Options
Index
#214307 - 09/08/13 08:20 PM [User Showcase] new song by bostonx pink sky
Loc: Boston
bostonx Offline
Apprentice

Hi,
This is my first post here. This song is just a jam I did with band in a box real tracks and my guitar and midi keyboard. very simple but fun..
http://soundcloud.com/bostonx/pink-sky
Roland BR600 8 track recorder
Sonar X3 producer
flstudio 20

#214313 - 09/08/13 08:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: new song by bostonx pink sky [Re: bostonx]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

well Bostonx,

first of all, welcome to the forum! How long have you been using PGMusic products? Aren't they AWESOME??

Wow, a 6 minute mega jam!

For the first two minutes I thought "Whoa! I like this! It sounds kind of Beatle-esque, makes me want to say I'm a walrus and everything (goo gooka choo!)

For the next two minutes I thought "Man this is a realllly long song..."

and for the last 2+ minutes, I mostly thought "I've got to find this guy and stop him from EVER playing this song again!"

But I agree, it can be TONS of fun to just set a groove and jam to it... and jam to it... and jam to it...

According to your registration date, you just joined the forum! Take some time and listen through the other submissions here on the user showcase to get an idea of who the other people are and what style of music they write.

Welcome! I think you'll fit right in! You just posted the first of what will eventually become many submisiions to the forum!

#214317 - 09/08/13 09:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: new song by bostonx pink sky [Re: Pat Marr]
bostonx Offline
Apprentice

thanks for the listen. yes it is a long jam most of my other songs don't go over 3 or 4 min, and each one is very different. this is a bit experimental so it might not be evreyones cup of tea, but I actually enjoy listening to it a lot..I just joined the forum but have been using biab for a few years but I had a really old version before...and I just started really having fun with real tracks though i wish they had more serious rock base, but i understand jazz andcountry get a lot more out of this than a wierd experimental music guy like myself would use. (though i do vary styles a lot)
Sonar X3 producer
flstudio 20

#214318 - 09/08/13 09:11 PM [User Showcase] Re: new song by bostonx pink sky [Re: bostonx]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

I was just bein' a wiseguy more than anything... I really didn't mind the length of the song, and I'm very happy to see you here having fun with the software!

goo gooka choo

#214348 - 09/09/13 05:31 AM [User Showcase] Re: new song by bostonx pink sky [Re: bostonx]
Loc: York, England
ROG Offline
Veteran

Loc: York, England
Hi Bostonx.

Yes, welcome to the forum.

I'm pretty much with Pat on this one - starts out with a good powerful sound, but gets perhaps a touch on the long side. Maybe a variation in the chord sequence would help to give it more texture and bringing the soloing instruments more to the front would create more interest.

Looking at your Soundcloud picture, you've obviously got a lot of equipment and I'm interested to see what else you post.

Oh, and if you want your link to work automatically you need to put url in square brackets, followed by the address and then /url in brackets after it. At the moment, we have to copy and paste it. Hope this helps.

ROG.

#214392 - 09/09/13 09:00 AM [User Showcase] Re: new song by bostonx pink sky [Re: bostonx]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Cool.... nothing like learning from an experiment.

BB was, for me, the perfect solution. I didn't want to deal with the drama of bands and the late night rides home..... so I have my very own studio band here.

One thing I have noticed, that even with over 3000 styles, it is possible to have a song not fit neatly into any of them. In cases like that you have to "experiment" and see what will work.

On the song.... I agree with some other comments.... shake up the progression. GO to different places with the chords, because, while you may enjoy playing that 6 minute jam, the people not playing and simply listening will start to tire quickly after a few minutes of the same progression.

Since you have now joined the forum, please do post more stuff as you record it. I'm looking forward to hear the next tune out of that studio of yours.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music

#214405 - 09/09/13 11:08 AM [User Showcase] Re: new song by bostonx pink sky [Re: bostonx]
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi Bostonx,

I agree with all that's been said above.
Welcome to the forum.

