You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#230769 - 12/26/13 09:35 AM [User Showcase] Band In The Box Strikes Again...'Country And Blues" Style
TexasHeartRush Offline
Apprentice

Hey Friends, happy holidays! I have recently been asked to do a series of Telecaster pickup demos for Seymour Duncan. It requires alot of pickup swaps so its a good thing I have 5 Telecasters LOL!

I prefer to write my own compositions in all my demo work. This allows me to showcase the diversity when switching between pickups which I have done with this first demo.

Anyway, BIAB has been a real Godsend as usual. This is a mis-mosh of RT and my own guitar / bass tracks combined. I can post exact tracks likely but there is as little as 30 secs of each and you vets can hear whats what. Only Real Drums are through-out. Anyway, I hope you enjoy! Cheers! BTW, these are all HD vids if you want to watch in clarity.

#230771 - 12/26/13 09:50 AM [User Showcase] Re: Band In The Box Strikes Again...'Country And Blues" Style [Re: TexasHeartRush]
Loc: WEST MIDLANDS, UK
sixchannel Offline
Expert

Loc: WEST MIDLANDS, UK
Merry Christmas to you too!
I could listen that all day long!!
I play a Strat exclusively and I love to hear the Country twang of a Tele with good pups expertly picked. Its a sound I can't really get on my Strat even with (special) Bridge/Neck selected.
Make my day - post up the Head Link to the other files!!
Brill!
cheers
ian

BB2019Plus,604,RB2,Cakewalk GTPro2(2003),Adobe Audition1.5(2003),WindowsXPPro and Win7

http://app.box.com/s/p7lirbbuvjae03dsd4v5

for tracks that use BIAB specifically-
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel

#230772 - 12/26/13 10:04 AM [User Showcase] Re: Band In The Box Strikes Again...'Country And Blues" Style [Re: TexasHeartRush]
Loc: Chicago
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chicago
Hot damn, that is some nice soundin pickin...
SoundCloud

#230777 - 12/26/13 10:24 AM [User Showcase] Re: Band In The Box Strikes Again...'Country And Blues" Style [Re: TexasHeartRush]
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi Rodney,

happy holidays, too.
Great guitar playing. Very impressive.

Guenter

#230804 - 12/26/13 02:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: Band In The Box Strikes Again...'Country And Blues" Style [Re: TexasHeartRush]
Loc: Florida
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Yee Haw! I just got my tele fix for the day. The cool thing about teles is they inspired players to come up with a unique style ( hybrid picking,chicken picking,pedal steel bends, double stops etc.) that are specific to that model of guitar. Great playing! Keep posting. Thanks for sharing. Tom

#230831 - 12/26/13 04:53 PM [User Showcase] Re: Band In The Box Strikes Again...'Country And Blues" Style [Re: TexasHeartRush]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

nice pickin.... got me to thinking I need to swap out the Chinese PU's on my tele for some nice SD's.....

excellent use of BB & RT.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music

#230858 - 12/26/13 06:38 PM [User Showcase] Re: Band In The Box Strikes Again...'Country And Blues" Style [Re: TexasHeartRush]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Man! That's some sweet playing. Especially loved the chimes and openstring bends. By the way, what a sound. Your material really highlights the pickup tone variations.
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB SSD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#230859 - 12/26/13 06:39 PM [User Showcase] Re: Band In The Box Strikes Again...'Country And Blues" Style [Re: TexasHeartRush]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Very impressive playing. Great sound. Excellence all 'round!

I'm not a guitar player and whenever I see this level of musical competence on the guitar, I'm always left wondering just how anyone manages to do it so well. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Regards,
Noel

#231082 - 12/27/13 01:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: Band In The Box Strikes Again...'Country And Blues" Style [Re: TexasHeartRush]
TexasHeartRush Offline
Apprentice

Thank you all for the support! I appreciate it.

Its an interesting exercise to write a tune with the intent to showcase the strengths of the different subtleties of pickups. I hope you enjoyed the tones. I have the '2nd' half of this vid rendering where I explain live and in real-time how I got the tones. Ill add it to this thread when I have it done.

