Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#231353 12/28/13 11:32 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
This is one I (Al) wrote and recorded back in December of 2012. I'm not near the singer Di is. I'm more a guitar picker than a singer. But, you're stuck with me anyway! We thought this one might be something Al Green might have done back in the mid-70's. Maybe Lou Rawls - wouldn't that be nice!

I don't have the BIAB tracks as they disappeared in a computer mishap a few months ago. All I have is this final mix-down. frown

All the tracks are BIAB...I didn't play anything on this one. I just molest the airways vocally!

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12080506

Yes I Do

© 2012 Alan D. David, BMI

(v1)
You asked if I still love you
If I still feel the same for you
As I did back when our love was new
When our skies were always blue
Well Honey, don’t you worry
I still love you, yes I do

CHORUS

I’ll always love you;
The way I did when our love was new
I still desire you, the flame is burning true
No need for you to wonder, cuz yes I do

(v2)
And yes, I still want you
I want to make love to you
I want to thrill you, the whole night through
See the fire in your eyes of blue
So Honey, don’t you worry
I still want you, yes I do

Instrumental Chorus

(v3)
Yes I wanna hold you
Make you smile when you’re blue
Keep the flame alive, make one from two
Just one love that’s me and you
So Honey, please don’t worry
I still need you, yes I do

(REPEAT CHORUS)
I’ll always love you
The way I did when our love was new
I still desire you, the flame is burning true
No need for you to wonder, cuz yes I do

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Al & Di !:))

I enjoyed your nice tune very much !
I happen to like this kind of rhytm (R&B)
and chords so it all sounded very good and
enjoyable to me !:))

Cheers and a Happy New Year to both of you too !
Dani

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Very nice enjoyable listen. Excellent singing and I also love the chords you are using.

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Al, Really nice song. Your vocal is very good. Very well recorded, great chord progression. A couple of small nits, The background ooh really gets in the way of the vocal. I would find another way to fill that space or else leave it out completely. The sax lead need a boost in volume to bring it up to the level of the vocal. I also would have cut the sax off instead of the slow fade. it sounded as if he wasn't finished playing. The overall sound of this is excellent. I hope you regard my comments as constructive as we are all trying to make these recordings the best we can. You have shown a great talent for songwriting, recording and playing and I look forward to more. Thanks for sharing, Tom

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Al, great way to be wakened on a chilly morning. Very nicely done throughout. You have a very pleasant voice. Now I'm waiting to hear you and Di together. That will be so wonderful!

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Dani...

Thank you for the nice comments! We are delighted you enjoyed it. Thank you for letting us know. Best to you in 2014...

Al & Di

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Scott,

Thanks so very much. I worked hard to get the chords the way I wanted them. What you heard was my 9th or 10th chord arrangement! I appreciate the kind comment on the vocals as I do not consider myself any more than a barely average singer. Hope 2014 treats you terrific!

Al & Di

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Tommy!

No offense taken whatsoever. Music is an ever-learning process and any constructive comments we get...we relish! We only want to make our music as good as we can. Constructive critiques from knowledgeable folks is the best way to achieve that. Please...feel free to comment as you like. We appreciate your input!!!!

I agree with you on the background. When Di first listened to this, she made a similar comment. I think the two of you are right. I no longer have the original trax for this...computer glitch gobbled them and 4 or 5 other songs in that folder. So, I really can't go back and remix/rearrange without doing it over from scratch...sucks!

On my view meters, the sax and vocal showed to be about the same volume. But, I'll keep yourt comments in mind for future mixes!

Thanks again...it's always a pleasure to hear from you! Hope 2014 treats you great!

Al & Di

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Good Morning, Don!

Thank you for those "warming' thoughts!!! I lived in Tulsa from 1999-2001. I worked for the Red Cross Disaster Services. I'm now retire3d except for music and writing novels. I like that a lot more!

Stay warm and enjoy 2014!

Al & Di

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Al,

don't let yourself get confused.
The song is good as it is.
And your voice is much better than you think.
A very enjoyable listen.

Guenter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Good Morning, Don!

Thank you for those "warming' thoughts!!! I lived in Tulsa from 1999-2001. I worked for the Red Cross Disaster Services. I'm now retire3d except for music and writing novels. I like that a lot more!

Stay warm and enjoy 2014!

Al & Di

I'm about 30 miles S of Tulsa on Highway 75. It's plenty warm in my room but I love being out in the gazebo, weather permitting.

Everything here is a memorial to Woody Guthrie. The highway through town is Woody Guthrie Drive, etc.

Always happy to hear you kids' stuff on here and especially on Street Jelly where I can see you both.

