You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#230769 - 12/26/13 09:35 AM [User Showcase] Band In The Box Strikes Again...'Country And Blues" Style
TexasHeartRush Offline
Apprentice

Hey Friends, happy holidays! I have recently been asked to do a series of Telecaster pickup demos for Seymour Duncan. It requires alot of pickup swaps so its a good thing I have 5 Telecasters LOL!

I prefer to write my own compositions in all my demo work. This allows me to showcase the diversity when switching between pickups which I have done with this first demo.

Anyway, BIAB has been a real Godsend as usual. This is a mis-mosh of RT and my own guitar / bass tracks combined. I can post exact tracks likely but there is as little as 30 secs of each and you vets can hear whats what. Only Real Drums are through-out. Anyway, I hope you enjoy! Cheers! BTW, these are all HD vids if you want to watch in clarity.

#230771 - 12/26/13 09:50 AM [User Showcase] Re: Band In The Box Strikes Again...'Country And Blues" Style [Re: TexasHeartRush]
Loc: WEST MIDLANDS, UK
sixchannel Offline
Expert

Loc: WEST MIDLANDS, UK
Merry Christmas to you too!
I could listen that all day long!!
I play a Strat exclusively and I love to hear the Country twang of a Tele with good pups expertly picked. Its a sound I can't really get on my Strat even with (special) Bridge/Neck selected.
Make my day - post up the Head Link to the other files!!
Brill!
cheers
ian

ALL TRACKS - https://app.box.com/s/501rnzrbadng1elvi45hbf7y08kl5oxp

SOUNDCLOUD UPDATED - tracks that were made entirely using BIAB -
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel

#230772 - 12/26/13 10:04 AM [User Showcase] Re: Band In The Box Strikes Again...'Country And Blues" Style [Re: TexasHeartRush]
Loc: Chicago
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chicago
Hot damn, that is some nice soundin pickin...

#230777 - 12/26/13 10:24 AM [User Showcase] Re: Band In The Box Strikes Again...'Country And Blues" Style [Re: TexasHeartRush]
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi Rodney,

happy holidays, too.
Great guitar playing. Very impressive.

Guenter

#230804 - 12/26/13 02:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: Band In The Box Strikes Again...'Country And Blues" Style [Re: TexasHeartRush]
Loc: Florida
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Yee Haw! I just got my tele fix for the day. The cool thing about teles is they inspired players to come up with a unique style ( hybrid picking,chicken picking,pedal steel bends, double stops etc.) that are specific to that model of guitar. Great playing! Keep posting. Thanks for sharing. Tom

#230831 - 12/26/13 04:53 PM [User Showcase] Re: Band In The Box Strikes Again...'Country And Blues" Style [Re: TexasHeartRush]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

nice pickin.... got me to thinking I need to swap out the Chinese PU's on my tele for some nice SD's.....

excellent use of BB & RT.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#230858 - 12/26/13 06:38 PM [User Showcase] Re: Band In The Box Strikes Again...'Country And Blues" Style [Re: TexasHeartRush]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Man! That's some sweet playing. Especially loved the chimes and openstring bends. By the way, what a sound. Your material really highlights the pickup tone variations.
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 2004, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#230859 - 12/26/13 06:39 PM [User Showcase] Re: Band In The Box Strikes Again...'Country And Blues" Style [Re: TexasHeartRush]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Very impressive playing. Great sound. Excellence all 'round!

I'm not a guitar player and whenever I see this level of musical competence on the guitar, I'm always left wondering just how anyone manages to do it so well. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Regards,
Noel

#231082 - 12/27/13 01:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: Band In The Box Strikes Again...'Country And Blues" Style [Re: TexasHeartRush]
TexasHeartRush Offline
Apprentice

Thank you all for the support! I appreciate it.

Its an interesting exercise to write a tune with the intent to showcase the strengths of the different subtleties of pickups. I hope you enjoyed the tones. I have the '2nd' half of this vid rendering where I explain live and in real-time how I got the tones. Ill add it to this thread when I have it done.

BTW, I just updated the vid to the 'official SD channel version'.

Happy holidays again!

