You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#230095 - 12/22/13 12:30 AM [User Showcase] Take Me to the Ocean (take 2) New song post
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
I think this should work. Sorry for the screw-up. Please give a listen. Thanks. Take care. Greg

https://soundcloud.com/gjohnson-2/take-me-to-the-ocean

#230122 - 12/22/13 07:28 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take Me to the Ocean (take 2) New song post [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Wow what an impressive intro. Love this song. Excellent guitar work.. Nice job..

Edited by Scottt709 (12/22/13 07:30 AM)

#230124 - 12/22/13 07:43 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take Me to the Ocean (take 2) New song post [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: wales
gibson Offline
Veteran

Loc: wales
Quote:
Wow what an impressive intro. Love this song. Excellent guitar work.. Nice job..

I have to say that the intro is incredible!
Thoroughly enjoyed that professional production.

Alyn

My story

#230125 - 12/22/13 07:50 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take Me to the Ocean (take 2) New song post [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: Warwickshire, UK
Skyline Offline
Veteran

Loc: Warwickshire, UK
Fabulous! Lovely song, performance and production! Well done.
Please tell us details of how you put it together, gear and software used, etc.

John
BIAB 2019
Cakewalk by BandLab
Studio One 4

#230133 - 12/22/13 08:18 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take Me to the Ocean (take 2) New song post [Re: Greg Johnson]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Loved this... great intro (as has already been said).....

What PG tracks are you using? There are some nice things in there.

Good job.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#230136 - 12/22/13 08:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take Me to the Ocean (take 2) New song post [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hey Greg,

This song is incredibly impressive.

You've done a brilliant job writing it and putting it all together. The lyrics and the music are absolutely outstanding. Stunning. I loved the personification of the ocean in the second verse. That was powerful. This song has "Hit" written on every syllable, on every note. I hope the right person hears it for you smile

All the best,
Noel

#230153 - 12/22/13 10:13 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take Me to the Ocean (take 2) New song post [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Great tune, vocal, arrangement and production!! I might be biased re the killer kick off by having watched a Beach Boy special on their new project last night smile You vocal allows every word to be understood -- an ability that many do not possess. Everything works well. Thanks for posting.

#230170 - 12/22/13 11:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take Me to the Ocean (take 2) New song post [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: Redding, Ca
Rick_H Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Redding, Ca
A very well produced song. Some tunes that I hear (very few) make me sit up and take notice from the first note and this is one of those. Outstanding job all around. I admire the work and dedication it took to get to this level of production, I look forward to hearing more from you.

Rick

#230180 - 12/22/13 01:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: Take Me to the Ocean (take 2) New song post [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi Greg,

great production. Especially love your choir.
Looking forward for more.
Merry Christmas.

Guenter

#230190 - 12/22/13 02:16 PM [User Showcase] Re: Take Me to the Ocean (take 2) New song post [Re: Greg Johnson]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Hi Greg,

Welcome!

Love your voice and the song sounds great. I'm a beach boys fan so I love that flavor.

Give us some info on how you used BIAB/RB in the production.

Josie

#230218 - 12/22/13 04:34 PM [User Showcase] Re: Take Me to the Ocean (take 2) New song post [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Greg,

We're new here...2nd day. Just learning the forums and getting to know a few folks.

There's not much left to say about this one that hasn't already been said! Surf Rock, eh?! That intro blew us away! The cut track was so professionally done...everything as perfect as can be. Great job...kudos!

Merry Christmas...

Al & Di

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#230220 - 12/22/13 04:53 PM [User Showcase] Re: Take Me to the Ocean (take 2) New song post [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Very impressive Greg, really liked the lyric and the melody. They both work together seamlessly.

I also really like the phrasing, especially on the delivery of the words "Take Me to the Ocean".

As others have said, I really hope this song falls into the hands to the right listeners.
BIAB&RB2020(Audiophile),Win-10Pro, SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Act. Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#230232 - 12/22/13 06:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: Take Me to the Ocean (take 2) New song post [Re: Skyline]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Greg,

Excellent. Cool song. Nice vocal (and harmonies!). Terrific production and mix. Very enjoyable listen!!

Really looking forward to what comes next! Welcome - make yourself comfortable and stay awhile..

floyd

PG Music News
#TipTuesday - Band-in-a-Box® Patch Updates

We never stop here at PG Music, so make sure that you check in on your installation of Band-in-a-Box® occasionally - we frequently release free patch updates to enhance existing versions, and fix 'bugs' reported by program users.

Windows program updates can be found here. We have a separate page for Mac updates, here.

You can also setup Band-in-a-Box® to check for updates automatically! Head to the Preferences window in the program, and select "Automatically check for updates every [__] days" (choose your number).

Not sure which "build" you have? Help | About... will bring up a window that will show your exact version number!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 - Xtra Styles PAK 9 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2 Bundle!

Have you heard? We have NEW Band-in-a-Box Add-ons!

Xtra Styles PAK 9 and Loops-with-Style PAK 2 will SUPERCHARGE your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition!

