Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
WARNING...This song is so cheesy it's pathetic! We decided to write a song from the early 60's era in the cheesy Pop-Rock that was so prevalent at that time. The music ain't that bad but the lyric says Pepperjack, Swiss, Cheddar, Asiago....any kind of cheese you can think of! But, we had a really good time doing it. Sometimes the muse smacks you in the face and she won't be denied! We hope you like it anyway!!!! And thanks in advance.

File:Di - Come On Over Here.MGU
Key=Eb , Tempo 126, Length (m:s)=3:46
4 bar intro, 112 bar chorus, from bar 5 to bar 116. Repeat x1 chorus
Melody has 696 notes, Melody harmony is < no harmony >(0)
Soloist track has 1092 notes, Soloist harmony is < no harmony >(0)
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Song is saved with bar changes for Volume Changes,

Style MIDI Instruments are : Finger Electric Bass (34), Acoustic Piano (1), Muted Electric Guit (29),
RealTracks in song: 1842:Synth Pad, PopModernGrooveA-B Ev16 075
RealTracks in song: 1441:Sax, Alto, Soloist JazzFunkGroovin Ev16 110
RealDrums in style: CountryEven8: a: Brushes, HiHat b: Snare, Ride

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12388315

Come On Over Here
© 2012 Alan D. David, BMI / Diana Randall, BMI

Come On Over Here

(v1)
I see you looking at me every day
But you never have nothin’ to say
To tell the truth I’ve been hoping you might say hello
Cuz I’ve been sneaking a peek or two
I’ve been watching everything you do
I think you’re a guy I’d really like to get to know

CHORUS

Hey Baby, come on over here
I don’t bit but I might nibble on your ear
Don’t be nervous, don’t be shy
I think it’s time at last we say Hi
Yeah Baby, come on over here
Don’t be afraid, you got nothin’ to fear
‘Cept I might kiss you all over your face
Or maybe even a tight embrace

INSTRUMENTAL VERSE

(v2)
Don’t be shy, tell me what you think
And if you want, you can give me a wink
If you can’t tell I like the way you’ve been looking at me
You’re really cute and you’re sexy, too
Somehow I feel you would always be true
Don’t be so timid, go on and set your feelings free

CHORUS

INSTRUMENTAL VERSE

CHORUS

OUT

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
Very nice sounding song. The both of you are really starting to shine.

DA...

Hp Z Workstation - Akai MPK 49 - Intimate Headphone Listening http://soundcloud.com/digital-angel
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Di and Al,

cheesy or not: it's fun.
And a great voice.
Nice mix.

Guenter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Alan and Di...

Pathetic...NOT!!!! Cheesy... No Siree!!! This is a terrific piece.

You captured the style perfectly. The lyric is EXCELLENT. This type of song is not about clever phrases tightly crafted to dazzle the intellect. It's all about how the words sound - how they fall on the ear - and do they make sense as they fall... This does that perfectly. Not a single word out of place. A simple message without sounding contrived. This is NOT easy to do. These words SING.

Di's vocal is a delight. Comfortable. Convincing. Like it wasn't a song, but something she actually felt like saying...

The instrumentation is terrific. The sax fits perfectly. The mix is as good as everything else in the song....

My fav "Al & Di"...

floyd

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Well, I like the song, okay, it's fun. But, since you mentioned lyrics, oh boy, I sure hope I'm not out of line here....

In the chorus, you might try a minor edit and changing the order of the lines in the second half? Just a suggestion, okay.

Hey Baby, come on over here
I don’t bite but I might nibble your ear
Don’t be nervous, don’t be shy
I think it’s time that we say Hi

Or maybe even tightly embrace
‘Cept I might kiss you all over your face
Don’t be afraid, you got nothin’ to fear
Yeah Baby, come on over here

Last edited by olemon; 01/16/14 01:21 PM.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Oh yeah. That's a fun listen. The vocal is so relaxed. It is a perfect delivery for the song. Really well written. I would tweak a couple of things in the mix. I thought the muted guitar was too loud and the sax not loud enough. I also thought the ending should be different. I struggle a lot with endings myself. Don't let my nitpicking comments detract from a great track. Keep em coming. Tom

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Well done. Loved the song. Well sung and played. Sax was a nice touch

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Loved it! Very cool retro vibe on this one. Great work.

Bob

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Alan and Di
I have been away so haven't had a chance to listen to your stuff as yet. What a nice surprise. Great song. Great vocal. Great mix. Looking forward to more.

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
https://lyriclab.net
Play-along with songs you know and love, download SGU files
https://playiit.com/
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi DA...

Thank you so much for your comments. Glad you enjoyed it!

Al & Di

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Guenter

We're delighted you liked this one. it was supposed to be fun. I guess we succeeded...thanks!

Al & Di

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Floyd...

Thank you so very much for those encouraging and wonderful comments. Now, we;re going to have to exceeded our budget for the month...those bigger hats are expensive!

Seriously, we really appreciate those kind words. We hold your opinion in high regard. We are humbled!

Al & Di

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Bob...

No comment is out of line as long as it's respectful...and everyone here always is. We appreciate the input. We're both closing in on 70 years old but still willing and wanting to learn as much as possible.

We liked your suggestion for reversing those two couplets...it's so obvious. Thanks for pointing that out to us. It just went right by us...thanks again!

Al & Di

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Tom...

So glad you enjoyed your listen. Although we're happy with the sax, we definitely agree with you on the muted guitar (right channel). If we redo this pone...which is quite likely...we will address that, maybe even turn the sax up a touch! We always appreciate constructive suggestion like this! Thanks again....

Al & Di

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Ho Scott...

Thanks for the listen and very nice review. We appreciate the positive feedback! Best to you...

Al & Di

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Bob (resdean)...

Thank you for the listen and for your kind words. We appreciate that great feedback. Wishing you well...

Al & Di

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Josie...

Glad to have you listening in on our music!!!

We're delighted you enjoyed it and we sure do appreciate you letting us know. There will be more! Best to you...

Al & Di

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Al & Di !:))

It is easy to join in with all the other
comments !:)) I enjoyed this tune really
very much and Di´s voice is absolutely the right
one for this song !:)) Thumbs up !:))

Cheers
Dani

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Ditto for the others, nice tune, great vocal and delivery. OK by me!

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Al & Di,

I really like that retro vibe too. Fun and flirty. Nice sax and arrangement. My foot was tapping. And Di, you had me with that vocal. Loved it. The ending was a bit rough but the more ya'll use BIAB/RB you'll get those smoothed out and it certainly didn't diminish me enjoying the song.

Josie

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,396
Posts732,506
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz
38,441 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195