Cheers, RG

#231130 - 12/27/13 06:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: Band In The Box Strikes Again...'Country And Blues" Style [Re: TexasHeartRush]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Rodney - Excellent (of course). Love to listen to you play. And love to watch you do that.

floyd

#231225 - 12/28/13 11:34 AM [User Showcase] Re: Band In The Box Strikes Again...'Country And Blues" Style [Re: TexasHeartRush]
Loc: Carmel New York
Rob Helms Offline
Veteran

Loc: Carmel New York
Dude seriously you gotta make a few usertracks of that stuff. That is some very hot playin' just sayin'!!!!!!!
Lenovo Win 10 8 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2020, Realband, Studio one 4.6 Pro, Logic Pro X, Melodyne 4 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus Faderport 8, Komplete 49 key controller.

#231233 - 12/28/13 12:43 PM [User Showcase] Re: Band In The Box Strikes Again...'Country And Blues" Style [Re: TexasHeartRush]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Overwhelmed!! Man, If I could pick like that I'd wear a guitar all day long.

#231281 - 12/28/13 03:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: Band In The Box Strikes Again...'Country And Blues" Style [Re: TexasHeartRush]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Great picking man! It is easy to see why Seymore Duncan wants you to demo their pickups!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#231327 - 12/28/13 08:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: Band In The Box Strikes Again...'Country And Blues" Style [Re: TexasHeartRush]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Very Nice!
Great technique, and a cool way to show off some of that talent. Like Ian mentioned, could listen to a lot more of that!
Thanks
Trevor
BIAB&RB2020(Audiophile),Win-10Pro, SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Act. Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#231335 - 12/28/13 11:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: Band In The Box Strikes Again...'Country And Blues" Style [Re: TexasHeartRush]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Very nice, indeed! Love the style, the touch and the nuances you deliver so effortlessly. Hope your Christmas was excellent and your new year happy and prosperous.

Al

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#231476 - 12/29/13 01:56 PM [User Showcase] Re: Band In The Box Strikes Again...'Country And Blues" Style [Re: TexasHeartRush]
TexasHeartRush Offline
Apprentice

Hey all! Super thanks for the great reply and positive responses. I wish I had the time to chill here a bit more.

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Rodney - Excellent (of course). Love to listen to you play. And love to watch you do that.

floyd
Gracias Floyd! I appreciate the listen and it's great to have a place to share the progress.

Originally Posted By: Robh
Dude seriously you gotta make a few usertracks of that stuff. That is some very hot playin' just sayin'!!!!!!!

Thanks Rob! Yes, I have serious intentions of user Tracks, though starting with a Rockabilly series since it doesn't yet exist. Besides, Brent has the country stuff covered and these would just be versions of his licks anyway! LOL!! I better upgrade soon!

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Overwhelmed!! Man, If I could pick like that I'd wear a guitar all day long.

I am overwhelmed with the great feedback and positive support! Thank you Bud! BTW it was very recently (16 months ago), I could not play a lick of this. Not a lick.

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Great picking man! It is easy to see why Seymore Duncan wants you to demo their pickups!

Thanks Mario! That is a great compliment. SD has alot of great demo players, I just hope to offer a fresh approach to the Tele side of things. It helps me think differently as well and helps me expand as a player. Its a win-win.

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Very Nice!
Great technique, and a cool way to show off some of that talent. Like Ian mentioned, could listen to a lot more of that!
Thanks Trevor
Thank You Trevor. Some of the technique I learned just for this. And I inspired some of the riff ideas from the resonator and made them my own and adapted them for the Tele. I appreciate the listen and support.

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Very nice, indeed! Love the style, the touch and the nuances you deliver so effortlessly. Hope your Christmas was excellent and your new year happy and prosperous.

Al
Many thanks Al! Funny truth, it doesn't feel effortless when I play, but when I look back it always does. The first time I ever videoed myself I noticed how relaxed my hands looked and I thought to myself, I think I can do this. Still it requires my full attention and focus to play well. LOL!

Happy Holidays all! BTW, the 2nd Tele vid will be done in about 2 weeks.

Cheers! RG

#231479 - 12/29/13 02:07 PM [User Showcase] Re: Band In The Box Strikes Again...'Country And Blues" Style [Re: TexasHeartRush]
Loc: The Heartland....Kansas
chulaivet1966 Offline
Expert

Loc: The Heartland....Kansas
Great playing and you make it look so damned effortless.

Hence....after watching the vid I'm turning my axes into kindling. smile

Carry on...

