Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#248152 - 04/25/14 10:34 PM [User Showcase] Re: New song post: WHAT MIGHT BE [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Tom, thanks for the nice words. You're right about the breathiness, and the ill-fitting strum. I actually have a master where I edited the breath sounds down but couldn't locate it. I'm really digging what you've been doing lately. Really sweet! In fact, you inspired me to write my first blues song which I hope to post a first version of in the next month or so. Your music turned me on to the blues sound which I have generally been lukewarm on. Thanks for the kind words and inspiration!! Take care. Greg

#248153 - 04/25/14 10:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: New song post: WHAT MIGHT BE [Re: floyd jane]
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Floyd, thanks so much for the nice words. Your technical analysis, as usual, is spot on. There were a few production glitches. Really enjoying what you are doing. This is a great forum of nice, talented, and interesting people--a real joy to participate it. Enjoy the weekend!! Take care. Greg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqApYeUUv6g Check this out. Any Jimmy Webb fan will love it (I'm listening to it as I type).

Another classic from the same LP (also Webb-what a genius!!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWi6Nuspgts

#248223 - 04/27/14 09:08 AM [User Showcase] Re: New song post: WHAT MIGHT BE [Re: Greg Johnson]
olemon Offline
Expert

Beautiful, well-crafted song, sweet performance and the mix is perfect.

#248226 - 04/27/14 09:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: New song post: WHAT MIGHT BE [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Floyd, thanks so much for the nice words. Your technical analysis, as usual, is spot on. There were a few production glitches. Really enjoying what you are doing. This is a great forum of nice, talented, and interesting people--a real joy to participate it. Enjoy the weekend!! Take care. Greg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqApYeUUv6g Check this out. Any Jimmy Webb fan will love it (I'm listening to it as I type).

Another classic from the same LP (also Webb-what a genius!!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWi6Nuspgts

Greg - THANKS! for the links - truly gorgeous songs - penned by the best - sung by the best - "Shattered" really knocked me out!

#250312 - 05/19/14 08:06 AM [User Showcase] Re: New song post: WHAT MIGHT BE [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: The Netherlands
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Hello Greg,
We were curious about the songs you create and we looked for some of them. We like "What might be". Very nice vocal and beautiful song.
Except from bass and guitar, did you use any additional real tracks?
Regards,
Rob and Anne-Marie

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

#250321 - 05/19/14 08:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: New song post: WHAT MIGHT BE [Re: Greg Johnson]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

Yea, this is a really well crafted tune and mighty fine singing. I think some of the technical advice given is pretty good -- use it on the next CD (ha, ha). If this CD is done, just keep moving forward.

Very talented and good use of the real tracks and real drums. I am a big fan of always adding in one or two live" instruments to help the RT's out. Consider that for the next CD.

#251229 - 05/26/14 12:47 PM [User Showcase] Re: New song post: WHAT MIGHT BE [Re: olemon]
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Thanks for the kind words. Much appreciated! I continue to enjoy the work your posting. Take care. Greg

#251230 - 05/26/14 12:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: New song post: WHAT MIGHT BE [Re: RnAM]
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Hello Rob and Anne Marie. Thanks for the nice words about this song. I used a Pro Tools and Sample Tank to put together the strings (Cello and 2 violas if I remember correctly). Really enjoying the songs you guys have been posting. Keep up the great work! Take care. Greg

#251231 - 05/26/14 12:53 PM [User Showcase] Re: New song post: WHAT MIGHT BE [Re: Kemmrich]
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Thanks for the positive words and the input. Hopefully I'm still improving in terms of making the tracks sound natural. I am a poor musician so I think my "live" tracks would destroy the sound. I do have live bass (by a good friend) on 4 tracks I've done and a live guitar solo (my son's guitar teacher) on 1 track as well. I do think it works great to have them mixed together as Tom Adams and others have done. Take care. Greg

