Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#241964 - 02/28/14 11:55 PM [User Showcase] When My Woman Makes Love To Me - Al Singing
Loc: Alabama, USA
Al-David Offline
Veteran

** SOME FOLKS MIGHT FIND THIS A BIT SUGGESTIVE - JUST TO LET YOU KNOW. **

This is another one that was in the file that got sent to that mystical place in cyberspace unknown to all mankind. There were 6 or 8 songs in the file. Translation - I don't have the RT tracks to post for you, sorry frown

It's our version of Smooth R&B. Let us know what you think!

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12701907

When My Woman Makes Love To Me

(c) 2013 Alan D. David, BMI

(v1)
Erotic whispers, I ask her if she'd dare
Lips tracing boldly, I kiss her everywhere
Her breath is heavy, as I make my move
Her body answers when I find my groove
I'm taken to a place beyond the ecstasy
She satisfies my every fantasy

CHORUS

When my woman makes love to me
My soul breaks out in fire
She never leaves me
With an unfulfilled desire
She won't refuse me
She gives me what I need
It's passion with no limits

INSTRUMENTAL VERSE

CHORUS

She never leaves me
She won't refuse me
She gives me what I need

(v2)
Her touch is tender, her passion oh so strong
She lets me have my way, cuz I won't do her wrong
Our bodies melding, as two turn into one
And when we're finished, the loving's still not done
She whispers in my ear
Says it's the best it's ever been
And she can't wait to love me once again

CHORUS

She never leaves me
She won't refuse me
She gives me what I need

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#241966 - 03/01/14 02:48 AM [User Showcase] Re: When My Woman Makes Love To Me - Al Singing [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi Al,

Very smooth music indeed. You certainly have a flair for skilful arranging.

I'm curious, when you arranged this, did you try the sequence "V1, Chorus, V2, Chorus, Instrumental, Chorus"? I found myself wondering if maybe the instrumental would sound even more satisfying after a second chorus.

I'll explain my thinking ...

A number of years ago, Steve Seskin (7 number one records) introduced me to what he called the "rule of two". It's more a principle than a rule but what it says is that after a sequence has been presented twice, it's good to vary things.

The verse-chorus system can be considered a single system. A second verse-chorus system then completes the set of two. Steve said that after a statement and its repetition, music and lyric patterns are firmly cemented in a listener's mind. This creates familiarity and makes the listener feel comfortable. Now when some variation comes along it stands out much more significantly in contrast. It also means that when the listener is returned to the last chorus (i.e. familiar territory), there's a very strong sense of having reached home base and it makes the last chorus feel even stronger.

Steve had a theory that it was because of the "rule of two" that the AABA form has proven to be such a strong song form. He said that it's the classic "statement, repetition, contrast, original statement" form.

Sorry if I'm boring you. I appreciate that given your extremely high level of musical expertise, the "rule of two" approach that I've outlined above (whether or not you've heard of it) is most likely something that you've already considered with this arrangement and discarded because it doesn't work the way you want it to.

The reason I put all this into words was because your song provided a great opportunity to pass on some information about a songwriting technique to other forum members who might not have heard of this principle. I thought that they might find it interesting.

Overall, I found this song a very laid back and easy listen.

All the best,
Noel

P.S. One of the most interesting things about the "rule of two" is that after I became aware of it, I started hearing it everywhere! It comes in many different shapes and forms from lyrics to melodic motifs. It's also found as systems within systems. The Beatles were big users of it.

For example, verse 1 of Hard Day's Night

[STATEMENT] It's been a hard day's night
And I'd been working like a dog

[REPETITION] It's been a hard day's night
I should be sleeping like a log

[VARIATION] But when I get home to you
I find the things that you do
Will make me feel alright

#241999 - 03/01/14 05:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: When My Woman Makes Love To Me - Al Singing [Re: Al-David]
Loc: South Africa
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
Hi Al
I think this is fantastic. Your singing is just getting better. You and Di make a great pair. Keep it up

#242040 - 03/01/14 09:54 AM [User Showcase] Re: When My Woman Makes Love To Me - Al Singing [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi Al,

very smooth and easy listen.
Very tastefully arranged.

Guenter

#242045 - 03/01/14 10:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: When My Woman Makes Love To Me - Al Singing [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Kentucky
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kentucky
Well written lyrics they meter well, nice clean vocal and the mix is great thanks for sharing!

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.

#242067 - 03/01/14 11:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: When My Woman Makes Love To Me - Al Singing [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Florida
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Al, This is good representation of the smooth R&B genre. You sure have a handle on this type of thing. Nicely arranged and produced. Good one.

