You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#228013 - 12/13/13 07:33 PM [User Showcase] Christmas Song - Silent Night
Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Steve Young Offline
Expert

So many nice Christmas songs being posted here this year. I thought I would make my contribution. There have already been a couple versions of Silent Night, but this is one of my favorite carols, so I did my own little arrangement of it. It's kinda thrown together, and I haven't taken the time to really listen critically to it or tweak it. Very busy these days. I hope you enjoy this one. Merry Christmas!

Silent Night

All RT's and RD's, with a little orchestration I played with Logic VSTi's. All the vocals are me (once again, cheap labor).

Here are the RealTracks/RealDrums used...
RealTracks in song: 777:Bass, Acoustic, PopWaltz Ev 085 (A:simple)
RealTracks in song: 780:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm PopWaltz Ev 085 (A:simple)
RealTracks in song: 2053:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking CountryWaltzBrent Sw 085
RealTracks in song: 981:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountryWaltzCleanHeld Sw 085
RealTracks in song: 1285:Guitar, Electric, Soloist CountryWaltzBrent Sw 085
RealDrums in Song: JazzWaltzTerryClarke^1-a:Brushes , b:Sticks, Ride Busy

#228037 - 12/13/13 08:22 PM [User Showcase] Re: Christmas Song - Silent Night [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Beautiful version of the song. Voice and harmonies are excellent

#228039 - 12/13/13 08:29 PM [User Showcase] Re: Christmas Song - Silent Night [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi Steve,

Your arrangement and presentation is hauntingly wonderful. I have to hand it to you, some of the chords you've chosen are truly inspired; very very nice.

To my mind, "Silent Night" is one of the most beautiful songs ever written.

I thoroughly enjoyed what you've 'thrown' together. I wish I could throw songs together as well as that!

May joy and peace be a light to you and your family,
Noel

#228098 - 12/14/13 01:10 AM [User Showcase] Re: Christmas Song - Silent Night [Re: Steve Young]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Hey Steve,

My, my, my, I'd surely love be able to throw something together like this....

What an absolutely gorgeous arrangement. Like Noel said, it's hauntingly wonderful. I'd pick out something I especially like but I love everything about it!

God bless you and Merry Christmas.

Josie

#228149 - 12/14/13 08:02 AM [User Showcase] Re: Christmas Song - Silent Night [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Simply beautiful, Steve. Great choice of RTs.

Perfect vocals and harmonies (expect no less...)

floyd

#228156 - 12/14/13 08:43 AM [User Showcase] Re: Christmas Song - Silent Night [Re: Steve Young]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Nice..... I agree on the chord choices. I really appreciate it when composers think outside of the box when it comes to chords.

Nice RT's too as has been pointed out.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music

#228158 - 12/14/13 08:53 AM [User Showcase] Re: Christmas Song - Silent Night [Re: Steve Young]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Steve, You are in fine voice on this one. Very nice rendition. Merry Christmas to you and yours. Tom

Edited by tommyad (12/14/13 08:53 AM)

#228161 - 12/14/13 09:00 AM [User Showcase] Re: Christmas Song - Silent Night [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: WEST MIDLANDS, UK
sixchannel Offline
Expert

Loc: WEST MIDLANDS, UK
Hi Steve
thoroughly professional throughout.
Franz Gruber would love this!
Smooth mix and great vocals mix too - the harmonies just where they need to be.
I enjoyed this so much.
Cheers
ian

ALL TRACKS - https://app.box.com/s/501rnzrbadng1elvi45hbf7y08kl5oxp

SOUNDCLOUD UPDATED - tracks that were made entirely using BIAB -
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel

#228166 - 12/14/13 10:07 AM [User Showcase] Re: Christmas Song - Silent Night [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi Steve,

it's all been said.
I like your version very much.

