You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#247192 - 04/13/14 07:54 PM [User Showcase] New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me
Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Steve Young Offline
Expert

It's been awhile since I've been able to post. My schedule has been so full. In addition to my other responsibilities, I have been helping a church in Austin, TX with their music ministry for the past 4 months. So I just wrote this praise song, and thought I would share it with you. It's Texas-style praise. I roped my wife in to help with some of the background vocals. All the music is RealTracks/Realdrums, with some organ, piano, and percussion thrown in by me. Hope you enjoy it!

Your Love Has Lifted Me

Here are the Realtracks/Realdrums used...
RealTracks in song: 521:Bass, Electric, Pop Syncopated Ev 136
RealTracks in song: 1030:Guitar, 12-String Electric, Fingerpicking Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 1119:Guitar, 12-String Acoustic, Strumming Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 426:Banjo, Bluegrass Ev 130 (Rhythm)
RealTracks in song: 1755:Mandolin, Rhythm Pop8ths Ev 110
RealTracks in song: 2040:Guitar, Resonator, Soloist CountryRob Ev 120
RealDrums: RealDrums in Song: NashvilleEven8^7-a,b:Snare, HiHat

Here are the lyrics...

Your love has lifted me
And Your truth has set me free
And Your grace helps me to see
How much Your love has lifted me

Your love has turned my life around
It's better than anything I've found
I'm not the man I used to be
I'm not the man I'm gonna be
'Cause Your great love has lifted me

And Your love has lifted me

Love is patient, love is kind
It does what's right all the time
It never fails at anything
Your love changes everything
You're the reason that I sing

And Your love has lifted me

===

Have a blessed day!

Steve

#247215 - 04/13/14 11:11 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Florida
90 dB Offline
Veteran

Steve - everything's bigger in Texas, and this song is proof. Your wife's BGV's are excellent as well.

Loved this!

Regards,

Bob

#247216 - 04/13/14 11:24 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Kentucky
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kentucky
Steve outstanding work! Thanks for sharing!

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.

#247220 - 04/14/14 12:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Really nice feel!! Harmonies are very sweet. Resonator works perfectly. Good work! Take care. Greg

#247232 - 04/14/14 07:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Loved the song. Awesome singing, harmonies and guitar was excellent.

#247235 - 04/14/14 07:59 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: South Africa
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
Hi Steve. Welcome back. The forum is a poorer place without your beautiful songs. I always find your songs so uplifting. Fantastic vocals and such a sweet simple melody. Love the backing vocals too.

#247242 - 04/14/14 09:01 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me [Re: Steve Young]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Nice work.

Everything sets in it's proper place. The harmony is good.

I really like this style of music. Folk country.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#247244 - 04/14/14 09:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me [Re: Steve Young]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Steve,

Great to see ya come around - always. Hope that you are staying strong.

A beautiful song. A simple, to-the-point message, well delivered. Well sung - as always - and beautiful harmonies. Could hear this becoming a real church anthem...

I liked the simplicity of the production - your productions are always tasteful.. the banjo seemed a little too "rapid fire" type picking for this - I thought the piano and resonator at that point could have carried it just fine...

Enjoyable.

floyd

#247248 - 04/14/14 09:39 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Very nice -- everything -- vocals, instrumentation, arrangement and mix. The BGV are a great addition. Kudo's with the dobro. I've admired Rob Ickes playing long before he showed up on BIAB but often folks just don't seem to get a part that fits -- you nailed it -- understated but very effective. We like this!

#247252 - 04/14/14 10:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me [Re: Steve Young]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Hi Steve, Always glad to see a new one from you. The write is simple and to the point. The vocals are great as usual. Harmonies nicely done. The mix is outstanding. Really nice work. Hope you're getting along OK. Tom

#247263 - 04/14/14 12:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Helsinki, Finland
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Steve !:))

Great ! Just great ! A super
production with a really sweet song !
I loved your wife´s fills !:))
Please give her my regards !

Cheers
Dani

Edited by dani48 (04/14/14 12:14 PM)

#247270 - 04/14/14 12:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi Steve,

beautiful song and nice production.
The background vocals are great.

