You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#228542 - 12/15/13 09:30 PM [User Showcase] My Tune Sadieita - as a demo
Frankp Offline
Apprentice

This recording was done as a demo for my band mates when I was in a Latin band. The band liked it but things broke up before we ever got a chance to use it.

I used BIAB, MIDI written in Sibelius and me playing the guitar parts. As this is a demo, I didn't spend any time "sculpting" the midi, rather it was just notation dumped into my DAW

Flute - all midi
Vibes, some midi, some BIAB
Congas, All BIAB
Guitar, all me
Drums, a little midi, mostly BIAB
Bass, some midi, some BIAB

My favorite part is the Tutti section around 3:30

https://app.box.com/s/g3pbaq46x1lc8f05v0gh

#228583 - 12/16/13 01:37 AM [User Showcase] Re: My Tune Sadieita - as a demo [Re: Frankp]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Wow Frank!

I really like that, nice smooth build at the start, really clean guitar, and nice timing on the unison's with both guitar and bass.

What synth did you use for the flute, and did you use a breath controller at all?

Any more where that came from? I could listen all day!
BIAB&RB2020(Audiophile),Win-10Pro, SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Act. Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#228590 - 12/16/13 01:58 AM [User Showcase] Re: My Tune Sadieita - as a demo [Re: Frankp]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi Frank,

This is great!

I love the chord progression that starts at 2:08.

Did you use any Realtracks with this? From what I read above, it sounds likes it's all midi and you playing guitar. If that's the case, the midi is incredibly realistic. You must have a pretty awesome soft synth!

This is definitely a composition to be proud of.

All the best,
Noel

#228604 - 12/16/13 05:17 AM [User Showcase] Re: My Tune Sadieita - as a demo [Re: Frankp]
Loc: Helsinki, Finland
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Frank !

I share what Noel has said about this tune !:))
and I liked your guitar playing very much too !!!:))

Cheers and Merry Xmas
Dani

#228632 - 12/16/13 08:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: My Tune Sadieita - as a demo [Re: Frankp]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Very enjoyable listen. Nice guitar work. Thanks for sharing

#228651 - 12/16/13 09:53 AM [User Showcase] Re: My Tune Sadieita - as a demo [Re: Frankp]
Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Hi Frank,

+1. Nice, enjoyable listen.

Steve

#228686 - 12/16/13 12:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: My Tune Sadieita - as a demo [Re: Frankp]
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi Frank,

just great throughout.
Merry Christmas

Guenter

#228687 - 12/16/13 01:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: My Tune Sadieita - as a demo [Re: Frankp]
Loc: Florida
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Frank, Great playing. Nice Production and great chord progression. Outstanding work. Tom

#228710 - 12/16/13 03:36 PM [User Showcase] Re: My Tune Sadieita - as a demo [Re: Frankp]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Frank,

Terrific instrumental! It just wraps you up and takes you away...

The mix is tasty. Everything in the perfect place - everyone plays a vital part. Your guitar work fit seamlessly.

Could not believe when it finished - it was 5 minutes... felt like 2 - THAT is an accomplishment.

Excellent.

floyd

#228946 - 12/17/13 11:28 AM [User Showcase] Re: My Tune Sadieita - as a demo [Re: Frankp]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
I can't add anything to the above comments -- just a big PLUS ONE regarding all of them. Fine playing and a cool progression just holds you there.

#229038 - 12/17/13 06:12 PM [User Showcase] Re: My Tune Sadieita - as a demo [Re: Frankp]
Frankp Offline
Apprentice

Hi All, I really appreciate the kind and encouraging comments. This really a great community, isn't it?

To some questions:

@ videotrack:

- The flute (as is the bass) is from a softsynth called Dimension pro.
- You ask of any other tunes... Here's one I posted on this forum http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads...4964#Post214964

@ Noel

Yes I used realtracks, I recorded this a while ago but took a look this morning...
- Drums, all real tracks.
- Bass, mostly real tracks except where I needed specific lines which were notated and played by softsynths.
- Congas, all real tracks.
- Vibes, mostly real tracks except where I needed specific parts which were notated and played by softsynths.
- Guitars, I played those.

- Yes, for me this was very much a "composition". I started with notation. I only brought to the studio musician rhythm section, (BIAB), at the end of the process.

