Print Thread
Go To
Page 15 of 17 1 2 13 14 15 16 17
Mus #224158 11/30/13 07:46 AM
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Journeyman
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: Mus
Well, it would be great if they have spent the time making the holds, shots and endings sound more natural across all styles and maybe fixing the midi file output.

Already a great product for the most part but I find these 'little' things spoil it sometimes. Very fiddly to get them all right I daresay but essential for the finished article.

I would rather they did that than release more and more Gigabytes of real instruments that only work 90%.

Cheers
M

I agree, the intros and endings seem an after thought but a good ending or intro can really make a song come alive. The other thing I've noticed is that the sound quality between real styles vary a lot. This is not so could if putting an album together and you use different styles from say "country" sets. Some will have better drums sounds than others, better base sounds than others etc. The differences are massive. I doubt PG Music could solve that but certainly record new real tracks with better levels, mixing and recording equipment for better continuity between tracks.

Pat Marr #224312 11/30/13 02:19 PM
Expert
Expert
Ruby took me years to learn Cubase, I haven't used it at all this year. BIAB I use every day and I have never 'learnt' the program. I just type in some chords, pick a style and off I go, sometimes I dont even have to do this!

If you learn RB then the fundamentals of recording will be apparent without the numerous options, and options of the options of the options that Cubase has.

Tinny speakers - not good for mixing, but... listening to the final mix through them is educational as that is what your listeners may be using. Many great producers do this - Phil Spector, Quincy.. so you just might want to keep them in your studio smile

Last edited by ZeroZero; 11/30/13 02:23 PM.

Win 11 64, Asus Rog Strix z390 mobo, 64 gig RAM, 8700k
Pat Marr #224505 11/30/13 11:34 PM
Apprentice
Apprentice
WOW 2014 is here!! This is UNBELIEVABLE! Now Let me go back to see the details!

Pat Marr #224513 11/30/13 11:55 PM
Veteran
Veteran
Yes, version 2014 has been here for two hours now, and there are great discounts in effect through the end of December.

We'll see you on the forum with user questions now, right? Enjoy.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Matt Finley #224521 12/01/13 12:50 AM
Apprentice
Apprentice
I just bought BiaB WOW I AM IN THE GAME of production. My songwriting will be back better than ever. My online albums will be in over 750 Stores. My dreams are coming true!!! lol I just ordered it all for 709 dollars total. I got the 25 dollar bonus deal. The audiophile version. They don't cut the prices for first time buyers. So I get no discounts I guess. I think they should have gave me 50 dollars off though really. But anyway I put it all on my credit card. I didn't get around to saving any money for it. I think I will pay maybe 159.00 on it tonight though. That leaves me a balance of 550 dollars. Next month pay 200. So as you can see this won't be costing me in interest. I am looking forward to getting started with this soon.

Hey Matt Finley, by the way. Do you think they added quite a bit to the program this year? Do you think it sounds like more than usual? What did you think when you first read what you are getting in the 2014 version? Since you are very experienced with this program and what you usually get. Do you think they gave you more than you expected? Let me know please.

Thanks,
Sly Ruby

Last edited by SlyRuby; 12/01/13 12:52 AM.
ZeroZero #224522 12/01/13 12:58 AM
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks for the advice ZeroZero,

I like the Real Band idea for me. I don't need all the hundreds or Cubase nonsense they give you. I will do like you. Enjoy BiaB. Have some good times. Make some great recordings. No need to act like a multi-million dollar producer with a million options. How about enjoy BiaB with all the options you need. Keeping it to a happy medium with everything you need to make your songs sound great!! WOW!

It will be in the mail come Monday I am sure!!

Pat Marr #224530 12/01/13 01:41 AM
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yes Finely, now I will inundate the forum with questions instead of my BiaB dreams! I will add more substance to the forum with questions and when I learn some things I will answer some questions later also lol

Pat Marr #224537 12/01/13 02:21 AM
Veteran
Veteran
Congratulations on your purchase. Yes, I am a twenty-year user. In all that time, I have never been disappointed in a new version. Sometimes we don't get all that we asked for in new features, but that is always offset by brilliant innovations that we come to appreciate once we understand them. This version includes changes that address two common requests, to overhaul the user interface and allow users to create their own RealTracks. As time goes on, that will be a game changer for this program. Don't overlook some of the exciting developments in MIDI, too. There's more than enough new here to excite.

And it's not a well-kept secret that some of us are beta testers, so we have been using the new program for awhile. That's why I'm hanging around tonight, to answer questions about the new version where I can. My knowledge goes way beyond reading about the new features.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Pat Marr #224539 12/01/13 02:46 AM
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hey I just ordered the 669 Audiophile deal. But I just noticed this Omnipack for 769.00. Maybe I should get that. Does any of you know about that one? Sounds like you get a lot more. I may have to cancel to order that. Tell me more about that if you can.

Matt Finley #224552 12/01/13 03:47 AM
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley

And it's not a well-kept secret that some of us are beta testers, so we have been using the new program for awhile. That's why I'm hanging around tonight, to answer questions about the new version where I can. My knowledge goes way beyond reading about the new features.

Matt, some screen captures of the new user interface would be great!

