You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#260107 - 08/21/14 12:11 AM [User Showcase] It ain't you (orchestra)
Loc: Montréal Quebec Canada
LPman Offline
Journeyman

Hi again

After reading some helpful comments from this forum (thanks)

I took my piano playing and only imported the melody in the melody track in BIAB

BOSSA33.STY. Bossa33 - Latin Brazilian Bossa
All MIDI. Quintet.
M1 Standard Drum Kit, [RD Sub: BOSSABRUSHES: a: Sidestick Brushes b: Sidestick, Ride :Craig Scott]
M33: Acoustic String Bass
M5: Electric Piano
M25: Nylon String Guitar
M50: Slow Strings

I removed the trombone and clarinet soloist from the last post

The song is smoother, and at least if I fail to be ace piano player at least I can depend on
Band-In-A-Box 2014

Thanks again for the comments and suggestions

SoundCloud

#260120 - 08/21/14 01:16 AM [User Showcase] Re: It ain't you (orchestra) [Re: LPman]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Still an interesting arrangement but as you say, smoother. I like this a lot and you've got some good ideas going on here. Looking forward to some more from you soon.

Charlie

#260132 - 08/21/14 03:52 AM [User Showcase] Re: It ain't you (orchestra) [Re: Charlie Fogle]
LPman Offline
Journeyman

thank you Charlie for your support.... I appreciate you taking the time to comment

#260148 - 08/21/14 12:43 PM [User Showcase] Re: It ain't you (orchestra) [Re: LPman]
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi LPMan,

really smooth now. If you want to improve it remove some melody notes that don't fit the chords.
Looking forward to the third version.

Guenter

#260191 - 08/22/14 12:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: It ain't you (orchestra) [Re: boehm]
LPman Offline
Journeyman

Hi Guenter
I don't know if I'm going to come back to the song and finish it. I found a Chuck Berry style shuffle and edited it down to a ten bar blues progression. I can improvise a lot of song on top of it.... accounter progression if you will ....(removing piano track for a substitute progression). I think I will have less problems utilizing the potential of the styles better this way. it's great to hear yourself as a band. and I want to harness the full potential of the style.

I made a midi of this song so I can always come back to it. but moving the time blocks (bricks) is a nightmare for me

thanks for your input....

Edited by LPman (08/22/14 01:16 AM)

#260217 - 08/22/14 08:04 AM [User Showcase] Re: It ain't you (orchestra) [Re: LPman]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

I don't know that I heard the first version, but this one sounds pretty cool.

I started off with BB using lots of Bossa sounding stuff..... it kinda opens lots of doors for ya.

nice work.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#260282 - 08/22/14 09:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: It ain't you (orchestra) [Re: Guitarhacker]
LPman Offline
Journeyman

Thanks Guitarhacker,

I agree with you, the bossa nova has a lot of potential, I think because of the pattern of 16th notes. I found a MIDI song called moonlighting. You would swear this song was made by BIAB. I processed it through a bossa nova style, then edited the MIDI song down to just the piano melody. The only song I did perfect that came in a snap! its in my soundcloud playlist cover songs.

But.... I'm a big fan of space in my songs, I like working on jazz and hoping to become a better piano player using BIAB. I usually take the piano track off, an improv a layer

#260298 - 08/22/14 11:59 PM [User Showcase] Re: It ain't you (orchestra) [Re: LPman]
Loc: Kentucky
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kentucky
Did not get to hear version 1 but this one is superb, you are really owning the keys thanks for sharing!

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.

#260311 - 08/23/14 03:02 AM [User Showcase] Re: It ain't you (orchestra) [Re: PgFantastic]
LPman Offline
Journeyman

Thanks PgFantastic I appreciate you saying that!

PG Music News
The XPro & Xtra Styles PAKs Special Ends September 30th!

Amp up your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 experience when you add XPro and Xtra Styles PAKs... on sale until September 30th!

XPro Styles PAKs are styles that work with any version (Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition) of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 (or higher). We offer 3 PAKs, and each PAK includes over 100 styles!

Xtra Styles PAKs are styles that work with the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 (or higher). There are 13 PAKs available, with over 100 styles in each PAK!

They're all on sale only September 30th!
Each PAK can be purchased for $29 (reg. $49)... Order XPro Styles PAKS | Order Xtra Styles PAKs

How to: Using the New Download and Install Manager to Install on macOS

In this video we show you how to use the new Band-in-a-Box® Download And Install Manager to install Band-in-a-Box® 2022 on macOS: Installing Band-in-a-Box® On macOS Using The New Download And Install Manager

Learn more about this feature.

Special Offer! XPro Styles PAKs on sale until September 30, 2022!

XPro Styles PAKs 1-3 offers 300 more RealStyles to supercharge your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition! All of these styles are professionally mixed and include genres like jazz, country, bluegrass, pop, singer/songwriter, rock, and more. For you Pro and MegaPAK users, the XPro Styles PAK 3 also includes 35 additional RealTracks (a $200+ value) that are not included with the Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Pro or MegaPAK. XPro Styles PAKs are only $29 each (reg $49) until September 30th!

Learn more about XPro Styles PAKs 1-3 for Windows and for Mac.

Note: XPro Styles PAKs work with ANY Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Special Offer! Save on Xtra Styles PAKs until September 30, 2022!

Until September 30th, save over 40% on our Xtra Styles PAKs 1-13 with over 2,200 RealStyles (and 35 MIDI Styles)! Each set is on sale for $29 or get them all in the Xtra Styles PAK 1-13 Bundle for only $199 (reg. $349)!

Expand your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition with Xtra Styles PAKs! These Xtra Styles PAKs will add TONS of imaginative styles to your collection, spanning several genres like jazz, rock, bluegrass, country, pop, blues, singer/songwriter, and more! Every RealStyle is professionally mixed and uses a unique arrangement that has never been used by our previous styles. We have even included several MultiStyles that include up to ten substyles each for your advanced arrangements! Spend less time mixing and more time creating, with Xtra Styles PAKs!

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs 1-13 for Windows and for Mac.

Note: These Xtra Styles PAKs require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box® version 2022. They won't work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the 2022 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial - Nick Kellie

Endorsing Artist Nick Kellie is a long-time Band-in-a-Box® user - here's what he has to say about the program, along with some of his sessions demoing his use of Band-in-a-Box® backing tracks: Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial - Nick Kellie

"Band-in-a-Box is an indispensable tool for any practicing musician. I can think of any chord progression imaginable and it can do it. It has helped me to hone my skills as a soloist and as a rhythm player."
- Nick Kellie

Band-in-a-Box® User Tip - Generate a RealTracks Solo Using the Silence RealTrack Instead of Mute

Our Forums are full of enthusiastic and long time Band-in-a-Box® users, so it's no surprise when they post a handy tip for fellow program users.

Like this one, Generate a RealTracks Solo using the Silence RealTrack instead of Mute

What a time saving tip to share with everyone - thanks Charlie!

Interested reading other program tips, or share your own? Head to our Tips and Tricks forum to join in on the conversation.

Forum Stats
36557 Members
64 Forums
75752 Topics
667630 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
UnconfuseU, yesiyens, banjojeff, budt5221, chrismcg

36556 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
AudioTrack 166
MarioD 110