Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: chulaivet1966
Originally Posted By: JohnJohnJohn
no religion should have any sort of official place or preferential treatment in our government. Not yours, not mine, not no one's! Keep your religion where it belongs...in your heart and in your home and in your church. And feel free to wear jewelry and clothing branded for your religion. That all fits under freedom of speech. But don't expect to be able to preach inside our public schools! It ain't allowed and it never should have been allowed!

I endorse the above....kinda reminds me of Matthew 6:6. smile

Quote:
Matthew 6:6 NIV

6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Well said and good choice of scripture quote. I also like the verse before.

Quote:
Matthew 6:5 NIV

"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full.

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
The so called “war on Christianity” in the USA is virtually non-existent.

The example Mac gave of the 2 wanna be chaplains wasn’t an example of discrimination. It was an example of a supervisor trying to keep 2 nut jobs out of the VA hospitals and keep them from running up and down the halls harassing sick veterans with hell fire and brimstone.

Last edited by bobcflatpicker; 11/13/13 03:28 PM.
Off-Topic
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Atheists are so fulla themselves and themselves only, I always love it when an Atheist who first tells me that the Bible is a "myth" then proceeds to do what we see here, quote the Bible.

See, they think that they are so superior and so much more intelligent than us stupid little Christians that we won't notice that absurd disconnect.

Or maybe the overzealous ego of self leads them to the erroneous belief that they can control us by quoting the very same scriptures that they claim to have no belief in whatsoever.

Always entertaining to see, though. cool

--Mac

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Nonsense Mac. I was quoting the bible for your benefit.

Off-Topic
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Nonsense back at you, BobC, you neither want nor care about "my benefits" - which is exactly what this thread is about, my benefits as a veteran.

--Mac

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Mac
Nonsense back at you, BobC, you neither want nor care about "my benefits" - which is exactly what this thread is about, my benefits as a veteran.

--Mac

Mac,

Since I started the thread, I should know what it's about.

It's about thanking our veterans for their service.

You are the one who injected religion into the discussion.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
There is no doubt at all that wars have been fought against evil and the USA has more than done its part in combating evil and the tyrants of the world.

But at the same time its a crazy situation to give a 18 or a 19 year old a machine gun and send him off to war, im a lot of cases he/she probably has not the maturity to be in charge of such a weapon and untimately innocent people get killed. All nations do this so I can't think of any solution as an alternative.

As regards religion (being a practicing catholic myself) its good to ask yourself questions and not just accept in blind faith what is written in the bible or what others have told you, as others have told them.

On the other hand I have no time at all for die-hard atheists such as the high profile English Richard Dawkins, who want to push their atheist views down other peoples throats.

I have reached the stage in life that I more or less accept that there may not be an afterlife, that maybe after we die that is it. It would be great to really be sure that there is a God looking down and who will look after us after we die, but He sure as hell has a funny way of doing things when we see the terrible situation in wars and such places as the Philippines. Ah, blame it on nature and mankind not looking after his own, but in my opinion NO Concious being such as a God would idly stand by and see such suffering.

Saying that I go to church every Sunday, I enjoy going and because its the way I was brought up probably at the end a dying man will clutch at a a straw and if that straw is believing or praying to a God, no harm in doing it.

It does give a lot of people a lot of comfort to believe in God and religion and even if there is no afterlife, we will be dead and none the wiser.

When dealing with war and its terrible consequences I am not surprised at all that people bring religion into it, because being part of a war must be one of any human beings most testing experiences.

Musiclover

Last edited by musiclover; 11/13/13 04:30 PM.

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
Off-Topic
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6AYmzunPlQ

A TedX Talk.

There but for the grace of God go I.

The VA gave this young soldier drugs.

Not. Christ.

He served ten years in jail.

Don't waste yer breath, you can't prove that Christ would not have changed this young man's situation.

I, on the other hand, can point to two thousand years of men who have indeed been changed, born again, saved, after witnessing and taking part in the horrors of war.

--Mac

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Midair Mac,

That was a good clip and a snippet of a look inside the mind of a modern day veteran.