Guenter

#228172 - 12/14/13 10:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: Christmas Song - Silent Night [Re: Noel96]
Loc: South Louisiana
Danny C. Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Louisiana
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi Steve,

Your arrangement and presentation is hauntingly wonderful. I have to hand it to you, some of the chords you've chosen are truly inspired; very very nice.

To my mind, "Silent Night" is one of the most beautiful songs ever written.

I thoroughly enjoyed what you've 'thrown' together. I wish I could throw songs together as well as that!

May joy and peace be a light to you and your family,
Noel

Noel is speaking my mind. Very nice rendition of this wonderful song.

Thanks for posting - Later,

The More You Drink The Better I Sound

#228287 - 12/14/13 05:57 PM [User Showcase] Re: Christmas Song - Silent Night [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: US East Coast
kenbiab Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: US East Coast
Just beautiful voice and harmonies, Steve. Crisp and clear with great articulation on the end of the phrases. The RT package you put together works really nicely. Thanks for sharing!

Learning To Play Jazz Piano After Age 50+
http://kenblog05.blogspot.com

#228293 - 12/14/13 06:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: Christmas Song - Silent Night [Re: kenbiab]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
I finally got some time to listen to some new songs and this was first on the list. All I can say is WOW. This is one great job.

I’m with Noel in that I wish I could throw something together and have it come out this good!

Merry Christmas Steve.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#228657 - 12/16/13 09:59 AM [User Showcase] Re: Christmas Song - Silent Night [Re: Steve Young]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Scott,

Thanks! glad you enjoyed it!

Noel,

Always good to hear from you, my friend! Glad you liked it. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Josie,

So nice to hear from you! Thanks for listening, and glad you like it! God bless, and Merry Christmas to you as well!

Floyd,

As always, good to hear from you! Much appreciated. Realtracks are a dream come true!

Steve

#228658 - 12/16/13 10:02 AM [User Showcase] Re: Christmas Song - Silent Night [Re: Steve Young]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Herb,

Thanks for taking the time to drop in and listen! Glad you enjoyed it!

Tommy,

Thanks so much! You comments are always appreciated.

Ian,

So glad you enjoyed it! Really appreciate your time and comments.

Guenter,

Really appreciate your comments! Thanks so much!

===

Steve

#228662 - 12/16/13 10:04 AM [User Showcase] Re: Christmas Song - Silent Night [Re: Steve Young]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Danny,

Thank you so much for allowing Noel to read your mind! smile I really do appreciate you taking the time to listen and comment!

Ken,

Thank you very much! Your thoughts are very appreciated.

Mario,

Always good to hear from you, my friend! Glad you like this one. Sometimes, they just fall together right. Merry Christmas!

===

Steve

#228668 - 12/16/13 10:31 AM [User Showcase] Re: Christmas Song - Silent Night [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Helsinki, Finland
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Steve !:))

Your rendition of this classic is very beautiful
in every aspect. I like your pure sweet vocals
and harmonies best !:))

Cheers
and have a Merry Christmas too !

Dani

Edited by dani48 (12/16/13 10:31 AM)

#228942 - 12/17/13 11:20 AM [User Showcase] Re: Christmas Song - Silent Night [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
A really nice arrangement and vocal. Often the oft played Christmas songs run right by me...but this got and held my attention. I can't really put my finger on it -- it just grabbed me. I think it's the ethereal feel all the way through that makes it work so well. So much for my analysis -- it's a fine production.

Check out our BiaB SoundCloud songs!
J&B YouTube Sampler
J&B Website
Our album "All Over The Map" is on Apple Music, Spotify and others.

#229104 - 12/17/13 11:25 PM [User Showcase] Re: Christmas Song - Silent Night [Re: Steve Young]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Dani,

Thanks so much for your kind words, and I hope you have a very Merry Christmas as well!

Janice and Bud,

I am so glad this "grabbed you"! Silent Night has always been one of my favorites, and I wanted to do something a little different, without changing the foundation of the song. Hopefully I succceeded. Thanks so much for your kind words!

