You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#261033 - 08/31/14 09:12 PM [User Showcase] to your journey
F.M.M. Offline
Expert

hi guys trying something different may be a bit busy all real tracks and me trying to be country picker thanks eric https://soundcloud.com/f-m-m/to-your-journey real tracks Style is _JWALTZG.STY (Jazz Waltz with Guitar (140 RS))RealTracks in style: ~~929:Bass, Acoustic, Jazz Waltz Sw 110
RealTracks in song: ~1188:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm PopWaltz Ev 120
RealTracks in song: ~~1125:Fiddle, Background CountryWaltz Sw 110
RealTracks in song: ~828:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Country Waltz Sw 110
RealTracks in song: 1874:Medley [8 bars] Fiddle, Mandolin, Piano, ResGuitar, PedalStSol WestrnSwPaulSw165, GuitarElSol WestSwBrentSw165,
RealTracks in song: 408:Guitar, Resonator, Background Allis Ev 120
RealDrums in Song: JazzWaltz4sTerryClarke: a: Sticks, Ride b: Sticks Solo
AMD (TM) 8150 3.60 GHz Eight Core Processor 64 bit windows 10 pro 64 bit os. sound card delta 1010 pci card 500 ssd drive 3 other drives guitars 1968 les Paul Custom and Cavin ae 185 Guitar boss Gt-100 pedal Carvin SRS Studio reference series

#261058 - 09/01/14 08:18 AM [User Showcase] Re: to your journey [Re: F.M.M.]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Immediately struck by the unique blend of instruments, genre and feel of the song. Your choice of title fits the song. As the listener and not knowing the direction, or predictable outcome between the various choices, I embark on the journey with you, the composer, to see the journey's end.

Unique, in a good way. I enjoyed this.

Charlie

#261080 - 09/01/14 01:17 PM [User Showcase] Re: to your journey [Re: F.M.M.]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Really interesting! Dunno how you made those disparate RT's, e.g., waltz, ev, sw, etc., work together. No small feat. And the picking is right in the pocket. Fun listen...
Our album "All Over The Map" is on Apple Music, Spotify and others.

#261093 - 09/01/14 02:41 PM [User Showcase] Re: to your journey [Re: F.M.M.]
PatrickH Offline
Apprentice

F.M.M.,
I really like that blend a vibe. I immediately thought of Pat Metheny's entire album/soundscape "As Witchita Falls, So Falls Wichita Falls" which is Jazz with much Midwest/Ozark etc. etc. flavoring. Your brought a few more of the styles instruments into the mix, and quite effectively. Nice.

Edited by nobilis (09/01/14 02:43 PM)

#261112 - 09/01/14 06:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: to your journey [Re: F.M.M.]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
eric,

I always applaud your experimental side. And you did a terrific job of combining that grouping of instruments. However, your guitar sort of "gets lost" in it.... and your guitar is what we come to hear!!!

It's not fair, I know... sort of like Bob Dylan's fans not wanting to hear Maggie's Farm... but there it is...

floyd

#261130 - 09/01/14 11:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: to your journey [Re: F.M.M.]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Really interesting!! The composition, to me, is kinda Steely Danesque but with a unique but musical collection of instruments. Very cool!! Take care. Greg

#261169 - 09/02/14 01:19 PM [User Showcase] Re: to your journey [Re: F.M.M.]
Loc: Illinois
plish Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Illinois
Fun mashup of various instruments and beats. It does work! Good job!

#261218 - 09/02/14 07:07 PM [User Showcase] Re: to your journey [Re: F.M.M.]
Loc: Helsinki, Finland
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Eric !:))

This must be one of your best
if not the best ? !!!! I just
loved it, the mix of instruments
and everything working so
wonderfully together !:))

Cheers
Dani

#261223 - 09/02/14 07:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: to your journey [Re: F.M.M.]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
WOW another waltz, I love it!

This is the first jazz waltz that I have ever heard with bluegrass instruments playing along side some country dudes and a jazz drummer!
This one not only shows the versatility that BiaB can produce but it also shows the expertise of the one producing it. I can't even imagine how you pulled this of but you did and it sounds great!

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#262541 - 09/15/14 08:24 PM [User Showcase] Re: to your journey [Re: MarioD]
F.M.M. Offline
Expert

hi guys thanks for the kind words eric
AMD (TM) 8150 3.60 GHz Eight Core Processor 64 bit windows 10 pro 64 bit os. sound card delta 1010 pci card 500 ssd drive 3 other drives guitars 1968 les Paul Custom and Cavin ae 185 Guitar boss Gt-100 pedal Carvin SRS Studio reference series

#262549 - 09/15/14 10:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: to your journey [Re: F.M.M.]
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Very Very Cool!! Beautiful guitar work. I almost hear a little bit of Steely Dan gone country. Enjoyed it thoroughly!! Take care. Greg

PG Music News
#MusicMonday - Share your Latest Band-in-a-Box® Song!

