Options
Index
#218635 - 10/20/13 12:44 PM [User Showcase] My grandson Piet
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Hi all,

some of you might remember my youngest grandson's song "Bo".
Now I finally managed to do one with my older grandson Piet (nearly 4 years old).
He was spied on by his father while playing with his toy cars.
You can hear the sounds of the toys in the background.
I had to do a lot of copying and pasting.
The chords come from the BiaB Demo of Mambo #2.
(His shouting at his brother "Mann, Bo" gave me the idea).
RealTracks are:
RealDrums-Mambo^3-Sticks
RealDrums-MamboPerc^01-CongasOnly
RT915_Bass, Acoustic, Mambo Ev
RT919_Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm Mambo Ev
RT467_Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Bossa Ev
RT1645_Guitar, Acoustic, Soloist SambaFusionCarlos Ev

http://soundcloud.com/boehmusic/piet

Guenter

#218637 - 10/20/13 01:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: My grandson Piet [Re: boehm]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Guenter,

1st thought: "absolutely charming"

2nd thought: how much of the speech cadence did you need to change in order to make it fit the song? It sounds quite natural

3rd thought: life isn't fair. Why do you get all of these amazingly creative ideas, and I don't get ANY??

4th thought: I'd guess you used melodyne to give melody to the voice, but children's voices are so melodic to begin with, this does not sound contrived to my ears at all! I can almost imagine that you hid a recording device in the room and captured a real performance.

5th thought: like a masterful quilt made from sewing together different pieces of unrelated fabric, your productions seem to share a common theme of bringing unrelated elements together in order to make something completely new from the elements. You are REALLY GOOD at it !

6th thought: You should approach advertising agencies with some of your work... all of it is attention getting in a very good way, and that's what advertising is all about. Your work is too good to settle for posting it on an internet forum

7th thought: my test of creative excellence is to ask "how easy would it be to reproduce this?" I marvel at gymnastics exhibitions, because what they do is so far beyond anything I could ever do myself... I couldn't even muster a feeble imitation. And the same is true for all of your compositions. Even though you use BIAB elements that I have at my disposal, the compositional creativity takes your final productions to a place I've never even imagined, let alone seen.

#218648 - 10/20/13 03:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: My grandson Piet [Re: boehm]
F.M.M. Online   content
Expert

hi Boehm very creative your mixes always sound great grand kids are great a blessing for sure thanks enjoyed very much eric
AMD (TM) 8150 3.60 GHz Eight Core Processor 64 bit windows 10 pro 64 bit os. sound card delta 1010 pci card 500 ssd drive 3 other drives guitars 1968 les Paul Custom and Cavin ae 185 Guitar boss Gt-100 pedal Carvin SRS Studio reference series

#218651 - 10/20/13 03:34 PM [User Showcase] Re: My grandson Piet [Re: boehm]
gruverider Offline
Expert

very creative! just a treat to listen to

#218679 - 10/20/13 07:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: My grandson Piet [Re: boehm]
Loc: USA
Danny C. Offline
Veteran

Loc: USA
This was an absolute joy to listen to. As one who has written a few songs for grand-children I can only add that not only was it a joy to listen to but it will be a gift that never quits giving as Piet grows older.

Wonderful!

Later,

The More You Drink The Better I Sound

#218680 - 10/20/13 07:05 PM [User Showcase] Re: My grandson Piet [Re: boehm]
Loc: Helsinki, Finland
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi Guenter & Piet !:))

Congratulations to both of you
for a lovely and charming performance !:))
It took me right back to when my own
kids were........well kids !:))

Thanks Guenter & regards to Piet !:))

Cheers
Dani

#218688 - 10/20/13 07:29 PM [User Showcase] Re: My grandson Piet [Re: gruverider]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Originally Posted By: gruverider
very creative! just a treat to listen to

A BIG +1

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#218713 - 10/21/13 06:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: My grandson Piet [Re: boehm]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi Guenter,

Whenever I see a new song posted from you, I always wonder what I'll be listening to. Your musical inventiveness seems to have no boundaries at all. It's like creativity is your paintbrush and you are Van Gogh painting masterpiece after masterpiece.

More please! I love listening to what you do.

All the best,
Noel

P.S. Piet's vocals are outstanding.

#218718 - 10/21/13 07:11 AM [User Showcase] Re: My grandson Piet [Re: boehm]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

That was cool and as unique as they come.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#218728 - 10/21/13 08:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: My grandson Piet [Re: boehm]
Loc: York, England
ROG Offline
Veteran

Loc: York, England
Guenter.

Great stuff. I can only imagine how much work went into that.

Frighteningly, he stays in tune better than I do.

ROG.

#218741 - 10/21/13 10:23 AM [User Showcase] Re: My grandson Piet [Re: boehm]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Guenter,

This is simply mind-blowingly good!

