Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
ROG #255370 07/04/14 07:02 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
ROG,

Not only is your music smooth, I have always admired your gracious responses to the people who comment on your songs

Pat Marr #255384 07/04/14 11:29 AM
User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
ROG,

Not only is your music smooth, I have always admired your gracious responses to the people who comment on your songs

Now, Pat, you're making me blush!

It's a pity that there's so much distance between us, because I get the feeling that you'd be a really interesting person to talk to. One of these days, maybe...?

Take care, ROG.

boehm #255385 07/04/14 11:31 AM
User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: boehm
Hi Rog,

nice arrangement.
I like the Oohs and Aahs.

Guenter

Thanks, Guenter. I actually enjoy tracking up all the voices for the BVs - the chorus effect makes me sound a lot better than I actually am!

ROG.

dani48 #255386 07/04/14 11:32 AM
User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Rog !:))

A really nice tune you´ve written !
And your handling of it was most
enjoyable both playing and vocals !:))
I liked it very much !

Cheers
Dani

Dani. Thank you for the listen and the kind comments.

ROG

Greg Johnson #255388 07/04/14 11:39 AM
User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
I see someone else made a Dylan comparison. That was the first thing that came to my mind. This is a great combo of playfulness and depth, which I love!! I once heard a successful songwriter say at a conference "Everybody sings and everybody writes, but not everybody tells the truth, and the truth is what moves people." This may not be autobiographical but it has an honesty about it which is touching and really works! Great work! Take care. Greg

Hi Greg. What a profound quote from the conference. I've thought about it a lot since reading your comments and how it's absolutely correct in relation to songwriting. A lot of my ideas for songs come from the experiences of others, but I always try to remain true to the original emotions. Many thanks for your other kind words, too.

ROG.

RichMac #255389 07/04/14 11:45 AM
User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: RichMac
An interesting parody Rog. Quite fun. Amazingly written and produced in one hour. Wish I could do that! Cheers.

RichMac. Thanks for the listen and the comments. In the days long ago, when I used to do session work, everything had to be one take, or you didn't get any more work. I decided that it would be a good discipline to do it again, so everything in this track is one take only. It made for a quick song, but the concentration wore me out!

ROG.

gruverider #255390 07/04/14 11:52 AM
User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: gruverider
Wow! I really love this one! I just love your vocals here, that sort of drawl, rough thing you've got going on; and the lyrics are tight.

And the vibe of the acoustics with the piano and the perfect drums to drive it!

And the "Ohhh's".

It has a wonderful throwback sound - a great nostalgic vibe!

much enjoyed!

Hi Lawrence. Thanks for all the positive comments, especially the ones about my voice. I'm always riddled with insecurity about my singing, so it's good to get encouragement from someone who really can sing.
Thanks for the listen.

ROG.

RnAM #255391 07/04/14 11:54 AM
User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: R & AM
What a cool and original song!
The lyrics, the tone of your voice and your way of singing kind of reminds me of Tom Petty...

Regards,
Rob

Many thanks, Rob. I've been a great fan of Tom Petty since the 70s when he started out and to have any sort of comparison made is more than I could hope for.

ROG.

PatrickH #255392 07/04/14 11:56 AM
User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: nobilis
Ditto to:

1) Dylan
2) great Ooohs
3) nice pauses before adding last word of phrase

Great vibe and production.
-patrick

Hi Patrick. Thanks for listening and the nice comments. Dylan? Yes please. I can get along fine with that!

ROG #255416 07/04/14 05:36 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Roger,

Sounds great and I loved it from start to finish. Great payoff line at the end too.

Josie

Sundance #255488 07/05/14 03:37 PM
User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Sundance
Roger,

Sounds great and I loved it from start to finish. Great payoff line at the end too.

Josie

Hey Josie.

Always good to get a listen from you and many thanks for the kind comments. Nice that you picked up on that last line - I worked hard on that! Hope the leg's getting better now.

Take care, Roger.

ROG #255545 07/06/14 08:18 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nice work Rog. A strong song well delivered and engineered. Going back for another listen now!

John

Songs web site
YouTube Channel
BIAB 2019
Cakewalk by BandLab
Studio One 4
ROG #255576 07/06/14 02:57 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Late to the party but glad we are here! This reminds us of the Byrd's
"Sweetheart of the Rodeo" album and in our book that's a dang
good thing. Sweetheart opened country music up to millions
of folks and spawned country rock including the Eagles, etc.
We like EVERYTHING about this. The open, airy mix is spot on
for the song. And the vocal just fits in perfectly with Americana,
alt-country or whatever you choose to call the genre.
If this style (lyrically and vocally) was on country radio
We'd turn it on every morning.

