Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
This forum and the folks in it are so very cool...

I put a "wish" into the Wishlist forum asking for more rock soloing tracks. I've been doing several productions recently that are a little more uptempo - typically Country Rock type things - and have found that after auditioning all the soloists that I am landing on the same one (or 2 or 3) most of the time. They are great, but after doing several songs, you begin to hear licks that you like.. popping up more often than you would like..

Well... Tommy Cole (tommyc) "hollered at me" that he might do some leads for me while I wait for that wish to come true... (for those who might be "new", Tommy does very cool stuff, but has not posted in the Showcase for quite some time).

I had just finished this song at the time. While I liked what I had for leads, they weren't quite what I was after... so I sent it to Tommy and he "did his thang"...

So that you get a sense of who is who...
At the very beginning, I play an opening lick (you will hear it embedded at the end, as well) - it should be in your left speaker.
As that is ending, Tommy chimes in for a short one (should be on the right).
Everything else that you hear on the left is "Brent tracks".
Tommy and "Brent tracks" trade off throughout.. Tommy, right.. B, left..

Tommy - A whoppin' big "Thank You", man!

Hope you enjoy it (it's a tad different for me)... Comments Encouraged.

BAD ENOUGH

sometimes the things we want
seem a little out of reach
i ain't got that red ferrari
or a condo on the beach
but when i was young, my daddy taught me
a lesson 'bout hanging tough
he said "you can get anything you want
but you gotta want it bad enough"

i want you
bad, bad, bad
there's no stopping my heart
it's a runaway train
on a one way track
come hell or high water
i'm gonna win your love
i want you.... bad enough

sometimes you gotta move mountains
sometimes you gotta take a dare
sometimes it takes the sweat of your brow
sometimes it takes prayer
but no matter how absolutely, positively, totally
impossible.... what you dream of
you can get anything you want
but you gotta want it bad enough

repeat chorus

The RealTracks...
RealTracks in style: ~~1010:Bass, Electric, BritInvasion Ev 140
RealTracks in style: 1563:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm BritBluesInvasionJohn Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 698:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm ElecRockDirty Ev 120 (A:muted)
RealTracks in song: 699:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm ElecRockDirty Ev 120 (B:sust)
RealTracks in song: 1169:Guitar, Electric, Soloist RockMediumBrent Ev 120
RealDrums in style: RockClassicBritEv^1-a:Snare, Closed HiHat , b:Snare, Ride Bell

floyd

OH! Almost forgot..... CRANK IT UP!!!

Last edited by floyd jane; 08/30/13 09:04 AM. Reason: the usual...
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Floyd, Tommy,
What a dual team you make.

Loved the guitar work, really added lot to the production.

Floyd,
Little bit away from your norm, but just loved the lyrics, your
vocals, and the entire production.

You two guys nailed this.

Thanks for your hard work and sharing!

FrankB

Down The Street vs2015 12-03-2014
Win7, AMD QuadA8-5500,16GB,2TeraHD, Komplete 10
PG Ultra Plus 2016,Alesis 12USB, Sonar Platinum
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Floyd !

I am out of words......!
I enjoyed this rocker
immensely, had to start
tappin´......

Cheers
Dani

PS

My avatar follows the fashion
of today ! (Lol) !

Last edited by dani48; 08/30/13 05:49 PM.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Floyd Jane you are stepping out and getting it on with yo’ bad rocking self! That’s one great vocal. I stand and hold my BIC lit to that performance!

Great job on the guitar Tommy.

Absolutely love the mix, it sounds like a record. Cool ending on the arrangement too.

Way to go!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Floyd,

Well that's sure raised the forum's songwriting bar a couple of dozen notches!

Every single aspect of the song is top shelf: you name it - writing, singing, production, guitar work, mix - all excellent! I'd like to be constructively critical but you've really got to give me something to work with! There's nothing in this song for me to latch onto. It's way too perfect. I'll just have to say "a big thumbs up from me".

What I particularly liked was how you incorporated a refrain with a chorus. How cool is that! A "transitional bridge" (to quote Pat Pattison) from verse to chorus that provides an excellent trampoline for the chorus to bounce off. I also really liked the instrumental bridge. It was a perfect showcase for Tommy's brilliant playing as well as a perfect fit for this style of song.

You and Tommy have created a great work of art with this one. It really should be on the radio! Seriously!

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
This really cooks. Well done guys!

John

Songs web site
YouTube Channel
BIAB 2019
Cakewalk by BandLab
Studio One 4
User Showcase
M
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
M
Great job. I enjoyed it and its also inspiring me to get myself busy!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Floyd,

like Noel said - writing, singing, production, guitar work, mix - all excellent!
I can feel in the heavy power of the music what you express in the lyrics.
Great job of Tommy. It'sa a pity he's not posted for so long.