Guenter

#214548 - 09/10/13 06:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: new song by bostonx pink sky [Re: Guitarhacker]
bostonx Offline
Apprentice

I actually run into the styles do not fit my song category a lot, as I am so into the rock groove, and a lot of the rock styles on here tend to be a little popish for me. I will be coming out with some tunes that have much more in the way of differing chord progressions. Normally that's what I do..believe it or not this song was specificly made to be a very simple progression as it is semi ambient ie made to listen in the background. This is what I was going for. it is a style I have been fideling with for a while now. As I said not everyone's cup of tea smile
Sonar X3 producer
flstudio 20

#214613 - 09/11/13 08:15 AM [User Showcase] Re: new song by bostonx pink sky [Re: bostonx]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

On styles I very rarely use the midi based styles. I just don't like the grooves on most of them.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music

#214636 - 09/11/13 12:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: new song by bostonx pink sky [Re: bostonx]
Loc: Mississippi Gulf Coast
Danny C. Offline
Veteran

Loc: Mississippi Gulf Coast
Welcome aboard, I too look forward to other productions.

later,

The More You Drink The Better I Sound

#214652 - 09/11/13 01:01 PM [User Showcase] Re: new song by bostonx pink sky [Re: Danny C.]
Loc: Kennesaw (Atlanta) GA
Ryszard Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kennesaw (Atlanta) GA
I called it up, but it won't play. Am I holding my mouth right? cool

R.

ETA: I could call up the page on my DAW and the Play button appeared to work, but nothing happened. Plays fine on my lappie. ???

Edited by Ryszard (09/12/13 06:40 AM)

PG Music News
Get your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Bonus PAK Today!

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac during our special (which has been EXTENDED to October 31st), and you'll receive a FREE Bonus PAK overflowing with great Add-ons, including MIDI SuperTracks Set 28: Pop Basses with 6 MIDI SuperTracks, 21 RealDrums Transcriptions, 120 guitar licks and riffs in Instrumental Studies 7: Brent Mason 12-key CountryPop Guitar Licks, and 15 new MIDI Styles!

Or, upgrade it to the 49-PAK for just $49 and add 40 UNRELEASED RealTracks, 10 "Low Man" & Re-amped "12-Key" Metal/Thrash Electric Guitar RealTracks, 6 more MIDI SuperTracks with Set 29: More Organ, Piano & Accordion, 120 more guitar licks and riffs with Instrumental Studies 8: Brent Mason 12-key Train-Beat Licks, 15 more MIDI Styles, and Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly!

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac® - 49-PAK Overview

Listen to demos and learn more here.

Free Bonus PAK Contents:
-Look Ma! More MIDI 1
-21 RealDrums Transcriptions
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 28: Pop Basses
-Instrumental Studies 7: Brent Mason 12-key CountryPop Guitar Licks

2019 49-PAK Contents:
-40 Bonus RealTracks!
-10 "Low Man" and Re-amped "12-Key" Metal/Thrash Electric Guitar RealTracks
-Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly
-Instrumental Studies 8: Brent Mason 12-key Train-Beat Licks
-Look Ma! More MIDI 2
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 29: More Organ, Piano & Accordion

Xtra Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Special Extended!

The verdict is in, and everyone agrees that Xtra Styles PAK 7 is incredible!

There are 164 unbelievable new RealStyles that await you in Xtra Styles PAK 7! We've dreamed up some surprising new arrangements for your songwriting, production, and teaching needs in four volumes: Jazz 7, Country 7, Rock/Pop 7, and Americana 2.

The possibilities seem endless with these fully-produced styles, like atmospheric folk, Western swing chicken pickin', dreamy Southern rock, smooth jazz with world percussion, Brazilian samba, acoustic grunge, and '90s R&B. We've even included two great new MultiStyles that use up to eight substyles! Do yourself a favor and take home this comprehensive and imaginative collection of styles today!

SPECIAL EXTENDED!!! Get all 164 new RealStyles in the All Xtra Styles PAK 7 for only $29 until October 31st! (Reg. $49)

Specific genre packages are also available for $15 each!

For more information and to listen to demos, click here.

Mac user? You'll find your Xtra Styles PAKs here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Build 309 Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac customers can download the latest FREE patch update here.

Summary of changes for Build 309:
Fixed: The Chord Builder is disabled if previously opened before using a modal dialog (eg. Style Picker, Set Tempo).
Fixed: The program might crash when selecting RealTracks in the Best RealTracks dialog (eg. #2541).
Fixed: Wrong notes in Oohs and Aahs RealTracks.
Improved: Higher dots-per-inch printing.
Added: [Print Chords Only] button added to the Print Options dialog.

EXTENDED! Our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Ends October 31st!

You haven't missed our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac special, which has been extended to October 31st!

There's still time to purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Upgrade at up to 50% off, and receive a FREE Bonus PAK full of great Add-ons!

