You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#225512 - 12/04/13 12:59 AM [UserTracks (and other add-ons)] Welcome to the UserTracks forum!
Loc: Victoria, BC
Andrew - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
There are a number of add-ons that people can make for Band-in-a-Box. This forum is for discussions about them. If you’ve made some, and want to give them away (or sell them), tell the world about them here! Or ask questions if you’re wondering how to make them.

-----
1. UserTracks.

These are like RealTracks. You record a WAV file along to a standard BiaB song (SGU). Put it in a folder (the folder’s name is the name you want for the UserTracks), and then put the folder in the RealTracks\UserTracks folder. You can add multiple sgu/wav songs to the same folder to get more variations.

-----
2. MIDI Styles.

-----
3. RealDrums.

You can make RealDrums, just like we do. You need to record a single WAV file of drums playing. This is described in detail on our website:
http://www.pgmusic.com/tutorial_realdrums_stylemaking.htm

-----
4. Plugins (process MIDI data, read/write BB tracks etc.).

Likely not that useful now, because the plugins only work on MIDI data. In the past, these have been used to make Roland GS editors etc., that plug in to BB. You need to be a programmer to do this (C++ or Delphi or VB).

-----
5. VST plugins.

Most VST plugins (synths, effects, or special uses) work in Band-in-a-Box. For example, forum member Paul Warren made a great plugin that gives Band-in-a-Box support for Multiple MIDI outputs (including external MIDI synths).
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=396922&site_id=1#import

-----
6. Add-on MIDI songs (lessons, exercises etc.).

- For example, you could make lessons like 101 riffs for Blues Piano etc.
- Songs can have AudioMemos and VideoMemos associated with them.

-----
7. Artist Performance Files.

These are audio files, that you put on a track, that can also have the MIDI transcription of it. People hear the audio, and see the MIDI in notation/guitar tab etc. For example, if you are a great bluegrass fiddle player, you could put your songs in this format. People can listen to your real playing, see the notes on screen, slow them down etc. - all inside Band-in-a-Box where they can do other things like solo/mute other tracks, mix them etc.

-----
8. Loops.

To make these, you just make WAV or WMA files (m4a for Mac), and put them in the C:\bb\RealTracks\Loops folder.

Loops can be:

1. Nature sounds (no tempo stretching or transpose).
2. Drums/percussion sounds (tempo stretched, but no transpose).
3. Pitched sounds (tempo stretched and transposed to current chord).

#225658 - 12/04/13 03:07 PM [UserTracks (and other add-ons)] Re: Welcome to the UserTracks forum! [Re: Andrew - PG Music]
TexasHeartRush Offline
Apprentice

Hey Andrew! Thanks for this forum and post. EDIT: No longer relevant post. Cheers.

#225664 - 12/04/13 03:38 PM [UserTracks (and other add-ons)] Re: Welcome to the UserTracks forum! [Re: Andrew - PG Music]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Quote:
You can add multiple sgu/wav songs to the same folder to get more variations.

And, I assume, multiple keys. Cool!

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#225673 - 12/04/13 04:05 PM [UserTracks (and other add-ons)] Re: Welcome to the UserTracks forum! [Re: Andrew - PG Music]
Loc: Philly
PhillyJazz Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Philly
I just dabbled with it today ( I do have a day job which suffers greatly from my BIAB ownership as it is.) I scatted a few choruses to Rhythm Changes and "There will never be Another You."

The UserTrack DID actually work. My singing is reprehensible (and the playback stretched me from basso profundo to Munchkin territory,) but I DID make a UserTrack. Maybe this weekend, I'll try it with a horn and see what happens.

I'd be interested in a tad more documentation (limiting ranges etc.) I notice it doesn't transcribe, but that is no biggie. Don't want anyone stealing my licks THAT easily .... smile

Edited by PhillyJazz (12/04/13 04:06 PM)
Samsung m.2 SSD Boot drive,other internal and USB drives.
Scarlett 6i6
Ketron SD4,SD1000
Yamaha RX-v381amp
VB-Audio virtual cables

#225677 - 12/04/13 04:15 PM [UserTracks (and other add-ons)] Re: Welcome to the UserTracks forum! [Re: Andrew - PG Music]
Loc: Australia
Beachboy Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Australia
Thanks Andrew,
I think this will be an interesting forum.
Col

#225688 - 12/04/13 05:20 PM [UserTracks (and other add-ons)] Re: Welcome to the UserTracks forum! [Re: Beachboy]
Loc: Mountain Home, Arkansas
earl kirby Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Mountain Home, Arkansas
big big thanks on this. I see this opening up all kind of possibilities for future real tracks. One I hope to create is a tailgate trombone for dixie backup instead of full solo. busy with work right now so might be a while but I will be here checking regular to try and keep u.