Thanks again all for listening.

Edited by Frankp (12/17/13 06:13 PM)

#229528 - 12/19/13 10:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: My Tune Sadieita - as a demo [Re: Frankp]
aleck rand Offline
Expert

Frankp,

Just terrific - you're the real deal, man. Latin Jazz on the BIAB User's Forum?? Unheard of.

So I'm gonna help out. Latin Jazz is one of my absolute favorites (along with hard bop - the BlueNote/Prestige recordings of the 60's, and lately I've been starting to like some "Smooth Jazz" - even though most of these tunes run on one chord). I notice you going a little "outside" in your solo and few guitarists have figured out how to do that.

Impressive.

Aleck Rand (aka Dean Clark)
Sweetwater Creation Station. BIAB 2018, Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio, Izotope Nektar 2, Ozone 8, KEYBOARDS: Kurzweil Artis 7, Crumar MOJO, Hammond XK-3, BASSES (fretted & fretless by Ibanez, LTD, Warwick. GUITARS by Guild, Gretsch, Ibanez, Eastwood (12 string)

#229594 - 12/19/13 03:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: My Tune Sadieita - as a demo [Re: Frankp]
Loc: Florida, USA
cubanpete Offline
Expert

Loc: Florida, USA
Aha! Loved it! Nice and almost seamless fusion between Rts and midi. Liked the drum brakes towards the minute four, very neat.

Mike B.

#229614 - 12/19/13 04:38 PM [User Showcase] Re: My Tune Sadieita - as a demo [Re: Frankp]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Nice mixing of the synths and BB tracks.

Enjoyed it.

I started to really get into the bossa beats and other latin grooves when I first got BB.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#231746 - 12/30/13 04:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: My Tune Sadieita - as a demo [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Frank,

Terrific instrumental! It just wraps you up and takes you away...

The mix is tasty. Everything in the perfect place - everyone plays a vital part. Your guitar work fit seamlessly.

Could not believe when it finished - it was 5 minutes... felt like 2 - THAT is an accomplishment.

Excellent.

floyd

I think Floyd said it all. I don't know what I could add to that. 'Cept maybe the twinning of the guitar and flute. that was a super fantastic listen. We love Latin Jazz and this is a classic cut. I've run out of superlatives. *I'll just say that Di and I totally loved it...awesome piece!

Al & Di

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#231765 - 12/30/13 04:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: My Tune Sadieita - as a demo [Re: Frankp]
Loc: United Kingdom
Paul Haynes Offline
Journeyman

Loc: United Kingdom
Great recording, has a real pro sound to it. Well done.

#231911 - 12/31/13 09:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: My Tune Sadieita - as a demo [Re: Frankp]
Loc: New Jersey
robsmusic Offline
Journeyman

Loc: New Jersey
I like this composition a lot!
Nice bossa sound.
What does the title mean? Is that a person's name?

#264265 - 10/03/14 12:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: My Tune Sadieita - as a demo [Re: Frankp]
Loc: Iceland
Icelander Offline
Veteran

Loc: Iceland
Latin Jazz is one of my top favourite things, and you sure capture it well. And that manipulation of real versus midi throughout is just....

#264324 - 10/03/14 02:11 PM [User Showcase] Re: My Tune Sadieita - as a demo [Re: Frankp]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Great stuff!! Really cool feel, and KILLER guitar! Great track. Great work all around!! Take care. Greg

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® for Mac - Audio Chord Wizard Overview Video

The Audio Chord Wizard included in Band-in-a-Box is a powerful feature that automatically figures out the chords from an audio file and imports them (as well as the audio) into Band-in-a-Box®, along with the bar lines, key, tempo, and fine tuning!

Check out this video, where we explain how to use the Audio Chord Wizard: Click here to watch...

Read more about the Audio Chord Wizard within our online program manual, here. Better yet - give it a try and see/hear for yourself how intelligent this feature is!

Clarinet RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

It's National Clarinet Day! Who doesn't enjoy the rich & mellow sounds the clarinet delivers?