Plus, our latest Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac is compatible with the just-released macOS Catalina - upgrades start at just $49!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2019 Build 2 Update Available!

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2019 users can download the FREE Build 2 patch update here

Summary of Changes in Build 2:
Fixed: Sometimes the position of the VST/DX plugs window (even if not visible) would prevent a drop, such as into the drop station, from occurring.
Fixed: When batch converting files, the volume of some file types such as wav/mp3/wma/mp4, etc. would be too low.
Fixed: In Chords Window, you could not enter held chords on Piano track.
Fixed: LeadSheet might not display tied notes on the last bar of a track.
Fixed: Pressing "M" key in Editable Notation to insert a new note at the current time location on the Staff was inserting a duplicate note rather than inserting it above an existing note.
Fixed: Loading in a MusicXML file could result in MIDI notes of zero instead of the currect MIDI notes.
Fixed: Dragging a file into the tracks window didn't always result in the effects slot for the track being setup properly for the file type dragged in.
Fixed: When inserting hard rest, and answering Yes to question about removing notes for the peg, it would remove notes from both clefs instead of the clef that the rest was inserted on.
Fixed: Potential access violation when deleting a note in staff window.
Fixed: Potential jukebox access violation if there were songs with the entire path of the filename being 256 characters or greater loaded into jukebox.
Fixed: Jukebox not playing the playlist in correct order in certain situations involving stopping/restarting, etc.
Fixed: When loading in a MusicXML file that has a specific guitar fretboard defined that matches one of our fretboards, the guitar tablature type will now be set for the notation.
Fixed: Ability to load in .MXL (compresssed musicXML file) as well as ability to load normal noncompressed musicXML file with the new .musicxml extension instead of just .XML.
Fixed: Hammer ons, pull offs, and slides are now being saved to MusicXML files.
Fixed: Exceptionally jittery timing indicator in the notation window during playback compared to older versions of RealBand.
Fixed: If the start of a generated section of a song didn't have a chord entered at the beginning of the section, then it could default to a C major chord instead of the most recent chord prior to the section.
Fixed: Potential access violation if song has micro-pegs and multiple notes on a peg.
Fixed: Accidental element that specified whether a note was displayed as sharp/flat wasn't eing saved to XML, even though the correct pitch of the note itself was saved.

RealBand 2019 Build 5 Update Available!

All RealBand 2019 for Windows customers can download the latest FREE patch update (build 5) here.

Summary of Changes in Build 5 (Oct 10)
Fixed: Sometimes the position of the VST/DX plugs window (even if not visible) would prevent a drop, such as into the drop station, from occurring.
Fixed: When batch converting files, the volume of some file types such as wav/mp3/wma/mp4, etc. would be too low.
Fixed: In Chords Window, you could not enter held chords on Piano track.
Fixed: LeadSheet might not display tied notes on the last bar of a track.
Fixed: Pressing "M" key in Editable Notation to insert a new note at the current time location on the Staff was inserting a duplicate note rather than inserting it above an existing note.

Notation Enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit for macOS Catalina

With Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit for Mac we added Drum Notation Support, and we didn't stop there! Other Notation Enhancements added in this new version are:

-A new track type (Drums) is available for the Melody and Soloist tracks.
-Clicking close to a stave line will put a note on the stave line instead of between stave lines. Previously, you had to click extremely close to a stave line to insert a note on it.
-Holding down the control key and pressing the zoom in/out buttons results in finest possible incremental adjustment in size.
-In the Notation Window Options dialog, the clefs split point asterisk indicates that C5* is middle C.
-Notation is much clearer, not jagged, on retina screens.
-The clefs split point can be set by the spin controls.
-The right-click menu in the Editable or Staff Roll mode Notation window has an option to change the current beat resolution. Previously, the only way to do this was to right-click on the time line.
-There is a keystroke entry mode, which lets you enter a melody entirely using keystrokes. The keystrokes are N to enter a note, M to enter a third note, up/down cursor to change the pitch of the highlighted note, and left/right cursor to move the time line.
-You can quickly enter forced accidentals from the right-click menu.

Read more about the Notation Enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit for Mac here. Watch this feature 'in action' with our new features video - jump to this topic when you click here.

...and don't forget - Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac upgrades are ON SALE until October 15th, up to 50% off! Order now!

Forum Stats
30233 Members
62 Forums
60226 Topics
508267 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
jlazaro, gavanhe, TheHoffs, briart, Joe Kingston

30232 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 179
Noel96 150