Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
This cut will show you why I don't sing a lot of Rock...just don't have the voice for it. This is a rough demo...still needs some touching up, musically.

This is another of the BIAB songs for which I no longer have the BIAB tracks...just this stereo mix-down. So, unfortunately, I can't give you the BIAB tracks info. Everything is BIAB except the guitar, which is my effort on Rock (not my strongest genre!)

I'm singing the lead vocal and the three harmony parts on the chorus.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11642647

Don't Come Knockin'

(v1)
Hope you're proud of your cheatin' self
Cuz I'm taking you off the shelf
Sending you on down the road
Your childish game is just too old
All you have to offer m
Is your infidelity
You've left me feeling empty and so cold

CHORUS
Don't come knockin' on my front door
I ain't got nothin' for you no more
I've grown tired of all your alibis
And don't come knockin' at my back door
Things ain't the way they were before
I'm fed up with all your cheatin' lies

(v2)
I gave you everything
My heart, my soul and all that bling
But I guess that ain't enough
My love - my dreams - and all that stuff
Cuz you had to cross the line
I guess you thought that I was blind
But Honey I saw every thing
Guess I saw too much

CHORUS

INSTRUMENTAL BREAK

(v3)
Hope you find what turns you on
Cuz honey what we had is gone
I can't let you hang around
To build me up then bring me down
Don't come runnin' back to me
I'm through with you just let me be
That string around my finger just came unwound

CHORUS

CHORUS

TAG
Don’t you even come knockin’

(c) 2012 Alan D. David, BMI / Diana Bowers, BMI

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Excellent song. Neat edge to the guitar. Excellent lyrics and well sung

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Scott...

Thanks so much. We appreciate the listen and your kind words. It's not a real good genre for me (Al) but we try to write outside our comfort zone to improve our writing skills. With a good rock voice, we think this one would be pretty decent. Thanks again!

Al & Di

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Al,

nice one.
Especially like the lead guitar.

Happy New Year

Guenter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Al and Di
Nothing wrong with this. Dont do yourself down.
Excellent slow and heavy Rocker!
Loved the guitar break and its dead stop and then its reprise in the Outro.
Go into 2014 with more of these great ideas.
Happy New Year
Ian

Old Guys Rule.The older I get,the better I was!
BB2023 ULTRA, 1013, Win 7 and 10

ALL TRACKS - https://app.box.com/s/501rnzrbadng1elvi45hbf7y08kl5oxp
SOUNDCLOUD-tracks using BB-
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel
Videos-
https://youtube.com/user/Sixchannel1
User Showcase
ROG Offline
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Al and Di.

I agree with Ian - what's not to like?

Good powerful sound with a great drum track and excellent guitar solo.

Vocals? Absolutely fine. Just have the confidence that you can do this stuff.

Good mix, nice stereo and well produced. All in all, an extremely good package.

ROG.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Guenter...

Thank you very much. I'm glad the guitar track worked for you! Happy new year to you, too.

Al & Di

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Good Evening Ian...

You are much too kind. We thank you very much. It is encouraging, indeed. I (Al) sincerely appreciate the confidence. perhaps it's just because it's not a common genre for me (us) that I'm not sure about the quality of the vocal. I'm very happy with the music, as is Di. I'll try to be a little more optimistic with my vocals! Singing for me is a struggle...it's not a natural ability. What you heard there was the 9th or 10th attempt. Now my wife, on the other hand, just opens her mouth and out comes this beautiful sound. She says singing for her is a simple as scratching an itch. I'm jealous!!!!

Thanks again. We both are very happy to read your kind words. We hope 2014 is a spectacular year for you.

Al & Di

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi ROG...

As we told Ian, we are very pleased to read your kind words of encouragement. Thank you so very much. The guitar work, the arrangement and the mix weren't all that difficult. Buit I really had to work on the vocal. We are delighted you enjoyed it as much as you did. Thanks! And a very happy New year to you and yours...

Al & Di

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Al,

Excellent job on this - I thought the vocal was really good... Loved the whole thing!

Bob

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Bob,

Thanks for the listen and the kind words. We're delighted you liked it. And I personally (Al) appreciate the encouragement on the vocal. Thanks again! best to you in 2014. It's already 2014 over there in the UK...four more hours here in Tennessee.

Al & Di

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Al,

I agree with the above posters, a sterling effort!! and hear no problems with the vocals
Your guitar skills are good, I enjoyed the solo and the dips of the trem arm and hope that you also did "the facial contortions" synonymous with a solo like that!!

Have a good New year, I look forward to listening to more of your songs in the future.

Alyn

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Alan,

Cool chorus. Loved the guitar work - great tone!

A few suggestions (for future "rock" mixes - since this one is gone).
The vocal could be mixed "nestled-down" a bit - so you can really CRANK it up to hear the guitars and drums "rockin'" (the drums sound great, too!)... This vocal is mixed more like a country song - more up-front and crisp (just my opinion, of course). Also thought this could have been sped up some. And a lot more harmonies on the chorus.

Not to "take away" from the song -'cause it was fun!

Happy New Year to you and Di!

floyd

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Al !:))

Exceptionally good sound on this
most interesting tune of yours !
Enjoyed listening to it !:))

Cheers
Dani

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Alyn...

Well, of course I did the facial contortions! What respectable picker wouldn't...ha!!!

Glad you liked it. And thanks so much for your kind comments. We sure do appr4eciate it! Wishing you the very best...

Al and Di

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Good Afternoon, Floyd,

Glad you liked it! thanks for those real kind words.

And you are right...I did mix this one as thought it were a Country or Folk tune, where lyric and story are king. But in Rock, it's more the beat and melody. I've already made a note of your suggestions for my next Rock mix. I have a couple of others, mostly with Di doing female lead, that I'll revisit and dial the vocal back and the percussions and bass up. The bass and drums are the "booty movers" on most Rock songs.

I did first and second part harmonies on this cut (duplicated the 2nd part, so it's on there twice). But I think you are right... loading that chorus up with more voice would give it a better Rock feel.

I appreciate all your feedback. Never hesitate to offer constructive criticism on any of our songs. The only way to improve is to be shown where you've fallen short or took a wrong turn somewhere along the way. I'll be 68 years old in March and I find I'm still learning as much now as I did when I was young.

Thanks again, my friend! Wishing you everything good.

Al (and Di)

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Dani...

Thank you so much. I really appreciate your very kind comments. We are delighted you are enjoying our music! Best to you in 2014!!!

Al & Di

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Well done. I loved the lead guitar. There are a few spots in the verses and chorus where a few lead licks might work too. I want more....

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
oleman...

Thank you so much for the listen and the review. We thought about putting that lead guitar in the background in a couple of places but decided to keep it simple instead. But, we might revisit it and see what happens. Thanks again...appreciate it. And hope 2014 is a great year for you!

Al & Di

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Al, Fun song. The vocal was good and the guitar playing was great. I agree with floyd on the mix. Keep em coming, Tom

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,396
Posts732,503
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz
38,441 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195