200 NEW RealStyles have been added with Xtra Styles PAK 9 - 50 Rock-Pop, 50 Jazz, 50 Country, and 50 Folk & Beyond 2!

Loops-with-Style PAK 2 includes 100 NEW Loops and 50 NEW styles, and adds 2 new genres to our Loops-with-Style collection: gospel and funk!

Bundle both the Xtra Styles PAK 9 and Loops-with-Style PAK 2 into one convenient purchase, only $48 until June 30th! Click here to choose your purchase.

Mac user? Click here for your order links.

RealBand 2020 for Windows Updated Harmonies Feature!

The latest RealBand 2020 Update includes enhancements to the harmonies feature, improvements for audio recording, and more!

Click here to review and download this free update patch (build 4).

Video: Band-in-a-Box® - Xtra Styles PAK 9 Overview & Demos

Xtra Styles PAK 9 includes 200 NEW RealStyles for Rock-Pop, Jazz, Country, and Folk & Beyond!

There are 50 new RealStyles for each genre, with MultiStyles included in each genre too!

Learn more about loading and using Xtra Styles PAK 9 in Band-in-a-Box® 2020 and listen to the demos for the 200 new RealStyles in Xtra Styles PAK 9 with our latest video: Band-in-a-Box® - Xtra Styles PAK 9: Overview & Demos.

Add Xtra Styles PAK 9 to your band for just $29 until June 30th! Order here.

Windows user? Click here for Windows purchase links and details.

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2020 Updated!

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2020 has been updated with a small Free Update Patch that can be downloaded here.

Video: Band-in-a-Box® - Loops-with-Style PAK 2 Overview & Demos

Loops-with-Style PAK 2 is packed with 100 NEW Loops & 50 NEW Styles, including new gospel & folk categories!

Use these new Styles and Loops directly in your Band-in-a-Box® songs to access all their B substyle loops, or load these acidized loops directly into your DAW that supports acid info!

See how easy it is to load and use these Loops in Band-in-a-Box® 2020 and listen to the demos for these new Loops & Styles when you watch our latest video: Band-in-a-Box® - Loops-with-Style PAK 2 Overview & Demos.

Add Loops-with-Style PAK 2 today for just $19! Learn more and purchase here.

Haven't purchased Loops-with-Styles yet? Get the entire collection for only $29 when you bundle Loops-with-Style PAK 1 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2 for only $29! That's 100 Styles and 200 Loops for Band-in-a-Box® for just $29! Order now.

Mac user? Click here for Mac purchase links and details.

NEW Add-ons for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 - Xtra Styles PAK 9 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2!

We're delighted to be adding 200 GROUNDBREAKING RealStyles to the Band-in-a-Box® collection with Xtra Styles PAK 9!

Our new Rock-Pop additions include neo soul with vocals, classic ska with a horn section, a psychedelic sixties pop ballad, heavier action-scene cinematic metal, post-punk folk rock, six-substyle gospel pop MultiStyle with vocals, and more!

With the latest Jazz Xtra Styles, we've added everything from quarter-feel jazz blues to New Orleans Gospel to jazzy disco funk and gentle bossa folk pop, and more! We've also included a brand-new (huge!) ten-substyle "changes" jazz swing MultiStyle with three different soloist options!

The newest Country RealTracks are a real treat! We've fused folk and Americana instruments with the country sounds you know and love: ethereal and songwriter country ballads, a country rock march, country pop with layered cellos, a country soul groove, and much, much more! The included six-substyle summertime country pop MultiStyle will help you create your perfect summertime hit!

Plus, we've added to our Folk & Beyond collection with our Xtra Styles PAK 9 release! There are 50 fresh new styles, including a Cajun jaw harp boogie, cinematic folk with strings, a modern Celtic folk reel, a gentle three-guitar folk ballad, delta blues with shaker - the list goes on! Add Folk & Beyond 2 and you'll also receive a brand-new eight-part mountain folk MultiStyle!

There are 50 new RealStyles in each genre - get them ALL for only $29 until June 30th! Learn more, listen to demos and order here.

But wait... there's MORE!

We've also rolled out 50 NEW Styles and 100 NEW Loops in Loops-with-Style PAK 2!
Use these new Styles and Loops directly in your Band-in-a-Box® songs to access all their B substyle loops, or load these acidized loops directly into your DAW that supports acid info! Genres include Electronic, Funk, Hip Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, World, plus we're introducing two new genre categories - Gospel and Folk!

Add Loops-with-Style PAK 2 today for just $19! Learn more and purchase here.

Haven't purchased Loops-with-Styles yet? Get the entire collection for only $29 when you bundle Loops-with-Style PAK 1 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2 for only $29! That's 100 Styles and 200 Loops for Band-in-a-Box® for just $29! Order now.

Mac User? Click here for Mac details and purchase links.

Forum Stats
32224 Members
65 Forums
64426 Topics
546324 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
msa, John Douglas, UncleNoldie52, WaltMere, Luiz A Vilagra

32223 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 216
Pipeline 162