BTW, I just updated the vid to the 'official SD channel version'.

Happy holidays again!

Cheers, RG

#231130 - 12/27/13 06:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: Band In The Box Strikes Again...'Country And Blues" Style [Re: TexasHeartRush]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Rodney - Excellent (of course). Love to listen to you play. And love to watch you do that.

floyd

#231225 - 12/28/13 11:34 AM [User Showcase] Re: Band In The Box Strikes Again...'Country And Blues" Style [Re: TexasHeartRush]
Loc: California
Robh Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
Dude seriously you gotta make a few usertracks of that stuff. That is some very hot playin' just sayin'!!!!!!!
Lenovo Win 10 8 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Professional, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, jazz bass clone, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#231233 - 12/28/13 12:43 PM [User Showcase] Re: Band In The Box Strikes Again...'Country And Blues" Style [Re: TexasHeartRush]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Overwhelmed!! Man, If I could pick like that I'd wear a guitar all day long.
J&B Website

#231281 - 12/28/13 03:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: Band In The Box Strikes Again...'Country And Blues" Style [Re: TexasHeartRush]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Great picking man! It is easy to see why Seymore Duncan wants you to demo their pickups!

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#231327 - 12/28/13 08:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: Band In The Box Strikes Again...'Country And Blues" Style [Re: TexasHeartRush]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Very Nice!
Great technique, and a cool way to show off some of that talent. Like Ian mentioned, could listen to a lot more of that!
Thanks
Trevor
BIAB&RB2019(Audiophile),Win-10Pro, SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Act. Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#231335 - 12/28/13 11:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: Band In The Box Strikes Again...'Country And Blues" Style [Re: TexasHeartRush]
Loc: Alabama, USA
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Alabama, USA
Very nice, indeed! Love the style, the touch and the nuances you deliver so effortlessly. Hope your Christmas was excellent and your new year happy and prosperous.

Al

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#231476 - 12/29/13 01:56 PM [User Showcase] Re: Band In The Box Strikes Again...'Country And Blues" Style [Re: TexasHeartRush]
TexasHeartRush Offline
Apprentice

Hey all! Super thanks for the great reply and positive responses. I wish I had the time to chill here a bit more.

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Rodney - Excellent (of course). Love to listen to you play. And love to watch you do that.

floyd
Gracias Floyd! I appreciate the listen and it's great to have a place to share the progress.

Originally Posted By: Robh
Dude seriously you gotta make a few usertracks of that stuff. That is some very hot playin' just sayin'!!!!!!!

Thanks Rob! Yes, I have serious intentions of user Tracks, though starting with a Rockabilly series since it doesn't yet exist. Besides, Brent has the country stuff covered and these would just be versions of his licks anyway! LOL!! I better upgrade soon!

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Overwhelmed!! Man, If I could pick like that I'd wear a guitar all day long.

I am overwhelmed with the great feedback and positive support! Thank you Bud! BTW it was very recently (16 months ago), I could not play a lick of this. Not a lick.

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Great picking man! It is easy to see why Seymore Duncan wants you to demo their pickups!

Thanks Mario! That is a great compliment. SD has alot of great demo players, I just hope to offer a fresh approach to the Tele side of things. It helps me think differently as well and helps me expand as a player. Its a win-win.

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Very Nice!
Great technique, and a cool way to show off some of that talent. Like Ian mentioned, could listen to a lot more of that!
Thanks Trevor
Thank You Trevor. Some of the technique I learned just for this. And I inspired some of the riff ideas from the resonator and made them my own and adapted them for the Tele. I appreciate the listen and support.

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Very nice, indeed! Love the style, the touch and the nuances you deliver so effortlessly. Hope your Christmas was excellent and your new year happy and prosperous.

Al
Many thanks Al! Funny truth, it doesn't feel effortless when I play, but when I look back it always does. The first time I ever videoed myself I noticed how relaxed my hands looked and I thought to myself, I think I can do this. Still it requires my full attention and focus to play well. LOL!

Happy Holidays all! BTW, the 2nd Tele vid will be done in about 2 weeks.

