Index
#245523 - 03/27/14 02:31 PM [User Showcase] I Wish It Was Meant For Me
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Reaching back a ways...

Wrote this with Danny "Bear" Mayo.

At the time, it was demoed using a female singer.
The song was written so it could be done as either a male or female song.
So I figured... what the heck... give it a go.

Comments encouraged.

I WISH IT WAS MEANT FOR ME

i found a letter taped to the door
of the place i moved into a few days before
simply addressed to "my only love"
i knew it wasn't for me but still opened it up
the note said "hi, darling, i wish you were home
days feel like years whenever you're gone
i long for your touch, your tenderness
forever yours" and "sealed with a kiss"

oh how i wish it was meant for me
if only it was my heart she needs
love so strong should not go unanswered
but all i can do is dream

last night i answered a knock at my door
but it wasn't me she was looking for
she was surprised that he wasn't here
i watched as she tried to hold back the tears
i gave her the letter and i touched her hand
to see her heart break was more than i could stand
i said "wait just a minute" as she walked away
something inside me was dying to say

if only it was my heart she needs
love so strong should not go unanswered
but all i can do is dream

all i can do is dream

I did vocals and harmonies.

... and here is the Band...
RealDrums in style: NashvilleEven8^1-a:Sidestick, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride
RealTracks in style: ~518:Bass, Electric, Pop HalfNotes Ev 085
RealTracks in song: ~365:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 085 (x 2)
RealTracks in song: ~703:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Spirited Ev 085
RealTracks in style: 1856:Cello, Background PopCountry Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 2336:Viola, Background, Pop Ev 085 (1TrackStringSection)

MIDI SuperTracks in song: 2066:Piano, Rhythm NewAgeAnswers Ev16 110
Hi-Q 001 01 Piano, Acoustic, Grand SampleTank.tgs

Have at it.

floyd

#245537 - 03/27/14 03:34 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Wish It Was Meant For Me [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: South Africa
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Hi Floyd.
That is simply wonderful. Beautifully sung and beautifully produced. I love the short guitar intro. When I use only guitar it sounds so thin but yours sounds grand and full. The cello and viola work very together.

#245591 - 03/28/14 04:10 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Wish It Was Meant For Me [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Helsinki, Finland
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Floyd !

I gladly echo all that Josie said before !:))
The tune is just great as are your vocals too.
I just loved those sweet harmonies !:))

Cheers
Dani

#245614 - 03/28/14 08:03 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Wish It Was Meant For Me [Re: floyd jane]
90 dB Offline
Veteran

Love the song, and really love the arrangement. You're a master at adding those bits of flavor to a mix.

Another one for the bootl.....I mean....unauthorized CD. grin

https://90dbband.bandcamp.com/

https://soundcloud.com/90-db

#245647 - 03/28/14 12:15 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Wish It Was Meant For Me [Re: floyd jane]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Joanne - thanks! there are 2 acoustics - panned left and right - that may be what is providing the "fullness"...

dani - thanks - appreciate it...

Bob - you rascal, you...

#245649 - 03/28/14 12:20 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Wish It Was Meant For Me [Re: floyd jane]
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Hi Floyd. Are they exactly the same generation of the same Realtrack panned left and right? Or are they a different generation of the same realtrack or are they different realtracks. Hope that makes sense to you (makes perfect sense to me!!) Sorry for all the questions.

#245654 - 03/28/14 12:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Wish It Was Meant For Me [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi Floyd,

a great story again, wonderfully produced.
A perfect mix. Can't stop listening.

Guenter

#245680 - 03/28/14 04:59 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Wish It Was Meant For Me [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: New Zealand
RichMac Offline
Expert

Loc: New Zealand
Powerful song Floyd. I really enjoyed the lyrics and your strong voice.
The whole thing really. Cheers.

#245695 - 03/28/14 07:05 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Wish It Was Meant For Me [Re: floyd jane]
aleck rand Offline
Expert

Floyd,

Damn, what a beautiful song. Another impressive feat of imagination, musicianship and storytelling. And it all seems to flow out of you as naturally as tears from the eyes of the guy with that letter.

