy songs you sing so well!

Welcome to the forum! I look forward to hearing your first submission to the Users Showcase
(That's where people who use this software post original songs they've recorded using PGMusic products)

earl kirby #210096 07/22/13 12:43 PM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: earl kirby
Some one needs to write BIAB for dummies. I sure would buy it!

I wish someone would do a "RealBand for Dummies"... I'd snap it up in an instant. Every time I try to pull it out and learn it, I get frustrated within an hour and just close it and move on...

Yeah, I know...."It's easy--if you know how..." But for some reason I just cannot seem to make any headway with it.

A "Dummies" book, please?!? Anyone?!?

And I'll add +1 for the Beta-testers!...

I would also like to add that I think it's time for a MAJOR overhaul of the built-in HELP functions... Thanks!

Last edited by LadyJazzer; 07/22/13 12:51 PM.

"You play pretty good--for a girl."
Pat Marr #210166 07/22/13 11:36 PM
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hey Pat Marr,

Thanks for the compliment on my singing. I hope to keep improving my skills. I want to buy some effects from TC-Helicon to improve the sound of my voice also. You can double your voice and tons of different things. There is VoiceLive Touch I am considering and VoiceLive Play. The quality is professional. Many pros use their equipment.

But of course I have to sing quality into it to really sound great. I know it will build my confidence also so that will be good for me. One of my projects I want to do with BiaB is Bossa Nova style music. Sinatra collaborated with Antonio Carlos Jobim for a while. He was the originator of Bossa Nova they claim. Songs like Quiet Nights, One Note Samba, Wave, Girl From Ipanema, Triste, Meditation, Dindi. Songs like that. Look for them on YouTube.

So I am planning on attemping to do something similar to these songs. With BiaB I have a good chance. There is so many different styles and I see Bossa Nova also. In the past I wrote me a collection of Country songs because when I was 20 or so I learned to fabricate a good country western accent and I just wrote a big collection with some basic chords. I still of course have my collection of songs I wrote and in fact I will be producing them in BiaB also. But country isn't my main desire here. But I will have some fun with it.

I plan on producing a few different artists from my record company Artist Virtual Records. All my artists will just be online bands or singers. 3d Virtual World artists. Like Gorillaz were considered a cartoon band. Very successful. There were many more cartoon bands in the past. But now we need Virtual World success. It just means I can be anyone I want to be. I actually only plan on being the artists that I produce with my record company. No plans for anyone else.

One is a band I call Frychester. You can see a picture of my band on www.Frychester.com. So you can see the three avatars that will be the stars. I believe my country western productions will be Jerry Angel. But I am singing in Second Life as Jerry Angel and singing Jazz Standards..lol..anyway as you can see even before I own BiaB it has me doing some thinking. My dreams of being a star is back! I will produce the best albums I can and sell them digitally all over the world with using my record company with a great distributor called Mondo Tunes. Check out that company. They also have CD Baby. CD Baby will make your CD's for 4 dollars..but Amazon will do it for 3 dollars if you buy 100. But I am not sure if that means they ship them all to you at once then you have to ship them. CD Baby ships them.

Ok now I am just type happy on this. Anyway yes I am waiting for this to come out. I was a little impatient going to pgmusic looking to see if it is out yet but I am not worried about it. I changed my mindset. I want them to take all month because they might be in the studio now producing some more hours to really pack it with a lot of new tracks. But of coure to me they are all new since I don't own it yet. So I am sure it will be great.

Also thanks for telling me that I will really like it with the genre that I sing. So there must be a lot of potential to produce some songs in the Jazz Vocal genre...and hopefully Bossa Nova also. Oh I was just thinking you called me Jerry. I thought how did he know that? My website Jerry Angel...ok lol..I have many singing Aliases lol.

SlyRuby aka Jerry Angel, aka Frychester lol

Sly Ruby #210167 07/22/13 11:40 PM
Apprentice
Apprentice
I had a typo...it is Quiet Nights of Quiet Stars also called corcovado

Sly Ruby #210168 07/22/13 11:42 PM
Apprentice
Apprentice
Wow I wrote a novel!

Pat Marr #210291 07/24/13 09:47 AM
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
OK, we need an emoticon for IMPATIENCE!

I'm ready for 2013.5

I WANT 2013.5 - O - METER
0___________________/_100

(please?)

Pat Marr #210293 07/24/13 10:50 AM
Veteran
Veteran
Welllllll!

Last edited by seeker; 07/24/13 10:52 AM.

FrankB

Down The Street vs2015 12-03-2014
Win7, AMD QuadA8-5500,16GB,2TeraHD, Komplete 10
PG Ultra Plus 2016,Alesis 12USB, Sonar Platinum
Sly Ruby #210325 07/24/13 06:13 PM
Veteran
Veteran
Okay no more critiques. It's a tuxedo, by the way.

See my Youtube channel, listed below.

Last edited by flatfoot; 07/24/13 06:42 PM.

Flatfoot sez: Call me when 'Talent-in-a-Box' is ready to ship! -- [8{>

Got some tunes on You Tube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/flatfoot50
My BiaB lesson site:
http://jdwolfe0.wixsite.com/learnbiab
Flatfoot #210345 07/25/13 01:26 AM
Apprentice
Apprentice
Great it's a truce then...I am checking out your songs. You produced them all in BaiB? Sounding good

Pat Marr #210436 07/25/13 10:54 PM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
... could we please come back to the initial meaning of the topic?
... or at least re-name it Sly Ruby´s self portrait...

Pat Marr #210455 07/26/13 06:04 AM
Journeyman
Journeyman
Today has to be The day, I'm sure ,
I'mkeeping all my fingers crossed and I close my eyes and..........Dream, dream, dream.................2013.5???????

Rob de Klerk, Dutch singer-songwriter
https://www.robdeklerk.nl

Biab 2023, Cakewalk, N.I. Komplete 14, Win 10,64, Ozone 9 elements suite, Presonus studio 24c
rodipoet #210490 07/26/13 11:41 AM
Journeyman
Journeyman
13:40 central standard time and still no 2013.5. Doesn't look like it will be today..... Of course I like a few others are waiting with baited breath but to no avail. Maybe next week... would be nice if a beta tester would at least say that yes indeed they have been testing it so it will be coming.

Dell 610 dual Monitor, win 7-10, Sonar Plat, ProTools 10 & 11, Reaper 4, BIAB/real Band 2022, Easy Drummer, Superior Drummer, Kontact Essentials, Personnel Orchestra, Korg Legacy Analog & Digital
Pat Marr #210491 07/26/13 12:05 PM
Veteran
Veteran
Earl, beta testers agree not to make any comment whatsoever until the product is released.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Pat Marr #210498 07/26/13 01:44 PM
Veteran
Veteran
"...a wink is a good as a nod to a blind horse".

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,628
Posts735,223
Members38,522
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
SYOTR, Steve Smith, Bpnsrinu, DanyLevy, Arnav Singh
38,522 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 185