Let's hear your latest Band-in-a-Box® song! Don't be shy - post it as a reply, or head to our User Showcase Forum to share it there!

New to Band-in-a-Box® and unsure of how to get started? We have a few resources to help you out!

Forums - packed with helpful program users!
Online Manual - specifically "Chapter 2: QuickStart" (Mac users, click here.)
Support Videos - sorted for easy searching! All of these are also shared on our YouTube Channel.

Of course, you can always reach out to our team directly too! www.pgmusic.com/contact.htm

#TBT The Band-in-a-Box® 2010 "Plug-in" Mode!

Did you know... the "Plug-in" mode was first launched with the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2010 for Windows!

With the 2010 "Plug-in" mode, Band-in-a-Box® opened as a small always-on-top window, and acted as a plug-in for your favorite DAW/sequencer, so that you could Drag-and-drop MIDI and audio (WAV) tracks from Band-in-a-Box to your favorite sequencer. You could work in your favorite sequencer, type a progression in Band-in-a-Box, and then simply drag the track from Band-in-a-Box to your sequencer’s track at the desired track and bar location.

To learn more about the new features that were launched with Band-in-a-Box® 2010 for Windows, check out Band-in-a-Box® 2010 "Plug-in" mode feature highlighted in our Band-in-a-Box® 2010 New Features Video at 10:50!

The "Plug-in" mode development didn't stop there - With Band-in-a-Box® 2019 we introduced the "Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin" which now works DIRECTLY INSIDE YOUR DAW (Cakewalk, Reaper, Pro Tools, PreSonus, etc.). Learn more about this feature here.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac - No Sound with MIDI?

Have you ever experienced a No Sound issue when you're working with MIDI in Band-in-a-Box® for Mac?

We have an online tutorial that can walk you through some troubleshooting to resolve this, but why not check out our newest YouTube video instead?

Click here to watch...

Of course, you can always reach out to us directly if you're in need of assistance with the program!

#TipTuesday - The Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Feature Browser!

Don't underestimate the power of the Feature Browser added with Band-in-a-Box® 2020! This is a GREAT resource when you "know that you knew a feature" but just can't quite remember how to find it!

Simply click on the [?] at the top of the program (near the Mixer on the right) to launch this feature. From there, simply type in your query, or choose from the long list that appears in the Feature Browser window. If you're typing it in, you'll see that list change to only show the results that could fit your search - once you find what you're looking for, you can read more about it when you choose [Manual], if there's a video for the feature you can choose [Video] to view it, OR - if you don't need to read about the feature and just want to USE it, choose [Do it] and you're all set!

Watch this new feature in action when you jump to the subject in our New Features video:

10:19 - New Feature - Feature Browser

Give the Gift of Music with Band-in-a-Box®!

Did you wait too long to purchase flowers, a card, or book a restaurant for Valentine's Day? Or, maybe material gifts just aren't your thing?

Why not whip together a song in Band-in-a-Box? It's as easy as typing in some chords, choosing a style, and pressing play!

Or, take it a step further with the help of the Audio Chord Wizard and our StylePicker Song Titles Browser feature!
How???
-Use the Audio Chord Wizard to analyze their favorite song and provide you with the chord progression
-Take that chord progression and start a new project in Band-in-a-Box (choose "Erase the Audio WAV file in BB" | Enable style)
-Head to the StylePicker window, search for a style for that song using the "Song Titles Browser" Feature (top right)
-Choose from the list provided
-Press Play!

Like what you hear? Save it, and viola!

Holiday Hours - Family Day (Mon, Feb 17)

Monday, February 17th is Family Day!

Our hours on this holiday will be:
Customer Service: 8:00AM to 4:00PM PST
Technical Support: Closed.

Regular hours resume Tuesday, February 18th.

www.pgmusic.com/contact.htm

Get Out Your Guitar with Band-in-a-Box®!

Today is Get Out Your Guitar Day! To celebrate, "they" recommend gathering up a few friends with guitars to ROCK!

But, what if you're unable to round up your crew? That's where Band-in-a-Box® comes in!

There are more than 1,100 Guitar RealTracks available in Sets 1-352 by over 50 RealTracks Artists! Jam along with any of them when you create your own song using Guitar RealTracks, or play one of the demo songs for any Guitar you choose in the RealTracks picker dialog - simply choose your Guitar and click on the [Song Demo...] button within that window.

OR take it even farther when you head to the Soloist within Band-in-a-Box® and choose "Trade" when generating a Guitar Soloist track - choose between 2, 4, or 8 bars!

Learn more about the Trade option within Band-in-a-Box in Chapter 9 | "The Soloist" of our Online Manual.

Forum Stats
31235 Members
63 Forums
62493 Topics
528776 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
dBirch, Ery, peterindc, eligilbertbanjo, Ray170644

31234 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 138
Pipeline 133