I know that getting performance after performance to hit this level of quality isn't easy, but you sure make it sound that way.

Dean

#245699 - 03/28/14 09:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Wish It Was Meant For Me [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Beautifully done.....Again!! A moving story with a great delivery, melodically and vocally! I too love the way the strings worked. Great stuff!! Take care. Greg

#245709 - 03/28/14 11:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Wish It Was Meant For Me [Re: JoanneCooper]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: JosieC
Hi Floyd. Are they exactly the same generation of the same Realtrack panned left and right? Or are they a different generation of the same realtrack or are they different realtracks. Hope that makes sense to you (makes perfect sense to me!!) Sorry for all the questions.

Questions are good!

There are actually 3 acoustic guitar tracks (4 if you count the strum that occurs later). The opening "licks" are from
2051 Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking CountryBrent Ev 085
A single measure that I copied and pasted a few places throughout - that was all I used from that.
During the rest of the verse, it is 2 of the same RT:
365:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 085
If you generate the 2 at the same time (say, one in the Guitar slot and the other in the Strings slot) BIAB will attempt to play different stuff between the two as they go - so they aren't playing the same thing. This is a fairly "subtle" type track, so the differences are not huge, so they blend nicely - the same but different. Pan one left and one right and you get a nice, full sound. You will hear that done a lot in Nashville productions if you listen closely (headphones) - almost a doubling of the acoustic track - but subtle differences - because it is separate recordings....

#245724 - 03/29/14 08:38 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Wish It Was Meant For Me [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Woodstock, NY
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: Woodstock, NY
Floyd,

This one really has it all - loved the song, production and great vocal. Excellent sound!

Bob

#245729 - 03/29/14 09:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Wish It Was Meant For Me [Re: floyd jane]
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Thanks Floyd. I had never really thought of doing that! Am doing in on some of my backing tracks and will be using it quite a bit from now on. I like simple intros but get put off when they sound so spindly. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

#245732 - 03/29/14 10:07 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Wish It Was Meant For Me [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Floyd, ho hum, just another masterpiece!

Your unique voice is so refreshing. Clear, distinct, and powerful. Always a pleasure to hear.

The production was absolutely flawless. A wonderful lesson from "the master" for all of us to glean from.

The intro did exactly what it should do...capture the listeners' attention.

It's difficult to improve upon perfection.

Thanks for another beautiful pattern in "How it should be done!"

#245759 - 03/29/14 02:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Wish It Was Meant For Me [Re: floyd jane]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

floyd, Another in a long line of beautifully crafted songs. I really liked the drum editing in the verses. Nice touch. Nobody gets those acoustic guitars to sound like that. Perfect placement of the instruments. The viola and cello work well here. George Strait should have had you on retainer. That well you draw from never runs dry. I think your overall sound is getting fuller it seems to improve a little more with each production. Looks like Danny made some nice mailbox money. Those are some good tunes in his catalogue. I always look forward to hearing your latest post. You never disappoint. Great job! Tom

#245761 - 03/29/14 03:01 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Wish It Was Meant For Me [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Alabama, USA
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Alabama, USA
Hi Floyd...

What a great song and listen! You have such a strong, powerful and stunning voice. Everything about this is top shelf...perfect mix and fabulous vocal delivery. Heck, if I could sing only half as good as you, I'd be twice as good as most.

Totally enjoyed it! Another great song!!!

Al & Di

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#245787 - 03/29/14 06:41 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Wish It Was Meant For Me [Re: floyd jane]
jphillips Offline
Journeyman

Floyd:

This is very good. The lyrics and production are fine.

Thanks for posting.

John

#245802 - 03/29/14 08:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Wish It Was Meant For Me [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi floyd,

I've been away from this forum for so long that the list of songs I need to listen to is at least a mile long. I'm presently working through that mile, or 1.6 kilometers as we'd say here in Australia, step by step.