#242117 - 03/01/14 03:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: When My Woman Makes Love To Me - Al Singing [Re: Al-David]
F.M.M. Offline
Expert

hi al great vocal and arrangement nice mix thanks eric

#242137 - 03/01/14 05:16 PM [User Showcase] Re: When My Woman Makes Love To Me - Al Singing [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Helsinki, Finland
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Al & Di !:))

A very smooth tune with equally
smooth lyrics and singing !
I can but congratulate both of
you !:))

Cheers
Dani

#242172 - 03/01/14 09:45 PM [User Showcase] Re: When My Woman Makes Love To Me - Al Singing [Re: Al-David]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Al,

Smooth. An nice mix of background instruments and the sax is fit in there very nicely.

Hope all is well with you and DI.

floyd

#242278 - 03/02/14 02:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: When My Woman Makes Love To Me - Al Singing [Re: Al-David]
Loc: WEST MIDLANDS, UK
sixchannel Offline
Expert

Loc: WEST MIDLANDS, UK
Hi Al
just been outside to throw a bucket of water over myself!! Phew!
Great track, great lyrics (written on asbestos paper?)and a wonderful grooving feel to it. That Sax was just made to be in there.
Excellent.
It may be minus 2c outside here but it ain't that inside here, I can tell you! crazy smile
cheers
ian

BB2019Plus,604,RB2,Cakewalk GTPro2(2003),Adobe Audition1.5(2003),WindowsXPPro and Win7

http://app.box.com/s/p7lirbbuvjae03dsd4v5

for tracks that use BIAB specifically-
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel

#242358 - 03/02/14 10:15 PM [User Showcase] Re: When My Woman Makes Love To Me - Al Singing [Re: Noel96]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Hi Noel...

Thank you so much for your very kind words about this one. Di and I appreciate that very much. As far as the "Rule of Two", no, I've not heard of it in that context.

I spent the first 25 - 30 years of my musical career playing nothing but Country...whatever was contemporary at the time. In Country music, the rule of thumb is "get to the Chorus as close to one minute as possible". I guess that mantra hangs around in the back of my mind when I write in any other genre. But I'll play around with this and try it as you suggested and see how it sounds and feels. Thanks for all the info and suggestions. Also, please feel free to use anything I/we post as an instructional instrument. That's how I learned, by reading about others' mistakes, done ins a respectful way. You are obviously a learned craftsman of the art.

A little off topic, I played nothing but straight Country music from 1963 until about 1995. It put a lot of food on my table and a decently filled wallet. But I always liked other music. Now, I like just about all genres except Gansta Rap (other rap is generally okay) and Shoegaze. Back in the 60's and 70's, COuntry music, for the most part, was 3 or 4 chords, usually predictable. I knew there was a lot more than G-C-D and A7 in music! I love experimenting in new genres and even mixing components from various genres in one song. To give you an idea, some of my favorite singers are Diana Krall, Steve Tyrell, Etta James, Tony Bennet, Lou Rawls and Ray Price.

Wishing you the very best,

Al and Di

#242359 - 03/02/14 10:17 PM [User Showcase] Re: When My Woman Makes Love To Me - Al Singing [Re: JoanneCooper]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Hello Joanne!

Awww, thank you so much for those very kind words! We both appreciate it so very much. Di is the real singer...I get close if all goes well! We appreciate the listen and comments!

Al & Di

#242360 - 03/02/14 10:17 PM [User Showcase] Re: When My Woman Makes Love To Me - Al Singing [Re: boehm]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Hi Guenter...

Thank you very much! We're delighted you enjoyed the song! Wishing you the best...

Al & Di

#242442 - 03/03/14 09:02 AM [User Showcase] Re: When My Woman Makes Love To Me - Al Singing [Re: PgFantastic]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

PG...

Thanks so much. We sure do appreciate the nice comments! Best to you...

Al & Di

#242443 - 03/03/14 09:03 AM [User Showcase] Re: When My Woman Makes Love To Me - Al Singing [Re: tommyad]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Hi Tommy...

Thanks so much for those very nice comments! It's one of our favorite genres. Glad you enjoyed it!

Al ^ Di

#242444 - 03/03/14 09:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: When My Woman Makes Love To Me - Al Singing [Re: Al-David]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Hi FMM...

Glad you liked it...thanks so much for letting us now...much appreciated. Best to you...

Al & Di

#242445 - 03/03/14 09:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: When My Woman Makes Love To Me - Al Singing [Re: dani48]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Dani...

You are always so kind with your words! Thank you very much. Best to you...

Al & Di

#242446 - 03/03/14 09:07 AM [User Showcase] Re: When My Woman Makes Love To Me - Al Singing [Re: floyd jane]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Hi Floyd...

Thanks bunch. we were surprised how well that Sax track fit. We've talked to a lot of folks who've said they have a lot of trouble getting the Sax tracks right. Glad you liked it. Thanks! Best to you...