We have 20+ Clarinet RealTracks available for Band-in-a-Box®, covering Dixieland, Folk, Jazz, and World styles. You'll find these RealTracks in the following Sets:
RealTracks Set 56: Jazz, Old and New
RealTracks Set 144: Dixieland - Fast Soloists
RealTracks Set 178: Dixieland - Medium Soloists
RealTracks Set 248: Oberkrainer! Folk Music From the Alps

Clarinet RealTracks Artists include:
James Danderfer
P.J. Perry
Thomas Oberreiter

Tutorial - Downloading and Installing Your Band-in-a-Box® Purchase

When you order your copy of Band-in-a-Box® from our website you'll receive the installation files to download your order, even if you're having it shipped!

You can access these files within the My Products section of your online account.

Downloading the program is such a convenient way to get started with Band-in-a-Box®! To learn more about how to download your purchase, please review the written tutorials we've created for Windows and Mac.

200+ Saxophone RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

Where would music be today without the sultry sounds of the Saxophone? Fortunately, because of Adolphe Sax, we don't have to find out!

Today we celebrate his birthday, and with that a nod to our extensive collection of Saxophone RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

Saxophone RealTracks sound so amazing that they were one of the first RealTracks we developed and released for the program with Band-in-a-Box® 2007! Now there are more than 200 Saxophone RealTracks available for Jazz, Rock, Blues, Country, Funk, and Pop!

Our Saxophone RealTracks Artists include:
Eric Alexander
Eric Marienthal
Gary Smulyan
Jack Stafford
Jim Clark
Mark Douthit
P.J. Perry
Phil Woods
Tom Keenlyside

Click on their name to be taken to their bio page where you can learn more about the artists and listen to demos of all their RealTracks.

Upgrading to Band-in-a-Box® 2020 is Easy!

Did you know... anyone who has owned a previous version of Band-in-a-Box® is entitle to upgrade pricing - you do not need to have your old version installed!

Maybe you used to own the Windows version, but you now have a Mac... that's not a problem either!
(or if you owned the Mac version, and now you have a Windows computer)

In both cases, you would purchase from the "Upgrade from 2018 or earlier or crossgrade" row here for a new Mac version, or here if you want the newest Windows version. Just need to upgrade your 2019 version? Use the "Upgrade from 2019/2020" row.

When you purchase your upgrade from either of these rows, you will receive a complete installation - just follow the steps of the setup, and your Band-in-a-Box® will be ready to use!

PG Music Inc. shopping cart accounts were not required to purchase from our website prior to October 29, 2014. With that in mind, you may have to create an account in order to upgrade - that's OK! You'll still be entitled to upgrade pricing.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Italian for Mac is Here!

Ci sono oltre 50 nuove funzionalità in Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Ci sono miglioramenti ai RealTracks (RealTracks vocali dal suono più fluido, Ispessimento RealTracks, RealTracks "Find-a-Sub" e MultiRiffs). La maggior parte dei RealDrums ora hanno RealCharts (con un'accurata Notazione di Batteria). C'è un nuovo Browser dell'artista RealTracks per trovare informazioni /bios/collegamenti/ elenchi di RealTracks su tutti gli artisti. Un nuovo Browser delle Funzionalità consente all'utente nuovo o "smemorato" di trovare e utilizzare facilmente la maggior parte delle funzionalità/tasti di scelta rapida/documenti da un'unica finestra. Equalizza Tempo consente di cambiare una canzone registrata in rubato in un tempo fisso. Stiramento del tempo/tono dell'audio migliorato (Elastique) incluso. Ci sono miglioramenti di SongPicker, Auto-Intro di Basso/Batteria o Batteria solo, 3.400 titoli aggiunti, miglioramenti di MusicXML, chitarra "per mancini" e "Vista Studente", miglioramenti del trascinamento della selezione, visualizzazione multi-finestra dell’analizzatore degli accordi audio e altro ancora!

ACQUISTA/AGGIORNA & SCARICA ADESSO!!

Want to be notified when a new version of Band-in-a-Box® is released? There are a few ways to stay informed!

PG Music Newsletter: Click here to subscribe
(If you've registered with us, or purchased from us, you're already on the list!)

Facebook: Click here to "Like" our page!

Twitter: Click here to Follow Us!

We'll also announce any new version or new product release on our Forum... stay tuned!

Forum Stats
33204 Members
68 Forums
66914 Topics
569987 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
svm, Howlwie, blackpocus, SongCrafters, Sean McGrath

33204 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pipeline 166
MarioD 153