Cheers! RG

#231479 - 12/29/13 02:07 PM [User Showcase] Re: Band In The Box Strikes Again...'Country And Blues" Style [Re: TexasHeartRush]
Loc: West coast
chulaivet1966 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: West coast
Great playing and you make it look so damned effortless.

Hence....after watching the vid I'm turning my axes into kindling. smile

Carry on...
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?78446-chulaivet1966

PG Music News
The New Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows SongPicker!

With Band-in-a-Box® 2019, the SongPicker has been redesigned!
-The completely redesigned window shows information for up to 50,000 songs.
-The song list build is much faster. Approximately 150 songs get added per second.
-A progress bar will appear if the song list build takes longer than 3 seconds.
-You can see the chord progression for the selected song in the list. You can copy and paste it to a text file.
-Many filters are available. You can filter the list by subfolders, genre, feel, time signature, style, songs with melody, soloist, lyrics, key signature, tempo range, and the year of file dates.
-You can search songs that have similar chord progressions and/or melody fragments.
-Hotkey! ss+enter opens the SongPicker, ss2+enter opens the Recently Played Songs, etc.

Learn more about the updates with our New Features Video - we've made it easy to find the section you'll need:
2:55 - New Feature: Redesigned SongPicker
21:58 - New Features: SongPicker Enhancements
41:10 - Now Over 10,600 Titles in SongPicker

You can also read all about the new SongPicker within our Online Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® Upgrade Manual.

RealBand 2019 Online and PDF Manuals Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page for access to the latest RealBand 2019 for Windows program manuals!

RealBand 2019 for Windows User's Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download
RealBand 2019 for Windows New Features Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download

RealBand 2019 is included in every purchase of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows! We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2018 - save over 40% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade! Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Online and PDF Manuals Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page for access to the latest Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows program manuals!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows User's Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade Manual: Online Manual | PDF Download

Don't forget.... We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2018 - save over 40% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade! Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 on a USB 3.0 Hard Drive - Speed Thrills!

We're excited to say that all Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows UltraPAK and UltraPAK+ orders now ship on a USB 3.0 hard drive!

What does this mean? Faster hard drive transfer rates will enhance the program operations (faster time to generate tracks, reduced audio artifacts) and offer faster transfer speeds (typically up to 3x faster)!

It's a great time to order your UltraPAK or UltraPAK+ Upgrade... they're ON SALE until December 31st!

Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® New Features!

Our "Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows®! New Features, RealTracks, and other content!" video is now ready! Get to know all about the newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2019: Click here to watch...

We have listed a table of contents for this video, you'll see it within the YouTube video description, or by visiting this forum post.

RealBand 2019 - A New Look!

Have you opened up your RealBand 2019 yet? You may notice that we've given it a fresh new look! In fact, there are now 3 different looks to RealBand.

See for yourself! Within the program, visit Options | Icon Set and choose from: Classic, Modern 1, or Modern 2.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows - Choosing to Run 64-bit or 32-bit

We heard you! With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows we've included the BRAND NEW 64-bit version of Band-in-a-Box®, which works well with the latest plugins and 64-bit OS features! Because not everyone has a 64-bit computer, we include both the 64-bit and 32-bit versions with your purchase - you choose which one to use!

By default, when you install your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows the 32-bit version will run.

The steps to run the 64-bit version are simple! Just head to your "bb" folder and choose the "bbw64" icon - you'll notice that the Band-in-a-Box® "splash screen" will state "64-bit" as the program opens.
(and if you open the 32-bit version, the "splash screen" will state "32-bit")

Still not certain which version you're running? Within the program, go to Help | About Band-in-a-Box - it'll either state:

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Version 2019 (604)
<--- the number in brackets is the build number - this will change as new patch updates are released
64 bit application

or:

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Version 2019 (604)
<--- the number in brackets is the build number - this will change as new patch updates are released
32 bit application

We hope everyone who can is enjoying their Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit version for Windows!

Forum Stats
28434 Members
58 Forums
55237 Topics
460046 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Coskun, sbroach, GEORGES SCHIRO, Yellowkey, Hagglui78

28434 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 360
Pipeline 329