Guenter

#247274 - 04/14/14 01:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me [Re: Steve Young]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Hey Steve,

Love the early Eaglesque arrangement except for that fast picking banjo that comes in at the modulation - I want to like it because I really like banjo but to me it just doesn't seem to fit right.

Being back in the music ministry is making your voice even stronger. What a GREAT sounding vocal! I love how your voice sounds on this - never better. The BGV are super.

Sweet praise song.

So glad I got to hear it. These days I don't have the time to be on here as much I'd like either. Today's a rare day off with a million and one things to do. LOL!

Josie

#247320 - 04/14/14 10:05 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me [Re: Steve Young]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Bob,

Thanks! I am glad you like this one. Always good to hear from you!

Robert,

Thank you very much! Really appreciate your kind words.

Greg,

Thanks for your comments!

Scott,

So glad you like it. Your kind words are appreciated.

==

Steve

#247321 - 04/14/14 10:12 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me [Re: Steve Young]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Joanne,

Your words are very sweet. I miss the forum when I am not able to visit it so much. Thanks so much for dropping by and commenting.

Herb,

Nice to hear from you. Glad you like this one. Your thoughts are appreciated.

Floyd,

Always good to hear from you. I am getting stronger every week. Your input is really appreciated. I really struggled with the banjo, too. And probably made a mistake by leaving it in. I've gotten very mixed reviews on the banjo. Some people just love it, and others can do without it. I'll probably end up taking it out when I get ready to clean this one up.

Janice and Bud,

Really appreciate hearing from you. I have always really liked the dobro. Such an emotional instrument. Can tend to be pretty melancholy, but I think it captures a certain joy in this piece.

==

Steve

#247322 - 04/14/14 10:19 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me [Re: Steve Young]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Tom,

Thank you very much for your thoughtful words. I am doing well. Really glad you like this one.

Dani,

Always good to hear from you! Thanks for your very kind words. I will pass your kind words on to Rachel (my wife).

Guenter,

Thanks! Glad you like it. Rachel and I have been singing together for over 30 years now. I think we are going to make it. smile

Josie,

Always so good to hear from you! I tend to agree with you on the banjo. Like I told Floyd, I think it will end up on the cutting room floor when I have some time. I always liked the Eagles' country stuff, and no doubt their style influenced this one. Once again, it is really good to hear from you. (Now, we all need to hear from you!) smile

==

Steve

#247342 - 04/15/14 06:02 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: New York
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: New York
Steve,

I really like the feel of this (including the banjo). smile I think it gives the song an alt/folky feel. Your vocal is excellent - one of the best I've heard from you.

Glad to hear your feeling better as well.

Bob

#247436 - 04/16/14 09:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me [Re: Steve Young]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Bob,

Thanks so much for your input. Thanks for standing up for that poor banjo! smile

I'm always happy to hear from you.

Steve

#247605 - 04/18/14 11:04 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Warwickshire, UK
Skyline Offline
Veteran

Loc: Warwickshire, UK
Superb work Steve. It's all been said above really!
A lovely full range mix, sonically superb all around.

John
BIAB 2019
Cakewalk by BandLab
Studio One 4

#247636 - 04/18/14 06:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Your Love Has Lifted Me [Re: Steve Young]
F.M.M. Offline
Expert

hi steve great production as always very engageing love the lyrics eric
AMD (TM) 8150 3.60 GHz Eight Core Processor 64 bit windows 10 pro 64 bit os. sound card delta 1010 pci card 500 ssd drive 3 other drives guitars 1968 les Paul Custom and Cavin ae 185 Guitar boss Gt-100 pedal Carvin SRS Studio reference series

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
How I Use Band-in-a-Box® to Create Shots/Chops

Band-in-a-Box® user Henry Clarke creates a lot of great songs with Band-in-a-Box®, and he's shared his steps for creating the shots/chops within his recent song Lonely in a Crowd.

To watch Henry's video, click here.

Have your own program tip to share? Feel free to post it to our Tips & Tricks forum.

#TipTuesday

Uncommon RealTracks Instruments for Band-in-a-Box®

Today is Uncommon Instrument Awareness Day.

