Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Music, lyrics, lead vocalist: Dan Lindroos
Arranger, keyboard, nylon guitar: Aleck Rand
Vocal harmonies: FATSO'S HARMONICS, INC.

RT Artists

Bass: Alex Al
Drums: Terry Clarke
Latin Percussion: Craig Scott
Tenor Sax: Eric Marienthal

Listen to CHICARITA! https://soundcloud.com/aleckrand/chicarita

Lyrics

Chicarita, I fell for you my little
Chicarita!
There´s no other, that measures up to my sweet
Chicarita

I love you, night or day
I will take, you away
out to sway
to dance at the bay

Chicarita, you are so beautiful
my, Chicarita
ain´t no sweeter
than a kiss from lovely Chicarita!
When I look, into your dark and starlit eyes
I forget how time just flies
You know,
I wanna hold you tight and show
how so
our love will shine and always grow, always grow
Chicarita, you are so beautiful
my, Chicarita
ain´t no sweeter
than a kiss from lovely Chicarita!
I love you, night or day
I will take, you away
out to sway
to dance at the bay

Chicarita, love you madly dearest
Chicarita
Chicarita
Chicarita...fade

Sweetwater Creation Station. BIAB 2018, Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio, Izotope Nektar 2, Ozone 8, KEYBOARDS: Kurzweil Artis 7, Crumar MOJO, Hammond XK-3, BASSES (fretted & fretless by Ibanez, LTD, Warwick. GUITARS by Guild, Gretsch, Ibanez, Eastwood (12 string)
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Dean and Dani!!!!

... or Dani and Dean... that sounds more like a group name...

What a wonderful combination!!! Started listening without realizing who Lindroos was - until the vocal began... then there was no mistaking...

A beautiful collaboration - your individual styles merge so seamlessly.

So enjoyable! Kudos to you both!

floyd

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hi Floyd,

It's definitely Dani and Dean. Dani wrote the song and doesn't he have a great voice? He understands chord changes, nails them notes, sings with passion, and there's something undeniably charming about that slight Nordic accent that shows up now and then. We really had a blast creating Chicarita. And the whole thing, start to finish, took one week. Not bad when you consider that 3 horns had to be arranged as well as 5 to 6 harmony voices.

I can count on your comments to be candid, so the positive ones are doubly appreciated.

Dean

Sweetwater Creation Station. BIAB 2018, Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio, Izotope Nektar 2, Ozone 8, KEYBOARDS: Kurzweil Artis 7, Crumar MOJO, Hammond XK-3, BASSES (fretted & fretless by Ibanez, LTD, Warwick. GUITARS by Guild, Gretsch, Ibanez, Eastwood (12 string)
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Enjoyed this guys. Love the way you roll that r in Chicarrrrita Dani. Cool arrangement. Liked those Fatsos too.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
This is not my preference in music but I cannot deny the skill in this production. The rhythm is stuck in my mind after the 1st listen.
I would love to know what actual Real Tracks and Drums were used as they are overpowered slightly by the vocals on my system.

Is Dan Lindross Dani48? If so what a collaboration!
Well done.
Alyn

Last edited by gibson; 09/23/13 08:26 PM. Reason: correcting speling
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hi Alyn,

It's always satisfying when you can get someone to like a tune in a genre that isn't generally their cup of tea. And, yes, the Fabulous Finn Dan Lindroos is Dani48. He wrote the lyrics and chord progression.

Not much use of RealTracks here. It would have been only percussion, but, in view of all the keyboard work, arranging the horns and arranging and singing the 5 and 6 part harmony lines (in the interest of full disclosure: I am the CEO of FATSO'S HARMONICS, INC.) I decided to use an RT electric bass for most of the tune. You won't be able to detect the points at which I punch in with my own bass playing, for example, to track the horns at some points. I also used an RT tenor sax in the fadeout ending.

Here is the complete list.

RT Electric Bass 1768 Alex Al
RD FusionEv8 Terry Clarke
RD BossaRockPerc^2 (conga) Craig Scott
RT Tenor Sax 1776 Eric Marienthal (fadeout)

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Thank you so much Josie. Dani and I had such fun doing this. I'll leave it to Dani to explain how he came up with those trilled r's. As for me, I'll emphasize that FATSO'S HARMONICS, INC. is not TC Helicon or any similar software.

Dean

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, everyone ! (chuckle) !:))

The rrrrr:s and hard t, hm......it was Dean that
reminded me to rehearse on that latin pronounciation !
I am learning spanish, so that suited me just fine (chuckle):)
To me it was a very nice experiment even if it was not
as easy as you might think as the background was sung before
the lead (ususally it is done the other way around).
If anyone should get any credit for this I think it is Dean,
that put down all of his soul in this project doing that
lovely arrangement with horns and everything ! Thanks buddy !:))

Cheers
Dani

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Dani and Dean!!!

My fingers have no idea what to type. That was ...

What an outstanding accomplishment from both of you.

Dean, your arrangement, harmonies and production are exceptionally good.

Dani, I see there's a talent inside you that you haven't even begun to show us all yet!!! I'm VERY impressed.

I'm heading back for my fifth listen now smile

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Dani and Dean,
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
A beautiful collaboration - your individual styles merge so seamlessly.
So enjoyable! Kudos to you both!

Nice harmonies! Typical for you to hide them in this enigmatic company name.

Guenter

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
My ever perspicuous friend Guenter:

Leave it to you to pick up on that enigmatic company name. Part of it is my sense of humor, which I will freely admit is incredibly goofy. But perhaps more important, I'm someone who does not like the spotlight, i.e, given the choice, I prefer to remain in the background, sensed but not seen.

This was Dani's tune all the way. He's the upfront guy, I'm the background guy.

Dean

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hi Alyn,

You were the first to point out that the background was relatively weak in Chicarita. I remixed it, hopefully with an improved result.

Thanks for noticing this.

Dean

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Noel !

We thank you for your more than kind words !
You are simply just too kind. Dean is really
good in arranging with BIAB and especially
good when it comes to jazzier tunes. Having
said that,we can assume that he is very good
at any other genre´as well !:)

Noel ! I do sing daily and can recommend it
to everyone else too. Just remember not to
sing in a key that puts unnecessary strain
on your voice, that will kill it over time !

Cheers
Dani

Last edited by dani48; 09/26/13 02:25 PM.
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hey Dani and Noel,

Very sound advice on voice protection from Dani, since I am living proof on how to wreck a voice. It's kind of a long story, but it gives me an idea for my next post. I'll show you how it's done.

And Dani, I remixed Chicarita based on some feedback about the background being to weak compared to the vocal. I think it's quite a bit better, but let me know what you think. And, of course, thank you Dani for the kind remarks.

Dean

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Dean !

I think this is really much better, yes !:))

Cheers
Dani

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Yeh that's better and I now like it a WHOLE lot more.

Alyn

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Alyn - 'anks mate. Glad you've got the ears and willingness to point out the defects. Need more of that in this Forum.

Dean

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Yes my friend, I agree with you.

Dean

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I really can't add to what's been said. Collaborations are fun and even more so when the results are so unique, perhaps unexpected and a treat to listen to. More!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Janice & Bud!

Dean and I really appreciate your kind comments !:))
As you say, cooperations are not only fun to do they
also keep us alert and keen in trying to do our best
to match up with our partner !:))

Cheers
Dani

Last edited by dani48; 09/28/13 06:30 AM.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,398
Posts732,546
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199