Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Add-ons and UserTracks for Band-in-a-Box
PG Music Staff
OP Offline
PG Music Staff
There are a number of add-ons that people can make for Band-in-a-Box. This forum is for discussions about them. If you’ve made some, and want to give them away (or sell them), tell the world about them here! Or ask questions if you’re wondering how to make them.

-----
1. UserTracks.

These are like RealTracks. You record a WAV file along to a standard BiaB song (SGU). Put it in a folder (the folder’s name is the name you want for the UserTracks), and then put the folder in the RealTracks\UserTracks folder. You can add multiple sgu/wav songs to the same folder to get more variations.

-----
2. MIDI Styles.

-----
3. RealDrums.

You can make RealDrums, just like we do. You need to record a single WAV file of drums playing. This is described in detail on our website:
http://www.pgmusic.com/tutorial_realdrums_stylemaking.htm

-----
4. Plugins (process MIDI data, read/write BB tracks etc.).

Likely not that useful now, because the plugins only work on MIDI data. In the past, these have been used to make Roland GS editors etc., that plug in to BB. You need to be a programmer to do this (C++ or Delphi or VB).

-----
5. VST plugins.

Most VST plugins (synths, effects, or special uses) work in Band-in-a-Box. For example, forum member Paul Warren made a great plugin that gives Band-in-a-Box support for Multiple MIDI outputs (including external MIDI synths).
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=396922&site_id=1#import

-----
6. Add-on MIDI songs (lessons, exercises etc.).

- For example, you could make lessons like 101 riffs for Blues Piano etc.
- Songs can have AudioMemos and VideoMemos associated with them.

-----
7. Artist Performance Files.

These are audio files, that you put on a track, that can also have the MIDI transcription of it. People hear the audio, and see the MIDI in notation/guitar tab etc. For example, if you are a great bluegrass fiddle player, you could put your songs in this format. People can listen to your real playing, see the notes on screen, slow them down etc. - all inside Band-in-a-Box where they can do other things like solo/mute other tracks, mix them etc.

-----
8. Loops.

To make these, you just make WAV or WMA files (m4a for Mac), and put them in the C:\bb\RealTracks\Loops folder.

Loops can be:

1. Nature sounds (no tempo stretching or transpose).
2. Drums/percussion sounds (tempo stretched, but no transpose).
3. Pitched sounds (tempo stretched and transposed to current chord).

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hey Andrew! Thanks for this forum and post. EDIT: No longer relevant post. Cheers.

Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Quote:
You can add multiple sgu/wav songs to the same folder to get more variations.

And, I assume, multiple keys. Cool!

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
Journeyman
Journeyman
I just dabbled with it today ( I do have a day job which suffers greatly from my BIAB ownership as it is.) I scatted a few choruses to Rhythm Changes and "There will never be Another You."

The UserTrack DID actually work. My singing is reprehensible (and the playback stretched me from basso profundo to Munchkin territory,) but I DID make a UserTrack. Maybe this weekend, I'll try it with a horn and see what happens.

I'd be interested in a tad more documentation (limiting ranges etc.) I notice it doesn't transcribe, but that is no biggie. Don't want anyone stealing my licks THAT easily .... smile

Last edited by PhillyJazz; 12/04/13 02:06 PM.

Jan - 12 Core AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
32GB DDR4
Win 10 64-bit
Samsung m.2 SSD Boot drive,other SSD internal and USB drives.
MOTO 2
Ketron SD4,SD1000
Yamaha RX-v381amp
VB-Audio virtual cables
Journeyman
Journeyman
Thanks Andrew,
I think this will be an interesting forum.
Col

WIN 10, BIAB WIN2022, Studio One 5, Audient iD4
Journeyman
Journeyman
big big thanks on this. I see this opening up all kind of possibilities for future real tracks. One I hope to create is a tailgate trombone for dixie backup instead of full solo. busy with work right now so might be a while but I will be here checking regular to try and keep u.

Dell 610 dual Monitor, win 7-10, Sonar Plat, ProTools 10 & 11, Reaper 4, BIAB/real Band 2022, Easy Drummer, Superior Drummer, Kontact Essentials, Personnel Orchestra, Korg Legacy Analog & Digital
Apprentice
Apprentice
Edit: Thank you!

