You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#245087 - 03/23/14 01:15 PM [User Showcase] Sunset
molsenhouse Offline
Journeyman

Years ago, someone asked me to put a melody to a lyric written for a funeral in the US. Not the easiest task, but I decided to rewrite it in norwegian and give it a try.

And finally, with a little help from PG Music, here it is!

Solnedgong/Sunset

I'm singing, playing the thin whistle and the arpeggio steel string track + shaking eggz – everything else is BIAB, dropboxed, mixed and mastered in DP8.

Style is _ACPOP16.STY

RealTracks in style: 1759:Bass, Electric, Pop16ths Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 2024:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm CountryJohn Ev 085
RealTracks in style: 1761:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Pop16ths Ev16 085
RealTracks in style: 1765:Guitar, High-Strung Acoustic, Fingerpicking Pop16ths Ev16 085
RealTracks in song: 1760:Fiddle, Background Pop16ths Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 1757:Accordion, Rhythm Pop8ths Ev 085
RealDrums: RealDrums in Style: NashvilleEven16^1-a:Sidestick, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

A humble try, to translate the norwegian lyric:

Sunset

I have seen the golden sunsets
From the sea to mountains high
I have finished my last harvest
And now, it's my time to die

Do not cry for me tomorrow
But remember yesterdays
When we laughed and danced together
Tied the bands of love – the bare skinned way

God has called me home to heaven
I’ll be waiting for you there
Tenderly looking for you through pearly gates
With the same love you shared with me here

We will always be together
Our lives and hearts entwined
Take my hand and hold on gently
All I see is darkness, until the new morning will shine

#245095 - 03/23/14 02:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: Sunset [Re: molsenhouse]
Loc: Kentucky
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kentucky
in a word Beautiful;thanks for sharing!

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.

#245102 - 03/23/14 03:53 PM [User Showcase] Re: Sunset [Re: molsenhouse]
Loc: Helsinki, Finland
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland

Hej vännen fra Norge !:))

Det var en underbart vacker sång
så väl framförd ! Du har en helt
fenomenal röst !:))

What a wonderful tune and so
superbly performed with a
fantastic voice !

Cheers
Dani

#245178 - 03/24/14 11:54 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sunset [Re: molsenhouse]
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi Molsenhouse,

a beautiful song nicely sung.
Very enjoyable listen.

Guenter

#245246 - 03/24/14 09:59 PM [User Showcase] Re: Sunset [Re: molsenhouse]
Loc: Florida
90 dB Offline
Veteran

Beautiful piece. Great recording as well. A fitting tribute - thanks for posting this.

Regards,

Bob

#245272 - 03/25/14 06:08 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sunset [Re: molsenhouse]
Loc: South Africa
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
Hi Molsenhouse.
That is just wonderful. Love the harmonies.

#245313 - 03/25/14 03:11 PM [User Showcase] Re: Sunset [Re: molsenhouse]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
It's mostly been said.....a great tribute with fine vocals and a perfect supporting arrangement.
Excellent work.

#245332 - 03/25/14 07:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: Sunset [Re: molsenhouse]
jphillips Offline
Journeyman

This is so very nicely done. The arrangement and harmonies are really special. Nice job.

John

#245508 - 03/27/14 12:29 PM [User Showcase] Re: Sunset [Re: molsenhouse]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Molsenhouse,

Beautiful. Terrific vocals, terrific production.

Excellent.

floyd

#245605 - 03/28/14 06:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sunset [Re: molsenhouse]
Loc: Warwickshire, UK
Skyline Offline
Veteran

Loc: Warwickshire, UK
A beautiful piece, beautifully played and sung. The tin whistle adds a special poignant touch. It's also a fabulous professional sounding production. Thanks for bringing this to us to hear and enjoy!

John
Cakewalk by BandLab
Studio One 4

#246124 - 04/01/14 04:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sunset [Re: molsenhouse]
molsenhouse Offline
Journeyman

thanks a lot for listening and commenting the song – it means a lot to me! :-)

and thanks to pg music for making biab and what must be the best forum for singer/songwriters ever!

– when i grow old, i won't need spotify or itunes – i'll find all i'm looking for on this "biab radio" :-)

#246126 - 04/01/14 07:06 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sunset [Re: molsenhouse]
olemon Offline
Expert

It's worth repeating...Beautiful!!

You used the vocal harmonies perfectly. Everything about this is wonderful.

PG Music News
Customers LOVE Band-in-a-Box® 2021!

Check out some of the latest Band-in-a-Box® feedback we've received:

"There's a saying 'Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime.' That's exactly what my friend did in 1990. He taught me how to use BIAB and I've used it hundreds of time to do arraignment and to jam with any style band."

"Love BIAB. I use it daily. Their support is great too!"

"RealTracks are amazing!!! I use BIAB for backtracks in my solo act... Still using the basic package and it's all need..."

