Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#241670 - 02/27/14 12:15 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Brighter Than Any Star" [Re: Sundance]
Loc: Alabama, USA
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Alabama, USA
Originally Posted By: Sundance
Noel,

That is absolutely BEAUTIFUL in every respect.

Lyrics and melody are moving, emotional, romantic and simple. Wonderful slow dance ballad. Form fits perfectly.

As important as the vocal is, the best singer in the world can't turn a mediocre song into a good one with just a vocal. As Pat P. said when using one of his own songs as an example - and I'm paraphrasing in my own words - if more focus is on the singer's vocal performance instead of the song then something is wrong.

That's not the case here. Jason did a great job. He had a solid song to work with so it's a great marriage of singer and material.

Love it.

A+ from me.

We couldn't agree more with what taht said. She said it all. We loved everything about this one! Congrats on a terrific song!

Al & Di

Edited by Al-David (02/27/14 12:17 AM)

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#241676 - 02/27/14 02:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Brighter Than Any Star" [Re: Noel96]
Loc: Kentucky
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kentucky
Brilliant work, ready for the radio, Vocal, mix guitar work all outstanding; thanks for sharing!

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.

#241685 - 02/27/14 04:24 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Brighter Than Any Star" [Re: Noel96]
Loc: WEST MIDLANDS, UK
sixchannel Offline
Expert

Loc: WEST MIDLANDS, UK
Goodness me, Noel - I'm VERY late to the Party on this.
How could I have missed it?
A beautiful song and great lyrics.
Loved the mix and Jason has a good singing voice, just right for this song.
Maybe, just maybe, the infill guitars, whilst a super tone and restrained and thoroughly professional, are just a tad up in the mix. Just a tad. Only my opinion.
Thanks for that, Noel - it quite made my day.
cheers
ian

ALL TRACKS - https://app.box.com/s/501rnzrbadng1elvi45hbf7y08kl5oxp

SOUNDCLOUD UPDATED - tracks that were made entirely using BIAB -
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel

#241687 - 02/27/14 04:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Brighter Than Any Star" [Re: 90 dB]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Hey Bob,

Thank you for having a listen. There's nothing wrong if a song slips past you. I don't measure friendship by song comments, so all's well smile Things seem to move pretty quickly on the forum these days and I find it difficult to keep up with all the new songs myself.

I appreciate your positive comments. I'm gonna dream well tonight now, for sure!

All the best to you and Penny.
Noel

#241688 - 02/27/14 04:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Brighter Than Any Star" [Re: RichMac]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Hi Richard,

I also miss a lot of this forum. Despite all my good intentions to try and keep up with the pace of new songs, things slip past me.

Thank you for taking time to listen. I appreciate the positive comments.

All the best,
Noel

#241690 - 02/27/14 04:50 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Brighter Than Any Star" [Re: Al-David]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Dear Al and Di,

Thank you! Every once in a while, I seem to get lucky and things come together for me a working combination of music and lyrics. To be honest, I think Jason's singing boosted the listenability factor of this song immeasurably. He's a talented man.

All the best,
Noel.

P.S. I notice that there are a couple of your songs that I haven't yet listened to. I'd better get my act together and scoot on over smile

#241691 - 02/27/14 04:53 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Brighter Than Any Star" [Re: PgFantastic]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Hey Robert!

Thank you for giving the song a listen. I appreciate the positive feedback.

All the best,
Noel

#241692 - 02/27/14 04:54 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Brighter Than Any Star" [Re: Noel96]
Loc: Florida
90 dB Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hey Bob,

Thank you for having a listen. There's nothing wrong if a song slips past you. I don't measure friendship by song comments, so all's well smile Things seem to move pretty quickly on the forum these days and I find it difficult to keep up with all the new songs myself.

I appreciate your positive comments. I'm gonna dream well tonight now, for sure!

All the best to you and Penny.
Noel

Thank you for your permission to cover this fine song. Soon this will be listened to by people here in Florida, on the other side of the world. smile

Regards,

Bob

#241693 - 02/27/14 04:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Brighter Than Any Star" [Re: sixchannel]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the comments about the guitars. I've just had a listen (my first in months) and I see what you mean. I will definitely revisit mix and pull the volumes back a bit.

Because I'm not a guitar player, I don't have a feel for what sounds best.

Also, thank you for your positive comments. I appreciate them.