Examples of "uncommon instruments" include anything from Spoons to the Wheelharp to the Singing Ringing Tree, and more!
(there's probably more instruments out there that we DON'T know than we DO know)

Although our RealTracks collection doesn't include many 'uncommon instruments', we do offer some pretty unique choices!

On top of the usual varieties we offer for Piano, Guitar, Saxophone, Flute, Clarinet, Bass, Tuba, Trumpet, Trombone, and more - our RealTracks library also offers a nice selection of Shakuhachi and Kalimba - there's even a Koto RealTrack included in Set 212!

Kalimba: RealTracks Set 271
Koto: RealTracks Set 212
Shakuhachi: RealTracks Sets 193 & 212

What's the most surprising RealTrack Instrument that you've come across?

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Portuguese for Windows is Here!

Existem mais de 50 novos recursos no Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Existem aprimoramentos no RealTracks (RealTracks vocais com som mais suave, RealTracks Engrossados, Substitutos de RealTracks e MultiFrases). A maioria dos RealDrums agora possui RealCharts (com notação de bateria precisa). Há um novo navegador de artistas do RealTracks para encontrar informações/biografias/links/listas de RealTracks em todos os artistas. Um novo Navegador de recursos permite que o usuário novo ou "esquecido" encontre e use facilmente a maioria dos recursos/teclas de atalho/documentos em uma única janela. Equalizar Tempoaprimoramentos na Seleção de Músicas, baixo/bateria ou apenas bateria nas introduções automáticas, 3.400 títulos adicionados, aprimoramentos no MusicXML, visualização de guitarra para "Canhotos" e "Estudantes", aprimoramentos de arrastar e soltar, exibição de várias janelas do Interpretador de Acordes de Áudio e muito mais!

COMPRE/ATUALIZE, & BAIXE AGORA!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Mac Update Ready!

Just because Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac is here doesn't mean we've forgotten our 2019 users!

If you're still using Band-in-a-Box® 2019, make sure you download the latest patch update (b324) for an updated splash screen (macOS 10.12 and 10.13 users), smoother Song Titles dialog, access to your (purchased) RealTracks Set 328, and we've corrected the reported issue with opening songs from older versions of Band-in-a-Box in the 2019 version.

Learn more about this patch and download it here.

Review - Loops-with-Style PAK 2 for Band-in-a-Box® 2020

"Dr. Dave" Walker is at it again! You may remember his recent reviews of both Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Mac and Xtra Styles PAK 9 - now he has something to say about our Loops-with-Style PAK 2 - check it out: Click here to read...

With money being tight for most musicians, this is a wonderful gift for those on a limited budget. At $29, it offers months and years of fun and experimentation, bringing many ideas to fruition as songs with enough variation so that your audience doesn’t jump to "aw, that's a computer!" while still keeping the power of the software in your hands.
-"Dr. Dave" Walker

Thank you again Dr. Dave for the great review!

Learn more about Loops-with-Style PAKs: Windows | Mac

Band-in-a-Box® - My New Favorite Thing

Did you know we have a My Favorite Things forum? We encourage you to share your favorite features in Band-in-a-Box and RealBand there, along with what features you use the most and why - we LOVE getting feedback!

Like the latest post from Tangmo:

My New Favorite Thing - Extra Style PAK #9 with Loop Pack #2

I set up an eight bar progression with some simple pushes, shots, holds, and rests for reference. Then I started auditioning styles--Three hours later, I am invigorated, inspired, and just plain smiling big. Really CHOICE! From "down to earth" to eclectic, this is a really fun pak.

Great job, folks!

Thanks Tangmo!

Learn more about Loops-with-Style PAKs: Windows | Mac

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs: Windows | Mac

Refresh Your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box 2020 to the latest build 725 for Windows today! This free update acknowledges song memo edits when saving your work, resolves step-advance within the Big Piano window, revives a killed audio track, and more!

Just like our recent Mac patch, the DAW Plugin has been updated too! We've added "insert" and "delete" options into the chord sheet context menu and addressed 20+ reported 'bugs'!

Learn more & update today!

Forum Stats
32597 Members
68 Forums
65503 Topics
555366 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Kevinuser, Beej, michaeldg3, lencrawl42, Provipgroup

32597 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 191