Options
Index
#252799 - 06/05/14 07:33 PM [User Showcase] I Won't Lose Control
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

I Won't Lose Control

Bill Osofsky was nice enough to send us one of his lyrics to see what we could cook up. Not being fans of modern country we decided to go with a country swing thing (not in vogue now but I DON'T CARE smile )

floyd jane and Tom (tommyad) were kind enough to put up with my arrangement/production (I'm still trying to get this electric/drums country thang down) and provide a fine harmony vocal and the cooking guitar solo, respectively.

The RT's are:
Bass - 1848
Guitar Rhythm 1 - 967
Guitar Rhythm 2 - 959
Drums N'ville Swing 8th's
Steel Rhythm - 617
Steel Solo - 1504
Fiddle Rhythm - 1117
Fiddle Lead - 1873

Thanks for taking the time to check it out and comments are most welcome!

J&B

#252852 - 06/06/14 06:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Won't Lose Control [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: South Africa
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
Bud, Janice, Tommy, Floyd and Bill

WOW. That is simply gorgeous. What a great collaboration with each person adding a part to make the whole thing outstanding. The lyric is such fun and that guitar solo..man. As usual, beautifully sung and produced. Well done you lot!

#252856 - 06/06/14 07:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Won't Lose Control [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Helsinki, Finland
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Janice and Bud & Co !

This must be the icing on the cake ?
It is just superb in every aspect ?
My absolute JBF&B fav. from now on !:))

Cheers
Dani

#252857 - 06/06/14 07:20 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Won't Lose Control [Re: Janice & Bud]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Kool tune..... like a Texas swing two step with some crunch guitars going on in the background.

Yep, they don't make-um like that anymore.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#252881 - 06/06/14 12:11 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Won't Lose Control [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Kentucky
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kentucky
Excellent work as usual, the mix is perfect, this one's ready for the radio today; thanks for sharing!

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.

#252899 - 06/06/14 02:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Won't Lose Control [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
I love you're comment about not caring if your in vogue. Trends come and trends go but good is always....just good!! This is really nice work! The lyricist is a fine craftsman--concise, simple lines that say a lot and paint a great picture. Great work again! Take care. Greg

#252907 - 06/06/14 05:29 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Won't Lose Control [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: New Zealand
RichMac Offline
Expert

Loc: New Zealand
A great reproduction of the era and style. Precise and focused lyrics and an excellent mix. Love the vocal and harmonies and the vocal delivery of the last line. Cheers.

#252923 - 06/06/14 09:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Won't Lose Control [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: Gulf Coast
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Loc: Gulf Coast
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
I love you're comment about not caring if your in vogue. Trends come and trends go but good is always....just good!! This is really nice work! The lyricist is a fine craftsman--concise, simple lines that say a lot and paint a great picture. Great work again! Take care. Greg

+1

I like it.

Josie
Thank you.

#252929 - 06/06/14 09:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Won't Lose Control [Re: Sundance]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Originally Posted By: Sundance

+1

I like it.

Josie

A Big +1

This is real country music! Super vocal and harmonies, super lyrics, great arrangement, outstanding guitar work and an other outstanding mix.

This is a keeper!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware

#252943 - 06/07/14 12:43 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Won't Lose Control [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Online   content
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Good, traditional country music. Excellent production.

Regards,

Charlie

#252973 - 06/07/14 08:39 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Won't Lose Control [Re: Guitarhacker]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: JosieC
Bud, Janice, Tommy, Floyd and Bill

WOW. That is simply gorgeous. What a great collaboration with each person adding a part to make the whole thing outstanding. The lyric is such fun and that guitar solo..man. As usual, beautifully sung and produced. Well done you lot!

Thanks Josie. It's been a lot of fun since we joined this community.

Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Janice and Bud & Co !

This must be the icing on the cake ?
It is just superb in every aspect ?
My absolute JBF&B fav. from now on !:))

Cheers
Dani

Thanks Dani. Electric instrument/drum productions are a struggle for me - glad you liked it.

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Kool tune..... like a Texas swing two step with some crunch guitars going on in the background.