Hope all is travelling well for you!
Noel

#293269 - 04/28/15 03:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Brighter Than Any Star" [Re: Noel96]
90 dB Offline
Veteran

It's been over a year and there are probably people who haven't heard this brilliant piece of music. Noel - you're the Man, mate. grin

Regards,

Bob

#293450 - 04/29/15 02:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Brighter Than Any Star" [Re: Noel96]
Loc: Edmonton,Canada
big741 Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Edmonton,Canada
Hi, Noel.

Awesome!

That's all I'm gonna say. grin

Thanks for the music,
Dan

#293487 - 04/29/15 04:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Brighter Than Any Star" [Re: Noel96]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Noel,

All the good things have been said. As close to perfect as any song can be.
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 1803, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#293533 - 04/30/15 04:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Brighter Than Any Star" [Re: 90 dB]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: 90 dB
It's been over a year and there are probably people who haven't heard this brilliant piece of music. Noel - you're the Man, mate. grin

Regards,

Bob

Hey Bob,

You took me by surprise!!!! LOL. I'd forgotten all about this post. Did you ever get around to performing the song?

Hope all is going well for you and Penny smile
Noel

#293535 - 04/30/15 04:28 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Brighter Than Any Star" [Re: big741]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: big741
Hi, Noel.

Awesome!

That's all I'm gonna say. grin

Thanks for the music,
Dan

Thanks for having a listen, Dan. You've given my day a boost with your uplifting comment. This is a pretty old post. I'm surprised the song doesn't have arthritis!

All the best,
Noel

#293537 - 04/30/15 04:34 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Brighter Than Any Star" [Re: Jim Fogle]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: JimFogle
Noel,

All the good things have been said. As close to perfect as any song can be.

Hi Jim,

Thanks for dropping in. Thanks for the comment on Soundcloud, too. I'm glad that the song appealed. I think luck was with me when this one came together. Jason is such a great vocalist. He makes it sound much better than I ever could.

All the best to you and yours,
Noel

#293551 - 04/30/15 05:24 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Brighter Than Any Star" [Re: Noel96]
90 dB Offline
Veteran

Regards,

Bob

Hey Bob,

You took me by surprise!!!! LOL. I'd forgotten all about this post. Did you ever get around to performing the song?

Noel

Hey Noel. Penny reminded me of this song the other day, and I thought that it needed to be bumped. We haven't done it live yet, but I'm going to start working on it. Do you still have the .sgu? grin That arrangement is way above my pay scale! laugh

We're fine - just carrying on with the 2015 90 dB Dive Bar World Tour. So many dives....so little time! grin

Regards,

Bob

#293571 - 04/30/15 07:02 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Brighter Than Any Star" [Re: 90 dB]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina

Regards,

Bob

Hey Bob,

Noel

Hey Noel. Penny reminded me of this song the other day, and I thought that it needed to be bumped. We haven't done it live yet, but I'm going to start working on it. Do you still have the .sgu? grin That arrangement is way above my pay scale! laugh

We're fine - just carrying on with the 2015 90 dB Dive Bar World Tour. So many dives....so little time! grin

Regards,

Bob

I too missed this on it's first go round. So glad Bob bumped it back. Noel, this is brilliant. I would put it toe to toe with anything on radio today. Enjoyed every second of my listen and will be going back for more.

I also want to put in my support for Bob to not only cover this live, but would love to see him do a cover for us here on the BIAB forum. As good as Jason did, this song sounds to be a perfect fit for Bob's style. Jason's work contributed to what many have commented to be a song that is one of your best submissions. But, in reading all the comments, some felt his vocal performance somewhat overshadowed the song itself in some places. It's all subjective opinion and part of the fun in putting our songs here on the forum. We get respectful opinions and insight from people we both admire and respect their work, so all is good. The final take away has been that Jason did a more than admirable job on what is accepted as one of your best submissions.
It's my opinion that Jason gives us a somewhat modern country feel and somewhat more of a modern gospel feel with his vocal performance. Bob is a true country balladeer to me and would bring the more traditional country ballad to the song. A comparison to Jim Reeves or Randy Travis vibe. To me, this song fits Bob like a custom tailored suit.
I love what you have here, but am curious to what else it could be...

Charlie

#293576 - 04/30/15 07:28 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Brighter Than Any Star" [Re: Charlie Fogle]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: c_fogle
To me, this song fits Bob like a custom tailored suit.
I love what you have here, but am curious to what else it could be...