Guenter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
What a Rocker!!
Not been around a while, Floyd (still nursing the burns to my left hand that have stopped me playing for now)and I'm glad I dropped by.
Reminds me in a way of the late Robert Palmer but this is a superb piece of original work. As always I enjoyed your lyrics and the tune and the way in which you pick from that "candy store" list of RTs to give you what you want. Then with Tommy hanging around on the right - and that SOLO!!! - gave it all it needs to be Top Class.
Loved it.
cheers
ian
ps - pleased to see so many of the track names had "Brit" in them - lol !!

Old Guys Rule.The older I get,the better I was!
BB2023 ULTRA, 1013, Win 7 and 10

ALL TRACKS - https://app.box.com/s/501rnzrbadng1elvi45hbf7y08kl5oxp
SOUNDCLOUD-tracks using BB-
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel
Videos-
https://youtube.com/user/Sixchannel1
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
that was smokeing good well done on all of it good to here from you tommy nice vintage sound and riffs Floyd this is a great production thanks for sharing eric

AMD (TM) 5950 4.9 GHz 16Core Processor 64 bit 32 bits of ram windows 10 pro 64 bit os. sound card Antelope ZenQ guitars Ibanez 2202a 1968 les Paul Custom and Cavin ae 185 Guitar boss Gt-100,GT1000 pedal Yamaha HS8 studio monitors
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Frank - thanks. always appreciate your comments..

dani - now... come on... I know you've got words tucked away somewhere.. LOL... thanks for the listen

Josie - ya kinda knocked me over with that one. I really appreciate that..

Noel - "...a couple of dozen notches"?? I appreciate the exaggeration.. a dozen would have been plenty smile ... "..work of art"? "..radio"? Man! I love when you comment on a song! Thanks...

Tommy - if you are out there somewhere... again... THANK YOU for throwing in on this...

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
John - thanks for listening.

marty - glad you enjoyed it..

Guenter - appreciate that. It is a shame that Tommy hasn't posted in a while...

ian - great to see you around again some... heal up! we need that ian-guitar-sound happening again. Thanks for the kind words...

eric - thanks.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Well Floyd and Tommy, ya got a winner here!

I thought the lyrics were very clever with a bit of a twist (when you started out naming THINGS, maybe I should have seen it coming that a PERSON was going to end up as the object of desire... )

very nice song which would have been considered rock in the 70s, but which would probably fit in quite well in today's country mix

The guitar work intermittently reminded me of Robert Palmer, Bad Company, and even Steely Dan at one point! Nice mix, you put Tommy right in there seamlessly.

Given your title, I thought you might include a spinoff of the old joke: "I need somebody really bad... (Are you really bad?)" turning the phrase "bad enough" from modifying the desire to modifying the person. But you didn't. (It would have totally worked though)

Anyway, the quick summary is that it is a really slick and enjoyable composition that got my attention and held it the whole time. All of the elements worked perfectly, from concept to chords, lyrics to leads, minstrel to mix, it was all good!

Oh wait, that's redundant since this is a Floyd Jane project!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
SUPER job!

You guys nailed it, great collaboration.

Later,

User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
Just get some serious bottom end in that puppy and you got it mate!!!!

What a fun song.

Rick

Last edited by rickey2005; 09/01/13 06:52 PM.

It needs more cowbell!

https://therickhansenband.com
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Pat - as always, I enjoy reading your thoughts on a song almost as much as writing it in the first place...

"...from concept to chords, lyrics to leads, mix to minstrel.."

That sounds like a songwriter to me (a good one!) - get on that horse, boy, and lay on those spurs!

Danny - thanks for that.

rickey - appreciate the listen...

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
The best use of the internet IMHO is collaboration. A good use of technology and a good production.

User Showcase
ROG Offline
Veteran
Veteran
Great song, great vocals, great harmony, great guitar, great production, great mix.

That's about it!

ROG.

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Floyd,

You done did it again! Very nice touch. I really like the way you are able to jump around from genre to genre, but without losing your "signature" sound. Very good job with the lyrics, and the vocals are as good as ever.

Tommy,

Good job, cuz! About time you had something on the forum again! I always enjoy your playing, just wish I could hear it more often.

Good job, guys!

Steve

Steve Young
Music
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of." - Robert Schumann
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Robb - thanks for dropping by.

ROG - really appreciate that...

Steve - thanks, as always...

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,398
Posts732,546
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199