Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Robh
I'm with Scott, gonna be 72 here today in Oceanside Cal. It is more expensive here, but all things are relative. Sometimes in the mornings it drops down alllllll the way to 45 degrees, but then the dreaded heat wave kicks in and it climbs to an unearthly 75 some days geez what a unforgiving winter. But you say how are the summers? Man oh man the heat and humidity are killers here, Why just this last summer we had a whole week where the temps soared into the 90s!!! Top that off with having to put up with a typical day around 80 degrees. Man i am not sure how much of this i can take!

Rob you are looking for trouble man! LMAO!

Later,

Mac #237250 01/26/14 04:49 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Mac
43 deg F up here in Chesapeake this afternoon, Pat.

--Mac

I visited the chesapeake bay area a few years ago for a niece's wedding.. you live in a beautiful place Mac!

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Great poem. LOL!

Looks like some good recipes too.

We're not used to the cold down here - natural steam sauna in the summer yeah just go outside - but this cold no. And they just put up winter storm watch for Tues - Wed. Ewww. We just had that last week.

I feel for you people up north. I hope and pray this is the last round of the bitter cold this year. One hard winter that's for sure - enough bitter cold already.

California sounds nice but too many fires out there.

Josie

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Fires are in the mountains or high desert areas like 30 or more miles from the coast.

It's cooling off right now because it really is winter here, now it's 51 going to a high of 69 then later in the week it's clouding up and cooling off. Sat it's a projected low of 45 with a high of 63. Brrr, gonna have to really bundle up and plug in my car. Jeesh, I may have to wear a sweater.

Hate when that happens.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Off-Topic
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
It's supposed to hit 74F in Vegas, Thursday. Mornings are still chilly though. smile

Don S.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
58F today in Winston-Salem... light jacket weather

Off-Topic
rharv Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Tonight Winston-Salem is reporting 9F for a low.
Welcome to Michigan!

Your reported high for today (27F) is what we are hoping for this weekend ... just to put it in perspective; that would be 10 degrees above our high temp for the past week. And I'm in 'southern Michigan'.

Ain't normal, but it just might kill the Ash Bore larvae (solving one issue) and the snow may accumulate enough to raise the lake levels (helping solve another)

Trying to look at the bright side

Last edited by rharv; 01/29/14 07:40 PM.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
you got me on that one... I bragged on NC weather too soon!

we actually have snow on the ground as I write this... not unheard of around here, but not all that common either

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
We are at the beginning of a heat wave here. Today’s projected high of 25°F! We may get over 32°F for the next two days before it goes below freezing again.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I know I'll regret saying this but here in the UK we haven't had a Winter - yet!
Sure, the south west of England has had so much rain that most of Somerset is flooded and villages marooned, some for a month now.
But it hasn't been Cold and, so far, no Snow.
Fingers crossed.
Ian

Old Guys Rule.The older I get,the better I was!
BB2023 ULTRA, 1013, Win 7 and 10

ALL TRACKS - https://app.box.com/s/501rnzrbadng1elvi45hbf7y08kl5oxp
SOUNDCLOUD-tracks using BB-
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel
Videos-
https://youtube.com/user/Sixchannel1
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
The weather around New York City will be above freezing Sunday. All I can say to those who put the SuperBowl here is, you're darn lucky. It still won't be comfortable enough that I would want to attend. I got my fill of playing trumpet charges at freezing football games all over New England in high school.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Based on the latest weather reports, which predicted light snow in Atlanta and northwards (we're about 25 miles northwest of the city), my wife and I left home yesterday at 10:30 a.m. for a discount warehouse to pick up a big screen TV. There were a few lazy flakes falling, but that was it. It took us 20 minutes to drive the 10 miles down Highway 41 (yes, the one the Allman's wrote about) to the store.

When we came out at noon, an hour later, there was a moderate snowfall, but the ground was covered. We pulled directly into a traffic jam. Fortunately I had over a half tank of gas, but by 7:00 I was wondering whether it would be enough. It took us eight grueling hours, idling in traffic the whole time, to return home. In that time the snow picked up, partly melted, turned to ice on the roads, and tapered off, but the damage was done.

Anything you saw or heard about what happened in Atlanta is true (especially the total gridlock), except for the bit about whose fault it was. We were cruelly misled by the weather service. They said they updated their prediction at around 3:30 that morning to reflect what eventually happened, but somehow nobody got that memo.

I'm personally [convinced of/superstitious enough to believe in] divine intervention. I don't think we would have gotten home otherwise. I have a two-wheel-drive SUV in good shape with new tires, but I still can't believe we made it up those last two hills, then DOWN a hill in our community on a sheet of ice without stalling or sliding into something. My stomach still aches from the tension I was holding in my abs.

But hey. The power is on, the internet is running, we did our weekly shopping on Sunday, and we have a new big screen TV. Could be much worse.

Signed,

Grateful

"My primary musical instrument is the personal computer."
Off-Topic
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
"But hey. The power is on, the internet is running, we did our weekly shopping on Sunday, and we have a new big screen TV. Could be much worse."