"I have used Band in A Box for many years. If it would have been around when I was young, I would have been a much better musician. I use it for all my songs I have written and recorded. With Band In A Box I can sit in my room and sound like a whole band without having to put up with them!"

"If you know something about music and take the time to learn the program, you can make it do some amazing things. It is a great help to songwriters who want to demo their song without paying for studio time. It makes changes and tweaks much easier as well."

"Been using it for so many years. It's a great tool. The instruments that I don't have or play make up the void and it saves so much time. I use this program for every song I write."

"Great tool for the songwriter!"

"An essential part of my studio! I write songs on piano, but I'm not a pianist by a long way. BIAB is like having a roomful of session players in your studio, and just the simple act of taking your basic idea and hearing a skilled pianist play it presents so many new ideas and options you hadn't thought of."

"Powerful, easy to use, inexpensive and they even split the modest payments up if you want. No complaints. Lots of satisfaction."

"I added a steel guitar to a fully produced original. He followed every change like he was in the studio reading the chart. Fascinating technology!"

"I have used it to make backing tracks for six CD's with about 12 songs on each. They make a great gift!"

"It's simply a necessity - buy it now - the staff and support do a great job as well!"

"A great tool for us songwriters!"

"I LOVE Band-in-a-Box!"

"I see it as a very worthwhile investment. In fact, from initial purchase about 8 years ago, using the backing tracks I have made, my income from that investment has returned over 5,000% on the investment!"

continued...

Do you have something to say about Band-in-a-Box®? Post your own thoughts for Windows or Mac version today!

Band-in-a-Box® - Boxing Clever - Sound on Sound #TBT

Did you know that Band-in-a-Box® is more than 30 years old? I stumbled across this 1990 magazine article explaining the relatively new program, and think it's an enjoyable read for any Band-in-a-Box user - it really shows that we are always listening to user feedback when developing our program!

Read the article: Boxing Clever: Band-In-A-Box Software

A few of my favorite statements:

"The intention of PG Music's Band-In-A-Box package is to couple that speed and convenience with the improved flexibility of the personal computer. Versions are available for the Atari ST, Mac, and PC compatibles. Have the programmers succeeded? And can they rid themselves of the stigma of the auto-accompaniment section? Given the above state of affairs, the first hurdle that the program has to overcome is one of acceptance and, frankly, a name like 'Band-In-A-Box' is a bad start."

(I think our name was a great start!)

"The final results are, to say the least, impressive. Band-In-A-Box achieves something that most hardwired auto-accompaniment sections have never been able to do - inject a degree of feel into the music. It really does sound more human than so many of the computer generated pieces I've heard."

"...I'm quite convinced that PG Music will have a winner on their hands. This is one piece of software that you can get more out of than you put in."

#TipTuesday Convert RealDrums to MIDI!

Did you know that you can convert RealDrums to MIDI?

VintageGibson shared this tip to our Tips & Tricks forum, which is a great place to look for program tips from other Band-in-a-Box users!

Read this handy trick.

Have a program tip or trick of your own? Share it on our Tips & Tricks forum today!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Italian for Mac is Here!

Abbiamo lavorato tanto e abbiamo aggiunto 80 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria collezione di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 202 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, SuperTracks MIDI, Studi Strumentali, Performance degli Artisti, Bonus RealDrums "Singoli", trascrizioni RealDrums, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAKs 10 e 11, e altro ancora!

Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Export / Print a List of Selected Styles (Band-in-a-Box®)

Did you know that you can export a list of your Styles from Band-in-a-Box®?

Head to this forum post in our "Tips & Tricks" forum, where VideoTrack shares another handy tip for Band-in-a-Box® users!

Band-in-a-Box® Chord List Resource

Ever wonder which chords are supported in Band-in-a-Box®? Access the information from the Help file in the program, or read through the list with our Online Manual!

Chord List - Mac Online Manual
Chord List - Windows Online Manual

Review the other Reference topcs while you're there - with explanations of the different menus and the Keystroke Commands (Hot Keys), you'll definitely learn something new!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 French for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 contient quelques 80 fonctionnalités inédites!

Nous avons beaucoup travaillé pour offrir à Band-in-a-Box® 2021® cette étonnante panoplie de quelques 80 fonctions inédites et sa collection de contenus originaux à savoir : 202 RealTracks, des RealStyles inédits, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes Instrument, des Performances Artiste, un Bonus RealDrums "Solo", des transcriptions RealDrums, les MultiStyles PAK 1, les Xtra Styles PAKs 10 et 11, et bien plus encore!

Achat | Nouvelles Fonctionnalités

Forum Stats
34885 Members
66 Forums
70873 Topics
613786 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
qcfoetus, Phantomio, Baccalaureate, Alex Di Carvalho, Ane Atsuko

34884 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 193