I'm coming back to this one when I have enough time to give it my full attention smile

See you again sooner or later!
Noel

#245820 - 03/30/14 12:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Wish It Was Meant For Me [Re: floyd jane]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: boehm
a great story again, wonderfully produced.
A perfect mix. Can't stop listening.

Guenter - thanks for those kind words!

Originally Posted By: RichMac
Powerful song Floyd. I really enjoyed the lyrics and your strong voice. The whole thing really.

Richard - glad you liked it

Originally Posted By: aleck rand
Damn, what a beautiful song. Another impressive feat of imagination, musicianship and storytelling. And it all seems to flow out of you as naturally as tears from the eyes of the guy with that letter.

I know that getting performance after performance to hit this level of quality isn't easy, but you sure make it sound that way.

Dean - thanks for that..you know...you do something enough, eventually you start fooling people into believing you know what you are doing

#245822 - 03/30/14 12:46 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Wish It Was Meant For Me [Re: Don Gaynor]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Beautifully done.....Again!! A moving story with a great delivery, melodically and vocally! I too love the way the strings worked. Great stuff!! Take care. Greg

Greg - thanks - always nice to have someone acknowledge the melodic side of things... the cello is always so easy to fit into things. I tried the quartets for this, but they didn't quite work, but the viola by itself (with the cello) fill in nicely..

Originally Posted By: rsdean
This one really has it all - loved the song, production and great vocal. Excellent sound! Bob

Bob - I do appreciate you saying those things... thank you.

Joanne - always happy to help! (you know that!)

Originally Posted By: Don Gaynor
Floyd, ho hum, just another masterpiece!
Your unique voice is so refreshing. Clear, distinct, and powerful. Always a pleasure to hear.
The production was absolutely flawless. A wonderful lesson from "the master" for all of us to glean from.
The intro did exactly what it should do...capture the listeners' attention.
It's difficult to improve upon perfection.
Thanks for another beautiful pattern in "How it should be done!"

Don - you are just way too kind! I am always so please to find that you have enjoyed something that I've posted. Thank you!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
RealBand 2019 - A New Look!

Have you opened up your RealBand 2019 yet? You may notice that we've given it a fresh new look! In fact, there are now 3 different looks to RealBand.

See for yourself! Within the program, visit Options | Icon Set and choose from: Classic, Modern 1, or Modern 2.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows - Choosing to Run 64-bit or 32-bit

We heard you! With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows we've included the BRAND NEW 64-bit version of Band-in-a-Box®, which works well with the latest plugins and 64-bit OS features! Because not everyone has a 64-bit computer, we include both the 64-bit and 32-bit versions with your purchase - you choose which one to use!

By default, when you install your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows the 32-bit version will run.

The steps to run the 64-bit version are simple! Just head to your "bb" folder and choose the "bbw64" icon - you'll notice that the Band-in-a-Box® "splash screen" will state "64-bit" as the program opens.
(and if you open the 32-bit version, the "splash screen" will state "32-bit")

Still not certain which version you're running? Within the program, go to Help | About Band-in-a-Box - it'll either state:

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Version 2019 (604)
<--- the number in brackets is the build number - this will change as new patch updates are released
64 bit application

or:

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Version 2019 (604)
<--- the number in brackets is the build number - this will change as new patch updates are released
32 bit application

We hope everyone who can is enjoying their Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit version for Windows!

NEW! Style-style-style Additions and Enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows!

With over 64 new features and enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019, we've made sure to add to, enhance, and update some of the Style features within the program: StylePicker, StyleMaker, and Song Titles browser within the StylePicker!

StylePicker Enhancements:
-If the style list needs rebuild, it tells you that within the StylePicker, instead of a message that requires a response.
-The rebuild is faster than before by 75%. It takes 1/4 of the time now.
-While the style list is being rebuilt, you can see the progress inside the StylePicker.
-The style list can be filtered by a specific RealTracks/RealDrums/MIDI SuperTracks or RealTracks/MIDI SuperTracks in a certain number range.
-You can filter the style list by a specific Xtra Styles PAK.
-The dialog to select an Xtra Styles PAK has a button to take you to the PG Music website that shows information about Xtra Styles PAKs.
-The StylePicker can list all styles (including N/A styles) in the default display.
-The Set number display is improved, including sort by type and Xtra styles.

