Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Noobs are often suspect due to low post count so I want to formally introduce a treasured friend, Summer Russell. Many of us know her from her frequent appearances on Street Jelly ( streetjelly.com ) where she mesmerizes her viewers with her beautiful voice and her arpeggio acoustic guitar work. I am proud to call her a dear and loyal friend who is literally aglow with love of people and her musical pursuits.

Summer is not new to songwriting but is new to BIAB so I assured her that she'd have ample support from this wonderful group of musicians and technicians. Please make Summer feel welcome.

This is her first BIAB production, which shows off her beautiful voice and lyric writing. Enjoy.

https://summerrussell.bandcamp.com/track/southbound-crescent-waltz

Welcome to the absolute best music forums on this planet.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Don and WELCOME Summer. So glad to have you here. I have no doubt that you will find the community here most friendly and helpful. I am very impressed with your first BIAB song. And so quickly! I think Summer only got her BIAB on Monday. I am sure that is a record!! Well done and we look forward to many more.

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
https://lyriclab.net
Play-along with songs you know and love, download SGU files
https://playiit.com/
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Summer (via Don),

Welcome! A great first post.

Good train song. Terrific vocal. An enjoyable listen.

Looking forward to many more to come!...

floyd

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
@Josie C, why did I know that you'd be first to jump in with encouragement and support? You are predictably wonderful, my friend. Summer speaks highly of you and has enjoyed your SJ performances.

She also enjoys Danny C's great shows. I don't want to box-in her genres or music preferences so I'll leave that discussion to Summer.

@Summer, I won't address the short learning curve you've demonstrated. I've come to expect it from you. What did surprise me, however, is how well you've done on your very first production. It's quite obvious that you didn't just roll off of the pumpkin truck as it rolled through PG Village. Knowing you, I'm certain that you'll be tutoring other noobs before long, that's your nature. I am so proud to call you "friend."

As the developer of Band In A Box, Doctor Peter Gannon would say: "Have fun!" That's the good doctor's orders, follow them to the letter and you will reap many benefits.

Again, welcome!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Welcome SUMMER!

I knew it would not take you very long to jump in with both feet, fun ain't it?

This is a pretty solid first effort, I look for a long fun relationship between you and BIAB. Of course if you need and help and/or direction this is the best place on earth to get it.

Now come on and get logged in here so you can meet some of these very nice helpful folks.

Your SJ Friend,

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Floyd, I/we appreciate your input also. I told Summer to expect excellent critiques from you. You didn't roll off of the pumpkin truck either. You are well-respected here.

I know that Summer would appreciate your professional dissection of her music because you will be fair and gentle.

I'm hoping that our small female contingent will step up to the plate and extend a kind hand to Summer. It can be frightening to terrifying for noobs.

Also waiting for Mac to pop in. He's very knowledgeable on stuff too.

User Showcase
S
S
Thanks Donald for the introduction, and thank you all so much for your kind welcoming words! I'm so excited to be part of this wonderful community, and looking forward to learning a lot as I enjoy all your musical contributions.

User Showcase
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Welcome to the forum Summer, beautiful vocal, Great lyrics thanks for sharing!

My Tunes

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
And very nice too, Summer
Welcome to the best music Forum in the World - probably smile
Super first song for us, but not for you. We're all tucked in bed when you go live on Street Jelly and I havent found a way (yet) of being able to record a "Show".
Nice use of the BIAB RealTracks and smooth, clear singing.
cheers
ian

Old Guys Rule.The older I get,the better I was!
BB2023 ULTRA, 1013, Win 7 and 10

ALL TRACKS - https://app.box.com/s/501rnzrbadng1elvi45hbf7y08kl5oxp
SOUNDCLOUD-tracks using BB-
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel
Videos-
https://youtube.com/user/Sixchannel1
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Summer (and Don)...

Welcome to the PG Music Showcase. We've been here just under a month and have enjoyed it so much. The folks here are warm, helpful and hugely talented.

We echo what everyone else has already said. Great production fir a first effort. And you have a lovely voice. This is a great song, too.

That was a wonderful listen...thank you for the treat! best to you...

Al & Di

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Excellent song.

I am new here as well, having started with BIAB right at Christmas. The software is a blast, as you are already discovering, and rather quickly:) The folks here are very supportive.

Looking forward to more from you.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Harketh, y'all! Is that Summer, Di, Cuzzy, and both Josies that I hear gargling in preparation for a knockout harmony session on SJ?

Wooden gnat be loverly? Wow! Color me anticipatory, but please stay within the lines!

User Showcase
ROG Offline
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Summer.

Let me add my voice to the welcome you've received from everyone.

You've certainly hit the ground running with this first song on the forum. It's a wonderful country song with an excellent and emotional vocal delivery. Looking forward to hearing more of your stuff.

Keep up the good work.

ROG.

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
yes, solid vocal and very engaging lyric

happy journey with BIAB!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Summer,

welcome to the forum.
Let me quote ROG (because I can't say it better): "You've certainly hit the ground running with this first song on the forum. It's a wonderful country song with an excellent and emotional vocal delivery."
Looking forward for more.

Guenter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Welcome Summer and Hi Don, I like the vocal and the writing. Thanks for posting. We want more! Tom

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Summer,

Welcome! BIAB/RB is a wonderful program for songwriters and for making your own performance backing tracks - not to mention all the learning tools included - few programs out there pack as much bang for the buck - money well spent for sure as an investment in your career.

Pretty vocal and nice arrangement.

Good job.

Josie

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Don & Summer !

Welcome Summer !
You surely came like a
sweet summer breeze !:))

With a beautiful tune and a
wonderful voice !:))
Leaves one hoping for more !:))

Congrats and cheers
Dani

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Beautiful song and beautiful voice.

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Summer!

Welcome to the BIAB user forum!

You may remember me from SJ... I've been a fan of yours in that environment, and now I look forward to enjoying your music here too!

Knowing what I do of you, I'd say you are a good fit for this forum, where kindness, a sense of humor and talent in abundance are adjectives that describe nearly everyone.

I really enjoy your first song! May I ask how you got introduced to BIAB? However it happened, I'm sure glad it did... and I hope you become a regular contributor, not only to the User Showcase forum, but also to the other forums where we meet top share our thoughts and ideas about BIAB and often about life in general.

A note to everybody else: keep an eye on this gal.. she is awesome!

Last edited by Pat Marr; 01/25/14 10:32 AM.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,396
Posts732,518
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 193