Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#252533 - 06/03/14 02:28 PM [User Showcase] Perfect Friends (collab with Floyd Jane)
Loc: South Africa
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

PERFECT FRIENDS

This Monday afternoon I asked Floyd if he would be interested in putting something together for a TV spot opportunity where they are looking for something about friends, togetherness, pals, etc. A couple of hours later he came back to me with this song. I recorded a vocal and sent it to him. He mixed it in and sent me the Mp3. I put the video together. 24 hours and a time zone adjustment later this is what we ended up with.

We do hope you enjoy it.

Lyrics

You and me hand in hand
Together forever, Perfect Friends
You and me
You and me
Perfect Friends

Kick the can, hide and seek
Share a peck on the cheek
Rainy days, summer fun
Come what may, you're the one

You and me hand in hand
You and me
You and me
Perfect Friends

I know you, you know me
A better match could never be
Ups and downs, tears and smiles
A single step, a million miles

You and me hand in hand
You and me
You and me
Perfect Friends

No lies, no secrets
No excuses, no regrets
No matter what, nomatter where
Just call me, I'll be there

You and me hand in hand
You and me
You and me
Perfect Friends

You and me hand in hand
You and me
You and me
Perfect Friends

Edited by JosieC (06/04/14 02:09 AM)

#252534 - 06/03/14 03:11 PM [User Showcase] Re: Perfect Friends (collab with Floyd Jane) [Re: JoanneCooper]
jphillips Offline
Journeyman

Joanne, Floyd:

Really nice job. I like the song and the video and suspect it will be well received by the client.

Thanks for sharing this.

John

#252535 - 06/03/14 03:24 PM [User Showcase] Re: Perfect Friends (collab with Floyd Jane) [Re: JoanneCooper]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

Ha, what a uptempo, fun and peppy song. That mando is the perfect instrument for this. Nice video, lyrics and performance. Good luck on the pitching opportunity.

#252547 - 06/03/14 06:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: Perfect Friends (collab with Floyd Jane) [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Florida
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Joanne, floyd, This is a perfect song for a TV spot. Good luck on that. If that is mando it sounds like a uke. Very nice work keep us posted. Tom

#252557 - 06/03/14 08:43 PM [User Showcase] Re: Perfect Friends (collab with Floyd Jane) [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Nice work! Hits the spot for the type of song requested-sweet, happy, and very pleasant. And on such short notice-Floyd, you truly are a hit machine! Take care. Greg

#252562 - 06/03/14 10:13 PM [User Showcase] Re: Perfect Friends (collab with Floyd Jane) [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
This is really nice. Good luck with getting the TV spot.

Regards,

Charlie

#252610 - 06/04/14 09:10 AM [User Showcase] Re: Perfect Friends (collab with Floyd Jane) [Re: JoanneCooper]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

RealTracks in style: ~1137:Bass, Acoustic-Guitar, FolkSwing Sw 140
RealTracks in style: ~1143:Ukulele, Strumming FolkSwing Sw 140
RealTracks in song: ~1098:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm JazzSwingFreddie Sw 190
RealDrums in style: NashvilleBrushesHillbillySwing: a: Sidestick, Brushesb: Brushes, Stick

#252612 - 06/04/14 09:17 AM [User Showcase] Re: Perfect Friends (collab with Floyd Jane) [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Great to hear a bright, boppy and lively melody. Nice lyrics, top choice of everything. Really enjoyed it.
BIAB & RB2021(Audiophile), SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#252618 - 06/04/14 10:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: Perfect Friends (collab with Floyd Jane) [Re: VideoTrack]
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi Josie and Floyd,
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Great to hear a bright, boppy and lively melody. Nice lyrics, top choice of everything. Really enjoyed it.

What a great collab. I hope it will be chosen.

Guenter

#252639 - 06/04/14 03:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: Perfect Friends (collab with Floyd Jane) [Re: boehm]
Loc: The Netherlands
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Nicely done! Especially on such short notice.