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
AudioTrack #224558 12/01/13 04:15 AM
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Matt, some screen captures of the new user interface would be great!

The BiaB 2014 New Features video right on the PGMusic homepage provides you with way more than just a few screenshots.

Have fun

Martin
AudioTrack #224605 12/01/13 07:06 AM
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M

Here's a screenshot of Ray's setup, taken during the beta, chosen because I thought it looks nice.

Bear in mind that things like toolbars, etc. at the top half are User Customizable now, you can choose to eliminate or add icons, etc. in order to have what YOU want to see at any given time.

--Mac

Matt Finley #224910 12/02/13 02:54 AM
Apprentice
Apprentice
You are saying now people can create their own Real Tracks? Before nobody could create them? But now they can? How was this allowed? What did they do to the program that made this possible? Also if this is true will producers be out selling BiaB Real Tracks that they have created themselves? So we will see Larry's Jazz Real Tracks for 50 dollars online?

Also I cancelled out my order and bought the OmniPAK Audiophile for 100 more dollars. Coming to 809.00 delivered. I thought maybe I should go for it. I just bought a new guitar a few months ago and it looks like they have a lot of nice lessons. If I can learn something from these lessons I will have spent my 100 dollars wisely. If I were to buy all of these separately it would cost me a bundle. Some of the program I might never use. But I think it might have been a good idea to go for it.

I also went for the 25 dollar Bonus for the 2014. So I got everything I could get. This is a good investment for me. I know 800 dollars is a lot for poor boy's on a limited income but I will take maybe 4 months to pay this off. When I start putting together some great tracks with this I can start my songwriting. I will put together my music first. Then I will put my words and music to my tracks. Start writing my albums. I will listen to The Great American Songbook for some great ideas.

I sing these songs in Second Life Live all of the time. I try and emulate the singers most of the time. Sinatra, Perry Como, Dean Martin, Tony Bennett. I do my best. If I can write songs similar to what these guys have done WOW! But who knows what I will come up with. As I said before one of my first projects is to do something like Sinatra did with Antonio Carlos Jobim with some Bossa Nova flavor to it. That is my hope. I think they have a lot of Bossa Nova with BiaB.

Anyway I will have plenty to work on in 2014. I am sure some of my BiaB productions will be great. I will become a prolific songwriter again after many years of not writing. I will create my own music business. No need to contact any of the Big Shot companies. No need to beg for their acceptance. I am doing my own thing. I will sell some online albums. Even if it is 2 or 3 albums a month I am a winner lol. This is all for my own satisfaction. Sure who knows I might try to submit them to a couple companies for kicks later. But really it is all for my own entertainment!! We are all stars wit BiaB by our side!!

Sly Ruby #224913 12/02/13 03:09 AM
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Sly

Congratulations on your purchase. I wish you the very best, and encourage you to be patient and take your time to learn all of the fantastic features that this program suite can provide.

I think we all admire your enthusiasm, and hope you achieve all of your aims.

Welcome to the Band in A Box Club!

Regards
Video Track

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Sly Ruby #224924 12/02/13 05:17 AM
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: SlyRuby
... Also I cancelled out my order and bought the OmniPAK Audiophile for 100 more dollars. Coming to 809.00 delivered. I thought maybe I should go for it. I just bought a new guitar a few months ago and it looks like they have a lot of nice lessons...

I can't find any reference to the audiophile "omnipak" anywhere. Where is that discussed?

Now at bandcamp: Crows Say Vee-Eh @ bandcamp or soundcloud: Kevin @ soundcloud
Kemmrich #224926 12/02/13 05:36 AM
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Kemmrich

I can't find any reference to the audiophile "omnipak" anywhere. Where is that discussed?

OmniPak is shown from the online store page, Click on this Link...

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
OmniPak.png (60.98 KB, 86 downloads)

Pat Marr #224932 12/02/13 06:12 AM
Expert
Expert
VideoTrack -- that was easy enough! (ha, ha).

Now at bandcamp: Crows Say Vee-Eh @ bandcamp or soundcloud: Kevin @ soundcloud
Kemmrich #224935 12/02/13 06:28 AM
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Kemmrich
VideoTrack -- that was easy enough! (ha, ha).

But I have to admit, it's tucked away a bit and certainly doesn't jump out at us, like the others do. Maybe it's one of Peter's secrets wink

Pat Marr #224972 12/02/13 09:55 AM
Journeyman
Journeyman
Why not retire this post and start a 2014 - "as its happening" one?

I'm doing allright for Country Trash ....

I used to care, but things have changed (Bob Dylan)

BIAB 2022W + RB
M-Audio FastTrack C600, Rode NT2-A
Digitech VoiceLive 4

Epiphone Sheraton, Ibanez 12str, Washburn 6str, Cort 6Str Nylon
Yanagisawa Tenor Sax

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: CountryTrash
Why not retire this post and start a 2014 - "as its happening" one?

Yes, I agree, this thread has followed some very interesting paths. I asked about the same thing a few weeks ago.. Maybe it's time to continue these discussions under an improved / more-relevant topic heading...

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 15 of 17 1 2 13 14 15 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,462
Members38,439
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
MIX-I-MUSIX 2.0, Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz
38,441 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195