Tasty horns! Added to a perfect mambo! Stunning! The production and mix are impeccable.

Piet's vocal is a true work of art.

It is unbelievable that you could out-do yourself - and, yet, you do - every time.

Just WOW!

Now... how about of video? With Piet singing and dancing? PLEASE!!!

floyd

#218749 - 10/21/13 11:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: My grandson Piet [Re: boehm]
boehm Offline
Veteran

Hi Pat,
thanks a lot for all your thoughts.
2nd & 4th: I used Melodyne and tweaked a little. But I didn't want to force anything.
You are right, the recording was hidden (my son's mobile) because Piet doesn't like to be recorded.

Hi Eric, Lawrence, Danny, Dani, Mario, Noel, Herb, and Rog,
thank you very much for your kind words.

Hi Floyd,
thanks for your compliments. I'm thinking of that video thing. But I don't think I'll get Piet to really perform. When he sees my son's mobile he says: "Only listen not talk".

Guenter

#218755 - 10/21/13 12:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: My grandson Piet [Re: boehm]
aleck rand Offline
Expert

"Gesang" von meinem ältesten Enkel Piet. Totally lovable.

Guenter, This is so great!! How on earth did you ... ??

Dean

#218758 - 10/21/13 12:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: My grandson Piet [Re: boehm]
Loc: Warwickshire, UK
Skyline Offline
Veteran

Loc: Warwickshire, UK
Very cool indeed. You have a fervent imagination!
Beautifully engineered and put together as well.

John
BIAB 2019
Cakewalk by BandLab
Studio One 4

#218767 - 10/21/13 06:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: My grandson Piet [Re: Skyline]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Hi Guenter

What a cool way to create a song. I can imagine that the grandkids will be very proud of their grandpa when they are old enough to appreciate what you have done for them.

Well done

Scott

#218781 - 10/21/13 11:53 PM [User Showcase] Re: My grandson Piet [Re: boehm]
Loc: wales
gibson Offline
Veteran

Loc: wales
Guenter,

Your imagination knows no bounds,that song is brilliant. When Piet gets older he will really appreciate Grandpa and his musical imagination and skills.
What will you produce next cool !!
What ever it is I look forward to listening to it.

Alyn

My story

#218789 - 10/22/13 03:43 AM [User Showcase] Re: My grandson Piet [Re: boehm]
molsenhouse Offline
Journeyman

Joyful – great idea – good work!!!
Loved Piets scatting :-)

Thanks for sharing!

#218804 - 10/22/13 10:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: My grandson Piet [Re: boehm]
boehm Offline
Veteran

Hi Aleck,

thank you. I nearly forgot to mention that I like your
new avatar.

Hi John, Scott, Alyn, and Molsenhouse,

thank you for your kind words.

Guenter

#219190 - 10/26/13 05:24 PM [User Showcase] Re: My grandson Piet [Re: boehm]
Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Guenter,

Amazing! And your grandson sounds so precious! I have 4 grandchildren, and they are the light of my life. I know you are so proud of Piet, as you should be.

This is a first class production. Very good arrangement, and very creative!

I almost missed this one. I have been out quite a bit lately. I am so glad I didn't miss this one, though!

Steve

#219193 - 10/26/13 05:43 PM [User Showcase] Re: My grandson Piet [Re: boehm]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
I've had this on my gotta comment on list but am late to the party. What can we add? Many of the above posters' comments are more articulate than I could ever be about your work. I can only say I agree with them. You have an incredibly fertile imagination and it is wonderful to allow other people to have a peek at it. This is just outstanding. At first I was thinking...hmmmm....how about a video? But after listening again we decided we rather use our own imagery! Thanks for posting.

Bud & Janice

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Video: Band-in-a-Box® - Xtra Styles PAK 9 Overview & Demos

Xtra Styles PAK 9 includes 200 NEW RealStyles for Rock-Pop, Jazz, Country, and Folk & Beyond!

There are 50 new RealStyles for each genre, with MultiStyles included in each genre too!

Learn more about loading and using Xtra Styles PAK 9 in Band-in-a-Box® 2020 and listen to the demos for the 200 new RealStyles in Xtra Styles PAK 9 with our latest video: Band-in-a-Box® - Xtra Styles PAK 9: Overview & Demos.

Add Xtra Styles PAK 9 to your band for just $29 until June 30th! Order here.

Windows user? Click here for Windows purchase links and details.

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2020 Updated!

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2020 has been updated with a small Free Update Patch that can be downloaded here.

Video: Band-in-a-Box® - Loops-with-Style PAK 2 Overview & Demos

Loops-with-Style PAK 2 is packed with 100 NEW Loops & 50 NEW Styles, including new gospel & folk categories!

Use these new Styles and Loops directly in your Band-in-a-Box® songs to access all their B substyle loops, or load these acidized loops directly into your DAW that supports acid info!