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#252641 - 06/04/14 03:16 PM [User Showcase] Re: Perfect Friends (collab with Floyd Jane) [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Florida, USA
cubanpete Offline
Expert

Loc: Florida, USA
Yep, definitely a winner. What a nice job.

Mike B.

#252650 - 06/04/14 05:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: Perfect Friends (collab with Floyd Jane) [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Why do I work and work and work ad nauseum to get a mix that you can throw together apparently in the proverbial New York minute? Nice collab you two and hopefully the folks on the other end will appreciate the effort!!

#252697 - 06/05/14 07:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: Perfect Friends (collab with Floyd Jane) [Re: JoanneCooper]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Good job on such short notice. I love those kinds of writes from time to time and have done several.

I loved the island feel to the groove. Excellent choice for the topic.

I seem to recall seeing a listing come across my screen for that opportunity but I can't remember the details. Please keep us posted on how this goes...forward or return....and I'm assuming just the music is submitted.

well done on this.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#252707 - 06/05/14 09:00 AM [User Showcase] Re: Perfect Friends (collab with Floyd Jane) [Re: JoanneCooper]
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

John – Thanks for listening and watching the video and for your nice comments. We hope it is well received by the client but the worst that can happen is that we have a lovely new song out of it.

Kevin – Thanks. Nice to have back regularly on the forum. Bwt it is a uke not a mando

Tommy – Thanks. And yes it is a uke.

Greg – I agree, Floyd is an absolute genius to be able to put something like this together in such a short space of time.

Charlie – Thanks for dropping by. We appreciate it.

Videotrack – Thanks for your very kind comments.

Guenter – we will keep our fingers crossed. One of the best things about doing these kind of projects is getting the comments back from the pro fairly quickly.

Rob and Anne Marie – Thanks very much

#252710 - 06/05/14 09:10 AM [User Showcase] Re: Perfect Friends (collab with Floyd Jane) [Re: JoanneCooper]
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Mike B – Thanks. We hope it is a winner!

Bud and Janice – I often wonder the same thing. Sometimes I sweat blood over something and it never sees the light. I guess some people have already put in the hours and the leg work to make all look quite simple now. Floyd definitely has done that.

Herb – Thanks. I am also loving doing these writes. I find it give me some direction with my otherwise aimless songwriting. The short deadlines and the quick turnaround on the feedback is great because you can submit, get the feedback then move straight onto something else. Only the music (not the video) is submitted. However, I made a pact with myself a while ago to try and build up my Youtube presence by putting a video together for each and every original song I put out there. There is a guy on streetjelly who has over 1000 Youtube videos!! He is now reaping the benefits of doing all that hard work.

#252717 - 06/05/14 10:38 AM [User Showcase] Re: Perfect Friends (collab with Floyd Jane) [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Helsinki, Finland
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Jo and Floyd !:))

This must be a winner !!!!
perfect tune for perfect friends !!:))
Good luck !!!!

Cheers
Dani

#252930 - 06/06/14 09:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: Perfect Friends (collab with Floyd Jane) [Re: JoanneCooper]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Had me from the opening - love that Yuke on happy songs!

I'll just add a BIG PLUS ONE with Bud when he said "Why do I work and work and work ad nauseum to get a mix that you can throw together apparently in the proverbial New York minute? Nice collab you two and hopefully the folks on the other end will appreciate the effort!!" Couldn't have said it better. LOL!

I know you're only submitting the song but nice work on the video too - it seems like it takes me forever to find footage or pictures that fit - doing that so quickly is no small feat either.

Josie

#252933 - 06/06/14 10:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: Perfect Friends (collab with Floyd Jane) [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
You both should be very proud of this one. Everything about this is perfect.

Great job.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#253005 - 06/07/14 11:21 AM [User Showcase] Re: Perfect Friends (collab with Floyd Jane) [Re: JoanneCooper]
gruverider Offline
Expert

wonderful song and production

and I too love the...

use of uke (lol!)