#225715 - 12/04/13 06:52 PM [UserTracks (and other add-ons)] Re: Welcome to the UserTracks forum! [Re: Andrew - PG Music]
TexasHeartRush Offline
Apprentice

Edit: Thank you!

#225727 - 12/04/13 07:38 PM [UserTracks (and other add-ons)] Re: Welcome to the UserTracks forum! [Re: Andrew - PG Music]
Loc: California
Robh Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
In my folders i have BB\realtracks\usertracks and in their there is a folder with accordian sounds and a folder with templates in it.

When i hit generate user track, it finds those but nothing happens, and i get a access violation.

Me thinks user tracks is not quite baked yet. still soft in the middle.
Lenovo Win 10 8 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Professional, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, jazz bass clone, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#225730 - 12/04/13 07:53 PM [UserTracks (and other add-ons)] Re: Welcome to the UserTracks forum! [Re: Andrew - PG Music]
PeterGannon Offline
PG Music Staff

Hi

You should watch the video on the home page. Starting at the 20:00 position.

You need a my song.wav and a my song.sgu.
You need to create a folder called
My first Usertracks (or whatever)
Put the sgu/wav in the folder.

And put that folder in your \realtracks\usertracks folder

#225876 - 12/05/13 02:01 PM [UserTracks (and other add-ons)] Re: Welcome to the UserTracks forum! [Re: Andrew - PG Music]
Loc: United Kingdom
Paul Haynes Offline
Journeyman

Loc: United Kingdom
Mmm I'm a little confused? Will UserTracks work for a strumming/pick guitarist like myself? I also play shakers and tambourine. But I cannot play melody. So how would Usertracks work for me, if at all?

#225956 - 12/05/13 07:19 PM [UserTracks (and other add-ons)] Re: Welcome to the UserTracks forum! [Re: TexasHeartRush]
Leon Carpenter Offline
Apprentice

I look forward to anything recorded with your great playing skills. I did notice that you are using 2013. If you have not upgraded to 2014, you may need the latest version to have that folder in BB. Just a thought.------Leon

#225984 - 12/05/13 09:22 PM [UserTracks (and other add-ons)] Re: Welcome to the UserTracks forum! [Re: Andrew - PG Music]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
To paraphrase the late, great Barney Fife (Don Knotts on the Andy Griffith Show), "Peter, this is going to be big! Really, really big!" laugh
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB SSD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#228118 - 12/14/13 04:06 AM [UserTracks (and other add-ons)] Re: Welcome to the UserTracks forum! [Re: Andrew - PG Music]
dedou83 Offline

hello andrew,

Very good idea this function to create its own "x"Tracks: BIAB remains open and is still evolving (I had the first version of DOS computer diskette!)

And thank you for this forum software!

bonjour andrew,
Très bonne idée cette fonction de pouvoir créer ses propres Tracks : BIAB reste un logiciel ouvert et évolue toujours (j'ai eu la première version sous DOS en format disquette!!!) et merci pour ce forum !

André (From south of France)

#230969 - 12/27/13 01:33 AM [UserTracks (and other add-ons)] Re: Welcome to the UserTracks forum! [Re: PeterGannon]
rwiegert Offline

Hello, When you use the my song template your loading your realtracks. How do I include let's say a bass track, then a guitar track, etc,. It is very confusing at least to me. Please take it step by step.

Thank you,

Bob

#237555 - 01/28/14 10:30 AM [UserTracks (and other add-ons)] Re: Welcome to the UserTracks forum! [Re: Andrew - PG Music]
howtoplaybassdotcom Offline
Apprentice

Great idea! One question- ok two - first, will this feature (creating your own real tracks) be available in Mac 2014 version? And if so, will user tracks we make in Mac be playable for Windows users and vice versa?

Paul

#237649 - 01/28/14 10:41 PM [UserTracks (and other add-ons)] Re: Welcome to the UserTracks forum! [Re: howtoplaybassdotcom]
solidrock Offline
Expert

It should be in MACBB2014 ? I converted the recorded wav file to Mac m4a and aif and it didn't work in windows! it exports to m4a you would think it would read it also ! but MacBB reads wav ok, so to get them to work in Win you would have to convert the m4a or aif to wav or wma I would think, the other files in the UT Folder should work fine.

#241363 - 02/25/14 09:48 AM [UserTracks (and other add-ons)] Re: Welcome to the UserTracks forum! [Re: solidrock]
howtoplaybassdotcom Offline
Apprentice

Thanks! Can't wait for this feature.

#388123 - 01/03/17 09:01 AM [UserTracks (and other add-ons)] Re: Welcome to the UserTracks forum! [Re: Beachboy]
Promolyrics Offline

It is indeed!

#411062 - 05/06/17 03:14 PM [UserTracks (and other add-ons)] Re: Welcome to the UserTracks forum! [Re: Andrew - PG Music]
cecilnjeanie Offline

is there a way of creating a real track file that includes multi riffs?

