You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#254262 - 06/20/14 08:22 PM [User Showcase] In the Attic ( Going Back in Time ) - Bossa
PatrickH Offline
Apprentice

Hi all,
First off, thanks to Joanne Cooper, Kajun Jeaux and Sundance for the positive feedback on "Ode to A Cat." I didn't want to bump it up on the forum again. However, I did a Youtube.com upload for all interested ( Joanne FYI - He's Black and White like Emily!)

Pancho's Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNri7te9RLw
(aka Ode to a Cat), note: skip the ads or not, I just allow them in the slim hopes that youtube will bump up my video.

Now for In the Attic (Going back in time)

This song was built off my final assignment in the Coursera.org Songwriting Course ( Pat Pattison ). The song memo info follows. It is a rough draft using BIAB and then Sonar X2 for the vocal overdub. But, with BIAB even a rough draft can sound pretty nice ( if they could only BIAB a better vocalist I could just plug in )!

Style is _SHSAMBA.STY (Samba w TambourineLoop (190 RS))

RealTracks in style: ~~464:Bass, Acoustic, Bossa Ev 140
RealTracks in style: ~~470:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm Bossa Ev 140
RealDrums in style: Samba^1-a:Sticks , b:Ride Contemporary

https://soundcloud.com/musingthemusic/in-the-attic-going-back-in-time-final/s-X968s

Look I found a photograph and you and I
are framed against the clear blue summer sky
gently dancing dust , on lightbeams quietly set the scene
In the attic, as i'm going back in time

memories filter in, that make me laugh, that make me cry
A single tear now falling on a smile
I taste the salt, of ocean walks..... feel the love we shared
In the attic, as going back in time

in reaching now, the box that holds...so many more
tips, and keys to memories fall like rain
my mind is in a tailspin ...... rearranging
all the stories that lie scattered on the floor

The Bull Run that we did in Spain, death defied
The gyroplane you taught me how to fly
hand in hand, exotic lands, (B) the roads we travelled on
In the attic, as i'm going back in time.

so many trips, so many trains
We shared the joys, shared the pain
of all too soon, .... Auf Wiedersehen, goodbye

Look, I found a photograph

Thanks for giving it a listen.

-Patrick

P.S. I believe I sold a Garage Band enthusiast into purchasing BIAB for his MAC after "Ode to A Cat". That was a real nice BIAB Realtrack/band etc. etc.I think he will be very pleased.

Edited by nobilis (06/20/14 08:54 PM)

#254275 - 06/20/14 10:27 PM [User Showcase] Re: In the Attic ( Going Back in Time ) - Bossa [Re: PatrickH]
Loc: Florida, USA
cubanpete Offline
Expert

Loc: Florida, USA
Hey Patric, nice tune and the vocal goes pretty good with the style. Only suggestion is that maybe allow for more bars in the intro and maybe work on the ending. Somewhat sudden.
Take care

Mike B.

#254284 - 06/20/14 11:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: In the Attic ( Going Back in Time ) - Bossa [Re: PatrickH]
Loc: Buford, GA
MikeK Offline
Veteran

Loc: Buford, GA
I like this. Good foundation for something nice. I agree with Mike B on the bars and ending. Vocals could also be a bit more up front.

Overall, very nice work!

My Music * PC: Avatar FX8366ice AMD FX-8350(4.0GHz) 16GB DDR3 6TB HDD+128GB SSD HDD Capacity NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB Win 10 64-Bit. AKAI EIE PRO Sound Interface. BIAB/RB 2020

#254305 - 06/21/14 05:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: In the Attic ( Going Back in Time ) - Bossa [Re: PatrickH]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Well, that was different ... and very enjoyable! It seems you might have made a few minor adjustments after the previous reviews as we didn't heart any real issue ... just a lot of sweet fun! Best to ya!

Alan & Di

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#254322 - 06/21/14 09:08 AM [User Showcase] Re: In the Attic ( Going Back in Time ) - Bossa [Re: PatrickH]
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi Patrick,

very enjoyable song.
Your vocals fit the style.

Guenter

#254331 - 06/21/14 11:16 AM [User Showcase] Re: In the Attic ( Going Back in Time ) - Bossa [Re: PatrickH]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Patrick,

A solid write. Nice production and mix. The vocal could come up some - it's worth showing off...

Enjoyed it.

floyd

#254339 - 06/21/14 11:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: In the Attic ( Going Back in Time ) - Bossa [Re: PatrickH]
Loc: Helsinki, Finland
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Patrick !:))

You know I love cats !
I have two of my own
black and white they are
so it is natural that
I love all tunes telling
stories about cats !
I just love this one too
and especially your yodeling !!! (chuckle) !!!

Cheers
Dani

#254409 - 06/21/14 10:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: In the Attic ( Going Back in Time ) - Bossa [Re: PatrickH]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Really great idea for a song and great execution!! There are some wonderful images and emotions. My only tweak would be to try to make the vocals easier to understand-possibly a bit more level and maybe some high end to catch the consonants better? Great work! Take care. Greg

#254412 - 06/21/14 11:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: In the Attic ( Going Back in Time ) - Bossa [Re: PatrickH]
PatrickH Offline
Apprentice

Thanks for all the feedback on how i might improve /tweak the production. It is in draft now, so i can take the suggestions and move it forward. I'm working on learning some nice Bossa rhythms on guitar to accompany it ( using "the brazilian guitar book"as a guide). And, hopefully i can overlay that with some of the nice BIAB stuff! Kind of hard to sing one rhythm and play another one but a nice challenge. Thanks again.

