Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#249607 05/12/14 06:43 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Just for fun... and to go along with the discussion that has been going on..

As has been mentioned, the current crop of songs by the guys in Country music all talk about the same things...
My truck..hey, girl..drinking beer...going down to the river...drinking beer...she loves my tractor...drinking beer...let's do it in my truck...
The girls ALL wear "painted on jeans".
Everyone's waiting for quitting time - so they can drink some beer...(or moonshine)

Michael LeBlanc had posted a lyric pointing out that those songs don't really reflect real life in the country.
Mike has a knack for original ideas and raw honesty in his lyrics...
I asked him if I could re-work it some and put it to music.
He graciously agreed... so after a re-write and re-title, we have...

REAL COUNTRY

there won't be no hanky panky in the bed of my truck
been hauling fertilizer, girl, that really stinks it up
no skinny dippy in the stream, i strung it full of trout lines
a hook in your foot ain't a good time

we don't hang 'round all night sippin' mountain dew
5 am comes early and there's chores to do
throw on them coveralls no time to paint on jeans
you look damn good in your straw hat pickin' beans

yeah this is how country folk live on the farm
it ain't jacked up trucks and parties out in the barn
work a mule and forty acres 'til the sun is gone
this is real country... it aint no Nashville song

if my tractor turns you on missy hitch up the plow
we can do a little squeezin' - there's a hundred head o' cow
slop the hogs , tend the chickens too
we'll hit the feed and seed - i think our bill is due

i'm really lookin' forward to that quittin' bell
a little supper, hit the hay and then sleep for a spell
those country stars in boots and cowboy hats
that's a fantasy world - i wish i knew where that was at

yeah this is how country folk live on the farm
it ain't jacked up trucks and parties out in the barn
work a mule and forty acres 'til the sun is gone
this is real country... it aint no Nashville song

©2014 Michael LeBlanc and floyd jane

Hope you enjoy it. Comments of any ilk welcome...

The band...
RealTracks in song: ~683:Bass, Electric, PopHalfNotesPush Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 2023:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm CountryRockJohn Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 845:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountryRockPopping Ev 120 (A:sync)
RealTracks in song: 848:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountryRockRiff Ev 120 (A:sync)
RealTracks in song: 412:Guitar, Electric, Soloist Cowboy Ev 165
RealTracks in song: 2026:Piano, Acoustic, Soloist CountryJohn Ev 120
RealDrums in Song: NashvilleEven8^1-a:Sidestick, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

floyd jane #249608 05/12/14 07:24 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Yeh THAT's the country I like!! Great song, vocals production etc
cool
That's got me thinking, imagine ALL genres having "true to life" lyrics. Music video's would soon disappear LOL

But then music takes us away from the drudgery of life and I quote a little known songwriter (me)
"I write my songs to escape from life but my life is in my songs."

Good work from both of you, glad I dropped by.

Alyn

floyd jane #249615 05/12/14 08:48 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Floyd,

real fun. Like the lyrics.
The musical delivery is spot on as always.
Your clapping gives it a lot of drive.

Guenter

floyd jane #249626 05/12/14 09:28 AM
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Catchy, clever, and cool!! Don't suppose you'll be pitchin' this in Nashville! Keep up the good work. Take care. Greg

floyd jane #249632 05/12/14 10:16 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
ha ha. Floyd That was great. Boy you got that up so quickly. What a wonderful songwriter you are!

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
https://lyriclab.net
Play-along with songs you know and love, download SGU files
https://playiit.com/
floyd jane #249637 05/12/14 10:43 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Nice! And, with as much potential to get 'cut' as anything I hear in today's programming! You took the prevailing theme, which may be close to running its course, and stood it on its head with a fresh and somewhat comical approach that contains a message of universal appeal.

Other than you Floyd, Alan Jackson comes to mind as the artist this would work for.

floyd jane #249652 05/12/14 01:02 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Ha...!!! that was funny.

When did you write this?

That song has enough spunk that in the right hands, it could be a hit.... I could see a few folks doing it.... but it's really not contemporary so that might be a hard sell.....

Good job.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
floyd jane #249656 05/12/14 02:00 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
floyd, This is too funny on the heels of that very informative and eye opening post about Nashville. The piano works really well in this one. The chorus has a great melody. I would have liked to hear that signature lick from the beginning repeated a few times. Brent always had a signature lick in AJ's songs. I like the hand claps. Another good co-write. The most amazing thing about your consistent output is not only the high quality level, but how you manage to find the time. Good one! Tom

floyd jane #249657 05/12/14 02:19 PM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
This really is in the "nashville wheelhouse", sound wise. Guitar parts are great and the hand claps are a nice addition. Mighty fun listen. The lyrics have the right slant on the current themes in Nashville. Quite well done.

Now at bandcamp: Crows Say Vee-Eh @ bandcamp or soundcloud: Kevin @ soundcloud
floyd jane #249664 05/12/14 03:01 PM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Really enjoyed this one! A great sense of fun with a slight grittyness about it. Fabulous lyrics. Spot on vocals and production. My country music club would love this one. Cheers.

floyd jane #249666 05/12/14 03:26 PM
User Showcase
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Enjoyed the song. You've showed us all that good songs ideas are all around us. Even a BIAB forum discussion can provide a spark. As always, quality writing, arranging and production.