I do fail to see how it relates to you injecting a contentious discussion of religion into my desire to thank people like Andrew Chambers for their service to their fellow countrymen.

My gratitude to Andrew and all of his fellow veterans, (including you and my father), have nothing to do with religion.

I only regret that you insisted on converting a thankful comment into a contentious discussion.

Off-Topic
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M

Off-Topic
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Originally Posted By: bobcflatpicker

I only regret that you insisted on converting a thankful comment into a contentious discussion.

All I did was ask for those who would like to do something besides just post a word of thanks on a forum to consider doing something about the fact that Veterans who are Christian and may be in the VA hospital system being treated for life-threatening medical issues be allowed access to Chaplains who excercise that which is part and parcel of the Christian faith - prayer in the name of Jesus.

Here is a quote of my post:

Quote:

Those US citizens who would like to help Veterans might want to help us correct situations such as this one.

These are, after all, one of the freedoms we served and fought to preserve, only to find them being taken away from us at the whim of beaurocrats and not the codified law of the land.

The contention came solely from your side of this thing.

I WILL defend, and that is what seems to irk you guys.

You guys don't seem to realize or even possibly know that we veterans took an oath "to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic".

When we mustered out of service, and thus became Veterans, there was no ceremony nor any form of recension of that oath.

Therefore it still applies.

I for one will not stand silent while hateful types like you guys attempt to illegally stomp all over my God-given rights.

And God-given they are, codified in our Declaration of Independence.

Quote:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Do you have any idea how many US Armed Forces Veterans are Christians?

We. Pray. In. Jesus. Name.

And that, and only that, is what the article I posted is about.

It is a simple thing, but it eems to frighten you types into all sorts of emotional outbursts and false claims for some reason.

--Mac

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
The story about these two chaplains just did not pass the smell test for me. It just didn't seem like a VA professional who routinely provides education to VA chaplains would behave in the manner alleged in the lawsuit. It just so happens that my sister has been with the VA in Long Beach ever since she finished her stint in the army back in the late 70's. I asked if she had heard anything about this and she said there had been some talk about it, and most of the gossip has said that the two Baptist chaplains went into the class and were being deliberately disruptive and it was in fact they who were harassing other participants in the class.

In a nutshell what I was told was the class was covering being sensitive to the wide range of beliefs that veterans have and that proselytizing while ministering to veterans was not appropriate. It seems that the two baptist felt it was their duty to do so and apparently they squared off with not only the instructor, but their fellow chaplains. The bible quoting had to do with these guys using the bible to back up their position that Jesus expected them to convert people and the opinion of the VA on that matter be damned. After a prolonged period of disrupting the class, they were asked to either drop the confrontation or get gone.

Keith
2024 Audiophile Windows 11 AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 3960X 4.5GHZ 128 GB RAM 2 Nvidia RTX 3090s, Vegas,Acid,SoundForge,Izotope Production,Melodyne Studio,Cakewalk,Raven Mti
Off-Topic
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Hearsay is not evidence.

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Quote:
The story about these two chaplains just did not pass the smell test for me.

It didn’t pass the smell test for me either. The majority of the article comes from the viewpoint of the lawyer for the complainants and he is posturing so I take what he has to say with a grain of salt and there is no doubt a lot more to the story than what’s contained in the article.

Quote:
The VA did not return telephone calls, but they did release a statement to NBC San Diego. The VA said the two men were “bullying other classmates and refusing to honor other faith groups.”

From the goarmy site: http://www.goarmy.com/chaplain/about.html

Quote:
Army Chaplains are expected to observe the distinctive doctrines of their faith while also honoring the right of others to observe their own faith. The Army is a pluralistic environment. Rabbis, Ministers, Imams and Priests serve our Soldiers with conviction and commitment. While serving their own faith groups in the Army, chaplains also ensure and provide the means for others to observe their own faith in accordance with US law and regulations.

If I thought for one minute that the rights of religious freedom were being denied to our current and former military personnel then I’d start firing off angry emails and phone calls to my senators and congressman. The words of that attorney didn’t convince me that was happening.

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Hearsay is not evidence.