#253040 - 06/07/14 05:01 PM [User Showcase] Re: Perfect Friends (collab with Floyd Jane) [Re: JoanneCooper]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Hey y'all. Thanks for the listen and the comments.

Joanne does a good job of following up, so I'll just let her continue...

Joanne - thanks for including me in this - it was a lot of fun.

PG folks - thanks for providing THE BEST tool for producing things like this in no time at all...

floyd

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® - Boxing Clever - Sound on Sound #TBT

Did you know that Band-in-a-Box® is more than 30 years old? I stumbled across this 1990 magazine article explaining the relatively new program, and think it's an enjoyable read for any Band-in-a-Box user - it really shows that we are always listening to user feedback when developing our program!

Read the article: Boxing Clever: Band-In-A-Box Software

A few of my favorite statements:

"The intention of PG Music's Band-In-A-Box package is to couple that speed and convenience with the improved flexibility of the personal computer. Versions are available for the Atari ST, Mac, and PC compatibles. Have the programmers succeeded? And can they rid themselves of the stigma of the auto-accompaniment section? Given the above state of affairs, the first hurdle that the program has to overcome is one of acceptance and, frankly, a name like 'Band-In-A-Box' is a bad start."

(I think our name was a great start!)

"The final results are, to say the least, impressive. Band-In-A-Box achieves something that most hardwired auto-accompaniment sections have never been able to do - inject a degree of feel into the music. It really does sound more human than so many of the computer generated pieces I've heard."

"...I'm quite convinced that PG Music will have a winner on their hands. This is one piece of software that you can get more out of than you put in."

#TipTuesday Convert RealDrums to MIDI!

Did you know that you can convert RealDrums to MIDI?

VintageGibson shared this tip to our Tips & Tricks forum, which is a great place to look for program tips from other Band-in-a-Box users!

Read this handy trick.

Have a program tip or trick of your own? Share it on our Tips & Tricks forum today!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Italian for Mac is Here!

Abbiamo lavorato tanto e abbiamo aggiunto 80 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria collezione di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 202 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, SuperTracks MIDI, Studi Strumentali, Performance degli Artisti, Bonus RealDrums "Singoli", trascrizioni RealDrums, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAKs 10 e 11, e altro ancora!

Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Export / Print a List of Selected Styles (Band-in-a-Box®)

Did you know that you can export a list of your Styles from Band-in-a-Box®?

Head to this forum post in our "Tips & Tricks" forum, where VideoTrack shares another handy tip for Band-in-a-Box® users!

Band-in-a-Box® Chord List Resource

Ever wonder which chords are supported in Band-in-a-Box®? Access the information from the Help file in the program, or read through the list with our Online Manual!

Chord List - Mac Online Manual
Chord List - Windows Online Manual

Review the other Reference topcs while you're there - with explanations of the different menus and the Keystroke Commands (Hot Keys), you'll definitely learn something new!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 French for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 contient quelques 80 fonctionnalités inédites!

Nous avons beaucoup travaillé pour offrir à Band-in-a-Box® 2021® cette étonnante panoplie de quelques 80 fonctions inédites et sa collection de contenus originaux à savoir : 202 RealTracks, des RealStyles inédits, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes Instrument, des Performances Artiste, un Bonus RealDrums "Solo", des transcriptions RealDrums, les MultiStyles PAK 1, les Xtra Styles PAKs 10 et 11, et bien plus encore!

Achat | Nouvelles Fonctionnalités

VIDEO: Band-in-a-Box® Works Great in Windows®11!

Here's an introductory look at Band-in-a-Box® running on the preview version of Windows® 11!

Watch the video.

Forum Stats
34866 Members
66 Forums
70809 Topics
612934 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
KennGordon, Fajar1995, sinnfein2, Drew_An, robinw

34865 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 174