#254423 - 06/22/14 02:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: In the Attic ( Going Back in Time ) - Bossa [Re: PatrickH]
Loc: New Zealand
RichMac Offline
Expert

Loc: New Zealand
Hi Patrick liked the video. So does Scooter. He's a half wild tom.

Nice old time feel to in the attic. Almost expect Fred astaire and Ginger to come dancing out from the wings. Cheers.

Edited by RichMac (06/22/14 02:37 AM)

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® for Mac - Audio Chord Wizard Overview Video

The Audio Chord Wizard included in Band-in-a-Box is a powerful feature that automatically figures out the chords from an audio file and imports them (as well as the audio) into Band-in-a-Box®, along with the bar lines, key, tempo, and fine tuning!

Check out this video, where we explain how to use the Audio Chord Wizard: Click here to watch...

Read more about the Audio Chord Wizard within our online program manual, here. Better yet - give it a try and see/hear for yourself how intelligent this feature is!

Clarinet RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

It's National Clarinet Day! Who doesn't enjoy the rich & mellow sounds the clarinet delivers?

We have 20+ Clarinet RealTracks available for Band-in-a-Box®, covering Dixieland, Folk, Jazz, and World styles. You'll find these RealTracks in the following Sets:
RealTracks Set 56: Jazz, Old and New
RealTracks Set 144: Dixieland - Fast Soloists
RealTracks Set 178: Dixieland - Medium Soloists
RealTracks Set 248: Oberkrainer! Folk Music From the Alps

Clarinet RealTracks Artists include:
James Danderfer
P.J. Perry
Thomas Oberreiter

Tutorial - Downloading and Installing Your Band-in-a-Box® Purchase

When you order your copy of Band-in-a-Box® from our website you'll receive the installation files to download your order, even if you're having it shipped!

You can access these files within the My Products section of your online account.

Downloading the program is such a convenient way to get started with Band-in-a-Box®! To learn more about how to download your purchase, please review the written tutorials we've created for Windows and Mac.

200+ Saxophone RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

Where would music be today without the sultry sounds of the Saxophone? Fortunately, because of Adolphe Sax, we don't have to find out!

Today we celebrate his birthday, and with that a nod to our extensive collection of Saxophone RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

Saxophone RealTracks sound so amazing that they were one of the first RealTracks we developed and released for the program with Band-in-a-Box® 2007! Now there are more than 200 Saxophone RealTracks available for Jazz, Rock, Blues, Country, Funk, and Pop!

Our Saxophone RealTracks Artists include:
Eric Alexander
Eric Marienthal
Gary Smulyan
Jack Stafford
Jim Clark
Mark Douthit
P.J. Perry
Phil Woods
Tom Keenlyside

Click on their name to be taken to their bio page where you can learn more about the artists and listen to demos of all their RealTracks.

Upgrading to Band-in-a-Box® 2020 is Easy!

Did you know... anyone who has owned a previous version of Band-in-a-Box® is entitle to upgrade pricing - you do not need to have your old version installed!

Maybe you used to own the Windows version, but you now have a Mac... that's not a problem either!
(or if you owned the Mac version, and now you have a Windows computer)

In both cases, you would purchase from the "Upgrade from 2018 or earlier or crossgrade" row here for a new Mac version, or here if you want the newest Windows version. Just need to upgrade your 2019 version? Use the "Upgrade from 2019/2020" row.

When you purchase your upgrade from either of these rows, you will receive a complete installation - just follow the steps of the setup, and your Band-in-a-Box® will be ready to use!

PG Music Inc. shopping cart accounts were not required to purchase from our website prior to October 29, 2014. With that in mind, you may have to create an account in order to upgrade - that's OK! You'll still be entitled to upgrade pricing.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Italian for Mac is Here!

Ci sono oltre 50 nuove funzionalità in Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Ci sono miglioramenti ai RealTracks (RealTracks vocali dal suono più fluido, Ispessimento RealTracks, RealTracks "Find-a-Sub" e MultiRiffs). La maggior parte dei RealDrums ora hanno RealCharts (con un'accurata Notazione di Batteria). C'è un nuovo Browser dell'artista RealTracks per trovare informazioni /bios/collegamenti/ elenchi di RealTracks su tutti gli artisti. Un nuovo Browser delle Funzionalità consente all'utente nuovo o "smemorato" di trovare e utilizzare facilmente la maggior parte delle funzionalità/tasti di scelta rapida/documenti da un'unica finestra. Equalizza Tempo consente di cambiare una canzone registrata in rubato in un tempo fisso. Stiramento del tempo/tono dell'audio migliorato (Elastique) incluso. Ci sono miglioramenti di SongPicker, Auto-Intro di Basso/Batteria o Batteria solo, 3.400 titoli aggiunti, miglioramenti di MusicXML, chitarra "per mancini" e "Vista Studente", miglioramenti del trascinamento della selezione, visualizzazione multi-finestra dell’analizzatore degli accordi audio e altro ancora!

ACQUISTA/AGGIORNA & SCARICA ADESSO!!

Want to be notified when a new version of Band-in-a-Box® is released? There are a few ways to stay informed!

PG Music Newsletter: Click here to subscribe
(If you've registered with us, or purchased from us, you're already on the list!)

Facebook: Click here to "Like" our page!

Twitter: Click here to Follow Us!

We'll also announce any new version or new product release on our Forum... stay tuned!

Forum Stats
33219 Members
67 Forums
66108 Topics
567161 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Banning, dudes_czc, jdgm, fdesat, babluc

33218 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pipeline 196
MarioD 164