Thanks again for the song, Al.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Alan,

I really like this style and the song and track arrangement are so laid back smooth - a real pleasure listening. Made me feel all comfy cozy warm and fuzzy just like it's supposed to do. Love the positive theme and what a beautiful chord progression. While I agree with Tommy on his minor production nits - those are really minor. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Josie

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Very Smoooooth

Nice listening, and you understate your voice.

The Sax solo worked really well

Can I ask what Mic you used for the vocals, it's really clean.

Thanks for sharing
Trevor

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Guenter...

Thank you very much! I'm glad you enjoyed the song. I appreciate the supportive comments! best to you in 2014...

Al & Di

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Don,

Thanks for the comeback. Woody Guthrie was from Okema. If you're on Highway 75 I would assume you're in the Henryetta area. I've been to Henryetta and Okmulgee countless times. Henryetta is also the hometown of Troy Aikman if I recall correctly.

Gazebos are great! I bought a new home in Denver, CO back in July of 1979 and it had a gazebo that gave us a great view of MT Elbert, the tallest of the Rocky Mountains in Colorado. My former wife and I had many a evening meals out there. The gazebo was about 25 feet off our back patio. On the patio we had a built in brick BBQ grill. It was fantastic! In Tulsa, I lived near the intersection of Interstate 44 and Highway 169, right off of 21st Street.

Hope 2014 is a splendid year for you!

Al

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Josie...

Di and I sure do appreciate your kindness. I'm glad you enjoyed this one so much. Although by trade I am Country Guitar picker and do a lot of Lounge Jazz, my voice is more suited for Smooth Jazz and Classic Smooth R&B. I'm more of a crooner I guess. Thanks so much for your kind words! Wishing you a terrific 2014!

Al & Di

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Good Evening, Trevor...

So nice to "meet" you! And thank you so much for your encouraging words. As I told Josie, I guess I'm more a crooner and Smooth Jazz vocalist. I grew up playing Traditional Country music and really like it. That is my strongest guitar genre as well. But, I just don't have a good voice for Country or Rock. I will be posting a few of my vocals in which I sing Country and Rock and you will see why I stay away from it for the most part! Now, my wife, Di...she can sing any genre except Classical/Opera and Long Hair Rock. She just opens her mouth and this Divine sound fills the room. I have to work hard at singing.

As for my vocal instruments. We sing through an Audio Technical 2035 Condenser Mic. Now, and this surprises everyone, we do not sing through a mixing board or a PA. Rather, we sing through my guitar amp...seriously! It's a Peavey Nashville 112. The reason we do that is because we get so much more warmth and lift in our voices with the amp than we do in a mixing board. It has always been my thought that spring reverb is so much warmer and "wetter" than digital reverb. To our ears, digital reverb is dry and flat sounding. We tried several mixers and always go back to doing our vocals through my amp. Also, that particular model of amp is specifically design for pedal steel and has a broader frequency range than most amps and mixers and has crystal clear sound.

Also, we do not send the sound from the amp through a mixing board. We plug it straight into our laptop (and 8 year-old HP Pavilion ZV 6000 with I meg of RAM and a front bus speed of 333). The sound reproduction in that music chip is so much better than any other we have tried. Our studio is very simple. We record our vocals (or instrumentals) using BIAB for backing tracks. We save those tracks as an MP3 and use that MP3 of the BIAB backing tracks to sing to or play to. We save the vocal or instrumental as a separate MP#. I then mix the MP3 of the vocals or instrumental lead track with the BIAB MP3 backing tracks on Audacity. I fine tune (mix) the BIAB tracks to my satisfaction before saving them to MP3. I then record any harmonies/background voices the same as the lead vocals and mix the MP3's from them with the Lead vocal and BIAB backing tracks. That's how we do our recordings. It's really very simple and cheap.

I guess that's more than you asked about. Hope it didn't bore you too much! Wishing you a wonderful and prosperous 2014.

Al

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Al,

This is very smooth - very much a Lou Rawls kind of song. Nicely put together. The sax was set in there well. A little smooth R&B...

What else ya got up your sleeve?

floyd

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Floyd!

Glad you liked this one. As I said, I'm more a picker than a singer. But I am delighted most of you feel the vocal on this is decent. What's next? I'm probably gonna post a Classic Rock tune next and then a guitar instrumental. But I'll space all that out as I don't want to hog the board.

Thanks again for the kindness! Di and I wish you and yours a fantastic 2014!

Al & Di

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I'm down with floyd re the Rawls feel and the way the sax sits in the mix. Seems like a thin line between burying a sax or having it dominate. It works well and the mix is great on my KRK's. Have a good new year.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,462
Members38,439
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
MIX-I-MUSIX 2.0, Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz
38,441 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195