Charlie

<bic lighter style="lit, raised">
BOB!...BOB!...BOB!...BOB!...BOB!...BOB!...BOB!...BOB!...BOB!...BOB!...BOB!...BOB!...BOB!...BOB!...BOB!...BOB!...BOB!...BOB!...BOB!...BOB!...BOB!...BOB!...BOB!...BOB!...
</bic lighter>

#293603 - 04/30/15 09:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Brighter Than Any Star" [Re: 90 dB]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC

Regards,

Bob

Glad this came around again.. I'm one who missed it the first time!

Noel, in reference to our PM conversations recently, this song would be a good one for the Steve Austin Song Writing Contest!

#294311 - 05/05/15 11:57 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song: "Brighter Than Any Star" [Re: Charlie Fogle]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Hi Charlie,

I apologise for taking a little while to thank you for having a listen. I really appreciate your comments. You added a huge smile to day when I read them.

By the way, I'm with you. I think Bob should definitely post a cover version of my song. I'd love to hear it!!! (I'd better find that MGU file and send it to him.)

Take care and thank you again.
Noel

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

PG Music News
SongPicker Enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac!

The Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker has been enhanced with our newest 2020 version!

The SongPicker now builds faster for large song lists (>30K and up to 60,000 songs). The [Song] button (or the [Open] button) now has 3 additional menu items to launch the SongPicker.

- Open SongPicker in Current Folder: This opens the SongPicker in the current folder of the last loaded song.
- Open SongPicker in Home Folder: This opens the SongPicker in the home folder, which is Applications/Band-in-a-Box/MySongs or as set in the SongPicker.
- Open SongPicker in Favorite Folder: This launches the Favorite Folder dialog which allows you to choose any previously used folder where a song was loaded from, and then open the SongPicker in that folder.

In the SongPicker, there is a new “Open in Home” option. If this is enabled, the SongPicker will always open in the home folder instead of the current folder when you press the default [Song] button to open the SongPicker.

Searching for songs matching a chord progression or melody has been enhanced. There are three new checkboxes: "Key must match exactly," "Chord Extension must match exactly", and "Time Signature must match."

Click here to jump to the SongPicker subject in our New Features video to learn more. (32:11)

(read more about this feature in our Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Mac Online Upgrade Manual.)

We Have a $0 Down Easy Payment Plan!

Did you know... you don't have to pay for your Band-in-a-Box® (or other PG Music Inc. products) purchase right away? We offer an Easy Payment Plan! With our $0 down payment option, purchase today and don't pay for 30 days! The total of your invoice will be split equally, and charged every 30 days for 4 months after the initial purchase date. You can enjoy your software, with four convenient monthly payments for Visa, MasterCard, and American Express, with no added interest charges or service fees!

To choose this option, add your purchase to the Shopping Cart, and begin the checkout process. Step 3 of this process allows you to choose between:
[]Pay full amount now.
[]Easy Payment Plan. Pay $0 now, and four monthly payments, starting one month from now.

If you choose the Easy Payment Plan, simply agree to the RECURRING BILLING / EASY PAYMENT PLAN TERMS AND CONDITIONS and your order will be processed right away! That's right - choosing this payment option won't delay you receiving your order - even if you choose to have your order shipped, you'll still have the download links available to you - there's no need to wait!

User Tip - Band-in-a-Box Video Score (Win/Mac)

Check out a great tip Pipeline shared for creating a video score!

Have a tip of your own to share? Feel free to post it to our Tips & Tricks forum!

Thanks for sharing, Pipeline!

New "Feature Browser" in Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac

Band-in-a-Box® has so many features! We add 50 new ones with every version, so you may have forgotten all the different things that Band-in-a-Box® can do. Fortunately, with the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2020 we've solved this issue by added a Feature Browser!

How does it work? Access this feature by clicking on the [?] button on the main screen of the program or pressing the / Enter keys on the Chord Sheet. This dialog lists many features of the program and allows you to browse them, find the feature by text filter, read descriptions about the feature, find how to launch the feature, access to the online information or video about the feature, and do more.

Examples of a few situations where this feature is helpful:

-You know about a feature but don't know how to find it. Just type a part of the feature name and you'll see the hotkeys, menu, and toolbar info on how to launch it. For example, if you want to launch the Chord Builder but don’t know how to do it, type "builder" in the text filter, and you will quickly find the Chord Builder.
-You are exploring available features for Band-in-a-Box. For example, if you are a guitar player, type the word "guitar" and you'll see what's available.
-You prefer "one-stop-shopping" and would like to launch features from the same dialog.
-You are learning the program and like to browse or watch videos about topics you're interested in.
You can't remember hotkeys and want to review them.

Watch this new feature in action when you jump to the subject in our New Features video: 10:20 - New Feature - Feature Browser

(read more about this feature in our Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Mac Online Upgrade Manual.)