==

Steve

#229199 - 12/18/13 09:48 AM [User Showcase] Re: Christmas Song - Silent Night [Re: Steve Young]
Frankp Offline
Apprentice

Silent night... all is calm

Your arrangement really captured that feeling.

Your voice really shines on this.

Beautiful.

Did you also sing the harmonies?

Edited by Frankp (12/18/13 09:49 AM)

#229490 - 12/19/13 09:28 AM [User Showcase] Re: Christmas Song - Silent Night [Re: Steve Young]
aleck rand Offline
Expert

Steve,

It doesn't get more beautiful than this. Those harmonies are like a sky so blue it's hard to look at, but you can't help it - you're forced to.

Merry Christmas to you and yours, brother.

Dean Clark (aka Aleck Rand)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® Program Manuals - Online Resource

Did you know that you can view both a PDF & an online program manual for Band-in-a-Box® 2017-2019 (and RealBand 2018-2019) on our support page? It's a quick and handy way to look up feature explanations, tutorials, and other resources without having to locate your physical manual or the PDF in your BB folder!

Learn more here.

Russian Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows is Here!
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows - JAWS Screen Reader Announcement!

For anyone that uses the screen reader program JAWS (Job Access with Speech), the scripts for Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows is ready for both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions!

Learn more about these JAWS scripts here.

A HUGE THANK YOU to Peter Torpey for all his hard work on these scripts - we really couldn't do this without him!

Video - Band-in-a-Box® for Windows: Exporting MIDI

Learn how to export MIDI when you watch our latest video: Exporting MIDI.

Video - Custom Endings (Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows)

You can create your own custom endings within Band-in-a-Box® - just head to your song settings! Anthony explains how to adjust the settings so that your song ending is customized... watch it now: click here.

Read more about Custom Endings in the online manual, here.

Video - The Melody Sequencer & MIDI Channels in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows

In our latest video, Anthony explains using the Melody Sequencer to separate MIDI channels within the program - Watch now!

Read more about this feature.

Customers LOVE Band-in-a-Box®!

Here's some of the wonderful feedback we've received lately:

"I gotta admit Band-in-a-Box is great software. I have version 2018 and I use it for a ton of my videos i make on my YouTube channel."
"Wow this program has come a long way over the years! Great sounding audio tracks!"
"I absolutely love this product and use it everyday."
"If you want to write songs, then you should use Band-in-a-Box. I simply love it! It really produces a professional touch!"
"For an amateur songwriter like me this software is a dream come true and the fact that these musicians have been paid to create these tracks makes me happy to use this software without worrying about ripping people off. Just brilliant!"
"I've been a PG Music customer for over 20 years. Best value for music software product hands down. Create a full backing track in minutes and then experiment with styles and different instruments for a whole evening. The software is so good, it's the main component in TRIO band creator!"
"I bought the UltraPAK - wow what a revelation! There is so much that can be done to create a backing track of your own making! It took a while at first but now I feel like a pro in just a Month its good value for money..."
"I've been using Band-in-a-Box for decades and love it. Now using Reaper with Band-in-a-Box - Band-in-a-Box Rocks more than ever!"
"This is the greatest thing out, I've got it, just fantastic!"
"It's absolutely unique. No other music software can do what Band-in-a-Box does, and with such great results"
"Band-in-a-Box is an incredible product. Once you get up and running (and it doesn't take long at all) the musical possibilities are endless. The sound quality of the various styles and instruments is superb!"

Thank you everyone - we think our customers are AMAZING!

Do you love Band-in-a-Box too? Take a moment to check the Video Testimonials offer that is always available, and you could receive your next version FREE! For inspiration, check out the Video Testimonials that have already been submitted here!

Forum Stats
29649 Members
60 Forums
58494 Topics
492730 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
gitika, Donniebrook, gazebow, Gaspar Vidal, philouq

29649 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
rsdean 142
Jim 140