Happy that you got through the ordeal okay.

Looks like you might be all set for the super bowl?

Don S.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Curmudgeon
Looks like you might be all set for the super bowl?

Don S.

That was, after all, the point. It didn't turn out so well for many others. We are extremely grateful for the outcome.

"My primary musical instrument is the personal computer."
Off-Topic
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
I cleared my driveway and sidewalks of 3" of powder snow a couple days ago with an electric leaf blower. It was in the 50's later that day, and I really didn't need to do it. It was done out of scientific curiosity.

We have teens at night, 40s and 50s during the day here in Colorado Springs.

The sun shines brightly most days. In the summer it can get into the 90's 'but it's a dry heat'. In the evenings, low 60s and low humidity - open the windows and sleep like a baby with the whole house fan running. No mosquitos.

Being from Michigan the first 40+ years of my life, I love it here.

Except for the fires. The fires are terrifying.

Off-Topic
rharv Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
"Except for the fires. The fires are terrifying." QFT

Don't ya miss the lakes? The rivers? Salmon runs .. walleye ..
An eagle family moved into the area recently. I saw one of the adults and a few other people I know are reporting seeing adults and immatures.

It can be pretty cool around here sometimes. It's just too cold lately.
Although today we hit 25F, the wind chill takes it down to 11. It's still the warmest day in over a week, so I should stop whining.
A nice sunny 25F day without wind and blowing snow would be very nice about now!
The roads get plowed and a couple hours later they start drifting over again. Open farm fields really accelerate the process. Lots of farm fields around here.

I do feel for those around Atlanta. Sounds like things got pretty rough.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rharv
I saw one of the adults and a few other people I know are reporting seeing adults and immatures.

Yeah, I can relate. I see them all the time around here too, especially on the weekends down at the beach. Walking around, wearing almost nothing. Oh wait. You're talking about birds like with feathers and stuff...

Sorry.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Welcome to PG Music's Weather Channel, where you can pick up some great recipes too!! grin

Cheers,
Keith
Off-Topic
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Originally Posted By: rharv
"Except for the fires. The fires are terrifying." QFT

Don't ya miss the lakes? The rivers? Salmon runs .. walleye ..
An eagle family moved into the area recently. I saw one of the adults and a few other people I know are reporting seeing adults and immatures.

The lakes, to some extent yes - but the area I was from in Oakland County, all the lakes are shut-in by homes on the lakes.

There's plenty of rivers here and the fly fishing is more fun to a hack like me - fewer overhead snags. Fish aren't nearly as big as steelhead, of course, but standing in a river with majestic 14,000+ ft peaks around is pretty therapeutic, I must say!

I miss the lush green trees, but not the fall raking and spring raking - my yard in Clarkston had about 30 mature Red Oaks, which shed leaves in the fall for weeks, then in the winter and then in the spring when the new buds come in. Weeks spent raking - those days are over.

I love to be able to see for 100 miles in many directions, and watch the weather roll from the front range out into the plains. You haven't seen majestic thunderheads until you can see the entire weather system cast out in front of you like those 1800's landscape paintings that look too good to be true. When the sun sets behind the Front Range, and the entire silhouette of the Front Range looks like it was torn from black construction paper then placed over a sky that's a pastel rainbow as far as the north is from the south.

Here in the Springs, because it's a major military town, we are all visitors and newbies, so it seems. There are not the generations of families that have lived in a 100 mile radius as long as Henry was giving out paychecks. Back in MI, I can appreciate the green in June, but after a day or two, I start to feel 'closed in' by the trees. My good friend who sort of is responsible for our leaving said that would happen and I didn't realize it until back in MI about a year and a half after living here. I itch to see the Spanish Peaks, faint purple on the southern horizon - 150 miles to the south, the way pointed by the closer and deeper purple Wet Mountains. There's a strange freedom one feels in breathing air that you can see through so far away. And eagles, you do get to see them quite close up all along the Arkansas Valley - seeing a Bald Eagle cruise for trout is a thing of beauty, I have to agree. And they have made a huge comeback up in Alpena/Oscoda area in MI along the Au Sable and Rifle rivers.

I do get to see bighorns and mountain goats, and an occasional bear, and the best was a pair of adult bobcats crossing the street right in front of our car in the mountain shadows neighborhood one night in the winter before the Waldo Canyon fire obliterated major portions of that neighborhood. It was actually shocking and beautiful simultaneously.

There has been deep change to me and my wife and our kids personally since moving out here, and having to deal with everything 'NEW' for the first time in decades; new doctors, new friends, new employers, new church, new schools, new roads, new scenery, etc. Incredibly stressful, but also invigorating. I have learned a little bit how to be a better neighbor and to really know my neighbors, that was a necessity here, and I'm ashamed that I didn't do a better job of it back in MI.

So, do I miss MI? I miss my MI friends and family. I miss a deep green horizon, but not the work and mosquitos that the green harbors behind it's beauty.

Last edited by rockstar_not; 01/30/14 11:50 PM.
Off-Topic
rharv Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Nicely played

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,469
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195