Videos - 202 New RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac®!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2020, we've added 202 new RealTracks! These include great Americana, Gospel Vocals, new Blues, Country Pollwinners, Bossa Flute/Horn sections, Jazz Blues and Rhythm Changes, British and Hazy '60s guitars, Modern Funk, Island Grooves with steel drum and marimba, Singer-Songwriter, and more!

Get the newest RealTracks Sets 329-352 when you purchase the PlusPAK upgrade (ideal for 2019 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+ customers) for just $99 during our special (reg. $129).

Want the entire RealTracks collection with over 2,900 RealTracks? They are included with any Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Mac UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Learn more about the 202 new RealTracks with our latest video: Summary of the 202 New RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2020.

Want to watch even more RealTracks content? Check out this video, which is the "extended version" video demonstrating the newest RealTracks Sets 329-352 - click here to watch.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Patch Update Ready! (Build 321)

Still using Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac? There's a new FREE patch available! Click here to read more and download this free patch update (Build 321).

Summary of changes for build 321 (Mar 23, 2020):
Fixed: Song title will be changed to ? when re-saving if it previously contained international characters like é or ©.
Fixed: Event List window is using wrong colors.
Fixed: Some song titles are blank in the Song Titles dialog.
Fixed: Clicking on Print Chords from the chord sheet context menu causes application to crash.
Fixed: On some computers the application will crash when opening the Piano Roll window.
Fixed: Gender Param. setting was ignored in the Generate Synthetic Vocal dialog.
Fixed: Vibrato Intensity setting was ignored in the Generate Synthetic Vocal dialog.
Fixed: Pitch shifting setting was ignored in the Generate Synthetic Vocal dialog.
Fixed: There is no option to cancel when generating a synthetic vocal.
Fixed: The Vocal Synth feature would freeze for various operating systems.
Fixed: Language selection for the Vocal Synth generator was wrong.
Fixed: Possible crash when using the Audio Chord Wizard.
Fixed: Jazz Up or Jazz Down was not undoable.
Fixed: Dropping video files onto the Video RealTracks dialog failed, displaying flash message reporting that the video format was not compatible.
Fixed: The copyright button in the Print Options dialog did not do anything.
Fixed: Soloist > Edit Soloist Track > Remove Harmony would display popup message "not implemented".
Fixed: Soloist > Edit Soloist Track > Convert Harmony to Soloist Track would also launch the Generate Chords and/or Melody dialog.
Fixed: Soloist > Edit Soloist Track > Auto-Rechannel to Guitar Display would also toggle Embellish Melody.
Fixed: Possible crash when opening Song Picker dialog.
Fixed: Edit > Song Form > Unfold does not remove the tag ending.
Fixed: Application crash when using Edit > Song Form > Unfold if song contains tag ending.
Fixed: Tracks are listed twice in the Load XML File dialog.
Fixed: The note name indicator in the Notation window was not displaying.
Fixed: "...NOT rendered successfully to disk” error when using "Export Song as M4A" or "Export Song as AIFF".
Fixed: "invalid integer" error when loading some ABC files.
Fixed: "There was an error converting” error when attempting to import compressed audio files (.m4a, .mp3, etc.)
Fixed: User is not asked to save their song after applying a harmony to Melody or Soloist track.
Fixed: The demo player might fail to play a local file.
Fixed: There should be a warning message when opening the Notation window if the notation fonts are not installed.
Fixed: If opening a song from an version 2017 or earlier, any Audio Chord Wizard bar lines might be offset.
Fixed: The Guitar window did not display the capo.
Improved: Guitar capo setting can be changed by right-clicking the fret position bar.
Fixed: The Chord Builder did not update position when clicking on a different bar in the chord sheet.
Fixed: Changing a custom track label had not option to Undo, and did not prompt user to save song.
Fixed: Importing an ABCNotation file would not include the key signature.
Fixed: ABC files only opening some chords.
Fixed: Problem storing minor keys.
Fixed: MusicXML files created by Band-in-a-Box cannot be loaded by Band-in-a-Box if song title contains & (ampersand).
Improved: More detailed bootup log.

Shipping Status Report - Updated Daily!

As you will note, there are some countries that have temporarily suspended delivery or longer than normal delivery times.

Our list for you based on Courier vs Mail service can be viewed here.

We will be updating this list daily.

Forum Stats
31483 Members
65 Forums
63187 Topics
534664 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Harald Inen, Musictherapist I, ThomasAZ, Byrt, RUB

31482 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 236