Regards,

Charlie

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Enjoyed listening to this. Pretty much radio ready. Toby Keith, Travis Tritt and Montgomery Gentry are three artists that might think it's a good fit for their audience.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
floyd jane #249674 05/12/14 05:37 PM
User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
Great songwriting and mixing.

Remember to polish the rims for Friday Night on that potato truck, that's what will turn them on!

DA...

Hp Z Workstation - Akai MPK 49 - Intimate Headphone Listening http://soundcloud.com/digital-angel
floyd jane #249675 05/12/14 05:43 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Floyd and Michael,

Consider this my STANDING O!

Spot on! Especially love the chorus harmony with the effects and hand claps. Great sounding guitar with a terrific arrangement, lyrics, melody and vocal.

And as one who is bored out the yang with the sheer number of all these beer drinking party songs - what a breath of fresh country air. LOL!

In addition to the standing O - I'm lighting my BIC!

You guys should make a video and post this on youtube.

Josie

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: gibson
Yeh THAT's the country I like!! Great song, vocals production etc
cool
That's got me thinking, imagine ALL genres having "true to life" lyrics. Music video's would soon disappear LOL

But then music takes us away from the drudgery of life and I quote a little known songwriter (me)
"I write my songs to escape from life but my life is in my songs."

Good work from both of you, glad I dropped by. Alyn

Thanks, Alyn! Yeah...I think we'd best hold on to what fantasy we can.. might turn into a motto around here... smile When ARE we going to get another of those cool Alyn vignettes???

Originally Posted By: boehm
Hi Floyd,

real fun. Like the lyrics.
The musical delivery is spot on as always.
Your clapping gives it a lot of drive. Guenter

Guenter - Thanks, appreciate it, as always. The claps are a loop that I created because Frank Alves asked if I would - he wanted one with the rhythm of the Calypso drums - which is a nice idea - and it fit this song nicely...

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Catchy, clever, and cool!! Don't suppose you'll be pitchin' this in Nashville! Keep up the good work. Take care. Greg

Greg - what more could we hope to achieve? I don't know... there are a lot of people in Nashville with a grudge against the machine...

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: JosieC
ha ha. Floyd That was great. Boy you got that up so quickly. What a wonderful songwriter you are!

Thanks Joanne - glad you enjoyed it...

Originally Posted By: olemon
Nice! And, with as much potential to get 'cut' as anything I hear in today's programming! You took the prevailing theme, which may be close to running its course, and stood it on its head with a fresh and somewhat comical approach that contains a message of universal appeal.

Other than you Floyd, Alan Jackson comes to mind as the artist this would work for.

Scott - thanks for those kind words... Is Alan still recording?

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Ha...!!! that was funny.

When did you write this?

That song has enough spunk that in the right hands, it could be a hit.... I could see a few folks doing it.... but it's really not contemporary so that might be a hard sell.....

Good job.

Thanks Herb. Wrote it a couple of weeks ago, actually. Just coincidental that it seemed the thing to post. I hadn't even intended to post it. Not really contemporary?...it's "close enough for Country" as they used to say... Kenny Chesney, Brad Paisley, Toby Keith could all do a song with this sound and never skip a beat.

floyd jane #249707 05/12/14 09:32 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Floyd ...

That was more fun than should be legal! Excellent in every way! And yeah, the suits that run the radio machine program the same cookie cutter stuff day after day. I like a lot of the contemporary country but the same sound gets old after a while. There's nothing boring here! Still trying to get our feet still and stop our hands from clapping! A typical, amazing FJ production!

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

RichMac #249753 05/13/14 01:21 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: tommyad
floyd, This is too funny on the heels of that very informative and eye opening post about Nashville. The piano works really well in this one. The chorus has a great melody. I would have liked to hear that signature lick from the beginning repeated a few times. Brent always had a signature lick in AJ's songs. I like the hand claps. Another good co-write. The most amazing thing about your consistent output is not only the high quality level, but how you manage to find the time. Good one! Tom

Tom - thanks for all of that. You're right about that signature lick, but I did this really fast and never even thought about doing that - and it would have been easy to do. Like I said, I had no intention of posting this and it was in the midst of 2 other co-writes and another of my own, so I probably did not give it the attention I should have.

Originally Posted By: Kemmrich
This really is in the "nashville wheelhouse", sound wise. Guitar parts are great and the hand claps are a nice addition. Mighty fun listen. The lyrics have the right slant on the current themes in Nashville. Quite well done.

Thanks, Kevin. Nice of you to say so. Seems like there might have to be a vote... smile

Originally Posted By: RichMac
Really enjoyed this one! A great sense of fun with a slight grittyness about it. Fabulous lyrics. Spot on vocals and production. My country music club would love this one. Cheers.

Richard - appreciate it... Hey, make a copy and take it down to the club!

floyd jane #249769 05/13/14 03:24 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Now that's a kicker. Michael should be over here - he's a BIAB user. Try to pull him away from the dark side. grin

floyd jane #249797 05/14/14 05:38 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Floyd
didn't ya just know that your "Clappy" User Track would come in so handy?!
Clever track - loved the "tell em like it is" lyrics and the Pop / Country style too.
Another outstanding production.
cheers
ian

Old Guys Rule.The older I get,the better I was!
BB2023 ULTRA, 1013, Win 7 and 10

ALL TRACKS - https://app.box.com/s/501rnzrbadng1elvi45hbf7y08kl5oxp
SOUNDCLOUD-tracks using BB-
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel
Videos-
https://youtube.com/user/Sixchannel1
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,487
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195