Great job in ALL aspects. The proverbial "keeper."

Janice/Bud

ROG #255743 07/08/14 05:25 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
ROG, I like the Dylan sound, the pause in the vocals, the oohs. Nice mix and a very enjoyable listen. Tom

Skyline #255878 07/09/14 03:45 PM
User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Skyline
Nice work Rog. A strong song well delivered and engineered. Going back for another listen now!

John

Thanks , John. Always value your opinion and it's good when people fell the need to listen more than once.

ROG.

Janice & Bud #255881 07/09/14 03:50 PM
User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Late to the party but glad we are here! This reminds us of the Byrd's
"Sweetheart of the Rodeo" album and in our book that's a dang
good thing. Sweetheart opened country music up to millions
of folks and spawned country rock including the Eagles, etc.
We like EVERYTHING about this. The open, airy mix is spot on
for the song. And the vocal just fits in perfectly with Americana,
alt-country or whatever you choose to call the genre.
If this style (lyrically and vocally) was on country radio
We'd turn it on every morning.

Great job in ALL aspects. The proverbial "keeper."

Janice/Bud

Janice & Bud. What can I say? I'm overwhelmed by your kind comments and to be mentioned in the same sentence as The Byrds is more than I could hope for. You just made my Day! Many thanks.

ROG.

tommyad #255882 07/09/14 03:55 PM
User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: tommyad
ROG, I like the Dylan sound, the pause in the vocals, the oohs. Nice mix and a very enjoyable listen. Tom

Tom. I always admire your own work and so your opinion is all the more valuable. I've always loved Dylan and I remember buying the vinyl of "Highway 61 Revisited" back in the 60s and then wearing it out. I've still got the CD in my collection now! Many thanks for the listen and the kind words.

ROG.

ROG #256236 07/12/14 08:38 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi ROG,

I've been away for a few weeks. This was one of the first songs I listened to a few days ago when I managed to sit down at the computer again!

This is A+ entertainment all the way. Like others before me, the thing that first sprang to mind was the sound of Dylan that you've managed to capture. It really appealed to me.

I'm not sure if you are aware of it, but the rhyme scheme of your verses echo Dylan also (even though the metre is slightly different)! If I rewrite a verse as 6 lines instead of three, you'll see what I mean.

Quote:
Years keep rolling by
and my memory gets a little lazy
The days run one into another
and sometimes they get a little hazy
My friends say I'm doing ok
but sometimes I think I'm going crazy.

Rhyme scheme = x a x a x a

Here's the lyrics to "Blowin' in the wind"

Quote:
How many roads must a man walk down
Before you can call him a man?
How many seas must a white dove sail
Before she sleeps in the sand?
Yes, how many times must the cannon balls fly
Before they're forever banned?

Rhyme scheme = x a x a x a

Like "Blowin' in the wind", 'Memory' is also the AAA format.

I wonder if the above, and the way you sing in this mix, worked in harmony to produce the Dylanesque vibe I heard? I don't know but, whatever it was, it sure suited 'Memory'!

All the best,
Noel

P.S. I can't be believe that such a professional sounding piece of work on took one hour! That's incredible.

Last edited by Noel96; 07/13/14 05:11 AM.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
ROG #256282 07/13/14 10:52 AM
User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hey Noel.

Glad to see you back on the forum. I was missing for quite a while too, but happy to be back now.

Many thanks for the listen and the detailed comments - I always love the way you break down lyrics to reveal their structure. It hadn't occurred to me that the rhyming scheme worked like that until you pointed it out. It certainly wasn't deliberate - more instinctive.

One hour? Well, as I said earlier in the thread, at one time I was playing sessions which required everything to be "one take" and I thought it might be a good discipline to see if I could still do it. So, everything in this track is one take only, including tracking up the BVs, which are "chorusy" (new word?) to say the least. I know where all the mistakes are, but hopefully they're not too obvious to everyone else.

Anyway, glad you liked it and looking forward to you posting some more of your own songs.

ROG.

ROG #256311 07/13/14 06:28 PM
User Showcase
C
Apprentice
Apprentice
C
What a fun song! And your voice makes it all work perfectly. Great BGV's, too.

(I had something else to add, but I forgot what it was.)

Great song!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,584
Posts734,715
Members38,500
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai
38,499 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 197