PG Music News
Accessing Your Band-in-a-Box® Order Online

If you've ordered Band-in-a-Box® on our website, you can access your download links (even if you selected a shipping option) from your Account | My Products page.

Band-in-a-Box® users who purchased their copy elsewhere can also add their purchase to their Account | My Products page. This is a convenient way to register your purchase and access the installation files if you ever need them for future re-installation reasons. To do this, visit www.pgmusic.com/redeem and create your account, then click on My Products and enter your 24-digit Band-in-a-Box® serial number.

Learning with Band-in-a-Box® - Chords & Games

Want to hear what a chord sounds like? Type the chord, then press SHIFT enter. The chord will play as it is entered on to the chord sheet!

You can also familiarize yourself with how different chords sound using the Chord Builder feature of the program, which will audition different chords for you, based on your input.

Want more? Challenge yourself with some ear training with the included Pitch Invasion and Music Replay programs, accessible in the Practice Window!

Pitch Invasion helps to develop perfect pitch as you shoot down "alien" notes invading from above, and Music Replay develops your pitch, rhythm, and melody recognition by replaying what the program plays, in note, rhythm, or melodic modes.

Pitch Invasion & Music Replay can also be accessed within the bb\Songs and Lessons\Ear Training folder for the program.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Russian for Windows is Here!

Мы хорошо потрудились и добавили в "Band-in-a-Box®" 50 новых функций и изумительную коллекцию нового контента, включая 202 новых стиля RealTracks (что в два раза больше 101 стиля, которые мы часто выпускали в прошлом), новые стили RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, инструментальные этюды (Instrumental Studies), транскрипции для стилей RealDrums и др.!

КУПИТЬ/ОБНОВИТЬ И ЗАГРУЗИТЬ!

Listen to the Band-in-a-Box® User Showcase Radio Today!

You may know about our User Showcase Forum, but have you heard about our Band-in-a-Box® User Showcase Radio?

What a great way to listen to all of the Band-in-a-Box® creations from program users just-like-you! It's as easy as choosing a playlist and pressing play!

Click here to access our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, and don't forget to bookmark your new favorite page!

Review - Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows

Make sure to check out the latest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows review from Sound-Guy (Dennis) at www.gearslutz.com: click here.

Sound-Guy has been using Band-in-a-Box® for many, many, many, many, many years - and we still managed to surprise him with some great new features! Read his latest review to learn more about his favorite additions for 2020!

"Band-in-a-Box continues to evolve as an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to produce not only new compositions and arrangements, but also perform them with excellent musical “talent”. It also provides educational and training tools for keyboardists and guitarists. It’s easy to use the basic functions, and challenging enough to keep you occupied for years. BIAB provides education, inspiration, a “live” band to aid in practicing, and anything from backing tracks to full performances for recording."
-Sound-Guy, www.gearslutz.com

How I Use Band-in-a-Box® to Create Shots/Chops

Band-in-a-Box® user Henry Clarke creates a lot of great songs with Band-in-a-Box®, and he's shared his steps for creating the shots/chops within his recent song Lonely in a Crowd.

To watch Henry's video, click here.

Have your own program tip to share? Feel free to post it to our Tips & Tricks forum.

#TipTuesday

Uncommon RealTracks Instruments for Band-in-a-Box®

Today is Uncommon Instrument Awareness Day.

Examples of "uncommon instruments" include anything from Spoons to the Wheelharp to the Singing Ringing Tree, and more!
(there's probably more instruments out there that we DON'T know than we DO know)

Although our RealTracks collection doesn't include many 'uncommon instruments', we do offer some pretty unique choices!

On top of the usual varieties we offer for Piano, Guitar, Saxophone, Flute, Clarinet, Bass, Tuba, Trumpet, Trombone, and more - our RealTracks library also offers a nice selection of Shakuhachi and Kalimba - there's even a Koto RealTrack included in Set 212!

Kalimba: RealTracks Set 271
Koto: RealTracks Set 212
Shakuhachi: RealTracks Sets 193 & 212

What's the most surprising RealTrack Instrument that you've come across?

Forum Stats
32644 Members
68 Forums
65619 Topics
556379 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
thietkenoithat, Swivel Rocker, Igael79, CarlosCon, ShaneGuitar

32643 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 144
VideoTrack 124