Yep, they don't make-um like that anymore.

Thank Herb. I guess George Strait carried out the flag on this genre.

#252975 - 06/07/14 09:00 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Won't Lose Control [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Janice & Bud, Tommy, Floyd and Bill,

what a great collaboration. The lyric is real fun.
Great guitar solo. Beautifully sung and produced.
A very enjoyable listen.

Guenter

#252988 - 06/07/14 10:46 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Won't Lose Control [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Florida
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Bud & Janice, Thanks for letting be a small part of this one. I loved it from the moment I heard it. My favorite part besides the lyrics and Janice's vocal is the way the bass alternates between the 1,5 in the verses and the walking pattern in the choruses. It put the swang in this thang. Tom

#253008 - 06/07/14 11:34 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Won't Lose Control [Re: Janice & Bud]
gruverider Offline
Expert

sweet song!

the mix and production were top notch! the levels are in the pocket and each instrument has it's place!

expertly done!

#253042 - 06/07/14 05:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Won't Lose Control [Re: Janice & Bud]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

That's just flat-out fun. And flat-out good for every angle...

#253050 - 06/07/14 07:19 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Won't Lose Control [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: The Netherlands
RnAM Online   content
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Janice and Bud,
Cool Western song with nice lyrics. We like the harmonies.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

#253075 - 06/07/14 09:38 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Won't Lose Control [Re: RichMac]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: PgFantastic
Excellent work as usual, the mix is perfect, this one's ready for the radio today; thanks for sharing!

We can only wish radio would play that style of country now days! Thank you.

Thank you Greg. We really don't care smile Glad you liked it.

Originally Posted By: RichMac
A great reproduction of the era and style. Precise and focused lyrics and an excellent mix. Love the vocal and harmonies and the vocal delivery of the last line. Cheers.

Thanks! And, yeah man, she bent those notes a bit -- glad you liked that.

Bud

#253084 - 06/08/14 12:07 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Won't Lose Control [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Florida, USA
cubanpete Offline
Expert

Loc: Florida, USA
Well guys, I agree that country swing might not be in vogue, but also agree that good stuff is good stuff, and that, never goes out of stile, it's simply good! and this collab is no exception. Congratulations!

Mike B.

#253100 - 06/08/14 04:23 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Won't Lose Control [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Hey everyone involved with this ...

Great collab by all involved. I've known Bill Osofsky for about 7 or 8 years and I can vouch that he's as nice in person as he is on the various forums he frequents. He's a true gentleman and a terrific lyricist!

I hear a lot of "Asleep At The Wheel" in this one. Now don't get me wrong, Janice is a "WHOLE LOT" prettier than Ray Benson! But she has that same Country Swing in her voice.

Very nice job by all concerned. It's amazing how we can collab with folks from all over the globe, almost as though they're in the next room.

Loved our listen!

Alan and Di

Edited by Al-David (06/08/14 04:24 AM)

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#253113 - 06/08/14 08:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Won't Lose Control [Re: Charlie Fogle]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Sundance

+1
I like it.
Josie

Thanks - glad you do!

Originally Posted By: MarioD

A Big +1
This is real country music! Super vocal and harmonies, super lyrics, great arrangement, outstanding guitar work and an other outstanding mix.
This is a keeper!

Thanks - we appreciate you commenting on those aspects!

Originally Posted By: c_fogle
Good, traditional country music. Excellent production.

Regards,

Charlie

Thanks Charlie - we tried to make it sound trad.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac® Bonus PAKs!

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2022 during our Mac special (ending July 15th) and you'll receive a Free Bonus PAK*!