#411068 - 05/06/17 04:01 PM [UserTracks (and other add-ons)] Re: Welcome to the UserTracks forum! [Re: cecilnjeanie]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

If you are talking about MultiRiffs for UserTracks please post a request here: http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=newpost&Board=34

Moderator:  Andrew - PG Music, PeterGannon 
PG Music News
RealBand 2019 Online and PDF Manuals Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page for access to the latest RealBand 2019 for Windows program manuals!

RealBand 2019 for Windows User's Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download
RealBand 2019 for Windows New Features Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download

RealBand 2019 is included in every purchase of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows! Don't forget.... We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2018 - save over 40% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade! Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Online and PDF Manuals Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page for access to the latest Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows program manuals!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows User's Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade Manual: Online Manual | PDF Download

Don't forget.... We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2018 - save over 40% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade! Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 on a USB 3.0 Hard Drive - Speed Thrills!

We're excited to say that all Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows UltraPAK and UltraPAK+ orders now ship on a USB 3.0 hard drive!

What does this mean? Faster hard drive transfer rates will enhance the program operations (faster time to generate tracks, reduced audio artifacts) and offer faster transfer speeds (typically up to 3x faster)!

It's a great time to order your UltraPAK or UltraPAK+ Upgrade... they're ON SALE until December 31st!

Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® New Features!

Our "Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows®! New Features, RealTracks, and other content!" video is now ready! Get to know all about the newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2019: Click here to watch...

We have listed a table of contents for this video, you'll see it within the YouTube video description, or by visiting this forum post.

RealBand 2019 - A New Look!

Have you opened up your RealBand 2019 yet? You may notice that we've given it a fresh new look! In fact, there are now 3 different looks to RealBand.

See for yourself! Within the program, visit Options | Icon Set and choose from: Classic, Modern 1, or Modern 2.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows - Choosing to Run 64-bit or 32-bit

We heard you! With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows we've included the BRAND NEW 64-bit version of Band-in-a-Box®, which works well with the latest plugins and 64-bit OS features! Because not everyone has a 64-bit computer, we include both the 64-bit and 32-bit versions with your purchase - you choose which one to use!

By default, when you install your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows the 32-bit version will run.

The steps to run the 64-bit version are simple! Just head to your "bb" folder and choose the "bbw64" icon - you'll notice that the Band-in-a-Box® "splash screen" will state "64-bit" as the program opens.
(and if you open the 32-bit version, the "splash screen" will state "32-bit")

Still not certain which version you're running? Within the program, go to Help | About Band-in-a-Box - it'll either state:

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Version 2019 (604)
<--- the number in brackets is the build number - this will change as new patch updates are released
64 bit application

or:

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Version 2019 (604)
<--- the number in brackets is the build number - this will change as new patch updates are released
32 bit application

We hope everyone who can is enjoying their Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit version for Windows!

NEW! Style-style-style Additions and Enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows!

With over 64 new features and enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019, we've made sure to add to, enhance, and update some of the Style features within the program: StylePicker, StyleMaker, and Song Titles browser within the StylePicker!

StylePicker Enhancements:
-If the style list needs rebuild, it tells you that within the StylePicker, instead of a message that requires a response.
-The rebuild is faster than before by 75%. It takes 1/4 of the time now.
-While the style list is being rebuilt, you can see the progress inside the StylePicker.
-The style list can be filtered by a specific RealTracks/RealDrums/MIDI SuperTracks or RealTracks/MIDI SuperTracks in a certain number range.
-You can filter the style list by a specific Xtra Styles PAK.
-The dialog to select an Xtra Styles PAK has a button to take you to the PG Music website that shows information about Xtra Styles PAKs.
-The StylePicker can list all styles (including N/A styles) in the default display.
-The Set number display is improved, including sort by type and Xtra styles.

StyleMaker Improvements:

-The new MIDI velocity offset allows you to make styles with altered loudness for MIDI tracks.
-Styles can be saved with information like a memo, examples, genres, and more, which will be displayed in the StylePicker.
-You can import information from another style. This is useful when you are making a similar style.
-A style can have a huge number of RealTracks (up to 70!) because the StyleMaker now supports RealTracks multi/medley feature, which allows a single track to have up to 10 simultaneous playing of RealTracks.

Song Titles Browser Enhancement

-We’ve added 300 more song titles including requests from users, so there are now over 10,600 titles.
-The chord density filter is available, and it’s also displayed in the memo.
-The chord complexity filter is available.

Review all the new features of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 here.

Forum Stats
28430 Members
58 Forums
55208 Topics
459759 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
paulpno, Ixion, Justin P, thierry.inconnu, drolander

28429 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 341
Pipeline 314