Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Oleman,

Thank you for your thoughts. The New Orleans swing piano is an amazing track. It's not possible to feel miserable after listening to it!

Thanks again,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
J
Journeyman
Journeyman
J
Noel:

This is a very catchy song. You've done a good job with picking the right RTs for the mood -- and the mix is very good.
Also, I think your vocal is very strong.

Nice job.

John

User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Scott,

I appreciate your dropping in to have a listen and to comment. Thank you for the positive comments!

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Joanne,

Thank you for the smile your comments gave me. It's a great way to start the day. Hope you're settling back into work after you break.

Best wishes,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hey Don,

Love the phrase "squattin' in cotton"! I hope your cotton bushes are the Irish-lovin' and friendly kind smile It could be a bit nasty if they're not.

I'd love to take credit for the fiddle and the other instrumentation but, I have to be honest and say that I couldn't have put anything like this together without Peter Gannon's vision that has made BIAB what it is today. It's an incredible program!

One thing that might interest you is that I used some volume envelopes on the fiddle solo to shape the performance a little more and to give it more of a live feel. The below image of the fiddle track will show you what I mean.

Thank you for dropping by. It's always good to see you.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Noel
Sorry I'm late to the Party!!
Fun track for sure.
What a great idea. Pull another cold beer out of the shallows for me, will ya??!!
Enjoyed it very much
Cheers
ian

Old Guys Rule.The older I get,the better I was!
BB2023 ULTRA, 1013, Win 7 and 10

ALL TRACKS - https://app.box.com/s/501rnzrbadng1elvi45hbf7y08kl5oxp
SOUNDCLOUD-tracks using BB-
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel
Videos-
https://youtube.com/user/Sixchannel1
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Al and Di,

Thank you for the uplifting comments! You made my day smile

Best wishes,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hey floyd!

Yep, it's a simple song this time around. If I only count the chorus once, the lyrics come in at 103 words. The challenge with that (at a tempo of 128 bpm) is how to make it a worthy listen because the whole song is done in less than 2 minutes.

I needed to be able to repeat a fair bit of the material if I was going to get a song of any significant length. Since repetition can be boring for all involved, I wasn't quite sure how to go about doing it effectively and avoiding that boredom factor. Then it struck me that if I could go somewhere in the arrangement that was musically so completely different from anything thing that had come before it, people might be able to hear the repetition with a fresh enough sound that they could enjoy it reasonably well the second time through. That's where the piano and fiddle duet came from. To enhance the duet's contribution, I also made their section 12 bars long. All other sections of the song are 8 bars long.

It was a fun challenge!

All the best,
Noel

P.S. Straw hat, seersucker suit, can and soft shoe. Now there's a thought wink

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
ROG Offline
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Noel.

Been missing for a while, but this was a nice tune to find when I got back.

Basically, it's all been said and it's all been good.

Just to say I thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing.

ROG.

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Wow! What can I say, super use of BIAB and the lyrics are out of the park!!!!

What a treat to listen to!

User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Mike,

Glad you dropped in. Thanks for taking a listen and giving me some feedback. It's always good to know how others hear you work.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Josie,

Thank you smile

You've interpreted the lyrics exactly how they happened in my head when I wrote them. That's how I wanted them to come across. I appreciate your telling me all this because it helps me see my song better.

I still haven't forgotten that I'm putting together some more advanced tips on Reaper. It's just taken me longer to get to than I anticipated. Hopefully, by the end of this week I'll have the document finalised!

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hey Bud,

I don't know what to say! Obviously your amazing speakers can make an ordinary singer like me sound good. I should get some! Your comment about George Harrison made me smile for the rest of day! I'd love to be able to write something like "Something". I reckon that that's one of Harrison's best. For the moment, though, I'll just keep on doing what I do. (As I've said before, 90% of Dylan's work is not his best 10%. That thought keeps me going.)

Please tell Janice that the world needs eternally optimistic people. There's not enough them these days.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi John,

Appreciate your calling in and listening. Thank you for the positive comments.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Ian,

Good to see you! Ahhhh, I see you're a fishing man. Cool. Thanks for taking time out to have a listen.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Howdy ROG,

Hope you were doing enjoyable things while you were out in the real world! I've got to say you did a great job on James's song he posted recently. Your skills are very extensive, that's for sure.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Lawrence,

Thanks for taking time to listen. I really appreciate the comments. Lyric writing has been a long slow road for me but, at last, I seem to be getting somewhere! I'm not in your league yet, though.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Noel,

After reading the other comments this is obviously just my opinion: I would have rather been able to listen to the song first because reading how you "clinically" wrote the lyrics before I listened to the song spoiled the experience, a bit, for me.

That saying it IS a good song and the chorus IS catchy and was stuck in my head for a while laugh

As I said this is just my humble opinion!

Alyn

User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Alyn,

I hear what you're saying. When read back over what I wrote in the initial post, it does sound a little clinical. That gives the wrong impression, though, because the process was highly creative - especially the short story that began the journey of the lyrics.

The reason I put that information into my post was because I thought that some people might like an insight into how I came up with the song's words. There are some outstanding musicians on here who don't know how to write lyrics and who are even intimidated by the thought of trying. I wanted to give them a little bit of hope and to say "it's not hard as you might think once you have a couple of basic tools in your tool-belt" smile

For me, creating a first draft of a lyric is more creative than clinical. When it comes to polishing up the lyric, though, and rewriting it to make it as strong as possible, that's definitely more clinical than creative smile

Thanks for listening and for the positive feedback. It's always good to see you.

All the best,
Noel

P.S. Every time I look at your new avatar I think "such an impressive looking guitar!"

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
I thought I was hearing the next hit by Ringo Starr. Nice!!!!

R

Last edited by rickey2005; 01/19/14 09:04 PM.

It needs more cowbell!

https://therickhansenband.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,478
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195