What does the Free Bonus PAK include?
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 34: Blues Piano and Organ (9 MSTs)
-Instrumental Studies 16: Fusion Guitar Soloing (6 studies)
-Artist Performance Set 11: Songs with Vocals volume 1 (20 songs)
-RealDrums Stems Set 1 (20 RealDrums stems)
-MIDI Styles Set 84: Look Ma! More MIDI 7 (complete, 15 styles)
-Over 400 playable RealTracks (sfz sforzando files)
-RealCombos Booster PAK (30 New RealStyles, 26 Existing RealStyles, 109 RT's/RD's)

Want even more? Boost your Free Bonus PAK to the 49-PAK for $49 to add:
-60 Bonus RT/RD (20 more than in previous years)
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 35: All Guitar (5 MSTs)
-Instrumental Studies 17: Classic Country Guitar Soloing (6 studies)
-Artist Performance Set 12: Songs with Vocals volume 2 (20 songs)
-RealDrums Stems Set 2 (20 RealDrums stems)
-Look Ma! More MIDI 8 (complete, 15 styles)

Learn more...

*excluding the $49 version upgrade purchase.

Holiday Hours - Canada Day (July 1, 2022)

We are celebrating Canada Day on Friday, July 1st - but we're still here!

Our Customer Service hours that day are adjusted to:

Friday, July 1: 8am-4pm PDT

Regular Hours resume Saturday, July 2nd.
www.pgmusic.com/contact.htm

Happy Independence Day to our USA friends on Monday, July 4th!

New Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Add-ons are Here!

We're excited to say that we've just released some amazing new RealStyles with XPro Styles PAKs 2 & 3 and Xtra Styles PAK 13 for Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows or Mac!

XPro Styles PAK 2 includes 100 fresh new RealStyles that will up the utility and fun factor of the Band-in-a-Box® Pro version by adding 25 rock and pop styles, 25 jazz styles, 25 country styles, and 25 folk styles! XPro Styles PAK 3 goes even further - not only is it packed 100 new RealStyles, it includes 35 RealTracks that are not included with a Pro or MegaPAK purchase - adding even more versatility to what these can do! Sink your teeth into 25 rock/pop styles, 25 jazz/funk styles, 25 country/bluegrass styles, and 25 styles featuring a mix of genres ranging from high energy electro swing to ambient grooves and everything in between.

With the new Xtra Styles PAK 13, we're going to make the number thirteen lucky again! There are 200 new RealStyles for Rock/Pop, Jazz, Country, and Singer-Songwriter. Some examples of what's included: Mellow soundtrack rock, Americana country lullaby, western swing big band, coffee house jazz waltz, jazzy jump blues, songwriter gospel ballad, fast indie rock, vintage clav funk, country pop march, and much, much more!

And they're all ON SALE until July 15th! Purchase Xtra Styles PAKs or XPro Styles PAKs for only $29 per PAK (regular price $49 each)!

Purchase XPro Styles PAKs
Purchase Xtra Styles PAKs
Learn more & watch our video demonstrations

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac is here!

There are 50+ new features, 222 new RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Xtra Styles PAK 13, XPro Styles PAKs 2 & 3, New "playable RealTracks" Hi-Q sounds, 2 sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Upgrade purchases until July 15, 2022 - save up to 50% when you purchase a Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Mac 2022 packages! For more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!), upgrade it to the 2022 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac.

How to: Opening Multiple Instances of Band-in-a-Box®

Did you know that you can have multiple instances of Band-in-a-Box® open on your computer? There was a conversation about this recently on our Forum, so we put together this video explaining how: Opening Multiple Instances of Band-in-a-Box®

Want to see a quick video tutorial that's not on our Tips & Tricks list? You can post your request to our I want a video that shows me how to .... forum.

How to: Replacing a MIDI Track with an Audio Track (RealBand)

Using RealBand and wondering how to replace a MIDI track with an audio track?

We show you how in our RealBand®: Replacing a MIDI Track with an Audio Track
video!

How to: Setup and Record with a MIDI Keyboard in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows

Do you want to record your MIDI keyboard into Band-in-a-Box®, but aren't sure where to start? This quick video is what you've been looking for! How to Setup and Record with a MIDI Keyboard in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows.

User Guide: Working with MIDI

Forum Stats
36214 Members
64 Forums
74856 Topics
657353 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
LaurenceA, Morvan, mitsumamespoon, Tin Whistle, Thierry BULANT

36214 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 257