Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Quote:

...After doing three Mute-return to normal entries I tried to play it back and got no audio. Then I went back to the original and it plays fine as do all other works in progress in the BIAB song folder.

Maybe you did not first push PLAY button in order to have the new songfile generate the parts before trying to edit...

--Mac

B
Brian K Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
Good thought...maybe that's it.

Thanks Mac

M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Or maybe you're just dumber than a salesperson...

YOU OWE EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM AN APOLOGY, DUDE.

--Mac

B
Brian K Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
Ok,Mac. You're right. My apologies.

Brian

B
Brian K Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
Actually, Mac I've been thinking this over and I think your comment to me was more insulting than mine to Peter.

So why don't YOU apologize to me since we are so into apologies.

Just who do you think you are? The apology god?

You know,Mac...with the number of anonymous visitors on this site every day who are trying to decide whether or not to buy into this program it might be wise of you, who obviously supports the product as do I,to be a bit more civilized yourself. I have already admitted my own guilt as to not being infallibly immune to confusion and frustration leading to perhaps imprudent expressions of emotion. (You can look that word up...from what I've seen of your posts it might not be in your vocabulary)

Veteran
Veteran
Dear all,

Brian doesn't owe me an apology.

Anyone who reads all the above responses prior to Mac's post (#323993) can see that there has been nothing in this thread that anyone needs to apologize for. It's all been "business as usual" in here.

For the record, I have really enjoyed helping Brian and he's been very sincere in his appreciation.

Regards,
Noel

Last edited by Noel96; 07/16/11 04:28 AM.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Sheesh.

B
Brian K Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
OK...Enough...my fault...my bad!

Let the comedy continue as we all continue to do what we do best....make music!

Let's just move on...OK? Enough!

Truce?

Veteran
Veteran
Everyone knows how to use "ignore", right? I suggest you do so, as I have, and see where he goes for help.

He does indeed owe the users here an apology, as well as needing some human being lessons. Cement headed bully doesn't work in 2011. At least not with me.

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."
B
Brian K Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
Actually, Eddie,I believe that I have already complied quite adequately with that request.

All the best,

Brian

F
F
NEEDLESSLY COMPLICATED?: Maybe. If you understand what BiaB is doing it may help. If you have a group of sections that will repeat more than once you can consider that collection as a "chorus" and create it that way in BiaB. Then enter the number of times to repeat.

Regarding the intro. The intro is any number of bars that you set BEFORE the "chorus" section. These bars will NOT repeat.

The outro/end exists as anything outside the LAST "chorus" bar.

If you use this procedure to create the basic structure you can then UNFOLD the chorus and BiaB will present you with a traditional linear presentation.

The explanation is here:
Band-in-a-Box uses the Jazz convention that a "Chorus" is the whole song. This topic covers the terminology of:

Intro

Verse

Chorus

Bridge

Tag

You'll need to use the "Framing Controls" of Band-in-a-Box, where you set the chorus begin bar, the chorus end bar, and the number of choruses to repeat. These controls are found just below the song title window on the main screen. The defaults for a new song are [1]-[32]x[3]

INTRO
How long an intro is, and what is included, is determined by what is in the 1st number box of the framing section of Band-in-a-box. So if your first chorus starts at bar #17, you have from bar #1 to #16 (16 bars) to do what ever you want to with. You could create a standard intro, or with instruments coming on one at a time every 4 bars. You may place part markers to go from lighter to heavier feels. You may include as many bars as you need to, but this section will only play once at the beginning of your song.

VERSE/CHORUS Section
"Chorus begins at bar #17" means that everything from bar 17 to the "Chorus ends at" bar (let's choose 48) will play or repeat as many times as you have indicated in "#choruses". In this section it is a good idea to make full use of the part markers, which will give your song a different feel, especially in the bridge.

BRIDGE
Contained within the main framing section of the song between the chorus begin and chorus end bar, the bridge is usually emphasized with the use of the "B" substyle. To make your song even more interesting, Band-in-a-Box allows you to do style changes at any bar. Experiment with two styles that are similar, and later with wildly different styles.