#251255 - 05/26/14 04:34 PM [User Showcase] Re: New song post: WHAT MIGHT BE [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: Helsinki, Finland
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Greg !:))

They have already said it all
but still I will add that I
do love this tune and the way
you sing and perform it !:))
I think it is my favorite Greg
tune now !:))

Cheers
Dani

#251278 - 05/26/14 06:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: New song post: WHAT MIGHT BE [Re: dani48]
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Thanks Dani. I very much appreciate the support! I hope to be posting some new songs pretty soon-have several in progress but I'm so busy with work and the kids that it's slow going. Thanks again for your kind comment. Take care. Greg

#251320 - 05/27/14 08:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: New song post: WHAT MIGHT BE [Re: Greg Johnson]
olemon Offline
Expert

Listening to new songs this morning...and this one again.

It's still a beautiful melody:)

Oh, whatever you're doing to get that sound...keep doing it!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

PG Music News
How to: Select Styles, RealTracks, and MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box®

Here's a brief overview video explaining how Styles, RealTracks, MIDI tracks, and MIDI SuperTracks function in Band-in-a-Box®, and how to select them in your project. Please let us know if you have any questions!

How to Select Styles, RealTracks, and MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box®

How to: Associating Song Files with Band-in-a-Box® for Mac

Our Tips & Tricks videos are great for quickly learning a feature within Band-in-a-Box®!

Did you know you can you can associate song files so that they open up directly in Band-in-a-Box®? Chantelle explains how in one of our latest videos, Associating Song Files with Band-in-a-Box® for Mac

The Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac Ends Sunday, July 31st!

There's still some time left to save up to 50% on Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac upgrades and receive a FREE Bonus PAK, but only if you place your order before 11:59pm PDT Sunday, July 31, 2022!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available. Need help deciding? Let us know - we're here to help!

Learn more about the new features added to Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac.

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Review

A 5-STAR reveiew - wow!

Read what Sound-Guy (Dennis) has to say about Band-in-a-Box® 2022 with their latest review, Review: Band-in-a-Box 2022.

"Band in a Box continues to evolve as an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to compose, arrange and mix songs."
-Dennis J Wilkins

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows is eXtra Ready!

We've made Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows eXtra Ready!

Thinking of adding the new XPro Styles PAK 3 and Xtra Styles PAK 13 to your Band-in-a-Box 2022 for Windows? Download the latest program update, which adds support for these new Add-ons!

Oh, and the XPro Styles PAKs and Xtra Styles PAKs are ON SALE until July 31st... save up to 40%!

Learn more, listen to demos, and purchase:
XPro Styles PAKs
Xtra Styles PAKs

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac - Special EXTENDED to July 31st!

Great news! We've extended our Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac special until July 31st!

Order during our special and save up to 50% on Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac upgrades and receive a FREE Bonus PAK!

Purchase your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 during our special and add over 50 new features and a FREE Bonus PAK! We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Mac 2022 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Bonus RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks Set 35: All Guitar, Instrumental Studies Set 17: Classic Country Guitar Soloing, Artist Performance Set 12: Songs with Vocal Volume 2, RealDrums Stems Set 2, and Look Ma! More MIDI 8) upgrade it to the 2022 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in these packages, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available. Need help deciding? Let us know - we're here to help!

How to: Connect a MIDI Keyboard and Change Patches in Band-in-a-Box® for Mac

Our team has put together a video that covers how to connect a MIDI keyboard to Band-in-a-Box, record, and change MIDI patches.

Video: Band-in-a-Box® for Mac: How to connect a MIDI keyboard and change patches

Want to see a quick video tutorial that's not on our Tips & Tricks list? You can post your request to our I want a video that shows me how to .... forum.

Forum Stats
36361 Members
64 Forums
75253 Topics
661553 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Ean, didongthongminh, williamsantos30@, Chimble, silentsmith

36360 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 175
AudioTrack 173