R
Veteran
Veteran
R
In my folders i have BB\realtracks\usertracks and in their there is a folder with accordian sounds and a folder with templates in it.

When i hit generate user track, it finds those but nothing happens, and i get a access violation.

Me thinks user tracks is not quite baked yet. still soft in the middle.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hi

You should watch the video on the home page. Starting at the 20:00 position.

You need a my song.wav and a my song.sgu.
You need to create a folder called
My first Usertracks (or whatever)
Put the sgu/wav in the folder.

And put that folder in your \realtracks\usertracks folder

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
Journeyman
Journeyman
Mmm I'm a little confused? Will UserTracks work for a strumming/pick guitarist like myself? I also play shakers and tambourine. But I cannot play melody. So how would Usertracks work for me, if at all?

L
Apprentice
Apprentice
L
I look forward to anything recorded with your great playing skills. I did notice that you are using 2013. If you have not upgraded to 2014, you may need the latest version to have that folder in BB. Just a thought.------Leon

Veteran
Veteran
To paraphrase the late, great Barney Fife (Don Knotts on the Andy Griffith Show), "Peter, this is going to be big! Really, really big!" laugh

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
D
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
D
hello andrew,

Very good idea this function to create its own "x"Tracks: BIAB remains open and is still evolving (I had the first version of DOS computer diskette!)

And thank you for this forum software!

bonjour andrew,
Très bonne idée cette fonction de pouvoir créer ses propres Tracks : BIAB reste un logiciel ouvert et évolue toujours (j'ai eu la première version sous DOS en format disquette!!!) et merci pour ce forum !

André (From south of France)

R
R
Hello, When you use the my song template your loading your realtracks. How do I include let's say a bass track, then a guitar track, etc,. It is very confusing at least to me. Please take it step by step.

Thank you,

Bob

H
Apprentice
Apprentice
H
Great idea! One question- ok two - first, will this feature (creating your own real tracks) be available in Mac 2014 version? And if so, will user tracks we make in Mac be playable for Windows users and vice versa?

Paul

Paul Wolfe
how to play bass...learning songs, not scales!
http://www.how-to-play-bass.com
S
Expert
Expert
S
It should be in MACBB2014 ? I converted the recorded wav file to Mac m4a and aif and it didn't work in windows! it exports to m4a you would think it would read it also ! but MacBB reads wav ok, so to get them to work in Win you would have to convert the m4a or aif to wav or wma I would think, the other files in the UT Folder should work fine.

H
Apprentice
Apprentice
H
Thanks! Can't wait for this feature.

Paul Wolfe
how to play bass...learning songs, not scales!
http://www.how-to-play-bass.com
P
P
It is indeed!

C
C
is there a way of creating a real track file that includes multi riffs?

P
Veteran
Veteran
P
If you are talking about MultiRiffs for UserTracks please post a request here: http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=newpost&Board=34

B
Apprentice
Apprentice
B

hello, a simple question, why have you stopped the development of usertrack a feature which for me and for others is essential especially for those who practice other music than those offered by PGMUSIC, please answer this question in order to that all users are fixed.
thank you for your understanding

Last edited by balbuena; 12/29/20 11:02 PM.
M
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
M
hello'I would like more help to create usertracks, I leave here my work with realdrums.
https://www.hotmart.com/product/realdrums-ritmos-brasileiros-band-in-a-box/E48505148W

P
Veteran
Veteran
P
I posted this in the Main forum Brazilian Rhythms of Realdrums

You can put all these in one folder and just choose the Variation.
I made just 4 as an example Brazilian^.zip.mp4 remove .mp4 , you can do the same with the rest and they will all show under Variations.

Have the same wav file name in the txt:

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
BB22-Brazilian-Drums-SubStyles.png (79.6 KB, 323 downloads)
BB22-RD-Txt-Name.png (30.79 KB, 320 downloads)
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
I put all the drums in the one folder, so you will only need to add the original wav in these folders and name it the same as the other files in the folder.
Remove the .mp4 and unzip: Brazilian^All.zip.mp4

M
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
M
obrigado

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,446
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195