Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
OP Offline
Is there anyone who can tell me how to import a midi file or a wave file as an additional track (maybe into melody or soloist or I don't know where) into an existing BIAB song.
What I find in the menú is the option to open a midi file but it creates a new song.
I just want to add an instrument that I've got recorded as midi or a vocal recorded as wave to a song that I've got opened in BIAB.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Last edited by F.J. Richart; 05/27/14 05:00 AM.
S
Apprentice
Apprentice
S
Hi, this should help you get started. Goto Help, under index type in "Midi file import". Read the stuff on how many ... number of blank .... etc. (it'll make your life easier).

In general, choose either Melody or Soloist at the top of the menu screen, and choose Import Midi.

Hope this helps some.
Gerry

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
MidiImport.jpg (21.32 KB, 188 downloads)
Last edited by soolan; 05/27/14 05:27 AM.
S
Expert
Expert
S
If you rename the vocal.wav to the same name as you saved the mysong.SGU to, it should load up to the Audio track, just after Soloist and Thru when you open the SGU.

Last edited by solidrock; 05/27/14 04:09 PM.
OP Offline
Thank you very much Soolan and Solidrock.
I had gone too fast through the Help menú.

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: F.J. Richart
I just want to add an instrument that I've got recorded as midi or a vocal recorded as wave to a song that I've got opened in BIAB.

Thank you in advance for your help.

You didn't say what version of Biab you have but if it's recent you can use a midi track to replace one of the midi generated biab tracks and then freeze it so it won't regenerate any time you hit Play again. Say you have your own bass line you want to use, you assign the midi bass track to the Biab Bass instrument track. A midi track you created would be completely independent of any style you loaded because a frozen track bypasses that. For audio, you name the audio track the same name as your Biab songfile and put it in the same exact location as the Biab song. When you open the Biab song the audio file automatically opens with it.

Another thing to look at are loops. These can be audio or midi and are handled separately from the regular Biab tracks as well.

These suggestions are for 2012 and newer I think. If you have an older version then none of this applies. You have one audio track plus the Melody and Soloist tracks to play with. It's always good to start a question with your Biab version.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
OP Offline
Thank you Bob I've just purchased the UltraPlusPack 2014 vs 7.
What you are saying is great but how can I import a midi into the bass track or any other track different from the melody or soloist?
Can I import more than one audio or there's only one audio track?

Javier

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: F.J. Richart
Thank you Bob I've just purchased the UltraPlusPack 2014 vs 7.
What you are saying is great but how can I import a midi into the bass track or any other track different from the melody or soloist?
Can I import more than one audio or there's only one audio track?

Javier

BAIB is the swiss army knife of music production tools. And I suspect there likely is a way to do all the things you what to do, however, you have to ask yourself why! BIAB is not a multitrack DAW and it sounds to me as if that is what you are in need of (it is what most of us use). RB has all those bases covered or if you look around there are many other DAW applications which will do it all. Instead of bringing everything into BIAB think about taking tracks out of BIAB to a DAW. That is the ticket.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

OP Offline
I agree with you about using a DAW. I'm using Cubase 5 but I've just purchased BIAB and I still don't have clear up to where to use it.
In the BIAB Help I only found how to import a midi to the Melody/Soloist track but Bob said you can import it to other tracks like the Bass track so that's why I was asking.
I don't know the power of RB so for the time being I will continue using Cubase.
I know that RB has BIAB inside but I don't know if it is enough to use Rb instead of Cubase.

Last edited by F.J. Richart; 05/29/14 07:24 AM.
Veteran
Veteran
This is a function I don't use myself so I may be off in a detail or two here. The reason I don't do this is this is much better done in a DAW like Real Band.

First, using bass as an example, we're only talking about MIDI bass parts, not a Real Track bass. You open the sequencer using the big green SEQ button and view the bass track. There you can edit the track either by manually changing the notes yourself or cutting and pasting a midi bass part from somewhere else like a midi file.

After you've done that work you MUST remember to freeze the track using the snowflake icon. If you don't and press Play the Biab style will overwrite what you just did and create a new part.

Having said this, I would suggest you move on over to the RB forum and start learning that program. It works hand in glove with Biab, it has a lot of Biab functions built in and it opens Biab files. But it gives you 48 tracks to work with, the tracks are laid out in a linear fashion like any other DAW and doing cutting, pasting and editing midi is much easier there than it is in Biab itself.

Also no need for freezing tracks because as a sequencer each track stands on it's own anyway, nothing regenerates except for certain specific Biab tracks but you can tell RB to convert those tracks to regular tracks. I won't go too far with that function here, stuff like that is on the RB forum.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
P
Journeyman
Journeyman
P
FJ.

As Soolan stated, you can import a midi file to either the solo or melody track, paying close attention to the inputs.

Then go to the EDIT menu and click on Copy/Move tracks and move the file from the melody track to your choice of any other BB track. The help menu will clarify.

Be sure and freeze the new BB track.

This is the track-to-track copy/move delete function you probably want.

Audio tracks can be imported to overwrite or merge with existing data, but there is just the one Audio edit window. I've tinkered with moving audio to performance tracks, but you're probably better off doing the editing in RB.

Percy

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,461
Members38,439
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
MIX-I-MUSIX 2.0, Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz
38,441 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195