True, but then anything from Fox News is probably spun until whatever truth was there is wrung out. I understand that you felt you had enough evidence to start encouraging people to call their congressmen but the whole story sounded suspicious to me. I have the instructor's email address. I don't know if she'll answer me, but I'm trying to get her side of the story.

Keith
2024 Audiophile Windows 11 AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 3960X 4.5GHZ 128 GB RAM 2 Nvidia RTX 3090s, Vegas,Acid,SoundForge,Izotope Production,Melodyne Studio,Cakewalk,Raven Mti
Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
One of the most wonderful things about The United States is we do not have an official religion; everyone is free to believe what they want or not believe in any religion if they choose.

And I am also delighted that the de facto standard is changing rapidly so we are approaching a time when there will be no "unofficial religion" as well. I know this is painful for those who believe their religion is the only correct one and have enjoyed being the de facto standard for quite some time.

But this is truly good for our country, a country of Muslims and Jews and Christians and Buddhists and Atheists and Agnostics and Secular Humanists and lots of others as well!

So, if these Baptist chaplains felt their purpose in VA hospitals was in any way to spread their preferred religion then it is a Very Good Thing that they were removed. I would hope the VA would do the exact same thing to Muslim chaplains who wished to promote Islam to our wounded soldiers or Jewish Chaplains who wished to promote Judaism and so on.

Last edited by JohnJohnJohn; 11/14/13 12:39 PM.
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
.....even arrests onto Christians meeting in their own homes for at least two decades and counting.
You can provide an example of Xtians being arrested in their homes for practicing their religion?

Keith
Off-Topic
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Quote:

Army Chaplains are expected to observe the distinctive doctrines of their faith while also honoring the right of others to observe their own faith.

Praying in the name of Jesus is the most distinctive part of the faith.

If Chaplains are ordered not to use Jesus' name, then something is not right.

The article I pointed to is not the first and not the only instance of this kind of thing going on in the US Military, not hardly. Focusing on the one story is not going to help you guys make your case.

As for "honoring the right of others to observe their own faith" -- This too is another herring thrown out by the opposition. Some in this very thread have gone there, talking about what a Christian chaplain must know to do if in a position of having to substitute as a chaplain for another religion. And that has nothing whatever to do with telling a chaplain what cannot be said when ministering to people of that chaplain's chosen faith. Besides that, the substitution of chaplains is a rule for ACTIVE military when deployed or in combat. This is the Veteran's Administration system and veterans are never deployed or in combat, we've already been there and done that. We Christian Veterans just want to be able to have our Chaplains and have them do what our faith requires, which in this case is simply to be able to pray in the name of Christ.

It is speech.

Whenever someone, anyone, who is in a position of authority of any kind oversteps their bounds and attempts the tyranny of censorship -- which is what you guys are advocating, actually -- someone's constitutional rights are being violated.

--Mac

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Quote:
Whenever someone, anyone, who is in a position of authority of any kind oversteps their bounds and attempts the tyranny of censorship -- which is what you guys are advocating, actually -- someone's constitutional rights are being violated.

Mac,

We commented on the article you posted. I don't know if anything in the article is true. The VA and the teacher can't really say much now that the lawsuit has been filed and I'm not going to accept a lawyers statement as fact without hearing out the other side.

I definitely don't advocate censorship, but as far as the rules on chaplains from the military, when preachers of any faith choose to be a chaplain they have to abide by the military's rules. If they can't accept those rules, they shouldn't become chaplains.

Every member of the military gives up a TON of freedoms when you join. You are agreeing to allow someone to tell you when to eat, when to sleep, when to take a shower, how to dress, how to act, how to think, what to do, when to do it, etc.

For the record, I fully support a ministers right to pray in Jesus' name. I also think that same preacher should exercise a little consideration for other peoples faith in an interfaith service or situation.

I just haven't seen anything conclusive that says they are being told not to use Jesus' name in a Christian service.

Last edited by bobcflatpicker; 11/14/13 03:39 PM.
Off-Topic
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
'God Bless America' gets veteran in hot water with employer

Source is: KCRA TV, not Fox, not hardly.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,462
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195