THE TAG
The tag can also be used similarly to the intro. You can make it as long as you like. It will fall outside of the "chorus begins at" and "chorus ends at" section, and it will only play once at the end of your song, after the choruses have been played. It could consist of the chords for a bridge, a key change and chorus restatement, then a full ending. To set up the tag ending, click the [S] button found just to the right of the framing controls to bring up the Song Settings window. Place a checkmark in the Tag Exists box and then specify how you want the tag to be played by typing the bar numbers in the 'Tag jump after', 'Tag begin at', and 'Tag ends after' boxes. In our example, say we set those to 40, 49, and 56. This means that the song would play through two chorus, play the third chorus up to bar 40, then jump to bar 49 and play through to bar 56. Note: A Tag will only work if there is more than one chorus set to play. If your song only has one chorus, the a tag isn't needed.

THE 2 BAR ENDING
This automatic feature can be selected if you do not want to create your own ending with held bars/instruments and/or rests. It will add 2 bars to the song and auto-create an ending for you. You can toggle the 2-bar ending on/off in the Song Settings window just underneath the Tag settings.

In summary, the entire song that we have set up in the examples above would play the following way: 1-48, 17-48, 17-40, 49-56, and if we have turned the two bar ending on, bars 57-58 would be the ending.

Band-in-a-box 2004 and higher also have options to use repeats, 1st/2nd endings, and codas in your song. The Repeats/1st-2nd endings/codas feature is mainly used if you need to create printed charts that show those symbols. Click here for more information about this.

Veteran
Veteran
I'm trying to figure out a few things here. Why was this thread resurrected after 2 1/2 years? The OP hasn't posted in a year and a half.

And what did the OP say for which someone demanded an apology to all forum users, while leveling an insult at the OP?

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Veteran
Veteran
All praise to FrankRiffs for a great explanation but something not right here. How did he, as a Newbie, find this 2 year old thread in the first place and then have the knowledge to post such a comprehensive and thorough review?
Just my thoughts
Ian

Old Guys Rule.The older I get,the better I was!
BB2023 ULTRA, 1013, Win 7 and 10

ALL TRACKS - https://app.box.com/s/501rnzrbadng1elvi45hbf7y08kl5oxp
SOUNDCLOUD-tracks using BB-
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel
Videos-
https://youtube.com/user/Sixchannel1
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley

And what did the OP say for which someone demanded an apology to all forum users, while leveling an insult at the OP?

Whew. I'm glad I wasn't the only one trying to figure all of that out. I went back through the thread discussions. I didn't understand what suddenly happened to change things. I interpreted that the O/P seemed to be genuinely grateful for all of the advice given. Then something went extremely wrong. Beats me why though.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Its the Internet.

Okay, "Welcome to My World" is up, nice 'n easy, key of Bb, One, Two, One, Two, Three, Four...

Matt, take the first solo, 'K?

grin

--Mac

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
I went back through the thread discussions. I didn't understand what suddenly happened to change things. ...

That kind of stuff used to happen more frequently then recently seen here. But things have of way of cycling.

And regarding how this tread got resurrected, to now include a nice overview, is beyond me?

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jazzmandan
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
I went back through the thread discussions. I didn't understand what suddenly happened to change things. ...

That kind of stuff used to happen more frequently then recently seen here. But things have of way of cycling.

Thanks Dan for the clarification. I'm glad things have changed. In any case, we're all actually supposed to be working on the same team, right?

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
F
F
Hi All, I found this thread by searching something like "song arrangement." I had become very frustrated in trying to do the simplest thing - arrange a song, lol.

P.S. My first BiaB purchase was for the DOS version. Coming back to it after more than a decade away.

Incidentally...people should know that there are SIGNIFICANT feature differences between the Mac version of BiaB and the Windows version. Just sayin'.

Last edited by FranksRiffs; 02/09/14 10:37 AM.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,449
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195