#265518 - 10/14/14 03:17 PM [User Showcase] New song - the real love
Loc: Cremona-Italy
Sergio Guarneri Offline
Expert

I made this song some times ago.

tempo 105 b/m F#-
OTISS.sty Blues greasy

sergio-guarneri/the-real-love (wrong link - new link below)

https://soundcloud.com/sergio-guarneri/the-real-love

I played with my Gretsch Electromatic

Hello.

Edited by Callie - PG Music (10/17/14 11:09 AM)

Sergio

#265519 - 10/14/14 03:28 PM [User Showcase] Re: New song - the real love [Re: Sergio Guarneri]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#265575 - 10/15/14 08:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: New song - the real love [Re: Sergio Guarneri]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Hey... cool sound. I like the fat tone on the guitar.

What drums are you using? They don't quite sound like BB/RB to me. Reason being, the snare is pretty loud compared to the rest of the kit. PG drums tend to be more balanced.

Edit: you mentioned that this was the song you lost the SGU file on due to a HD crash. I pointed out that I keep backup copies off the computer.... but.... I never sweat it if I end up losing a file. I have head some occasions where a backup from a CD was corrupted or in other ways, non-readable. Just start again from square one..... rebuilding a song in BB might take 30 minutes, perhaps an hour if I take my time.

NO biggie.... it doesn't take long with BB to rework the song again from scratch. AND.... what I have found out is that as time passes, and my skills improve, the second version is generally better than the first one anyway. I apply the same logic to my guitar solos in my music. I never layer or record multiple copies of guitar solo's. I always DELETE the existing one and go for broke from scratch every single time. My reasoning again is that if I played it before, I can play it again, but better the next time. And this practice has NEVER failed to yield a better solo. I stop once I am satisfied that I have an interesting part recorded.

Edited by Guitarhacker (10/15/14 08:27 AM)

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#265587 - 10/15/14 09:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: New song - the real love [Re: Sergio Guarneri]
Loc: Kentucky
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kentucky
Beautiful, the guitar work is superb, thanks for sharing!

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.

#265590 - 10/15/14 10:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: New song - the real love [Re: Sergio Guarneri]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Nice song. I like the tone from the guitar on this. Thanks for sharing.

Charlie

#265683 - 10/15/14 09:41 PM [User Showcase] Re: New song - the real love [Re: Sergio Guarneri]
Loc: Massachusetts
BruceI Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Massachusetts
Welcome! The guitar tone is pleasingly fat, and the playing has some really nice moments. But whatever is going on with the drums is pretty distracting and makes the track sound overly busy - I feel like I miss everything but the drums and lead. You can never say that a snare is "too loud" if it works for the song - many cool recordings are based on such exaggerated drum effects. But for me in this case, it takes away from the rest of the arrangement. Some tweaks with the mix and EQ might fix it.

Thanks for sharing,
Bruce

#265694 - 10/16/14 01:02 AM [User Showcase] Re: New song - the real love [Re: Sergio Guarneri]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Very sweet sounds! Really nicely put together. Enjoyed it very much! Take care. Greg

#265713 - 10/16/14 08:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: New song - the real love [Re: Sergio Guarneri]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Sergio,

I like our song. Your guitar playing is nicely melodic - smooth and comfortable - enjoyable to listen to. I am a big fan of "a snappy snare", but as others have noted, in this case, it is taking attention away from your guitar. The instrument choices work well.

fj

#265728 - 10/16/14 11:02 AM [User Showcase] Re: New song - the real love [Re: Sergio Guarneri]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Really fine guitar -- both tone and playing!!

I agree with the drum comments.

#265749 - 10/16/14 02:20 PM [User Showcase] Re: New song - the real love [Re: Sergio Guarneri]
Sergio Guarneri Offline
Expert

Hallo everyone

Thanks for the replies and for the nice words.

I made the song (and others) when I used Bib for a short time.
I will pay more attention to the sound of drums.

Unfortunately I have no further details of the song (in any memory stick or hard disk)So I can't say what kind of drums I used.

Congratulations to all for your musics, very great.
To hear from you soon.

Sergio

PG Music News
Celebrate National Jukebox Day with Band-in-a-Box®!

Happy National Jukebox Day!

You don't need to go out and buy a Jukebox - if you're using Band-in-a-Box®, you already have one!

What does the Band-in-a-Box® Jukebox do?

Using the directory you choose, the Band-in-a-Box® Jukebox will provide you with background music by continuously play the entire list of Band-in-a-Box® SGU files within that folder! There are many options for you to customize your Jukebox experience, including: Only Play song with melodies, Change Melody Instrument, Random order Playback, Audible Count-in, and more! Plus, the Jukebox will continue to play while you use other programs, providing your favorite music for continued background listening pleasure!

To learn more about the Jukebox feature in Band-in-a-Box®, check out Chapter 5 of our online manual, here. Mac too!

Don't wait - Update Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Today!

The latest Band-in-a-Box® update allows you to easily see the RealDrums with Stems in the update RealDrums picker, provides an abundance of accessibility enhancements, updates a variety of existing RealTracks, and more! It also includes the latest 2022 DAW Plugin updates!

Don't wait - install it today!

It's Time To Update Your Band-in-a-Box® 2022!

Using Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows? Pop over to our support page and download your free update today! We've added new and improved RealTracks content (for your existing RealTracks) and many other enhancements requested by program users, and included the latest DAW Plugin with updated render settings, the ability to exclude tracks from MCC, and more! While you're there, don't forget to update your RealBand 2022!

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac users will want to download their update too! It includes additional support for audio interfaces for recording audio, a filter for the RealDrums picker for showing RealDrums with Drum stems, adds the newest DAW Plugin, and addresses many user suggestions.

Learn more and download Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Build 926.

Learn more and download Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac Build 609.

Update Your RealBand 2022 Today!

With RealBand 2022 Build 5, dragging a section of audio now updates the From/Thru display, keyboard shortcuts have been added to the Tracks & Audio Edit Windows, you can save MIDI tracks to a Utility Track with an MGU or SGU file, and more!

Read the full list of RealBand 2022 updates and download now.

The XPro & Xtra Styles PAKs Special Ends September 30th!

Amp up your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 experience when you add XPro and Xtra Styles PAKs... on sale until September 30th!

XPro Styles PAKs are styles that work with any version (Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition) of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 (or higher). We offer 3 PAKs, and each PAK includes over 100 styles!

Xtra Styles PAKs are styles that work with the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 (or higher). There are 13 PAKs available, with over 100 styles in each PAK!

They're all on sale only September 30th!
Each PAK can be purchased for $29 (reg. $49)... Order XPro Styles PAKS | Order Xtra Styles PAKs

How to: Using the New Download and Install Manager to Install on macOS

In this video we show you how to use the new Band-in-a-Box® Download And Install Manager to install Band-in-a-Box® 2022 on macOS: Installing Band-in-a-Box® On macOS Using The New Download And Install Manager

Learn more about this feature.

Forum Stats
36743 Members
64 Forums
76022 Topics
672521 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
lwgiordano, Paul Stan, pablo62, Jon Mclean, Farmduck

36742 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 184