Al & Di

#242447 - 03/03/14 09:10 AM [User Showcase] Re: When My Woman Makes Love To Me - Al Singing [Re: sixchannel]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Hey Ian...

Hope that water didn't start to boil while you were still wet! HA! It's a bit suggestive for the typical ear but that genre often gets a lot more graphic with the lyrics. We tried to keep it PG rated.

We're getting snow today...about 2 inches so far. It's 22F here, about -6C. Thanks for the kind words! We always appreciate hearing from you. Best to you...

Al & Di

#242448 - 03/03/14 09:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: When My Woman Makes Love To Me - Al Singing [Re: Al-David]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Hats off to you for the sax! I've about given up on trying to get one to sit right. Nice smooth production -- located somewhere, to my ears, on the journey from traditional R&B to contemporary R&B. Y'all have this genre nailed and we really enjoy what you do. Straight country to R&B....reckon that could have been a long strange trip but it sure worked out well for you.
J&B Website

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
The New Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows SongPicker!

With Band-in-a-Box® 2019, the SongPicker has been redesigned!
-The completely redesigned window shows information for up to 50,000 songs.
-The song list build is much faster. Approximately 150 songs get added per second.
-A progress bar will appear if the song list build takes longer than 3 seconds.
-You can see the chord progression for the selected song in the list. You can copy and paste it to a text file.
-Many filters are available. You can filter the list by subfolders, genre, feel, time signature, style, songs with melody, soloist, lyrics, key signature, tempo range, and the year of file dates.
-You can search songs that have similar chord progressions and/or melody fragments.
-Hotkey! ss+enter opens the SongPicker, ss2+enter opens the Recently Played Songs, etc.

Learn more about the updates with our New Features Video - we've made it easy to find the section you'll need:
2:55 - New Feature: Redesigned SongPicker
21:58 - New Features: SongPicker Enhancements
41:10 - Now Over 10,600 Titles in SongPicker

You can also read all about the new SongPicker within our Online Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® Upgrade Manual.

RealBand 2019 Online and PDF Manuals Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page for access to the latest RealBand 2019 for Windows program manuals!

RealBand 2019 for Windows User's Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download
RealBand 2019 for Windows New Features Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download

RealBand 2019 is included in every purchase of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows! We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2018 - save over 40% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade! Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Online and PDF Manuals Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page for access to the latest Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows program manuals!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows User's Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade Manual: Online Manual | PDF Download

Don't forget.... We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2018 - save over 40% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade! Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 on a USB 3.0 Hard Drive - Speed Thrills!

We're excited to say that all Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows UltraPAK and UltraPAK+ orders now ship on a USB 3.0 hard drive!

What does this mean? Faster hard drive transfer rates will enhance the program operations (faster time to generate tracks, reduced audio artifacts) and offer faster transfer speeds (typically up to 3x faster)!

It's a great time to order your UltraPAK or UltraPAK+ Upgrade... they're ON SALE until December 31st!

Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® New Features!

Our "Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows®! New Features, RealTracks, and other content!" video is now ready! Get to know all about the newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2019: Click here to watch...

We have listed a table of contents for this video, you'll see it within the YouTube video description, or by visiting this forum post.

RealBand 2019 - A New Look!

Have you opened up your RealBand 2019 yet? You may notice that we've given it a fresh new look! In fact, there are now 3 different looks to RealBand.

See for yourself! Within the program, visit Options | Icon Set and choose from: Classic, Modern 1, or Modern 2.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows - Choosing to Run 64-bit or 32-bit

We heard you! With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows we've included the BRAND NEW 64-bit version of Band-in-a-Box®, which works well with the latest plugins and 64-bit OS features! Because not everyone has a 64-bit computer, we include both the 64-bit and 32-bit versions with your purchase - you choose which one to use!

By default, when you install your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows the 32-bit version will run.

The steps to run the 64-bit version are simple! Just head to your "bb" folder and choose the "bbw64" icon - you'll notice that the Band-in-a-Box® "splash screen" will state "64-bit" as the program opens.
(and if you open the 32-bit version, the "splash screen" will state "32-bit")

Still not certain which version you're running? Within the program, go to Help | About Band-in-a-Box - it'll either state:

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Version 2019 (604)
<--- the number in brackets is the build number - this will change as new patch updates are released
64 bit application

or:

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Version 2019 (604)
<--- the number in brackets is the build number - this will change as new patch updates are released
32 bit application

We hope everyone who can is enjoying their Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit version for Windows!

Forum Stats
28434 Members
58 Forums
55237 Topics
460046 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Coskun, sbroach, GEORGES SCHIRO, Yellowkey, Hagglui78

28434 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 360
Pipeline 329