StyleMaker Improvements:

-The new MIDI velocity offset allows you to make styles with altered loudness for MIDI tracks.
-Styles can be saved with information like a memo, examples, genres, and more, which will be displayed in the StylePicker.
-You can import information from another style. This is useful when you are making a similar style.
-A style can have a huge number of RealTracks (up to 70!) because the StyleMaker now supports RealTracks multi/medley feature, which allows a single track to have up to 10 simultaneous playing of RealTracks.

Song Titles Browser Enhancement

-We’ve added 300 more song titles including requests from users, so there are now over 10,600 titles.
-The chord density filter is available, and it’s also displayed in the memo.
-The chord complexity filter is available.

Review all the new features of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 here.

NEW! Traditional Celtic Tunes with Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows during our special (which ends December 31st), and you can add the 49-PAK to your order for just $49!

Among the great Add-ons included in the 49-PAK is our Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly, which includes 18 traditional Celtic tunes! You'll find beautifully performed songs like Boys of Bluehill, The Cliffs of Moher, Harvest Home, Rolling in the Rye Glass, and more!

The Celtic RealTracks backing up performances by Geoff Kelly sound amazing, and so do the duets with previous Artist Performance musician Daniel Lapp (on fiddle)! Listen to all the demos for these Artists Performances near the bottom of our Bonus PAKs page, here.

Here's a taste: Demo: Rolling in the Rye Grass

The Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Bonus PAKs!

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows during our special (which ends December 31st), and you'll receive a FREE Bonus PAK overflowing with great Add-ons, including MIDI SuperTracks Set 28: Pop Basses with 6 MIDI SuperTracks, 21 RealDrums Transcriptions, 120 guitar licks and riffs in Instrumental Studies 7: Brent Mason 12-key CountryPop Guitar Licks, and 15 new MIDI Styles!

Or, upgrade it to the 49-PAK for just $49 and you'll add 40 UNRELEASED RealTracks, 10 "Low Man" & Re-amped "12-Key" Metal/Thrash Electric Guitar RealTracks, 6 more MIDI SuperTracks with Set 29: More Organ, Piano & Accordion, 120 more guitar licks and riffs with Instrumental Studies 8: Brent Mason 12-key Train-Beat Licks, 15 more MIDI Styles, and Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly!

Watch the video highlighting our 49-PAK here, or listen to demos and learn more here.

Free Bonus PAK Contents:
-Look Ma! More MIDI 1
-21 RealDrums Transcriptions
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 28: Pop Basses
-Instrumental Studies 7: Brent Mason 12-key CountryPop Guitar Licks

2019 49-PAK Contents:
-40 Bonus RealTracks!
-10 "Low Man" and Re-amped "12-Key" Metal/Thrash Electric Guitar RealTracks
-Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly
-Instrumental Studies 8: Brent Mason 12-key Train-Beat Licks
-Look Ma! More MIDI 2
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 29: More Organ, Piano & Accordion

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2019 - Everything You Need to Know in Under 6 Minutes!

Get to know the new Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows with our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 - Everything You Need to Know in Under 6 Minutes! video: Click here to watch...

RealBand 2019 is Here!

We've added over 30 new features to RealBand 2019, including Notation Window enhancements, Tracks Window enhancements, StylePicker enhancements - and more! Learn all about this new version here.

Snag your copy of RealBand 2019 with your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows purchase - upgrades on SALE until December 31st - save up to 40%! View all Band-in-a-Box® for Windows purchase options here.

Forum Stats
28397 Members
58 Forums
55122 Topics
458954 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
RexBagonia, DTman, leggy, Michaeljones, prian

28397 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 320
Pipeline 315