See how easy it is to load and use these Loops in Band-in-a-Box® 2020 and listen to the demos for these new Loops & Styles when you watch our latest video: Band-in-a-Box® - Loops-with-Style PAK 2 Overview & Demos.

Add Loops-with-Style PAK 2 today for just $19! Learn more and purchase here.

Haven't purchased Loops-with-Styles yet? Get the entire collection for only $29 when you bundle Loops-with-Style PAK 1 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2 for only $29! That's 100 Styles and 200 Loops for Band-in-a-Box® for just $29! Order now.

Mac user? Click here for Mac purchase links and details.

NEW Add-ons for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 - Xtra Styles PAK 9 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2!

We're delighted to be adding 200 GROUNDBREAKING RealStyles to the Band-in-a-Box® collection with Xtra Styles PAK 9!

Our new Rock-Pop additions include neo soul with vocals, classic ska with a horn section, a psychedelic sixties pop ballad, heavier action-scene cinematic metal, post-punk folk rock, six-substyle gospel pop MultiStyle with vocals, and more!

With the latest Jazz Xtra Styles, we've added everything from quarter-feel jazz blues to New Orleans Gospel to jazzy disco funk and gentle bossa folk pop, and more! We've also included a brand-new (huge!) ten-substyle "changes" jazz swing MultiStyle with three different soloist options!

The newest Country RealTracks are a real treat! We've fused folk and Americana instruments with the country sounds you know and love: ethereal and songwriter country ballads, a country rock march, country pop with layered cellos, a country soul groove, and much, much more! The included six-substyle summertime country pop MultiStyle will help you create your perfect summertime hit!

Plus, we've added to our Folk & Beyond collection with our Xtra Styles PAK 9 release! There are 50 fresh new styles, including a Cajun jaw harp boogie, cinematic folk with strings, a modern Celtic folk reel, a gentle three-guitar folk ballad, delta blues with shaker - the list goes on! Add Folk & Beyond 2 and you'll also receive a brand-new eight-part mountain folk MultiStyle!

There are 50 new RealStyles in each genre - get them ALL for only $29 until June 30th! Learn more, listen to demos and order here.

But wait... there's MORE!

We've also rolled out 50 NEW Styles and 100 NEW Loops in Loops-with-Style PAK 2!
Use these new Styles and Loops directly in your Band-in-a-Box® songs to access all their B substyle loops, or load these acidized loops directly into your DAW that supports acid info! Genres include Electronic, Funk, Hip Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, World, plus we're introducing two new genre categories - Gospel and Folk!

Add Loops-with-Style PAK 2 today for just $19! Learn more and purchase here.

Haven't purchased Loops-with-Styles yet? Get the entire collection for only $29 when you bundle Loops-with-Style PAK 1 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2 for only $29! That's 100 Styles and 200 Loops for Band-in-a-Box® for just $29! Order now.

Mac User? Click here for Mac details and purchase links.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows is Xtra Ready!

We never stop! The latest free patch update for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows readies the program for the just-launched Xtra Styles PAK 9 (on sale until June 30th - learn more here)!

Update to build 721 and you'll see that we've improved the step-advancing notes display, updated the key command criteria for looping bars from the chordsheet, fixed email client integration, and more.

If you are a Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows user, you'll definitely want to update to the latest free patch update!

Learn more about Band-in-a-Box® 2020 build 721 for Windows and download it here.

#TBT Band-in-a-Box Finds!

I don't know about everyone here, but now that I've settled in to our "new normal" I've taken to rearranging and dusting off many things in order to keep busy and productive!

I'm picking up old hobbies, picking up clutter around the house, and as it turns out - finding forgotten picks!

We snagged these gems many, many, many years ago after The NAMM Show one winter. Check out the old Band-in-a-Box logo! Click here...

Have any of you come across something nostalgic like this these days? Let's see it!
(remember the first Audiophile version?!)

-Callie
Team Marketing

Review - Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac … WOW!

"Dr. Dave" Walker (Dr. Dave On Music) recently received Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac, and he absolutely loves it!

He's written his thoughts in detail, which can (and definitely should) be read here: Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Mac … WOW!

"Band-in-a-Box 2020 is a huge advance over even BB2019, with easier to use, more powerful features that give you more information while creating more musical results. You have never had more control of more features which are now much easier to find. The move forward with this version is astonishing. Again … WOW!

My very highest recommendation. Just upgrade! Or if for some strange reason you don’t have it yet, BUY THIS ONE! It will change your musical life!"
-"Dr. Dave" Walker

Thank you for the review, Dr. Dave!

Forum Stats
32176 Members
65 Forums
64366 Topics
545636 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
TheJawoo, Amra, luck god, willipeter, nvtmusic

32175 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)